PDA

View Full Version : Will Finch retiring

R.J
01-22-2016, 04:14 PM
http://www.lfpress.com/2016/01/21/western-mustangs-star-qb-will-finch-calling-it-quits

Sucks, as I thought he had the tools to be a starting CFL QB, but with concussions and the related affects, it's understandable. Good luck to Will in his future endeavors.

Argo57
01-22-2016, 07:14 PM
http://www.lfpress.com/2016/01/21/western-mustangs-star-qb-will-finch-calling-it-quits

Sucks, as I thought he had the tools to be a starting CFL QB, but with concussions and the related affects, it's understandable. Good luck to Will in his future endeavors.

All the tools but wrong passport.

ArgoRavi
01-22-2016, 09:31 PM

I think he would have gotten a CFL look but unfortunately has to retire.

R.J
01-22-2016, 09:36 PM
While I agree, Buckley just signed a deal in Calgary and will at least get a shot to ride the pine.

Argo57
01-22-2016, 10:00 PM
I think he would have gotten a CFL look but unfortunately has to retire.

Big deal, how many other qualified Canadian QB's have gotten a look and ultimately been released??

OV Argo
01-22-2016, 11:06 PM
Big deal, how many other qualified Canadian QB's have gotten a look and ultimately been released??

A few have been released over the past number of years; real "look" is the very questionable part IMO; Bridge made the Als last year and actually played, but he was out of US college ball.

jerrym
01-22-2016, 11:22 PM
While Bridge did play at a US college, his passing looked extremely brutal at the beginning of the season. By the end of the season he showed considerable development both in passing technique and understanding of the game, which shows what can happen if a Canadian qb is given a decent chance to develop.

OV Argo
01-22-2016, 11:58 PM
While Bridge did play at a US college, his passing looked extremely brutal at the beginning of the season. By the end of the season he showed considerable development both in passing technique and understanding of the game, which shows what can happen if a Canadian qb is given a decent chance to develop.

Bridge had already drawn plenty of pro interest just on his rocket for an arm. All sorts of young QBs need refining in their game once they come to the pros - it's not just restricted to Canadian QBs as some GOBs would have us believe, and literally dozens to more like hundreds of young import QBs have been given that CFL chance to develop and learn over the past few decades, compared to next to zero Canadian QBs afforded that chance.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8