PDA

View Full Version : Destination unknown: Critical decision looms for harris as free agency approaches

Neely2005
01-15-2016, 10:42 PM
DESTINATION UNKNOWN: CRITICAL DECISION LOOMS FOR HARRIS AS FREE AGENCY APPROACHES:

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/01/14/162141/

Rich
01-16-2016, 02:13 AM
The League is trying to generate some interest in this story, and why not? If the local media gave the CFL the respect it deserves, they would be all over this Trevor Harris drama. It practically writes itself. Especially the happy ending.

gilthethrill
01-16-2016, 10:15 AM
With the recent releases of Chick & Dresser in Regina, could Durant also be a casulalty, thus opening the door for Harris to sign there?

R.J
01-16-2016, 12:02 PM
With the recent releases of Chick & Dresser in Regina, could Durant also be a casulalty, thus opening the door for Harris to sign there?
This has been my thinking since Chris Jones was hired by the Wheaties. I don't see Durant continuing on as the highest paid player in the league.

ArgoRavi
01-16-2016, 02:49 PM

I do think that is a possibility now. If that were to happen, how good of a fit would Durant be for Toronto's offence as a backup to Ray?

R.J
01-16-2016, 03:06 PM
I do think that is a possibility now. If that were to happen, how good of a fit would Durant be for Toronto's offence as a backup to Ray?
Why would Durant come here to back up Ray ?

Argo57
01-16-2016, 03:26 PM
This has been my thinking since Chris Jones was hired by the Wheaties. I don't see Durant continuing on as the highest paid player in the league.

There is speculation in Saskatchewan that Harris could land there.

R.J
01-16-2016, 03:57 PM
There is speculation in Saskatchewan that Harris could land there.
Yup, and for the reason I brought up. A lot of huge contracts in Saskatchewan are being moved out and I honestly don't see Durant sticking around at his current salary. If he's unwilling to take a pay cut, I could see Jones and Murphy giving him the boot and if Harris is willing to come down a bit from his reported asking price, I think the Wheaties would take a look. It would also make a lot of sense from Harris' perspective, if he doesn't land a job down south, Saskatchewan could potentially give him the starters position that he wants and if that occurs he'd more likely than not make more money in Saskatchewan than he would as a back-up to Ray here. Just my opinion of course, a lot of things would have to fall into place for this to occur.

doubleblue
01-16-2016, 04:15 PM
So, Harris goes to Saskatchewan and Durant goes to Montreal? Both would be bad for the Argos. Weakening the Argos and making Montreal stronger.

jerrym
01-17-2016, 12:55 AM
Although he could stick with the Argos, I think it is much more likely he'll go where there is a better chance to become a first stringer, with Montreal being the first choice. However, if the Riders let Durant go, then I'd say he's most likely heading to them.

ArgoRavi
01-17-2016, 02:46 AM
Why would Durant come here to back up Ray ?

How many other options would there be for him? Montreal maybe but most teams are already pretty much set at the starting QB position.

R.J
01-17-2016, 03:09 AM
How many other options would there be for him? Montreal maybe but most teams are already pretty much set at the starting QB position.
Not many options, but I highly doubt no other team would be willing to look at Durant as their starter and he ends up being a back-up to Ricky Ray, who is Milanovich's guy.

AngeloV
01-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Travis Lulay would intrigue me as a #2 if Harris decides to bolt.

Neely2005
01-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Yup, and for the reason I brought up. A lot of huge contracts in Saskatchewan are being moved out and I honestly don't see Durant sticking around at his current salary. If he's unwilling to take a pay cut, I could see Jones and Murphy giving him the boot and if Harris is willing to come down a bit from his reported asking price, I think the Wheaties would take a look. It would also make a lot of sense from Harris' perspective, if he doesn't land a job down south, Saskatchewan could potentially give him the starters position that he wants and if that occurs he'd more likely than not make more money in Saskatchewan than he would as a back-up to Ray here. Just my opinion of course, a lot of things would have to fall into place for this to occur.

IIRC I read that Durant was owed a bonus a couple of days ago. If they were going to cut him they probably would have done it before the bonus was due.

Neely2005
01-17-2016, 10:43 AM
The CFL Facebook feed just put up a quote from Jim Barker saying that they are doing everything that they can to re-sign Trevor Harris.

R.J
01-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Travis Lulay would intrigue me as a #2 if Harris decides to bolt.
If Lulay decides to be a back-up, I highly doubt he leaves BC. Buono and Lulay are already discussing an extension.

jerrym
01-19-2016, 12:27 AM
If Lulay decides to be a back-up, I highly doubt he leaves BC. Buono and Lulay are already discussing an extension.

I doubt Barker would sign Lulay with his ongoing shoulder problems, especially after being burned by his signing of Dickenson, with his ongoing concussions, in Calgary.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8