PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart to undergo surgery for prostate cancer

R.J
02-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Heard on TSN 1050 originally then found this - http://www.tsn.ca/wrestling-legend-hart-has-prostate-cancer-1.431572

Canadian professional wrestler Bret Hart says he has prostate cancer and will undergo surgery "in the next few days."
Posting on his verified Instagram account, the Calgary-born grappler known as "The Hitman" said he was about to face his "toughest battle."
The 58-year-old has had serious health issues before.
He suffered a significant stroke in 2002 that left him partially paralyzed, but made a successful recovery.
Hart was born into a legendary wrestling family led by his father Stu Hart, the founder of Calgary's Stampede Wrestling promotion.
Monday's Instagram post had more than 8,000 likes within an hour of it going up.
"With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer," Hart said.
He made his debut in the WWF (now WWE) in 1984 and rose to fame as a member of the Hart Foundation with tag-team partner Jim (The Anvil) Neidhart.
Hart went on to win the WWF World Heavyweight Championship five times before an acrimonious split with the promotion.
He joined rival WCW, where he won the heavyweight title four times.
Hart has since mended fences with WWE and was inducted into the promotion's Hall of Fame in 2006.

Sad to hear about this news. Easily one of my favourite wrestlers growing up. not only a Canadian icon but a giant in the business. The Hart family hasn't had the best of luck these last 2 decades, bur my heart felt condolences to the entire Hart family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09R5StAjHo

Will
02-01-2016, 02:51 PM
All the best to the Hitman!

Rocket
02-02-2016, 06:18 PM
All the best to the Hitman!

All the best to the hitman in his fight to beat this battle of his life. I know Bret hart has been a very bitter guy the last few years let's hope he can find peace with himself and others and take this head on. Favorite matchs with Bret hart would be the one against Owen hart at wrestlemania 10 and the one with British bulldog at wembely stadium in front of 80,000 fans at summer slam. Speaking of summerslam they should bring it back to Toronto and have it at bmo field!

Will
02-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Toronto is probably due for a Wrestlemania soon, however, I've noticed that Toronto does not seem to get as many high-profile cards as it once did. I think it gets a Smackdown or RAW a year, but we haven't hosted a PPV in about 10 years, but I digress. There's actually a great match of Bret if you want to go back to 1986. Apparently he was supposed to go up against Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat at Wrestlemania 2 and they did have a couple of well-regarded matches before, one of which was on Bret's first DVD. But, the match was scrapped for whatever reason and Bret ended up in that Battle Royale.

Ron
02-03-2016, 09:26 AM
All the best to the hitman in his fight to beat this battle of his life. I know Bret hart has been a very bitter guy the last few years let's hope he can find peace with himself and others and take this head on. Favorite matchs with Bret hart would be the one against Owen hart at wrestlemania 10 and the one with British bulldog at wembely stadium in front of 80,000 fans at summer slam. Speaking of summerslam they should bring it back to Toronto and have it at bmo field!

He did seem to find peace. Made peace with the WWE and buried some old feuds. Sad this had to happen.

AngeloV
02-03-2016, 12:36 PM
Toronto is probably due for a Wrestlemania soon, however, I've noticed that Toronto does not seem to get as many high-profile cards as it once did. I think it gets a Smackdown or RAW a year, but we haven't hosted a PPV in about 10 years, but I digress. There's actually a great match of Bret if you want to go back to 1986. Apparently he was supposed to go up against Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat at Wrestlemania 2 and they did have a couple of well-regarded matches before, one of which was on Bret's first DVD. But, the match was scrapped for whatever reason and Bret ended up in that Battle Royale.

They are actually having a show at Ricoh next month which will be shown live on WWE network. A Saturday night show.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8