PDA

View Full Version : Seating Chart for 2016

Downtownfan
02-01-2016, 03:51 PM
<tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/419a4a2db0b6526a856c41a88/images/4f1f2685-95a7-4c51-b890-eb6d9e31fd43.jpg

</tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>
Dear

Thank you for your patience while we built our new seating plan and season ticket prices for our upcoming inaugural season at BMO Field. The plan is based on what you told us you wanted: lots of affordable seating options, the ability to sit with your larger group of friends, an all-in-one ticket price that includes taxes and fees, a true fan zone for the loud and proud, and a family zone that’s fun and safe for both parents and kids. We’re excited to share these options with you now, and tell you how you can select your seats before the general public as an Argonauts Season Ticket Holder.

Set out below is our new BMO Field seating map, and our new 2016 season ticket prices. You will also find your exclusive, priority window to select your 2016 season seats.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/419a4a2db0b6526a856c41a88/images/359efff2-0d49-4fb6-880b-da5ba29afe53.jpg (http://argonauts.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=419a4a2db0b6526a856c41a88&id=00b4f97a9a&e=f1dcfc62d0)

Your 2016 season ticket deposit secured your exclusive window to select your seats before the general public. This date and time has been assigned in priority order, based on the number of years you have been an Argonauts Season Ticket Holder.

HERE IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE SEAT SELECTION WINDOW:

</tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>
During your assigned selection window, a Toronto Argonauts Account Executive will call you to assist with the selection of your seats. If you would like to select your season seats in-person, an Argonauts Account Executive will be happy to assist you during your selection window at the Toronto Argonauts head office at 212 King St. West (5th Floor).

If you are not available during your assigned selection window, please call us at 416-341-ARGO(2746) at any point after your exclusive window, and we will be able to process your seat selection. We kindly request that you do not call before your assigned selection window, as we will not be able to select or hold any seats for you before your assigned time.

In order to ensure the most efficient processing of your seat selection, please familiarize yourself with the 2016 seating map and season ticket pricing in advance of your selection window.

Please click here (http://argonauts.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=419a4a2db0b6526a856c41a88&id=91576fc8b6&e=f1dcfc62d0) for detailed Frequently Asked Questions, and an online version of our 2016 seating map and season ticket pricing.

2016 SEASON TICKET HOLDER BENEFITS:

A reserved ticket for all 11 Toronto Argonauts home including: One (1) pre-season, nine (9) regular season games and one (1) post-season game.
Savings of up to 33% vs. purchasing single game tickets
First right to purchase tickets to the 104th Grey Cup on November 27th at BMO Field.
Priority access to purchase tickets to all events taking place during the 104th Grey Cup Festival
Season ticket payment plan with half of the balance due upon seat selection, and the remaining balance due on March 31st
Our new home at BMO Field is going to be an electric place to experience football – Toronto Argonauts football. This year promises to be the most exciting and pivotal season in our club’s storied history. We’re thrilled that you’ll be a part of it!

Sincerely,
Your 2016 Toronto Argonauts

</tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

Neely2005
02-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Dear* ,

Thank you for your patience while we built our new seating plan and season ticket prices for our upcoming inaugural season at BMO Field. The plan is based on what you told us you wanted: lots of affordable seating options, the ability to sit with your larger group of friends, an all-in-one ticket price that includes taxes and fees, a true fan zone for the loud and proud, and a family zone that’s fun and safe for both parents and kids.* We’re excited to share these options with you now, and tell you how you can select your seats before the general public as an Argonauts Season Ticket Holder.*

Set out below is our new BMO Field seating map, and our new 2016 season ticket prices.* You will also find your exclusive, priority window to select your 2016 season seats.

Your 2016 season ticket deposit secured your exclusive window to select your seats before the general public. *This date and time has been assigned in priority order, based on the number of years you have been an Argonauts Season Ticket Holder.

HERE IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE SEAT SELECTION WINDOW:
Name:*
Account Number:
Date:*
Time:*
During your assigned selection window, a*Toronto Argonauts Account Executive will call you to assist with the selection of your seats.* If you would like to select your season seats in-person, an Argonauts Account Executive will be happy to assist you during your selection window at the Toronto Argonauts head office at 212 King St. West (5th*Floor).

If you are not available during your assigned selection window, please call us at 416-341-ARGO(2746) at any point*after*your exclusive window, and we will be able to process your seat selection.* We kindly request that you do not call before your assigned selection window, as we will not be able to select or hold any seats for you before your assigned time.

In order to ensure the most efficient processing of your seat selection, please familiarize yourself with the 2016 seating map and season ticket pricing in advance of your selection window.*
Please*click here*for detailed Frequently Asked Questions, and an online version of our 2016 seating map and season ticket pricing.
2016 SEASON TICKET HOLDER BENEFITS:
A reserved ticket*for all 11*Toronto Argonauts home including: One (1) pre-season, nine (9) regular season*games and one (1) post-season*game.
Savings of up to 33% vs. purchasing single game tickets
First right to purchase tickets to the 104th*Grey Cup on November 27th*at BMO Field. *
Priority access to purchase tickets to all events taking place during the 104th*Grey Cup Festival
Season ticket payment plan with half of the balance due upon seat selection, and the remaining balance due on March 31st
Our new home at BMO Field is going to be an electric place to experience football – Toronto Argonauts football.* This year promises to be the most exciting and pivotal season in our club’s storied history.* We’re thrilled that you’ll be a part of it!
Sincerely,
Your 2016 Toronto Argonauts

Kenners
02-01-2016, 04:04 PM
just got this too!

how does this compare to previous?

AngeloV
02-01-2016, 04:06 PM
No complaints here. At first glance, seemed a little pricey, until I realized that all taxes and playoff game are included.

eiben35
02-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Seems like a lot of options. Silver B could be good. Section 209 or 221.

Downtownfan
02-01-2016, 04:18 PM
It is, however, annoying that they have not told us when the schedule will be released. Would make a difference in this whole thing, I would think. Of course, it is not going to stop me from getting my four seats...

mchesher03
02-01-2016, 04:20 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised / pleased with the price points they've put in place. Was hoping to pick seats in person but I guess we can't with the construction going on currently. Anyhow no complaints from me I'll prob go with golds behind the Argos bench for what it's worth...

It is, however, annoying that they have not told us when the schedule will be released. Would make a difference in this whole thing, I would think. Of course, it is not going to stop me from getting my four seats...

it's because it's likely out of their hands, although it is likely earlier this year without the constraints of the SkyDome, Pan Am Games and Women's World Cup that delayed last year's...

Kenners
02-01-2016, 04:36 PM
looks pretty good IMO, platinum A seats are basically the best seats in the house outside of being on the field and they're at about $80/ticket.

Rocket
02-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Surprised to see they were able to put this out in February with the pace they were going at things I was expecting much later. But congratulations to the Argos management for actually doing something. Not to impressed with the so called fan zone with seasons starting at $300 that's just under $30 for a ticket I think it will be hard to find enough passionate people to pay that much for end zone seats but the other prices don't seem to be to bad.

AngeloV
02-01-2016, 04:37 PM
it's because it's likely out of their hands, although it is likely earlier this year without the constraints of the SkyDome, Pan Am Games and Women's World Cup that delayed last year's...

Yeah, It has to be around the corner. Wonder if they announce it before or after the beginning of Free Agency?

tknight
02-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Hello Argo Fans!

Thank you for your patience while we built our new seating plan and season ticket prices for our upcoming inaugural season at BMO Field. The plan is based on what you told us you wanted: lots of affordable seating options, the ability to sit with your larger group of friends, an all-in-one ticket price that includes taxes and fees, a true fan zone for the loud and proud, and a family zone that’s fun and safe for both parents and kids. We’re excited to share these options with you now, and tell you how you can select your seats before they go on sale to the general public.

Give me a call and we can get things going!

Tim Knight
Account Executive, Ticket Sales and Services
Toronto Argonauts Football Club
212 King Street West, Suite 501
Toronto, Ontario M5H 1K5
Email: tknight@argonauts.ca Phone: (416) 341-2720 Mobile: (905) 320-8449

jerrym
02-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the info.

Will
02-01-2016, 04:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SEASON TICKET PRIORITY:<br><br>Feb 4-11: Renewals<br>Feb 19: Deposit deadline<br>Feb 12-18: New Deposit Holders<br>Feb 22-26: Pre-sale<br>Mar 1: Public Sale</p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/694277928725671936">February 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So STH since 1873 get to pick on Thursday and I guess it goes on from there...

Mightygoose
02-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Pricing looks very reasonable. Looking forward to my window!

ArgoFan1
02-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Don't forget to use this virtual seating venue to see what your view is like. Not as good as getting to go to the stadium to see, but this will give you some idea. This is set up for that soccer team that plays there occasionally. You can even look around the stadium from field level, if you pick the middle of the field or the area in front of the goals.
http://torontofc.io-media.com/

CdnMarathonGirl
02-01-2016, 05:32 PM
What are the "associated club fees" for the club seats in section 123

ArgoFan1
02-01-2016, 05:59 PM
The window sucks a bit for me as I am out of town for the first four days. Hopefully the seats I am eyeing will still be available when I get a chance to call !!! Now.. I don't want any of you snapping up those seats that I am looking at !!

R.J
02-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Absolutely love all the pricing options and the fact that the ticket packages are for 11 games. While I have no idea where we'll end up sitting, it's nothing a little research won't cure.

Found this interesting as well.

The newly renovated BMO offers a capacity of approximately 26,000 fans.

1argoholic
02-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Well various options but the most expensive are stupid to me but hopefully they sell. The most expensive seats in Calgary are under a thou cheaper for example. My lot in life has changed as has my thoughts on shelling out. Since pretty much bailing off Vancouver Island and starting my company again from scratch I can't see hitting games much any time soon. Mr Poverty.

Neely2005
02-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Surprised to see they were able to put this out in February with the pace they were going at things I was expecting much later. But congratulations to the Argos management for actually doing something. Not to impressed with the so called fan zone with seasons starting at $300 that's just under $30 for a ticket I think it will be hard to find enough passionate people to pay that much for end zone seats but the other prices don't seem to be to bad.

That's $299 for 11 games, so about $27 a ticket with all fees and all taxes.

There's also a $199 package for 11 games so about $18 a ticket.

paulwoods13
02-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Hats off to the org. So far this all seems to have been properly handled -- good communications and they are going in seniority order for existing STHs ahead of new deposit-makers. Exactly as they should have.

Interesting that they are offering two-hour windows -- I assume that means four tranches of STHs each day starting Thursday. Hoping all the great seats aren't snapped up too quickly, but really the whole stadium looks to be full of great seats.

Rocket
02-01-2016, 09:33 PM
That's $299 for 11 games, so about $27 a ticket with all fees and all taxes.

There's also a $199 package for 11 games so about $18 a ticket.

Yeah think the $27 is to much for end zone seats especially if you are trying to go after that younger rabid fan base that they will be looking to get to fill those seats. I think the tfc was charging something like $15 for a single ticket for season ticket holders. Like the $199 package $18 ticket seats but they only have a couple of small sections designated for those seats kind of a good idea to have to get people to buy early. Think they should have flipped the two prices around and have the end zones pay the $18. Mind you these are season ticket prices so I would except to see a couple of dollars more for each ticket if you were to buy them separately.

jerrym
02-01-2016, 11:27 PM
Well various options but the most expensive are stupid to me but hopefully they sell. The most expensive seats in Calgary are under a thou cheaper for example. My lot in life has changed as has my thoughts on shelling out. Since pretty much bailing off Vancouver Island and starting my company again from scratch I can't see hitting games much any time soon. Mr Poverty.

The top end seats do seem very expensive for the CFL.

Qman
02-02-2016, 12:30 AM
The top end seats do seem very expensive for the CFL.

cheaper than ticats

KCargosfan
02-02-2016, 01:05 AM
Yeah think the $27 is to much for end zone seats especially if you are trying to go after that younger rabid fan base that they will be looking to get to fill those seats. I think the tfc was charging something like $15 for a single ticket for season ticket holders. Like the $199 package $18 ticket seats but they only have a couple of small sections designated for those seats kind of a good idea to have to get people to buy early. Think they should have flipped the two prices around and have the end zones pay the $18. Mind you these are season ticket prices so I would except to see a couple of dollars more for each ticket if you were to buy them separately.

Hard to get in any football game for $27 AFTER tax and fees. $299 for season tickets in the party section that INCLUDES a playoff game is pretty damn good.

Rocket
02-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Hard to get in any football game for $27 AFTER tax and fees. $299 for season tickets in the party section that INCLUDES a playoff game is pretty damn good.

$27 for a single ticket if you buy seasons it will be higher for single game ticket buyers. If you read on the email that they sent they said you would be able to save up to 33% of a single ticket if you buy seasons. So except a couple bucks more. Still think it would be hard to find people to buy seasons just the way the team was run the last couple of years.

Ballstothewall
02-02-2016, 09:00 AM
$27 for a single ticket if you buy seasons it will be higher for single game ticket buyers. If you read on the email that they sent they said you would be able to save up to 33% of a single ticket if you buy seasons. So except a couple bucks more. Still think it would be hard to find people to buy seasons just the way the team was run the last couple of years.

From what I was told, the Argos will have no issue selling out the fan zone. Will see

You guys forget, that with MLSE, ownership, ( minus Rogers) the Argos will have way more Corp season ticket holders to buy theses expensive seats

AngeloV
02-02-2016, 09:52 AM
You guys forget, that with MLSE, ownership, ( minus Rogers) the Argos will have way more Corp season ticket holders to buy theses expensive seats

That is exactly what I've been saying. $900 for lower level 50 yard line is comparable to what they had at the dome, and I guarantee the actual view will be better.

Will
02-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Now that the news is out, let's keep discussion about the new seating chart to this thread.

Neely2005
02-02-2016, 10:02 AM
From what I was told, the Argos will have no issue selling out the fan zone. Will see

It will probably be quite popular as it’s going to be the Argonauts version of the Red Patch Boys supporters zone. It will be a big party.

T-Bone
02-02-2016, 10:51 AM
It will probably be quite popular as it’s going to be the Argonauts version of the Red Patch Boys supporters zone. It will be a big party.
RPB officially only occupy section: 112 of the south end supporters sections. It does look like the Argonauts front office is going to try to replicate that atmosphere with the south end fan zone.

Downtownfan
02-02-2016, 11:14 AM
I think that the pricing is fairly good. Here is the pricing chart from 2008, keeping in mind that this does not include taxes or a playoff game. But on a per-game basis, it is not a huge increase from 2008, even when you factor in inflation. Also, I presume at some point that the Argos will offer mini-packs, which will also be very appealing. Also note the cheapest seats are cheaper now than in the Skydome. The "Touchdown Zone" is also nothing new, as some have been claiming. There has been a "fan zone" in the end zone of either the dome or Exhibition since the 1970s, if I recall correctly.

http://www.rogerscentre.com/seatmaps/2008_Argos_Seating.jpg

Mightygoose
02-02-2016, 12:07 PM
I'm 2 weeks from my window but does anyone know off hand (even for TFC events) how many rows back the lower bowl goes (section 107 or 124 for example)?

T-Bone
02-02-2016, 12:16 PM
I'm 2 weeks from my window but does anyone know off hand (even for TFC events) how many rows back the lower bowl goes (section 107 or 124 for example)?
From this (http://torontofc.io-media.com/#) it looks like about 26 rows in section: 107 and 18 rows in section: 124.

Mightygoose
02-02-2016, 12:19 PM
From this (http://torontofc.io-media.com/#) it looks like about 26 rows in section: 107 and 18 rows in section: 124.

Thank you for the link. I'll study hard over the next two weeks!

T-Bone
02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Thank you for the link. I'll study hard over the next two weeks!
ArgoFan1 posted it earlier:

http://torontofc.io-media.com/

The BMO Field Virtual Venue is a good tool to help people find seats they want.

1argoholic
02-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Hell even the cheapest seats should be great viewing as the stadium is tiny compared to the dome and CNE. Plus where we sat at the dome the corner of the end zone below us was cut off from view and at CNE there were huge pillars on the north side. I know I got stuck behind one only once.

Rocket
02-02-2016, 06:10 PM

Don't know how much influence ml$e will have on the Argos. All we have heard of is that they will have access to some of there marketing department and some of there staff. But having said that ml$e could not even bother saying anything on the day of the sale of the Argos about them hiring a new head coach for the maple leafs in return the Argos got absolutely NO media coverage that day. As well what about that single photoshoped picture they got from the tfc website to show Argo fans on how bmo field will look doesnt look to professional in my books. If they had such close relations you would think they would be able to show a little more then that. As well I have friends and family who have season tickets to the other teams in Toronto and they have said they have heard nothing with regards to the Argos but have heard from the other teams just not the Argos. So I still think the jury is out on how ml$e partnership with the Argos will be!

Neely2005
02-02-2016, 06:31 PM
I guess now that the other Thread has been closed this is the best place to put this.

I put down a deposit for 4 seats but I wanted to know if I can't get the 4 seats that I want can I use the deposits for 2 seats instead of 4 seats. I was told that Yes I could but then I would only be eligible for 2 Grey Cup tickets. So good news if we can't get the seats that we want.

R.J
02-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Don't know how much influence ml$e will have on the Argos. All we have heard of is that they will have access to some of there marketing department and some of there staff. But having said that ml$e could not even bother saying anything on the day of the sale of the Argos about them hiring a new head coach for the maple leafs in return the Argos got absolutely NO media coverage that day. As well what about that single photoshoped picture they got from the tfc website to show Argo fans on how bmo field will look doesnt look to professional in my books. If they had such close relations you would think they would be able to show a little more then that. As well I have friends and family who have season tickets to the other teams in Toronto and they have said they have heard nothing with regards to the Argos but have heard from the other teams just not the Argos. So I still think the jury is out on how ml$e partnership with the Argos will be!
How exactly is it Tanebaum or Bell's fault that the Babcock news leaked and the douche David Shoatls purposely went there to troll ?

Babcock stated he would make a decision on Wednesday (like a week or two before), no one had any idea that he was going to the Leafs on the Tuesday Night, news only leaked at 10 or 11 am on the Wednesday. Tanenbaum even stated when asked the question, "We're not here to talk about that, we'll release something later on in the day, we're here to talk about the Argonauts". It\s a coincidence that it all happened at the same time, I highly doubt Tanenbaum, Bell or even Rogers planned for it to happen at the time it did.

R.J
02-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Copeland on TSN Drive, talking about the seating chart, prices, selling out, BMO field potential, 17 yard Endzones as of right now.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/copeland-bmo-field-perfect-for-cfl-football-1.432165

AngeloV
02-02-2016, 07:38 PM
How exactly is it Tanebaum or Bell's fault that the Babcock news leaked and the douche David Shoatls purposely went there to troll ?

Babcock stated they he would make a decision on Wednesday, no one had any idea that he was going to the Leafs on Tuesday Night, news only leaked at 10 or 11 on the Wednesday. Tanenbaum even stated when asked the question, "We're not here to talk about that, we'll release something later on in the day, we're here to talk about the Argonauts". It as a coincidence that it all happened at the same time, I highly doubt Tanenbaum, Bell or yes even rogers planned for it to happen at the time it did.

I can't help but laugh now every time I read one of those repetitive posts.

Neely2005
02-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Looks like the Argonauts have the cheapest seats in the CFL @ $199 for their 11 game season ticket package:

"Actually, the Argos are offering the cheapest adult ticket in the CFL, and although the upper-deck end-zone seats are not ideal, getting into the building for a little over $18, including playoffs, is a pretty decent deal."

http://3downnation.com/2016/02/02/argos-launch-ticket-packages-trying-to-create-great-bmo-atmosphere/

Rocket
02-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Copeland on TSN Drive, talking about the seating chart, prices, selling out, BMO field potential, 17 yard Endzones as of right now.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/copeland-bmo-field-perfect-for-cfl-football-1.432165

Wow that was fast.! At least it was something I guess!

Babcock stated he would make a decision on Wednesday (like a week or two before), no one had any idea that he was going to the Leafs on the Tuesday Night, news only leaked at 10 or 11 am on the Wednesday. Tanenbaum even stated when asked the question, "We're not here to talk about that, we'll release something later on in the day, we're here to talk about the Argonauts". It\s a coincidence that it all happened at the same time, I highly doubt Tanenbaum, Bell or even Rogers planned for it to happen at the time it did.

Lol it's called communication which there was none that day. I don't think for a second that tanebum,bell or Rogers set this up to screw the Argos it's just that you have one side who could care less what the Argos do and then you have tanebum who isn't to crazy for the Argos or CFL and that kind of crap happens when you have people who dont give a damn! If they were that close someone could have said something before hand am sure the leafs owners knew of something a day or two before which they could of gave the word to tanebum to not have the press conference.

R.J
02-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Tanenbaum has tried to bring the Argonauts into MLSE on at least 3 different occasions. Yup, that equals he doesn't care. /sarcasm
the news of the Argonauts sale leaked on Tuesday, before it was known where Babcock was going.

Rocket
02-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Tanenbaum has tried to bring the Argonauts into MLSE on at least 3 different occasions. Yup, that equals he doesn't care. /sarcasm
the news of the Argonauts sale leaked on Tuesday, before it was known where Babcock was going.

Anyone who knows tanebum knows that this guy likes to own everything in life. Remember we are still talking about the same guy that is worth a billion and was stalling on buying the Argos when they were on death bed and had to be enticed to host the grey cup at his first year.

Ron
02-02-2016, 08:49 PM

They own the Argos. According to Rocket the Argo owners are to blame for everything. ;)

Rocket
02-02-2016, 09:00 PM
They own the Argos. According to Rocket the Argo owners are to blame for everything. ;)

No I wouldn't go as far to say that when Braley owned them yes 99% was his fault with this new owner I still having a wait and see approach. I just trying to say that tanebum should try conduct himself a little better then what he has done to this point. If he is so much in love with the nfl coming to Toronto he should try to do everything behind a closed door and if the time does come then he can come say something with everything so far apart right now he should should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on the Argos succeeding at bmo field.

Ballstothewall
02-02-2016, 09:53 PM
P

I can tell you that both my buddy's company and 1 of my kids company have had Leafs season tickets for years. The Argos have never approached either company from what they told me. Now both company's order Argo season tickets. They were bombard by MLSE marketing staff.

Rocket
02-02-2016, 10:28 PM
P

I can tell you that both my buddy's company and 1 of my kids company have had Leafs season tickets for years. The Argos have never approached either company from what they told me. Now both company's order Argo season tickets. They were bombard by MLSE marketing staff.

Yeah I have one cousin who has seasons for tfc and a friend who has them for the raptors and they both say that they are always emailed and even have phone calls to them if they want something from the other teams but they never have said they have been approached by the Argos. In the case with the tfc I am sure they will try to distance themselves to not try to start anything with there fan base. But I do believe you ballstothewall when you say that they have been approached by the leafs that is good to hear hope they find success that way. If you don't mind me asking are they giving any discount to them to entice them on buying Argo tickets?

KCargosfan
02-03-2016, 11:10 AM
Rocket, are you buying season tickets, or just trying to be a wet blanket on all the positive news coming out? I almost think you are going to miss Braley because then you can't complain all the time.

AngeloV
02-03-2016, 11:30 AM
I almost think you are going to miss Braley because then you can't complain all the time.

I'll take action on that. Braley's been gone for 5 weeks, but the complaining has not slowed down.

paulwoods13
02-03-2016, 01:16 PM
I almost think you are going to miss Braley because then you can't complain all the time.

Sadly, oh yes he can.

Ron
02-03-2016, 02:21 PM

As noted above he won't skip a beat.

I believe I figured him out. He's trying to beat out 1argoholic for the most negative outlook. But 1argo is the "Sean Connery James Bond" of being negative and Rocket is the "Chris Tucker from Rush hour" version.

ArgoFan1
02-03-2016, 04:03 PM
While the playoff ticket inclusion is a great bonus, as they are usually more expensive, I wonder what the catch is if there is not a home playoff game??? Are they going to want to go through the hassle like last year of refunding money for a missed playoff game, or will they make us keep a certain amount towards the following season's tickets??? Hopefully, they don't just say "Oh well... no playoff game, so you gambled and lost"

R.J
02-03-2016, 04:07 PM
While the playoff ticket inclusion is a great bonus, as they are usually more expensive, I wonder what the catch is if there is not a home playoff game??? Are they going to want to go through the hassle like last year of refunding money for a missed playoff game, or will they make us keep a certain amount towards the following season's tickets??? Hopefully, they don't just say "Oh well... no playoff game, so you gambled and lost"
http://www.argonauts.ca/season-seat-faqs/

What Games are included in the 2016 Season Ticket Package?

Your season ticket package includes 11 games including: One (1) pre-season game, Nine (9) regular season games, and One (1) post-season home playoff game. If the Argonauts do not qualify for a post-season home playoff game, the ticket price for that game will be credited to your account and can be applied towards your 2017 season ticket renewal, or a refund will be available upon request.

http://cfl.wp.uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2016/01/29204707/Ticket-Grid-REVISED.jpg

Qman
02-03-2016, 04:27 PM
this gives you a better view of slope of the seats and sitelines from fan zone

https://vine.co/v/iJr5QuXdEzO

Rocket
02-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Rocket, are you buying season tickets, or just trying to be a wet blanket on all the positive news coming out? I almost think you are going to miss Braley because then you can't complain all the time.

Not yet sure if I be buying seasons yet! i used to always buy my tickets of a scalper at skydome the last couple of years so I never paid the full amount for the ticket a good way for me not to give my full support for the lousy owner. But don't think I will be able to do the same at bmo field. I know for a fact I won't miss Braley and his incompetent ownership of the team. I just hope that our new owner will show a little passion for the Argos or at least put people in its place for the team to be successful then I won't have to post about the off the field stuff and concentrate more so on the level of play on the field.

Why is it everytime we get a sneak peek of bmo field with regards to picture,video,talk it is always based around the tfc?

DoubleBlue_Red
02-03-2016, 05:14 PM

That camera is actually on top of the concourse. The view will be much closer from the seats themselves. After only watching the Argos from the endzone tho in the Skydome, I'd rather have seats at the sides, its just better for watching the game and plays develop.

Qman
02-03-2016, 07:12 PM
TFC has a very good beat reporter at the sun and active in everything the organization does, while the argos guys are semi-retired or not interested in anything.
Kirk Penton in winnipeg and scott mitchell in calgary are similar that way as cfl beat writers.

Maybe it would be easier if a toronto paper paid 50% of milton/edwards salary to cover both the ticats AND ARGOS. they put out a ton of social media stuff too.

R.J
02-03-2016, 08:13 PM
TFC has a very good beat reporter at the sun and active in everything the organization does, while the argos guys are semi-retired or not interested in anything.
Kirk Penton in winnipeg and scott mitchell in calgary are similar that way as cfl beat writers.

Maybe it would be easier if a toronto paper paid 50% of milton/edwards salary to cover both the ticats AND ARGOS. they put out a ton of social media stuff too.
Sorry, but just for clarification. Are you comparing Penton and Mitchell to the TFC reporter or the Argonauts reporters ?

AngeloV
02-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Sorry, but just for clarification. Are you comparing Penton and Mitchell to the TFC reporter or the Argonauts reporters ?

Pretty sure it was the TFC guy. I took it as though Qman suggested they like covering their teams as the TFC guy does, while the Argos beat writers do it begrudgingly.

Qman
02-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Pretty sure it was the TFC guy. I took it as though Qman suggested they like covering their teams as the TFC guy does, while the Argos beat writers do it begrudgingly.
Yeah, that was the point.

R.J
02-03-2016, 08:50 PM

Yeah, that was the point.
Thanks.

Rush IMO does a good job, but sadly hasn't written much about the Argos as of late.

AngeloV
02-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Thanks.

Rush IMO does a good job, but sadly hasn't written much about the Argos as of late.

I keep reading tweets from Rush about # of days he has left at the Star (I believe it's in the 50's). I guess his Argos writing days may be over.

ArgoGabe22
02-03-2016, 09:33 PM
I keep reading tweets from Rush about # of days he has left at the Star (I believe it's in the 50's). I guess his Argos writing days may be over.

Toronto Star would be foolish if they did not have Chris O'Leary, former Esks beat writer, covering the Argos starting in 2016.

Qman
02-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Toronto Star would be foolish if they did not have Chris O'Leary, former Esks beat writer, covering the Argos starting in 2016.

You need a young guys thats really keen like mitchell or penton and work social media every day.

Newspapers are consolidating coverage. Postmedia is almost bankrupt and run by a moron, and that is most of the papers in canada. Your going to see a lot of major papers merging over next two years, its already happened in edmonton.

Tobythor
02-03-2016, 10:21 PM
I'm trying to decide on either seats in the higher rows of the lower deck or the first few rows in the upper deck. Does anyone have any experience at BMO and could offer their opinion on what are the better seats?

Also, is the concorse level on the newly renovated East side better than the West side in regards to selection of concessions, washrooms, and general ease of movement?

Thanks in advance!

Qman
02-04-2016, 12:57 AM
I'm trying to decide on either seats in the higher rows of the lower deck or the first few rows in the upper deck. Does anyone have any experience at BMO and could offer their opinion on what are the better seats?

Also, is the concorse level on the newly renovated East side better than the West side in regards to selection of concessions, washrooms, and general ease of movement?

Thanks in advance!

one consideration: are u sun, heat & shades guy: eastside; like it cool in the shade: westside.

KCargosfan
02-04-2016, 02:49 AM
You need a young guys thats really keen like mitchell or penton and work social media every day.

Newspapers are consolidating coverage. Postmedia is almost bankrupt and run by a moron, and that is most of the papers in canada. Your going to see a lot of major papers merging over next two years, its already happened in edmonton.

I'm a journalist with a sports and newspaper background looking for a job. You think I could get a gig covering the Argos? Have passport, just need work visa.

paulwoods13
02-04-2016, 07:06 AM
I'm a journalist with a sports and newspaper background looking for a job. You think I could get a gig covering the Argos? Have passport, just need work visa.

Sadly, no. The number of journalists who have lost jobs already in 2016 in Canada is well over 100, and will almost certainly grow in the coming months. There's virtually no hiring happening, and the chances of a non-Cdn being accepted for a work visa in this industry are virtually nil. You'd have to have specialized skills that no available Cdn journalist has to clear the visa part of the equation.

Neely2005
02-04-2016, 07:27 AM
CAPACITY

When the north stand at BMO Field was removed late last year to accommodate a CFL end zone, there was speculation capacity for Major League Soccer games would sharply decrease. Not so, confirmed MLSE’s Chief Project Development Officer Bob Hunter, capacity for Toronto FC games will remain at 30,000 while Argos games will seat 27,000, up a bit from the originally estimated 25,000.

THE CANOPY

A rather large gap between the bleachers and roof levels will undoubtedly impact some fans. While the east roof rests five metres above the stands, the west canopy sits a whopping 9.3m above the west stand. The gap between the south stand and the canopy is 15.7m, though it extends back above the south concourse with temporary seating in mind. While every seat at BMO Field is technically “covered,” some are certainly more covered than others. Those sitting in the middle four sections — 10 rows from the top in the lower decks and 10 rows from the bottom in the upper decks — will receive the most protection. The upper part of the south stand will also receive substantial protection from weather. There are no plans to close off the aforementioned gaps.

FROM ABOVE

Ever look down on BMO Field when flying over the city? While the canopy roofing above BMO Field will remain white, it will be lit up at night.

NUTS AND BOLTS

Beyond the 3,600 tonnes of steel being used to turn BMO Field into a respectable venue, more than 130,000 bolts are being used by the 100 workers that have been called in from across North America to work on the project. According to senior project manager Neil Barrows, the steelworkers renovating BMO Field are the same workers who put together BC Place and Investors Group Field.

WOW FACT-OR

The crane currently being used above the west stand weighs 450 tonnes and was shipped in pieces all the way from the Netherlands. It arrived in Hamilton harbor before the project began and was trucked in.

COMPLETION DATE

None given. Apparently construction companies like to keep that open ended, though PCL’s Neil Barrows seemed to indicate the group was ahead of schedule. At this point, only one thing could slow down the process. “Weather is the only thing,” Barrows told the Sun. “It’s windy. Bob Hunter alluded to it. This winter has been good to us. A majority of the steel is in the air. When it’s windy, the workers will still go up.” By March 21, Barrows told the Sun, 528 Musco lights will be placed along the catwalks beneath the three canopies along with a new sound system.

YOU’LL WANT TO SEE

While the massive east and west canopies are being constructed in place, the south stand canopy is literally being constructed on the pavement outside the venue. This massive piece of steel can only be appreciated in person. Using two massive cranes, PCL intends to lift it into place in mid-February. Expect camera crews to be on scene. It’s something you won’t want to miss.

FOR THE ARGOS

It doesn’t look like much right now, but the Toronto Argos are set to move into a massive, 10,000 sq. ft. locker room containing 58 lockers beneath the east stands. A ramp from the northeast corner of the venue leads them into their private space. Meanwhile, traveling CFL teams will share a locker room with traveling MLS teams.

PITCH PERFECT

Amid concerns for the field, MLSE appears to be taking every precaution it can to maintain what MLSE executive Bob Hunter described as “the standard we’d expect for TFC.” At the moment, two reserve fields are growing in Mount Hope. One of those fields might be brought in to replace the current surface later this month. If not now, MLSE will look to replace the surface later this year during a break in the schedule. Seven days are needed. By maintaining a secondary pitch outside the city groundscrews can more easily fix portions of the pitch if necessary between CFL and MLS dates.

THE NORTH END

The north stand was removed to accommodate the larger dimensions of a CFL field. Still, seating will exist in the north end for both soccer and football games. During TFC games, six rows — less than 1,000 total seats — of temporary seating will be brought in. During CFL games, three rows of seats will sit directly behind the north end zone, in front of a fan terrace. MLSE is currently working to ensure fans can stand there throughout games.

WAIT, WHAT?

In potentially a CFL-first, half of the south end zone will be made of artificial turf. All of the north end zone will be made of artificial turf. Everything in between is natural grass. Oh, and those bench dugouts that soccer players rarely used? They no longer exist. Instead, both the Argos and visiting CFL teams will share the west sideline during games.

THE FINE PRINT

“There will be Argos recognition” at the stadium. Get used to it. It likely won’t be substantial. And, as MLSE executive Bob Hunter told the Sun Wednesday, “TFC is still the principle tenant.”

FURTHER FIELD CONCERNS

Worst case scenario? Toronto FC plays five days following a CFL game. Although schedules haven’t been finalized, the early indication from those privy to that information shows grounds crews will always have 5-8 days to prepare for a Toronto FC game.

THE NEXT PHASE

There’s already talk of a Phase 3 over the next few years. MLSE executive Bob Hunter mentioned the suites along the west stand as needing something of a facelift seeing as they’re going on 10 years old. He added that other original (2007) amenities might need to be updated in the coming years.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/03/bmo-field-renovations-nearing-completion-in-toronto

paulwoods13
02-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Worst case scenario? Toronto FC plays five days following a CFL game. Although schedules haven’t been finalized, the early indication from those privy to that information shows grounds crews will always have 5-8 days to prepare for a Toronto FC game.

IMO this means our schedule will include 10 of these dates (roughly):

June 11 preseason
June 25 opener
July 16
July 30
Aug. 13
Aug. 20
Sept. 10
Oct. 2
Oct. 8-9
Oct. 15-16
Oct. 29-30
Nov. 6

Will
02-04-2016, 09:12 AM
Curtis Rush wrote this (http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2016/02/03/new-family-zone-at-argo-games-part-of-new-fan-strategy.html) article on the new family zone the Argos will have at BMO.

Neely2005
02-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Curtis Rush wrote this (http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2016/02/03/new-family-zone-at-argo-games-part-of-new-fan-strategy.html) article on the new family zone the Argos will have at BMO.

I guess that means ticat fans won't be allowed in that section.

Will
02-04-2016, 11:07 AM

Neither will 1argoholic :)

timlb01
02-04-2016, 11:27 AM

So true :). Remember back at old Exhibition Stadium how TiCat fans would show up in school buses to the game. After the game they would leave in their school buses and have certain body parts hanging out of the bus windows. The most common was the moon :). I remember once I guy was doing that and he fell out the back emergency door of the school bus.... those were the days ..... hahaha :)

R.J
02-04-2016, 01:43 PM
First day of seat selection; I can't deny I'm getting excited.

PITCH PERFECT

Amid concerns for the field, MLSE appears to be taking every precaution it can to maintain what MLSE executive Bob Hunter described as “the standard we’d expect for TFC.” At the moment, two reserve fields are growing in Mount Hope. One of those fields might be brought in to replace the current surface later this month. If not now, MLSE will look to replace the surface later this year during a break in the schedule. Seven days are needed. By maintaining a secondary pitch outside the city groundscrews can more easily fix portions of the pitch if necessary between CFL and MLS dates.No hybrid grass ?

THE NORTH END

The north stand was removed to accommodate the larger dimensions of a CFL field. Still, seating will exist in the north end for both soccer and football games. During TFC games, six rows — less than 1,000 total seats — of temporary seating will be brought in. During CFL games, three rows of seats will sit directly behind the north end zone, in front of a fan terrace. MLSE is currently working to ensure fans can stand there throughout games.
There's no North endzone seating in the seating chart.

THE NEXT PHASE

There’s already talk of a Phase 3 over the next few years. MLSE executive Bob Hunter mentioned the suites along the west stand as needing something of a facelift seeing as they’re going on 10 years old. He added that other original (2007) amenities might need to be updated in the coming years.
Maybe this is when some new seats get put in ;)

Double Dare
02-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Neither will 1argoholic :) Punk-ass friendly zone. : )

Qman
02-04-2016, 03:10 PM
There's no North endzone seating in the seating chart.

don't think they will sell season tickets on seats that will be only used until september ... when they start installing grey cup blenchers in every nook and cranny of space at bmo.

Tobythor
02-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Here is some general info I got from my ticket rep about price level changes and the number of rows in the lower decks. I believe the price level changes occur at the same row in each section of the upper deck but I can only guarantee the sections I inquired about.

In sections 226 and 204 Silver B begins at Row 8 and Navy A begins at Row 18.

The last row of the lower deck in section 126 is row 19 and in section 105 is row 33.

I hope everyone gets their desired seat location.

Argos1983
02-04-2016, 09:06 PM
^Thanks for the update, that is useful information for us to use when thinking about our seat selection!

Anyone have any updates as to how long these calls were today? I'm trying to get an idea of how many people are getting called in a day and how much time will they let you spend in selecting seats to the very row or seat numbers requested, or are you just given a choice in a price level requested and kind of told that's your option. Everyone seems to be very quiet in terms of talking about the kinds of seats they are looking for...are people worried that if they talk about it that others will "take their seats"? I figure most people know going in whether they are looking based on price point or location (cheapest or more central or near the benches or endzone etc.) and which one will be given greater weight....

I was also curious as to how long you had to be a STH to be getting called today, and then so on.....my date is near the "end" as I have been a STH on and off over the last 25+ years.....wondering if there are any 25+ year STH left...those who came from the EX in 88 (or before) to the Dome in 89?

Hope everyone gets the seats they are looking for!!

Neely2005
02-04-2016, 09:18 PM
^Thanks for the update, that is useful information for us to use when thinking about our seat selection!

Anyone have any updates as to how long these calls were today? I'm trying to get an idea of how many people are getting called in a day and how much time will they let you spend in selecting seats to the very row or seat numbers requested, or are you just given a choice in a price level requested and kind of told that's your option. Everyone seems to be very quiet in terms of talking about the kinds of seats they are looking for...are people worried that if they talk about it that others will "take their seats"? I figure most people know going in whether they are looking based on price point or location (cheapest or more central or near the benches or endzone etc.) and which one will be given greater weight....

I was also curious as to how long you had to be a STH to be getting called today, and then so on.....my date is near the "end" as I have been a STH on and off over the last 25+ years.....wondering if there are any 25+ year STH left...those who came from the EX in 88 (or before) to the Dome in 89?

Hope everyone gets the seats they are looking for!!

I was told that it's consecutive years as a season ticket holder. So if you took a season off it doesn't count towards your seniority. If that's actually true or not I guess we don't really know.

T-Bone
02-05-2016, 09:58 AM
IMO this means our schedule will include 10 of these dates (roughly):

June 11 preseason
June 25 opener
July 16
July 30
Aug. 13
Aug. 20
Sept. 10
Oct. 2
Oct. 8-9
Oct. 15-16
Oct. 29-30
Nov. 6
The Honda Indy weekend is July 15th-17th which I believe eliminates the 16th as a potential date. Also, TFC plays at home on July 31st so I believe that eliminates July 30th. The rest looks right.

Neely2005
02-05-2016, 11:06 AM
The Honda Indy weekend is July 15th-17th which I believe eliminates the 16th as a potential date. Also, TFC plays at home on July 31st so I believe that eliminates July 30th. The rest looks right.

I really hope that we don't go all of July without a home game, again.

paulwoods13
02-05-2016, 12:55 PM

OK, that means the other 10 dates (or thereabouts) are what we will likely have. Not ideal but understandable, and I can certainly live with it this year. Next year TFC won't be playing its first eight games on the road so we'll end up with something better.

AngeloV
02-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Just made my selection today. I decided to go with the cheaper $199 tickets, and double my order from 2 to 4 seats this year. Really a great deal. Asked my rep what rows in 227 are priced at $199, and was told row 18-27. I got 4 tickets in row 18. Looks like between the goal line and 10 yard line, which are comparable to last season for me, but a whole lot cheaper. Paid $370 per ticket in 2015.

shayman
02-05-2016, 02:01 PM
The band's going to be in section 112, at the east end of the Fan Zone. We're all looking forward to building a great new atmosphere.

paulwoods13
02-05-2016, 02:15 PM
The band's going to be in section 112, at the east end of the Fan Zone. We're all looking forward to building a great new atmosphere.

Great! A dedicated spot for you guys. Any word on getting you on the field on occasion?

shayman
02-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Great! A dedicated spot for you guys. Any word on getting you on the field on occasion?

Working on it! I'm very happy to see the enthusiasm that the new ownership and management have for the whole game day experience.

Treblecharger1
02-05-2016, 02:46 PM
I am also in the front row of 112, Row 13 on the aisle! See you guys at BMO

R.J
02-05-2016, 02:58 PM
I'm looking at seats in the west stands, but can't decide if I want to sit in Silver A/B, Navy A/B or Light Blue. Only choosing next week, so I've still got some time.

Argos1983
02-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Thanks to all who responded --- anyone know if any of the call times are this weekend or next weekend? --- I'm stuck waiting until 9am on Feb 16th so I'm curious if only Friday Feb 12th callers will be in front of me in terms of new deposits, as Feb 13-15 is a long weekend.....I guess having season seats on and off over the years just put me at the back of the line....oh well.....I'm hoping that among existing season ticket holders there can't be more than a few thousand tickets being purchased (4000-5000?! --- any ideas?)....

Ron
02-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Just made my selection today. I decided to go with the cheaper $199 tickets, and double my order from 2 to 4 seats this year. Really a great deal. Asked my rep what rows in 227 are priced at $199, and was told row 18-27. I got 4 tickets in row 18. Looks like between the goal line and 10 yard line, which are comparable to last season for me, but a whole lot cheaper. Paid $370 per ticket in 2015.

Good job!

I always enjoyed sitting in a seat where the guy a foot over paid more than me. In your case you get to breath on a higher price. ;)

AngeloV
02-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Good job!

I always enjoyed sitting in a seat where the guy a foot over paid more than me. In your case you get to breath on a higher price. ;)

Couldn't agree more. It's a $150 difference for that 1 row.

Neely2005
02-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Thanks to all who responded --- anyone know if any of the call times are this weekend or next weekend? --- I'm stuck waiting until 9am on Feb 16th so I'm curious if only Friday Feb 12th callers will be in front of me in terms of new deposits, as Feb 13-15 is a long weekend.....I guess having season seats on and off over the years just put me at the back of the line....oh well.....I'm hoping that among existing season ticket holders there can't be more than a few thousand tickets being purchased (4000-5000?! --- any ideas?)....
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SEASON TICKET PRIORITY:<br><br>Feb 4-11: Renewals<br>Feb 19: Deposit deadline<br>Feb 12-18: New Deposit Holders<br>Feb 22-26: Pre-sale<br>Mar 1: Public Sale</p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/694277928725671936">February 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gilthethrill
02-05-2016, 04:33 PM
I will be making a call first thing on March 1 to order my Flex Pac....actually concerned I may not get the seats I want....not accustomed to that but glad it is that way!

ArgoZ
02-05-2016, 09:59 PM
I will be making a call first thing on March 1 to order my Flex Pac....actually concerned I may not get the seats I want....not accustomed to that but glad it is that way!

Argos fans worried about not getting a good seat or any seat with a sellout possibility. I agree, can't complain after last season. Unbelievable turn around.

Rich
02-06-2016, 03:29 AM
It sounds like seats behind the Argo bench are filling up faster than other places. A group of us were looking for a cluster of about 20 seats around there, but we found way better seats on the east side.

Will
02-06-2016, 09:55 AM
It sounds like seats behind the Argo bench are filling up faster than other places. A group of us were looking for a cluster of about 20 seats around there, but we found way better seats on the east side.

Hardly a surprise. Are you on the upper or lower deck?

Qman
02-06-2016, 06:29 PM

i'm going to "speculate" the star will probably replace rush by partnering/expanding edwards/milton's coverage to include the the argos. Edwards/milton keep expanding their coverage (especially online), work hard, like their jobs & generate alot of content ... and the star (indirectly through metroland) owns this coverage already. why not take advantage of it.

Overall, that would be a win for argo fans due to all the quality content & analysis they produce, especially online if we have a argos version of the scratching post.

Will
02-07-2016, 10:02 AM
i'm going to "speculate" the star will probably replace rush by partnering/expanding edwards/milton's coverage to include the the argos. Edwards/milton keep expanding their coverage (especially online), work hard, like their jobs & generate alot of content ... and the star (indirectly through metroland) owns this coverage already. why not take advantage of it.

Overall, that would be a win for argo fans due to all the quality content & analysis they produce, especially online if we have a argos version of the scratching post.

I doubt it. I don't think it would sit well to combine Argo and Ticat coverage.

ArgoRavi
02-07-2016, 05:30 PM
The Star lured a football writer in Chris O'Leary from Edmonton a few months ago so I would hope that he will be Rush's replacement if Rush is indeed on his way out.

R.J
02-07-2016, 05:37 PM
The Star lured a football writer in Chris O'Leary from Edmonton a few months ago so I would hope that he will be Rush's replacement if Rush is indeed on his way out.
According to his blog; Rush is retiring.

KCargosfan
02-08-2016, 03:35 AM
Sadly, no. The number of journalists who have lost jobs already in 2016 in Canada is well over 100, and will almost certainly grow in the coming months. There's virtually no hiring happening, and the chances of a non-Cdn being accepted for a work visa in this industry are virtually nil. You'd have to have specialized skills that no available Cdn journalist has to clear the visa part of the equation.

Sounds like down here. Media jobs are getting chopped by the day. Tough to find gigs.

mchesher03
02-08-2016, 09:06 AM
i guess the 9-11am window starts at 9:05am hahaha. ah well.

Will
02-10-2016, 10:57 AM
I just spoke with Ethan at the Argo office. The home base for ArgoFans is Section 226, Row 9, Seat 7. Do come visit.

R.J
02-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Just picked my seats; Section 221 row 8. Fast and easy selection; took under 5 minutes.

shayman
02-10-2016, 11:04 AM
It would be cool if there was some way on argofans.com that we could all drop pins on a BMO map to indicate where we're sitting. (band: section 112; which rows, I'm not 100% sure, but they told me "at the front")

ArgoFan1
02-10-2016, 11:46 AM
I imagine we are spread all over the map, but it would be interesting, once we've all selected our seats to hear from some members and then we would know if anyone else from here is sitting in the same section or row. I just asked for top row on the lower level, Section 124. I was hoping for the Gold seats in 125, as there were maybe half a dozen there, but they were gone by my selection window. I don't know what the row number is, but going by the BMO virtual seat venue, it looks like the lower section on the West side is 19 rows. Not too bad. I much prefer being higher up to be able to see the plays better. I'll be behind the Argo bench too.

Scooter McCray
02-10-2016, 12:00 PM
My window was 1-3 pm yesterday. Nobody called me, so I called the Argos at 3:15 pm. I got the seats I wanted in Section 122, Row 10 in Gold section. I am happy. Good view of jumbotron, closer to rowdy fanzone section. Just wish the Argo bench was there instead of visitor bench.

Mightygoose
02-10-2016, 12:08 PM
I imagine we are spread all over the map, but it would be interesting, once we've all selected our seats to hear from some members and then we would know if anyone else from here is sitting in the same section or row. I just asked for top row on the lower level, Section 124. I was hoping for the Gold seats in 125, as there were maybe half a dozen there, but they were gone by my selection window. I don't know what the row number is, but going by the BMO virtual seat venue, it looks like the lower section on the West side is 19 rows. Not too bad. I much prefer being higher up to be able to see the plays better. I'll be behind the Argo bench too.

My window starts on Tuesday a 9 am -just want to understand correctly, it is only the top row of Gold 125 gone or the whole section? (for STs). I was eyeing there but may need to scout 2nd and 3rd options. A good problem to have!

Neely2005
02-10-2016, 12:42 PM
It would be cool if there was some way on argofans.com that we could all drop pins on a BMO map to indicate where we're sitting. (band: section 112; which rows, I'm not 100% sure, but they told me "at the front")

Maybe we can all change our Location in our Profile to our Section.

Will
02-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Maybe we can all change our Location in our Profile to our Section.

Mulder had something similar to what shayman is suggesting at one point in the board's history. I don't remember when it was, and may very well have been in the few years when this board was FOA.

Qman
02-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Mulder had something similar to what shayman is suggesting at one point in the board's history. I don't remember when it was, and may very well have been in the few years when this board was FOA.

i'll get us started. done

<----

Tobythor
02-10-2016, 05:54 PM
I got my seats yesterday, we ended up getting section 121 row 17. Can't wait for the season to start!

i'll get us started. done

<----

Me too

<---

ArgoFan1
02-11-2016, 02:42 AM
My window starts on Tuesday a 9 am -just want to understand correctly, it is only the top row of Gold 125 gone or the whole section? (for STs). I was eyeing there but may need to scout 2nd and 3rd options. A good problem to have!

Yesss, that was my hoped for destination, but when I had my window on Monday morning, I was told everything was gone down to row 9. I don't like sitting that low for football, so I got last row in 124. Not much walking up and down to get to and from my seats.

PullTogether73
02-11-2016, 04:30 AM
My window was yesterday between 11-1 with Ethan. I must have called when argofan87 was talking with him because I got his voicemail. I only needed one seat, and I was planning on booking in section 124 on the aisle.
Nothing available in that regard, so I got upsold to a club seat in section 123!
Sheesh! Never thought I'd be in that snack bracket!

Will
02-11-2016, 09:01 AM
My window was yesterday between 11-1 with Ethan. I must have called when argofan87 was talking with him because I got his voicemail. I only needed one seat, and I was planning on booking in section 124 on the aisle.
Nothing available in that regard, so I got upsold to a club seat in section 123!

He called me at approximately 5 to 11 I think. When did you call?

Neely2005
02-11-2016, 09:34 AM
I called in right at 9AM this morning, spoke to Anthony, got 4 seats (up from 2) in Section 227 - Row 1. Had to call back to confirm something and ended up speaking to Rob. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

At 9:30, Tim called me, let him know that I had already picked my seats.

Every time I forgot to ask how many seats they have sold.

I've updated my Location.
<------

Hopefully we get a schedule with lots of summer games!
:)

PullTogether73
02-11-2016, 10:41 AM
He called me at approximately 5 to 11 I think. When did you call?

Ethan called me at 10:39 yesterday morning.
I was on a chairlift at Devil's Glen ski club and I don't answer the phone for anything when I'm snowboarding - even the Argos!
So you spoke to him a few minutes after he called me.

I called back about 12:40 and got his voicemail.
No reply all afternoon. I called back when the lifts closed. He said it had been very busy all day.

I still can't believe I purchased a club seat!
Well, one season in a premium section can't be bad. I'll likely pare it back next season.

Will
02-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Ethan called me at 10:39 yesterday morning.
I was on a chairlift at Devil's Glen ski club and I don't answer the phone for anything when I'm snowboarding - even the Argos!
So you spoke to him a few minutes after he called me.

I called back about 12:40 and got his voicemail.
No reply all afternoon. I called back when the lifts closed. He said it had been very busy all day.

I still can't believe I purchased a club seat!
Well, one season in a premium section can't be bad. I'll likely pare it back next season.

I don't answer the phone on a chair lift because the likelihood of dropping is significant. I've dropped a few ski poles in my time, fortunately never in a spot where I couldn't get it back.

CdnMarathonGirl
02-11-2016, 11:33 AM

What's the scoop on club seats? I emailed to ask about the "extra fee" and what it was for. They replied that it was waived for this year, but didn't give a good answer about what t was for.

R.J
02-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Didn't know where to put this, but I just heard Steve Simmons say on TSN Drive that his group is 37 strong.

eiben35
02-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Simmons said 8 guys have bailed since he was asking for the cash. Brutal!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8