PDA

View Full Version : Devcore hopes to buy Senators in bid

R.J
02-02-2016, 02:36 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/report-devcore-hopes-to-buy-senators-in-bid-1.431824

There was speculation about this early on, of which Melnyk told the media his team wasn't for sale and that the Sens wouldn't play in someone else's barn should they lose their bid to Devcore. I think if the price is right and Rendezvous loses to Devcore on the Lebreton bid, it could happen. Which, I don't see as a bad thing, the Devcore group has a lot of money and Melnyk's fortune is not what it once was.

R.J
03-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Rumblings out of Ottawa that André Desmarais could potentially buy Majority stake in the Senators with Melnyk sticking around (at least for a couple-few more years as a minority partner). RendezVous LeBreton failed, so the NCC is planning to open the bid process again, and DCDLS Devcore are still said to be interested, and willing to work with John Ruddy's Trinity Group.

Mightygoose
03-04-2019, 04:01 PM
I've been hearing these rumblings too and have picked up after the LeBreton plan failed.

Would the proposed partnership be only on the real estate side. I can't see them owning part of the team unless it's way to settle their lawsuits.

Either way, it makes sense why the team has been stripped down on so many areas. NCC will announce the new LeBreton bid process on Thursday.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8