PDA

View Full Version : Say what? Argos Ticket Sales Currently at 15K

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

argotom
02-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Just got off the phone with the Argo rep.
My season ticket purchase was quick and seamless.
So I asked the rep how it was going.
Unbelievably was told they are currently at around 15,000.
Had to ask him several times to make sure this figure was correct.
That's even before it goes out to the general public sale in a few weeks.
Can 20,000.-25,000 be far off?
This may be a money maker after all.

R.J
02-05-2016, 04:11 PM
If true great news. IIRC Copeland stated the goal was 20k, not sure if they plan to cap it at 20k or if that's just the goal.

Qman
02-05-2016, 04:23 PM
If true great news. IIRC Copeland stated the goal was 20k, not sure if they plan to cap it at 20k or if that's just the goal.

i'd say keep going to 25k. makes my tickets more valuable if i need to sell them due to work trips, etc.

Neely2005
02-05-2016, 04:24 PM
I think a lot of existing season ticket holders are probably buying additional seats. We were going to go from 2 to 4 but I don't think that we're going to get the seats we want so we'll probably end up staying at 2.

R.J
02-05-2016, 04:24 PM
i'd say keep going to 25k. makes my tickets more valuable if i need to sell them due to work trips, etc.
So only 1,000 seats for singles ? That doesn't sound right.

Neely2005
02-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Just got off the phone with the Argo rep.
My season ticket purchase was quick and seamless.
So I asked the rep how it was going.
Unbelievably was told they are currently at around 15,000.
Had to ask him several times to make sure this figure was correct.
That's even before it goes out to the general public sale in a few weeks.
Can 20,000.-25,000 be far off?
This may be a money maker after all.

How long did it take for you to pick your new seats?

So only 1,000 seats for singles ? That doesn't sound right.

The article in the Sun said that the capacity is 27,000. But yeah even 2,000 for walk ups seems low.

Downtownfan
02-05-2016, 04:28 PM
15,000 already? This is just fantastic news, and I think anyone of us who is talking to a rep when they get their tickets should ask what the number is at, like ArgoT, just to confirm that this is not a rep just talking things up. I am also doubling from 2 to 4, and am starting to get worried that I won't be able to get what I want. I don't go until Tuesday Feb. 11-- I had seasons on and off from 2004. I wonder what will be left when I get to pick mine?

If they REALLY wanted to make a splash, they would have a screen up with the seat availability, and people could watch and see what inventory was being sold in real time.

I am thinking of going to the offices to do my purchase, too.

One more thing: Whatever happens, this is a news story that likely will not get any press-- certainly not from the branch plant nationalists who call themselves columnists in Toronto, or the broadcast media. If it does indeed come to pass that the Argos end up with 15-20,000 season seat holders, this is a great sports story in every sense. But I doubt you will hear much about it in the media.

argotom
02-05-2016, 04:30 PM

Did some prep work before and we had a neighbour friend do all of the organizing keeping several people together in the same row.
As for the actual over the phone with the rep, 5-10 minutes max, it was very smooth.
I could hear the chatter and the phones ringing in the background.

Mightygoose
02-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Excellent news if true. Though that is number worth motioning publically. Mind you that is a mix of STHs and deposits so I think they'll likely announce a number once all of the deposits are converted.

I pick in 9 days, certain there will still be a good selection...maybe I'll ask for a new update then!

argotom
02-05-2016, 04:33 PM
15,000 already? This is just fantastic news, and I think anyone of us who is talking to a rep when they get their tickets should ask what the number is at, like ArgoT, just to confirm that this is not a rep just talking things up. I am also doubling from 2 to 4, and am starting to get worried that I won't be able to get what I want. I don't go until Tuesday Feb. 11-- I had seasons on and off from 2004. I wonder what will be left when I get to pick mine?

If they REALLY wanted to make a splash, they would have a screen up with the seat availability, and people could watch and see what inventory was being sold in real time.

I am thinking of going to the offices to do my purchase, too.

You know that's a great idea.
Just like years ago when the Riders had those telethons to keep the team alive.
We could have a billboard erected over the Lakeshore/QEW to constantly update the numbers.
Just like the provincial or federal debt clock.
What a promotion.

R.J
02-05-2016, 04:34 PM
The article in the Sun said that the capacity is 27,000. But yeah even 2,000 for walk ups seems low.
Yeah, I know. Bob hunter says 27,000; Copeland and Moore say 26,000. Agreed, 1-2,000 would be low, but IIRC the Alouettes had 18,000 Season ticket holders when Percival Molson only seated 20,000.

Neely2005
02-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Did some prep work before and we had a neighbour friend do all of the organizing keeping several people together in the same row.
As for the actual over the phone with the rep, 5-10 minutes max, it was very smooth.
I could hear the chatter and the phones ringing in the background.

Thanks. We're already resigned to the fact that we're not going to get the seats that we want / had at Rogers Centre.

Qman
02-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Thanks. We're already resigned to the fact that we're not going to get the seats that we want / had at Rogers Centre.

just email the argos and see if you can get bumped up in the que.

..."look at my post numbers at argofans.com" :)

Neely2005
02-05-2016, 05:14 PM
just email the argos and see if you can get bumped up in the que.

..."look at my post numbers at argofans.com" :)

Lol, yeah that should work.
:)

R.J
02-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Lol, yeah that should work.
I need to get my posting numbers up if that's the case lol.

Qman
02-05-2016, 05:19 PM

don't really have walk ups any more. with ticketmaster now you can pick your seats and then can print their ticket or show their phone, plus there are no blackouts on tv anymore. gameday ticket booths are more for helping customers than selling tickets now.

prefer 100% season ticketholders .. then my tickets are valuable and i can sell if needed on secondary market.
Then people are forced to continue to renew your season tickets and you have a more stable fan base.

Neely2005
02-05-2016, 05:28 PM
don't really have walk ups any more. with ticketmaster now and can print their ticket or show their phone, plus there are no blackouts on tv anymore.
i prefer 100% season ticketholders .. then my tickets are valuable and i can sell if needed on secondary market.
Then people are forced to continue to renew your season tickets and you have a more stable fan base.

I don't disagree but organizations seem to like to keep a few thousand tickets available to the general public each game. Even the leafs don't go 100% season tickets.

paulwoods13
02-05-2016, 05:33 PM
And there has to be a way to let new fans experience it without knowing someone who has seasons tix. If the new stadium seats 26k, I'd like 3-4K available for single-game purchase and the rest seasons. That would pretty well guarantee the team a profit while enabling new fans to be brought into the fold.

R.J
02-05-2016, 05:35 PM
And there has to be a way to let new fans experience it without knowing someone who has seasons tix. If the new stadium seats 26k, I'd like 3-4K available for single-game purchase and the rest seasons. That would pretty well guarantee the team a profit while enabling new fans to be brought into the fold.
I agree; especially when you consider where the Argonauts are currently at within this market. It just makes sense to ensure as many people as possible can experience the new game day experience and the "new" Argonauts.

Qman
02-05-2016, 05:41 PM
I don't disagree but organizations seem to like to keep a few thousand tickets available to the general public each game. Even the leafs don't go 100% season tickets.

i don't know the reason for holding say 5%-25% singles but i will throw some ideas out there:
- singles are higher priced tickets, so higher margin (leaf are example of this)
- prevents scalpers or flippers from being too much of your ticket base
- allows new fans to get a taste of being a SSH (although with all games on tv you are already developing fans)

sthfan1988
02-05-2016, 06:31 PM
I was pretty impressed with the renewal process. Took about 3 minutes, got the seats I wanted, so I'm one pretty happy season ticket holder.

argos1873
02-05-2016, 10:41 PM
If SSH numbers are truly at 15k this is tremendously good news. And if this turns out to be true, and there is little to no media coverage of it, then its prove positive that there's conspiracy in the media to not report positively on the Argos. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to when the club confirms the numbers officially of course. But again if true, what a turnaround.

I'm also of the mind that there should be some fair amount of tickets available to non-SSH. You need to grow the market by having others be able to reasonably afford tickets to a game. Sure near %100 SSH is good for the club financially and good for SSH holders financially, but its not good for the future growth of the team. But a certain scarcity of tickets is also good for the product. Anyhow damn good for the Argos if these numbers are true.

Ron
02-06-2016, 01:49 AM
They can't be at 15K. Rocket says they aren't doing anything.

argolio
02-06-2016, 01:54 AM
Anyhow damn good for the Argos if these numbers are true.Absolutely. 15K up to now is outstanding.

Qman
02-07-2016, 01:13 PM
more reports:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/GeoffLWright">@GeoffLWright</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/garylawless">@garylawless</a> do you expect a better turnout in Toronto for Argos games?&quot; Yes. I think over 14 k in season tix already</p>&mdash; gary lawless (@garylawless) <a href="https://twitter.com/garylawless/status/696388274118479872">February 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1argoholic
02-07-2016, 02:56 PM
That's GREAT but you can't just hope that the die hards get tickets or get tickets again. They need to make the stadium the place to be and generate new fans. It would be nice to see the Argos have a sold out playoff date with over flow fans watching on a big screen just as with the Leafs ans Raptors. You have to shoot for the moon.

Neely2005
02-07-2016, 03:10 PM
That's GREAT but you can't just hope that the die hards get tickets or get tickets again. They need to make the stadium the place to be and generate new fans. It would be nice to see the Argos have a sold out playoff date with over flow fans watching on a big screen just as with the Leafs ans Raptors. You have to shoot for the moon.

The city set something up for the Jays at City Hall in the playoffs, hopefully they can do the same thing for the Argonauts

jerrym
02-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Great news on ticket sales, especially after the last year at Rogers seemed like the Argos were in a hospice for the terminally ill.

R.J
02-07-2016, 03:48 PM
If the interest were to ever get big enough; I would love to see City Hall, Maple Leaf Square and outside of BMO (within the EX) full of Argonaut fans watching the team on some big screens.

argotom
02-07-2016, 04:23 PM
I saw this elsewhere.
Here is apparently a source which supports the figure given to me by the rep.

@garylawless: "@GeoffLWright: @garylawless do you expect a better turnout in Toronto for Argos games?" Yes. I think over 14 k in season tix already

Argo57
02-07-2016, 04:27 PM
I saw this elsewhere.
Here is apparently a source which supports the figure given to me by the rep.

@garylawless: "@GeoffLWright: @garylawless do you expect a better turnout in Toronto for Argos games?" Yes. I think over 14 k in season tix already

Read post#25 by Qman

Will
02-08-2016, 09:10 AM
I saw the tweet myself several times yesterday, but it appears to have been deleted (for whatever reason) since then.

mchesher03
02-08-2016, 09:45 AM
well i'm stoked for the season. just renewed and there may be many with deposits in-place but I didn't have any trouble getting a seat where I wanted (section 124 for the record), seemed pretty wide open - maybe I'm at the earlier stage due to years of suffering, who knows.

either way really looking forward to it. called in during my window and talked to a guy named Ethan there - he was great, very easy process.

Neely2005
02-08-2016, 10:21 AM
well i'm stoked for the season. just renewed and there may be many with deposits in-place but I didn't have any trouble getting a seat where I wanted (section 124 for the record), seemed pretty wide open - maybe I'm at the earlier stage due to years of suffering, who knows.

either way really looking forward to it. called in during my window and talked to a guy named Ethan there - he was great, very easy process.

You called in? I thought that they were supposed to call us?

AngeloV
02-08-2016, 10:33 AM
You called in? I thought that they were supposed to call us?

They called me, but my email also said you can call them to arrange a time that is suitable.

Rich
02-08-2016, 10:44 AM
My rep told me today the number isn't anywhere near 15,000 at this point. He said that was ownership's goal for season's tix. He said at this point they've doubled their count from last year already, which would be what, 6,000?

Will
02-08-2016, 10:54 AM
My rep told me today the number isn't anywhere near 15,000 at this point. He said that was ownership's goal for season's tix. He said at this point they've doubled their count from last year already, which would be what, 6,000?

That makes more sense. Likely why Lawless deleted his tweet.

doubleblue
02-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Oh, oh, back to the old drawing board.

Mightygoose
02-08-2016, 11:15 AM
That's disappointing, tough I recall Copeland first stated that his goal was 20K. So double would be anywhere from 6-10K as my guess.

Part of me thinks get names of those who claim any number and see if anyone is consistent with their reply.

Overall, nobody really knows the count right now.

paulwoods13
02-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Got my tickets, section 124. So excited about this! Dealt with a very helpful ticket rep named Donny who says schedule should be released in the next week or so. It would make sense to release by the time general sale to new customers begins, which if memory serves is next week.

Rocket
02-08-2016, 11:29 AM

Yeah there was no way that they would have 15,000 at this point considering they have only been selling tickets to past and current season ticket holders and the fact that they have not reached out to the public yet. I know ml$e has a lot of business associates and links where they just give these tickets away to them but to have 15,000 would be asking way to much right now. I keep telling everyone here that the damage of the past regime was nothing but diastourous for this teams future going forward that it would take a long time to rebuilt this franchise. That is why they needed to start with marketing this team right away just moving to bmo field is not going to do the trick people. Anyways I am happy right now with 6,000 considering they have yet to do NOTHING with regards to any type of marketing to getting the word out to people that the Argos are moving to bmo field next year.

jerrym
02-08-2016, 11:31 AM
I'm disappointed that it does not seem to be 15,000 but doubling sales with considerable time left is still moving in the right direction.

1argoholic
02-08-2016, 11:37 AM
BMO is now sold out for every game for the next five years and Grey Cup tickets are also sold out. Glad I told people we had sold 15 thou to now look like a bullshit artist. F Twitter!!!

Mightygoose
02-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Numbers can be skewed so many ways depending on the context as said above they're only selling seats to existing STH and I've seen on this board many have increased the number in their account so double seems reasonable. The figure may not factor in the deposits that are yet to convert therefore no way they can be at 15K. Perhaps both reps are correct as Obi-Wan says....from a certain point of view.

Overall, it's probably best shut down this thread until we hear something official from the team or the league on this matter and I'll see what the rep says wen I pick in a week tomorrow...

Will
02-08-2016, 12:35 PM
It depends greatly on what 6,000 means. Does it mean 6,000 signed, sealed and delivered STH or 6,000 deposits?

AngeloV
02-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Numbers can be skewed so many ways depending on the context as said above they're only selling seats to existing STH and I've seen on this board many have increased the number in their account so double seems reasonable. The figure may not factor in the deposits that are yet to convert therefore no way they can be at 15K. Perhaps both reps are correct as Obi-Wan says....from a certain point of view.

Overall, it's probably best shut down this thread until we hear something official from the team or the league on this matter and I'll see what the rep says wen I pick in a week tomorrow...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Hopefully they do have 14-15k in deposits, but who really knows for sure.

Will
02-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Hopefully they do have 14-15k in deposits, but who really knows for sure.

That's the best case scenario.

R.J
02-08-2016, 12:38 PM
15,000 is an achievable goal IMO, and there's nothing wrong with that number. If only 6-10,000 have been sold so far; I still take it as a good sign that we're going in the right direction. Still a lot of work to do, but Rome wasn't built in a day and I have faith the the current ownership group and executive team.

paulwoods13
02-08-2016, 01:22 PM

Let's examine this -- we have an unnamed ticket rep saying something to a ticket buyer. And we are guessing how many tickets were sold last season. None of this would pass even a rudimentary test for the type of verification that leads to information being presented as fact by journalists. So just as it was premature to trumpet how great things were with 15,000 tickets "sold" (when actually NONE had been "sold"), it is premature to see this as disappointing. As mightygoose said, "Overall, nobody really knows the count right now." Actually, someone inside the Argo org likely knows, but I bet it is not a ticket rep.

Will
02-08-2016, 04:26 PM
To add to the "I was told this" column, my parents picked their tickets earlier today and they said that the Argos "are trying for 15,000 STH and that they are halfway there."

Mightygoose
02-08-2016, 04:31 PM
I'm sure we'll get a more firm number once the general sale goes out. But curious if this 'half way there' figure are just the firm STHs to date. If so then it bodes well IMO.

paulwoods13
02-08-2016, 05:23 PM
I would be surprised if they have sold 7,500 actual tickets already. They have been on sale only for three days. Is it possible the first three groups of STHs have already increased overall sales to that extent? Maybe, but I would bet whatever figures they are throwing around are based on a combo of actual sales, deposits and expressions of interest, plus some projections for future sales windows based on to what extent the first three groups bought additional tickets compared to prior years.

Ron
02-08-2016, 06:46 PM
or ....

They have sold 15K but someone told the staff to shut up about it since only existing STH's are supposed to have access right now.

AngeloV
02-08-2016, 08:12 PM
or ....

They have sold 15K but someone told the staff to shut up about it since only existing STH's are supposed to have access right now.

Another possibility Ron. If the new Owners have lined up a bunch of corporate sales, they likely will not wait to sell them.

Neely2005
02-08-2016, 09:29 PM
or ....

Could be 15k in deposits only too.

Or existing season ticket holders are buying more tickets than they had last season.

paulwoods13
02-09-2016, 06:23 AM
Or existing season ticket holders are buying more tickets than they had last season.

That is no doubt happening. But again, is it likely that in the first three days, the first 24 groups of STHs combined to buy 15,000 tickets? Highly unlikely.

Neely2005
02-09-2016, 08:23 AM
That is no doubt happening. But again, is it likely that in the first three days, the first 24 groups of STHs combined to buy 15,000 tickets? Highly unlikely.

Which is why I said that it could be deposits too.

paulwoods13
02-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Which is why I said that it could be deposits too.

As did I.

1argoholic
02-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Or the new owners have done shit all and we actually have 3,000 season ticket holders. But in that tiny stadium will still look good. I still have little faith in the new owners.

Downtownfan
02-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Just got off the phone after getting my four seats for next year (S. 221). I asked the rep about the rumoured 15,000 figure for seats sold, he said that was incorrect. I asked him if that figure might be a combination of seats sold and deposits, he said he could not comment. So, take that for what it is. But it was a pretty good process, and he gave me a number of options in the general area where I was looking. He also said that the sections I was looking at, behind the visitors bench, had much more available seating than behind the Argos bench, which makes sense.

I will say this about the whole question of where the Argos are at in terms of seasons seats sold: It is a complete, amazing turnaround from just a few years ago. We are debating how many seasons seats are being sold, versus whether or not the franchise could survive. Instead of a the crappy dome, we are in a great venue, and there is renewed interest among the Argos fan base, which is a dramatic change even from last year.

We are at the end of the first tranche of seat buying: Let's see where we are at March 1, when all the renewals, deposits, and corporate seats have been sold. Then there will be public seats, flex packs, and eventually, we will even see some more interest from visiting teams' fans to come to the new venue when the whole thing is opened up. Keep in mind, too, the that Argos have done virtually no marketing for this sale-- just website and twitter, really. I think we are in good shape.

All in all, it is going to be a heck of a lot better being in a nice 26,000 seat venue than a cavernous 53,000 seat venue. Even if we don't sell out every game, it will be a world of difference.

paulwoods13
02-09-2016, 11:08 AM
This^^^^^^

Mightygoose
02-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Just got off the phone after getting my four seats for next year (S. 221). I asked the rep about the rumoured 15,000 figure for seats sold, he said that was incorrect. I asked him if that figure might be a combination of seats sold and deposits, he said he could not comment. So, take that for what it is. But it was a pretty good process, and he gave me a number of options in the general area where I was looking. He also said that the sections I was looking at, behind the visitors bench, had much more available seating than behind the Argos bench, which makes sense.

Appreciate the update and the could not comment says allot to me. Sales seem to be going well and with the process of going from deposits to firm sales, it's just too fluid to give any numbers at this time.

I'm also wondering if a gag order has or is being put in on this matter. Looking forward to when I pick next week!

Neely2005
02-09-2016, 11:56 AM
As did I.

But you deleted that part of my post when you quoted me.

paulwoods13
02-09-2016, 11:58 AM
But you deleted that part of my post when you quoted me.

Guilty as charged. Sorry about that.

Neely2005
02-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Guilty as charged. Sorry about that.

No problem, was just a little confused.

argofan81
02-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Quick question -- who has been contacting you to secure your season seats? It seems that my ticket rep from last year is still with the Argos (I was able to leave him a voicemail yesterday) but that isn't who called me? Has anybody else experienced this?

Will
02-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Quick question -- who has been contacting you to secure your season seats? It seems that my ticket rep from last year is still with the Argos (I was able to leave him a voicemail yesterday) but that isn't who called me? Has anybody else experienced this?

I am yet to pick my tickets, but my parents say they were contacted by someone entirely new.

AngeloV
02-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Rob Richardson was my rep last year, and he contacted me via email the day before my window. But it was a gentleman by the name of Anthony that actually contacted me during my scheduled window (actually 2 hours earlier).

argofandave
02-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Someone named Paul phone me a half hour before my window time on Friday.

R.J
02-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Rob Richardson was my rep last year, and he contacted me via email the day before my window. But it was a gentleman by the name of Anthony that actually contacted me during my scheduled window (actually 2 hours earlier).
Rob got a promotion I believe; good for him. Was always great with me.

AngeloV
02-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Rob got a promotion I believe; good for him. Was always great with me.

Good for him as well as he became a dad this past year.

argofan81
02-09-2016, 08:58 PM

My ticket rep last year was Rob as well. I finally connected with the rep that called me today and he confirmed that Rob will remain my ticket rep this season. Due to the high volume of ticket sales rolling out at this time, the phone call duties are being shared amongst several reps to ensure that everybody is able to secure their seats during their allotted times.

Also, an FYI for this season....the option to exchange tickets for games that you can't attend for other games is no longer there. The thinking behind this decision per the ticket rep I talked to today is that there will be a high demand for after-market tickets (which I took to mean that they are still anticipating high season ticket sales and game sell outs).

argotom
02-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Rob was also my rep last year, I guess there were only a few maybe him only.
A good guy, glad to see he will be back.

Neely2005
02-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Well I imagine that the online seating chart should be up on ticketmaster.ca shortly after the schedule comes out so that should give us some general idea of what's available and what's been sold.

Will
02-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Well I imagine that the online seating chart should be up on ticketmaster.ca shortly after the schedule comes out so that should give us some general idea of what's available and what's been sold.

That wouldn't happen until single game tickets go on sale I think.

Neely2005
02-11-2016, 05:11 PM
That wouldn't happen until single game tickets go on sale I think.

Isn't that March 1st?

Mightygoose
02-11-2016, 05:14 PM
I was under the impression March 1 was the general sale on season tickets and likely mini and flex packs too. Tomorrow seat selection begins for new accounts.

Downtownfan
02-11-2016, 05:57 PM
I was under the impression March 1 was the general sale on season tickets and likely mini and flex packs too. Tomorrow seat selection begins for new accounts.

the organization has dedicated four business days for new accounts processing. They would have known how many new deposits they had to process, and to basically devote as much time for this as for renewals is probably a good sign. What do they mean by the late February "pre-sale"? Is this corporate tickets?

"Issues"Mcgee
02-11-2016, 07:28 PM
I knew 15K at this point was too good to be true. I'm glad I saved my fist-pumping and maniacal laughter until after I finished reading the thread because 15k that quick would have been huge.

LLB997
02-11-2016, 07:36 PM
does anyone know If the team Is going to be doing any sort of flex pack or 3 or 4 game packs this season? If so , when would they begin that? after the season starts?

thanks
Lee

Argo57
02-11-2016, 08:06 PM
I was told that the Argonauts have been processing about 110 accounts/day which translates to about 350 seats/day.

ArgofanIan
02-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Couldn't get section 226 where I wanted so ended up in 204. Stopped by the office last Friday... they were really busy... cheerleaders at the door... hope they find a place or Room for our band and our cheer leaders or look after them somehow at BMO ... Think we have to be patient with the staff as they are real busy... Really looking forward to the season.... GO ARRRRGOS!!!

paulwoods13
02-11-2016, 09:09 PM
I was told that the Argonauts have been processing about 110 accounts/day which translates to about 350 seats/day.

If that is true, they are way below the 15,000 figure that's been thrown around. 350/day translates to 2,100 seats sold so far.

Will
02-11-2016, 09:14 PM
Which would be disappointing. But, there are so many #'s in this thread that who the heck knows?

Mightygoose
02-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Agreed. Very few know the real numbers or even if processed means sold.

But reading the various sales related threads, more people are not getting their first choice for seats so to me that shows they're selling well

Neely2005
02-11-2016, 10:01 PM
If that is true, they are way below the 15,000 figure that's been thrown around. 350/day translates to 2,100 seats sold so far.

Well we already heard that they had doubled last years season ticket numbers as of a few days ago. It was rumoured that they only had 3000 - 5000 season ticket holders last season. So that would be 6000 - 10,000 sold.

Qman
02-11-2016, 10:39 PM

it would be 800 seats a day if they are in 8000 range, and would have gotten through 4000 renewals by today. They are scheduled to start on depositors tomorrow. They might be way behind based on workload. sounds like a massive project.

Presale starts on 22nd (which means they start selling to leafs, raptors, etc season tix holders)
Public sales start at month end.

Argo57
02-12-2016, 07:54 AM

Sound about right to me, I'm picking on Tuesday and was told in total there would be 3500-4000 actual seats sold by the time I pick.

Mightygoose
02-12-2016, 08:33 AM
Sound about right to me, I'm picking on Tuesday and was told in total there would be 3500-4000 actual seats sold by the time I pick.

Curious, who told you that? Was it another rep?

CdnMarathonGirl
02-12-2016, 10:00 AM
I was told that there are only 3 club seats left. I wanted 2 and they have a policy of not leaving a single seat, so couldn't get them. Next choice was front rows in 223. The first three rows will be blocked off for cameras, so I chose not to go there. Got my third choice of dead centre in section 107. Rep says lots of seasons ticket sold for that section.

RB957
02-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Likewise

Qman
02-12-2016, 04:28 PM

based days they have been add it, they will be thru 60% of renewals + desposits. So they are probably at 6500-7000 before they start presales

argotom
02-12-2016, 06:43 PM
All I know is what the guy told me and on top of which my section was nearly sold out when I picked last week.

Argo57
02-12-2016, 06:58 PM
Curious, who told you that? Was it another rep?

Don't want to reveal that but what he was telling me made perfect sense.
I suspect the 15k number at this point is a stretch, the team is not starting their marketing campaign until new deposits are processed.

Mightygoose
02-12-2016, 08:16 PM
All I know is what the guy told me and on top of which my section was nearly sold out when I picked last week.

Curious which section is that?

Don't want to reveal that but what he was telling me made perfect sense.
I suspect the 15k number at this point is a stretch, the team is not starting their marketing campaign until new deposits are processed.

No worries and understood. I pick on Tuesday in the 9 to 11 window so just trying to gague what's gone.

Situationaly, I'm l eyeing sections 124, 125 or 122. If anyone knows if either of these are sold out already, it will make my decision a much easier one :)

Argo57
02-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Curious which section is that?

No worries and understood. I pick on Tuesday in the 9 to 11 window so just trying to gague what's gone.

Situationaly, I'm l eyeing sections 124, 125 or 122. If anyone knows if either of these are sold out already, it will make my decision a much easier one :)

Good luck, I hope you get the seats that you want, pretty sure everyone will be pleased.

argotom
02-12-2016, 09:12 PM

Kenners
02-13-2016, 12:21 AM
I get to pick Wednesday morning, pretty stoked. First time with any season tickets.

Argo57
02-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Shame the Argos didn't update the seating plan daily to show the seats that have been purchased and subsequently still available.

1argoholic
02-13-2016, 11:18 AM
It's going to obviously take a while for the organization as a WHOLE to get it's shit together from top to bottom. Barker and some ticket reps seem to be working hard but there are gaps. As I've mentioned the Argo site is lacking big time. NO marketing yet. I know...I know no one else cares except Rocket and myself.

Neely2005
02-13-2016, 11:42 AM
It's going to obviously take a while for the organization as a WHOLE to get it's shit together from top to bottom. Barker and some ticket reps seem to be working hard but there are gaps. As I've mentioned the Argo site is lacking big time. NO marketing yet. I know...I know no one else cares except Rocket and myself.

Doesn't the CFL run all of the team websites?

IIRC it's already been stated that the marketing is going to start once tickets go on sale to the public, which IIRC is March 1st.

argotom
02-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Shame the Argos didn't update the seating plan daily to show the seats that have been purchased and subsequently still available.

I have even said they should have a running tally as well on the web site to show the actual numbers sold.

Argo57
02-13-2016, 12:11 PM
I have even said they should have a running tally as well on the web site to show the actual numbers sold.

Good idea, like the cash tally at a telethon.

AngeloV
02-13-2016, 12:25 PM
Good idea, like the cash tally at a telethon.

Calling Jerry Lewis..

argolio
02-13-2016, 12:47 PM
I have even said they should have a running tally as well on the web site to show the actual numbers sold.Not sure any team in any league would ever do that.

Qman
02-13-2016, 12:57 PM

relax a bit
... the haven't even started marketing to the leaf and raptors season ticket base (presales).
Or general public via marketing blitz
or 3-packs or flex-packs

Mr. Pike
02-13-2016, 01:40 PM
relax a bit
... the haven't even started marketing to the leaf and raptors season ticket base (presales).
Or general public via marketing blitz
or 3-packs or flex-packs

Plus corporate sales and TFC season ticket holders !

rdavies
02-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Thought this might offer an interesting comparison

Lots of ticket interest in Ottawa's football team (http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/04/21/lots-of-ticket-interest-in-ottawas-football-team)
Tim Baines Ottawa Sun April 21, 2013

Without much of a fuss about it, more than a year before they take the field, Ottawa’s CFL team, soon to be officially named the RedBlacks, are taking season ticket deposits — already more than 5,000.

It’s amazing, really ... and shows that Ottawa isn’t just Hockey Country and is about to add Football Country to its credentials.

“We haven’t spent 10 cents on marketing,” said Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group president Jeff Hunt. “It’s a great indication of what’s to come. It’s pretty organic. No business expects to sell its product without marketing.

“In 2008, when we got the expansion franchise, we got 2,500 PRNs (Priority Registration Numbers, at $25 a pop) within a week. We then became preoccupied with getting the process underway. We felt let’s get the stadium approved and do the marketing later. Since we got that certainty (the final OK to build the stadium last October), there was another run on PRNs.

“It’s word of mouth ... people coming to us. When we do launch our (tickets), probably in early June, we will start to market our season tickets.”

Getting a PRN is a good way for fans to ensure they wind up with good seats. Eventually, when everything is in place, fans will be able to choose where they sit.

“The PRN program that we’ll launch, probably in June, will really be for season tickets,” said Hunt. “This creates an orderly process to selling the tickets. But we won’t be in position for people to start picking their seats until the fall.

“We’re looking at software that will allow fans to choose a seat and actually see what their view will be like from that seat. Years ago, when I bought my Senators season tickets (for the inaugural 1992-93 season), all I could look at was a one-dimensional blueprint on the wall. I didn’t have a great perspective of what I would be looking at from my seat.”

The RedBlacks have hired a GM — Marcel Desjardins — and two other football employees — Jeremy Snyder and Miles Gorrell — and will choose up to four players in the May 6 CFL Draft, only able to pick from a group of Canadian-born redshirted players (with one more year of college eligibility) from the NCAA ranks.

“This is what we’ve been waiting for years to do,” said Hunt. “It’s abstract for a lot of fans. As the stadium comes out of the ground, when you hire a GM, pick some players ... you start to make it more real for fans.

“Fans are still consumed with hockey ... as they should be. But soon, the CFL season will begin. This time next year, we’ll have a team ready to go on the field. It becomes a reality ... that this is coming quick.

“Thinking ahead to this CFL season, what’s really interesting is every game I watch, I’m going to be wondering which of those players is going to be wearing an Ottawa uniform next season. Even last year as Ottawa fans watched the CFL, we didn’t have certainty about the CFL team here, at least not until mid-October.”

It may still be a dull roar, but there is excitement building ... it brings back memories of the Senators 20 years ago, when Hunt, No. 212 on the PRN list, bought eight season tickets.

Now, quietly, the sights and sounds of the CFL at Lansdowne Park, are nearing.

TICKET SALES IN OTTAWA

7-11 record
High: 20,833
Low: 16,303
Average: 18,489

5-13 record
High: 25,839
Low: 20,241
Average: 23,049

7-11 record
High: 26,588
Low: 21,200
Average: 23,377

4-14 record
High: 26,898
Low: 20,576
Average: 23,773

3-15 record
High: 28,451
Low: 16,846
Average: 16,846

argotom
02-14-2016, 06:42 PM
Not sure any team in any league would ever do that.

Why not?

KCargosfan
02-15-2016, 01:12 AM
Why not?

Common sense?

argolio
02-15-2016, 01:40 AM
Why not?What if the numbers suck? P.R. nightmare.

If the Argos ever want to brag about season tickets, they'll do what other teams do: issue a press release.

argotom
02-15-2016, 11:30 AM
What if the numbers suck? P.R. nightmare.

If the Argos ever want to brag about season tickets, they'll do what other teams do: issue a press release.

You have to pick your spots.
Agreed in the past while at Rogers and the very lean years there is no way.
But, this year while the excitement in the air so far and with the move and the awesome sales, now that is the time.

paulwoods13
02-15-2016, 12:57 PM
You have to pick your spots.
Agreed in the past while at Rogers and the very lean years there is no way.
But, this year while the excitement in the air so far and with the move and the awesome sales, now that is the time.

Agreed -- you have to pick your spots, but the right time is not now, it's when the story is basically complete. Once the vast majority of season's tickets have been sold, if the news is as good as we think it will be, they could release some type of number. But not two weeks into the sales, when they haven't even started selling to new STHs yet.

KCargosfan
02-17-2016, 03:34 PM
In all seriousness, I would actually like to see argotom hit the lottery for a billion and buy the Argos. We'd have the best marketing and office staff on the planet.

Tobythor
02-17-2016, 04:16 PM
My friend just got his tickets this morning, he got section 222 row 14. That would suggests that section is filling up nicely, the last row at that price point is 17. He's a huge Red Black fan and CFL fan in general and decided to get seasons because of the lure of BMO field.

ArgoGabe22
02-17-2016, 05:35 PM
My friend just got his tickets this morning, he got section 222 row 14. That would suggests that section is filling up nicely, the last row at that price point is 17. He's a huge Red Black fan and CFL fan in general and decided to get seasons because of the lure of BMO field.

I misread this and thought he must be the first Rod Black fan ever!

argotom
02-17-2016, 05:47 PM
In all seriousness, I would actually like to see argotom hit the lottery for a billion and buy the Argos. We'd have the best marketing and office staff on the planet.

Hey KC, you could have done that had you won a share of that $1.5B power ball a few weeks back.
If I ever win our version here at $60M yes sir I am the next owner of the team.

Ron
02-17-2016, 07:25 PM
Why not?

Because it`s a lot of work just to make about a dozen OCD fans happy.

Will
02-17-2016, 07:32 PM
How about the CFL and the Argos worry about getting a website that's fully functional before we concern ourselves with extra features?

rdavies
02-19-2016, 07:30 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a> Prez/CEO on ticket sales: &quot;We&#39;re ahead of even our most optimistic expectations; we&#39;re expecting sellouts.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TSN1050?src=hash">#TSN1050</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a></p>&mdash; Paulo Senra (@paulosenra) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulosenra/status/700511379803885568">February 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

Mightygoose
02-19-2016, 08:50 AM
Nice to hear Copeland's optimism. Far better than Rudge's 'there's too many things to do in this market' line.

Thought I would still love to know what optimistic expectations quantifies into.

AngeloV
02-19-2016, 10:12 AM
Nice to hear Copeland's optimism. Far better than Rudge's 'there's too many things to do in this market' line.

Thought I would still love to know what optimistic expectations quantifies into.

Not that we haven't been over this before, but really what was Rudge expected to do with the lack of resources provided to him by the owner? I really believe the only reason Rudge was hired was so that he can face the media rather than Cheapskate himself.

argotom
02-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Not that we haven't been over this before, but really what was Rudge expected to do with the lack of resources provided to him by the owner? I really believe the only reason Rudge was hired was so that he can face the media rather than Cheapskate himself.

Agreed, he was the face of the team as a lame duck president.

R.J
02-19-2016, 01:30 PM
http://3downnation.com/2016/02/18/15448/
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">. <a href="https://twitter.com/Mike_G_Copeland">@Mike_G_Copeland</a> on opener vs. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ticats?src=hash">#Ticats</a>: &quot;If anyone from Hamilton wants to go to that game, I would suggest they buy <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> season tickets&quot;</p>&mdash; Drew Edwards (@scratchingpost) <a href="https://twitter.com/scratchingpost/status/700425096910000128">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> have had some early success with its ticket drive says president <a href="https://twitter.com/Mike_G_Copeland">@Mike_G_Copeland</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/scratchingpost">@scratchingpost</a></p>&mdash; CFL News (@CFL_News) <a href="https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/700747961588981760">February 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

Would be nice if TSN would actually put up the audio for the segment.

Mightygoose
02-19-2016, 01:43 PM
Numbers....I want Numbers!!!!

Since the deposit deadline is in less than 2 1/2 hours, I wonder if we'll get something more firm around that time....just me being control freak....very unlike me!!

Neely2005
02-19-2016, 01:58 PM
http://3downnation.com/2016/02/18/15448/
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">. <a href="https://twitter.com/Mike_G_Copeland">@Mike_G_Copeland</a> on opener vs. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ticats?src=hash">#Ticats</a>: &quot;If anyone from Hamilton wants to go to that game, I would suggest they buy <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> season tickets&quot;</p>&mdash; Drew Edwards (@scratchingpost) <a href="https://twitter.com/scratchingpost/status/700425096910000128">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> have had some early success with its ticket drive says president <a href="https://twitter.com/Mike_G_Copeland">@Mike_G_Copeland</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/scratchingpost">@scratchingpost</a></p>&mdash; CFL News (@CFL_News) <a href="https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/700747961588981760">February 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

Would be nice if TSN would actually put up the audio for the segment.

Send TSN radio an Email asking them to put the audio up and they probably will

argotom
02-19-2016, 04:41 PM
Numbers....I want Numbers!!!!

Since the deposit deadline is in less than 2 1/2 hours, I wonder if we'll get something more firm around that time....just me being control freak....very unlike me!!

Ok I will give you some numbers.
We are over 15K now and approaching 20K.
Everything is pointing to this being the most successful season since the Exorcism stadium days.

R.J
02-19-2016, 04:52 PM
Michael Copeland on TSN Drive with Dave Naylor
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/copeland-argos-numbers-have-exceeded-2015-1.440503

Still haven't seen the gamenight link.

timlb01
02-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Ok I will give you some numbers.
We are over 15K now and approaching 20K.
Everything is pointing to this being the most successful season since the Exorcism stadium days.

How do you know this?

R.J
02-19-2016, 06:19 PM
Was able to find Copeland's segment on TSN Gamenight with Hogan and McNamara.
https://soundcloud.com/user-61370436/argos-president-and-ceo-michael-copeland-discusses-upcoming-season

KCargosfan
02-20-2016, 01:53 AM
How do you know this?

He doesn't.

argotom
02-20-2016, 01:28 PM
He doesn't.

We already know about 15K a few weeks back, so now it makes sense the other high water mark is reachable.

R.J
02-20-2016, 02:17 PM
We already know about 15K a few weeks back, so now it makes sense the other high water mark is reachable.
Sorry, but we don't know; it's speculated.

Ballstothewall
02-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Sorry but the Argos have 7300 season tickets sold as of Thursday last week. For not being open to the public yet, this is a great number. I was told by some in the office, by the start of the season they should have 13,000 on the low end to 17,000 on the high end. This does not count flex packages, which would add another 1500 to 2500 to the totals. Anyways we will know the full numbers by June, but the 15,000 for right now is not even close.

Argo57
02-20-2016, 06:49 PM
Sorry but the Argos have 7300 season tickets sold as of Thursday last week. For not being open to the public yet, this is a great number. I was told by some in the office, by the start of the season they should have 13,000 on the low end to 17,000 on the high end. This does not count flex packages, which would add another 1500 to 2500 to the totals. Anyways we will know the full numbers by June, but the 15,000 for right now is not even close.

The 15k didn't make sense when it was announced, as I posted before I was told they are processing 110 or so customers/day or approx 300-350 actual seats per day.
Your numbers make sense, the Argos haven't even started selling to the general public yet.
30+ years of neglect won't facilitate an instant turnaround, if they have 17,000 season ticket holders by the start of the season it will be an enormous improvement over years past.

ArgoGabe22
02-21-2016, 12:07 PM
Well I just heard that sales have exceeded the 10,000 mark. I heard this from a friend of a friend of mine. :p

1argoholic
02-21-2016, 12:25 PM
I heard that every game for the next five years is sold out. I heard this from a friend of a friends sister who is dating the friend of another friends sister who is married to this other dude who said so. hahaha. It's all BS until we hear something from the Argos.

timlb01
02-21-2016, 01:52 PM
I heard that every game for the next five years is sold out. I heard this from a friend of a friends sister who is dating the friend of another friends sister who is married to this other dude who said so. hahaha. It's all BS until we hear something from the Argos.

I know the same friend!

R.J
02-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Too many numbers floating around here. On March 1st (single tickets go on sale); we should be able to get some real numbers.

Downtownfan
02-21-2016, 02:49 PM
Too many numbers floating around here. On March 1st (single tickets go on sale); we should be able to get some real numbers.

I think March 1 is the date that anyone can buy season's tickets without having done a deposit. Likely they will hold off for flex packs until later. Single game tickets likely won't go on sale until much later I think-- June? I like how Copeland is really playing this close to his chest-- same with tailgating and what the game day experience is going to look and feel like.

R.J
02-21-2016, 02:52 PM
I think March 1 is the date that anyone can buy season's tickets without having done a deposit. Likely they will hold off for flex packs until later. Single game tickets likely won't go on sale until much later I think-- June? I like how Copeland is really playing this close to his chest-- same with tailgating and what the game day experience is going to look and feel like.
You are correct. Season tickets go on sale to the public on March 1st. Either way, hopefully there will be a map to show which areas are available.

argotom
02-21-2016, 03:44 PM

How do we know your rep is correct?
I was told 15K by my rep on several occasions.

AngeloV
02-21-2016, 06:33 PM

Who said ir was his rep that told him this? At this point, it is not believable that they can possibly be at 15k. Considering their ST base last year was less than 5 (I've actually heard 3k) there is no way they would be at 15k by just reaching out to previous ST holders.

Will
02-21-2016, 08:17 PM

Neely2005
02-21-2016, 08:58 PM

Apparently Flex Packs go on sale in April.

KCargosfan
02-21-2016, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure why ArgoTom believes the 15K number as it is obviously incorrect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-SieCU11r4

Mr. Pike
02-22-2016, 11:25 AM
So, just to clarify cause I am confused , now, as of to-day, the team is doing a presale till March 1st, what the heck is a presale and to whom ? maybe tknight could answer this . Also, are they also continuing to process deposits or is that phase all done ?
Then on March 1st , the public can buy season tickets without a deposit ...right ?

1argoholic
02-22-2016, 11:50 AM
KCargosfan that is funny and that was a great movie.

Neely2005
02-22-2016, 01:20 PM
So, just to clarify cause I am confused , now, as of to-day, the team is doing a presale till March 1st, what the heck is a presale and to whom ? maybe tknight could answer this . Also, are they also continuing to process deposits or is that phase all done ?
Then on March 1st , the public can buy season tickets without a deposit ...right ?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SEASON TICKET PRIORITY:<br><br>Feb 4-11: Renewals<br>Feb 19: Deposit deadline<br>Feb 12-18: New Deposit Holders<br>Feb 22-26: Pre-sale<br>Mar 1: Public Sale</p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/694277928725671936">February 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
I believe that the presale is for current season ticket holders of the leafs, Raptors, TFC and the Marlies.

T-Bone
02-22-2016, 01:44 PM
I believe that the presale is for current season ticket holders of the leafs, Raptors, TFC and the Marlies.
I didn't receive an e-mail from TFC.

Mightygoose
02-22-2016, 03:14 PM
I think the pre-sale is just trying to finish converting the rest of the deposits to full STs. The Deposit deadline was this past Friday at 4pm. So they need to get to those new ones and follow up on the ones that haven't done seat selection at this time.

argotom
02-22-2016, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure why ArgoTom believes the 15K number as it is obviously incorrect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-SieCU11r4

KC, so we are all according to you pulling numbers out of our rectums.
Starting with my rep who lied to me?

gilthethrill
02-22-2016, 05:42 PM
Donnie called me today and told me sales are going well. He will call me back when Flex Packs go on sale....he said he did not know when that would be though. I would have guessed March 1st.

paulwoods13
02-22-2016, 06:23 PM

Your rep was not under oath. And there's no guarantee he would know the actual total, much less be authorized to release it. Until someone in position to know and to speak on the record -- like Copeland or Moore -- tells us through some sort of public, accountable disclosure process, e.g. in a news release or an interview with a reporter, this is all just speculation.

Will
02-22-2016, 06:38 PM
Your rep was not under oath. And there's no guarantee he would know the actual total, much less be authorized to release it. Until someone in position to know and to speak on the record -- like Copeland or Moore -- tells us through some sort of public, accountable disclosure process, e.g. in a news release or an interview with a reporter, this is all just speculation.

The answers people have received have ranged from a hard number told to Argotom, goals told to several of us and now a statement that "they are ahead of last year." I wonder the amount of internal memos that have gone around the Argo office on this topic.

Neely2005
02-22-2016, 06:44 PM
Donnie called me today and told me sales are going well. He will call me back when Flex Packs go on sale....he said he did not know when that would be though. I would have guessed March 1st.

Someone said that they were told April for Flex Packs, it might have been on the CFL.ca Forum.

AngeloV
02-22-2016, 07:27 PM
The answers people have received have ranged from a hard number told to Argotom, goals told to several of us and now a statement that "they are ahead of last year." I wonder the amount of internal memos that have gone around the Argo office on this topic.

I would bet you are bang on here. Likely the reason that Gary Lawless removed his tweet a couple of weeks ago.

Personally, I'm not obsessed with it. It's not like I'm an a need to know list.

Neely2005
02-22-2016, 07:48 PM
I would bet you are bang on here. Likely the reason that Gary Lawless removed his tweet a couple of weeks ago.

We'll find out when single game tickets are available on ticketmaster.ca and we can see the online seat selector.

argotom
02-22-2016, 08:49 PM

To the contrary, I want to know and it would be nice to make it public.
This would be the much needed positive publicity.
The in your face type to shove down the throat to the many in the media and the wannabe population in city who has written off this team and league as nothing but obsolete and irrelevant.

Neely2005
02-22-2016, 09:20 PM
The in your face type to shove down the throat to the many in the media and the wannabe population in city who has written off this team and league as nothing but obsolete and irrelevant.

If the numbers are good the usual suspects in the media will ignore it. If they're bad then they'll run with it.

"Issues"Mcgee
02-22-2016, 09:59 PM
If the numbers are good the usual suspects in the media will ignore it. If they're bad then they'll run with it.

I think there are exceptions this time around. CTV has been following the Argos a lot more than in years past. Not saying it's adequate coverage but it's getting better. Lance Brown has mentioned Argos almost daily since the new regime took over.

Hopefully more Bell stations follow suit.

argos1873
02-22-2016, 10:16 PM

If the numbers were actually that good, you release them. The media can only ignore something for so long. Therefore I believe the numbers are just "better than last year". I wouldn't doubt that the rep argotom talked to, had some information that the numbers were "trending" towards 15,000, and therefore the rep gave that number. I'm sure many on the fencers, or especially very casual fans aren't convinced that things will be different enough to commit for season tickets yet. This upcoming season, and especially the first few games will dictate how this plays out. I'm thinking positive that things will play out nicely, and am looking forward to a decent marketing push to help things go in the right direction. And as pessimistic as some, including me, are towards the media, if the numbers are very high and the Argos fill that joint game after game this season, they will not ignore it. They may play the angle that they are waiting for it to end or go away, but they won't ignore it.

KCargosfan
02-23-2016, 01:13 AM

Common sense told me 15K isn't correct, as AV said, there is no way they could have come anywhere close to that number just reaching out to previous ST holders. The Argos aren't going from whatever their season ticket amount was last year, say 3,500, to 15,000 by early February of the next year.

If your rep told you that Queen Elizabeth was buying the Argos and putting Prince Harry in charge as GM over Barker, I would hope you wouldn't believe that.

KCargosfan that is funny and that was a great movie.

haha, agreed, great flick. Your post immediately made me think of that scene.

argolio
02-23-2016, 01:19 AM
The in your face type to shove down the throat to the many in the media and the wannabe population in city who has written off this team and league as nothing but obsolete and irrelevant.It would be nice to know, but you have no right to know.

AngeloV
02-23-2016, 09:13 AM

And what if true current sales are at the 7,300 mark as someone else said? Would that be the positive publicity you are looking for? I think you need to get over your obsession with what others think. They are set in their ways, and will never change. To hell with them. If you are an Argos fan, as all of us here are, does their attitude change any of that?

Argo57
02-23-2016, 07:54 PM
And what if true current sales are at the 7,300 mark as someone else said? Would that be the positive publicity you are looking for? I think you need to get over your obsession with what others think. They are set in their ways, and will never change. To hell with them. If you are an Argos fan, as all of us here are, does their attitude change any of that?

True Angelo, the only thing we have control of is purchasing tickets (if you so wish).
I think the new regime is acutely aware of the Toronto media bias and are staying quiet until they have something positive to announce.

LLB997
02-23-2016, 09:25 PM
no point dropping a press release with these speculative numbers. Be patient, Deposits are just that, I am sure when they have firm commitments to the point they are far ahead of where they were hoping to be which sounds like the case here , then they will release the numbers and make it a positive story. Very hard for biased media to call out bs on the number of seasons sold when theyre PAID IN FULL.

ArgoRavi
02-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Each team does a State of the Franchise address just before the start of training camp and most teams update their season ticket numbers at that time. I would expect the Argos to provide an update at that time. We just have to be patient.

ArgoRedneck
02-24-2016, 10:13 AM
I can confirm that the Argos have sold 2 season seats, Me. That's all I know for sure.

1argoholic
02-24-2016, 10:54 AM
Toronto likes to glam onto what's in and trendy so why not post season ticket numbers if they are solid so far.

paulwoods13
02-24-2016, 11:29 AM
There are many reasons not to post numbers now. The big one is that whatever number has been sold, it is almost certainly lower than the 15k that has already become urban legend. So they would appear to be "falling short." Also, some prospective buyers might feel all the good seats are gone, which is certainly not true, and change their minds. Honestly, from a marketing standpoint it makes zero sense to say anything other than "demand is exceeding expectations" at this point. Copeland et al are playing this correctly and we will all just need to chill until the sales effort is complete.

argotom
02-24-2016, 04:07 PM
There are many reasons not to post numbers now. The big one is that whatever number has been sold, it is almost certainly lower than the 15k that has already become urban legend. So they would appear to be "falling short." Also, some prospective buyers might feel all the good seats are gone, which is certainly not true, and change their minds. Honestly, from a marketing standpoint it makes zero sense to say anything other than "demand is exceeding expectations" at this point. Copeland et al are playing this correctly and we will all just need to chill until the sales effort is complete.

May be some.
However knowing the numbers or generally a rounded off figure, with a supply and demand can also create a flurry for new and perhaps bandwagon jumping or the flavour of the day fans?

paulwoods13
02-24-2016, 04:48 PM
May be some.
However knowing the numbers or generally a rounded off figure, with a supply and demand can also create a flurry for new and perhaps bandwagon jumping or the flavour of the day fans?

If there were only 1,000-2000 tickets left, maybe. But let's say they have sold 10,000 so far (probably higher than the actual total at this point, but let's say). That means there are probably 12,000 or so seats still available before they cut off sales. So I don't believe any announcement now would trigger a stampede to the box office.

Neely2005
02-26-2016, 12:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SEASON TICKET PRIORITY:<br><br>Feb 4-11: Renewals<br>Feb 19: Deposit deadline<br>Feb 12-18: New Deposit Holders<br>Feb 22-26: Pre-sale<br>Mar 1: Public Sale</p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/694277928725671936">February 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

A friend of mine who works at Rogers said that they sent out a company wide Email today offering a presale on Argonauts Season Tickets until March 1st.

I wonder if Bell did the same thing?

argotom
02-26-2016, 12:46 PM
Toronto likes to glam onto what's in and trendy so why not post season ticket numbers if they are solid so far.

My point.
Since we know the numbers are beyond expectation so far, let's get it out to the bandwagon public and get as much exposure and publicity as possible.

rdavies
02-26-2016, 01:33 PM
A friend of mine who works at Rogers said that they sent out a company wide Email today offering a presale on Argonauts Season Tickets until March 1st."Has the world gone topsy-turvy?"

Seymour Skinner

AngeloV
02-26-2016, 02:19 PM
A friend of mine who works at Rogers said that they sent out a company wide Email today offering a presale on Argonauts Season Tickets until March 1st.

I wonder if Bell did the same thing?

Your love of Rogers never ceases to amaze me. LOL!!

My point.
Since we know the numbers are beyond expectation so far, let's get it out to the bandwagon public and get as much exposure and publicity as possible.

Beyond expectations perhaps, but obviously the team doesn't think it's anything to arrogantly pump their chest on yet. If they announced 7,300 ST sold to this point, those that are anti-CFL would say "so what, they have less than 10,000 fans." Like I said, to hell with them, I don't give a rat's a$$ what they think.

R.J
02-26-2016, 02:44 PM
My point.
What if the number isn't that high ?
Is it wise to crow about 7-10,000 season ticket holders ?

Neely2005
02-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Your love of Rogers never ceases to amaze me. LOL!!

Beyond expectations perhaps, but obviously the team doesn't think it's anything to arrogantly pump their chest on yet. If they announced 7,300 ST sold to this point, those that are anti-CFL would say "so what, they have less than 10,000 fans." Like I said, to hell with them, I don't give a rat's a$$ what they think.

Passing along information = love?

argotom
02-26-2016, 03:41 PM

We know from all indications so far and especially those that have signed up, whether you believe how my rep told me the 15k number or not, that business has been brisk.
So as the team goes public next week and while the irons are hot, I would take out an ad in the dailies and do a presser as well extolling the benefits on getting aboard the good ship for a whale of an experience.

R.J
02-26-2016, 03:49 PM
We know from all indications so far and especially those that have signed up, whether you believe how my rep told me the 15k number or not, that business has been brisk.
So as the team goes public next week and while the irons are hot, I would take out an ad in the dailies and do a presser as well extolling the benefits on getting aboard the good ship for a whale of an experience.
Once again...................... We don't know; it's hearsay at best right now.

AngeloV
02-26-2016, 03:49 PM

Nothing wrong with that.

I'm only saying that trumpeting the current number of ST sales is not the way to go. And honestly, if that number was around the 15k amount that your rep told you, I'm sure the Argos would make sure that got out into the media.

argotom
02-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Once again...................... We don't know; it's hearsay at best right now.

It's not hearsay.
When I dealt with my rep, never mind what he told me as some here have categorically ruled out, the phones in the background were busy there was chatter ongoing.
My section was nearly sold out.
I recall some posters have basically said the same thing when they were doing their ST with sections filling up.

AngeloV
02-26-2016, 04:39 PM
It's not hearsay.
When I dealt with my rep, never mind what he told me as some here have categorically ruled out, the phones in the background were busy there was chatter ongoing.
I recall some posters have basically said the same thing when they were doing their ST with sections filling up.

My rep called me 2 hours before my scheduled window. I guess I got the slow day (day 3 of sales BTW).

paulwoods13
02-26-2016, 05:08 PM
It's not hearsay.

I have no doubt some sections behind the Argo bench are (or are nearly) sold out. I have no doubt sales have been brisk and mgmt is excited. But people talking on the phone in the background, and the word of one sales rep to a subscriber, are not evidence of 15,000 tickets sold.

For reasons laid out here several times, there is no value in issuing any numbers until they are virtually done selling. You can keep repeating your desire for numbers to be released but it is not going to happen for weeks, if not months.

argotom
02-26-2016, 06:28 PM
I have no doubt some sections behind the Argo bench are (or are nearly) sold out. I have no doubt sales have been brisk and mgmt is excited. But people talking on the phone in the background, and the word of one sales rep to a subscriber, are not evidence of 15,000 tickets sold.

For reasons laid out here several times, there is no value in issuing any numbers until they are virtually done selling. You can keep repeating your desire for numbers to be released but it is not going to happen for weeks, if not months.

Again we disagree.
This league has been famous for keeping things behind close doors, to include up until recently the FA market, drug testing etc..
It's time to come out of the darkness in this extremely competitive market place we are in.
Especially when the news involving tickets and the new stadium is unlike what we have seen for decades.
Run some advertising, have pressers create a buzz before the general sale to the public.
This can be done without releasing ticket numbers like some are afraid to.

Argo57
02-26-2016, 06:39 PM
My rep called me 2 hours before my scheduled window. I guess I got the slow day (day 3 of sales BTW).

I called an hour early and got right through to my rep who processed my tickets.

Argo57
02-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Again we disagree.
This league has been famous for keeping things behind close doors, to include up until recently the FA market, drug testing etc..
It's time to come out of the darkness in this extremely competitive market place we are in.
Especially when the news involving tickets and the new stadium is unlike what we have seen for decades.
Run some advertising, have pressers create a buzz before the general sale to the public.

I like your strategy argotom, keep posting the 15k number and in April or May when they actually hit that number you can tell us we are a bunch of morons and you were right.

argotom
02-26-2016, 07:30 PM
I like your strategy argotom, keep posting the 15k number and in April or May when they actually hit that number you can tell us we are a bunch of morons and you were right.

It does not matter who is right or wrong, unlike some here I do not get in the gutter with name calling.

paulwoods13
02-26-2016, 08:51 PM
Again we disagree.

I'm not sure what it is you are disagreeing with. I said: "(T)here is no value in issuing any numbers until they are virtually done selling. You can keep repeating your desire for numbers to be released but it is not going to happen for weeks, if not months."

You said: "This can be done without releasing ticket numbers like some are afraid to."

So you agree the numbers should not be released? Or you agree the numbers will not be released? Or you disagree?

argotom
02-26-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure what it is you are disagreeing with. I said: "(T)here is no value in issuing any numbers until they are virtually done selling. You can keep repeating your desire for numbers to be released but it is not going to happen for weeks, if not months."

You said: "This can be done without releasing ticket numbers like some are afraid to."

So you agree the numbers should not be released? Or you agree the numbers will not be released? Or you disagree?

Advertise, promote get out there, don't you get it?
In advance of the general public sales.
Yes I want the numbers released as they are good, however that's fine I'll go without as long as we get out.
I am sure the new owners who have the means have a healthy ad budget.
Let's start using it to get the new fans before the Blue Jays start then we are dealing with a shrinking dollar mentality.

KCargosfan
02-27-2016, 03:42 AM
Advertise, promote get out there, don't you get it?
In advance of the general public sales.
Yes I want the numbers released as they are good, however that's fine I'll go without as long as we get out.
I am sure the new owners who have the means have a healthy ad budget.
Let's start using it to get the new fans before the Blue Jays start then we are dealing with a shrinking dollar mentality.

Promotion is fine, but it's still a little early (what are we, 11 weeks removed from the Grey Cup?). Money spent in February is probably not as well spent as money spent in April.

I think some promotion on March 1 is fine, but don't go crazy for days on end. Hit it hard closer to the season.

Scooter McCray
02-27-2016, 08:19 AM
There were 3000 ST holders last year. I did not add any and my brother in law did not add any. But let's be generous and say that existing ST holders doubled their purchase. That is only 6000 sales. The 15000 number would be deposits. These have to be now converted into sales. Until that is done nothing should be made public. The haters (Rogers) will ridicule 15000 anyhow saying that's all you got. We need to be patient and build long term here with as few missteps for the haters to run with. When interest and demand is at a level where sports radio has no choice but to cover the Argos rather than treat them like some kind of afterthought. It shouldn't have to be that way but the Argos lot in life in this city is you have to work twice as hard and win. For us fans it just makes the winning much sweeter.

Neely2005
02-27-2016, 09:25 AM
There were 3000 ST holders last year. I did not add any and my brother in law did not add any. But let's be generous and say that existing ST holders doubled their purchase. That is only 6000 sales. The 15000 number would be deposits. These have to be now converted into sales. Until that is done nothing should be made public. The haters (Rogers) will ridicule 15000 anyhow saying that's all you got. We need to be patient and build long term here with as few missteps for the haters to run with. When interest and demand is at a level where sports radio has no choice but to cover the Argos rather than treat them like some kind of afterthought. It shouldn't have to be that way but the Argos lot in life in this city is you have to work twice as hard and win. For us fans it just makes the winning much sweeter.

Where are you getting your 3000 number from? I've heard anywhere from 3000 - 5000.

Also the deposits are Nonrefundable so I think that most deposits will be converted, although they can be combined / consolidated.

ArgoZ
02-27-2016, 10:13 AM
It's not hearsay.

This post has great examples of hearsay! Funny stuff.

Double Dare
02-27-2016, 07:42 PM
This post has great examples of hearsay! Funny stuff. True, this thread is a joke. Change Channel.

Rich
02-28-2016, 12:57 AM

No, but a 300% increase in ST sales sounds pretty good.

Pretty sure they will say some variation of that when they launch their public sale on Tuesday. I'm expecting some pretty exciting things from this announcement.

Reggiemac
02-28-2016, 05:00 PM
I would like to see some cross sport marketing. Sell argo upcoming game tickets at soccer games and give a small discount or a free food coupon and sell soccer tickets at argo games with same incentives. And make sure the signage at the games is specific to the game using digital displays. Fill the stadium for all events should be the goal. Its a beautiful facility lets make it rock!

Golden Fleece
02-29-2016, 05:20 PM
I would like to see some cross sport marketing. Sell argo upcoming game tickets at soccer games and give a small discount or a free food coupon and sell soccer tickets at argo games with same incentives. And make sure the signage at the games is specific to the game using digital displays. Fill the stadium for all events should be the goal. Its a beautiful facility lets make it rock!

Wouldn't want to have the job as Argo ticket seller at TFC games the first year. Be a real magnet for angry soccer fans.

Ron
02-29-2016, 07:06 PM
It does not matter who is right or wrong, unlike some here I do not get in the gutter with name calling.

You couldn't even make it a full sentence before you called some here "gutter people"

Neely2005
03-01-2016, 07:49 AM
Well Argonauts Season Tickets go on sale to the public Today.

$199 to $1999 for 11 home games. (1 preseason, 9 regular season and 1 playoff game)

doubleblue
03-01-2016, 09:50 AM
In the old days the Argos would have a big Star signing to help kick start the ticket sales. I guess those days are gone.

argotom
03-01-2016, 09:51 AM
A full page ad in the Sun today on page 11 is impressive.
I cannot find it on line to post here.
Those who get the Star, anything there?

Will
03-01-2016, 09:59 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CFL">@CFL</a> Great ad in todays 24. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/isitJuneyet?src=hash">#isitJuneyet</a> <a href="https://t.co/Wz65zbqAI5">pic.twitter.com/Wz65zbqAI5</a></p>&mdash; Carol Boomhour (@CBoomhour) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBoomhour/status/704651990861684736">March 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

Rich
03-01-2016, 11:01 AM
I love it: The New Argos. Maybe that should become the official name of the team.

Neely2005
03-01-2016, 11:08 AM
But will full page ads in the Toronto Sun & 24 be enough to satisfy some of the Posters here?

Will
03-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Here is the ad from a much better angle:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lets make this the best <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@torontoargos</a> season yet <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AllHandsOnDeck?src=hash">#AllHandsOnDeck</a> <br>We are outside back home at the EX <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/argoslive?src=hash">#argoslive</a> <a href="https://t.co/VPJ9HdPU3C">pic.twitter.com/VPJ9HdPU3C</a></p>&mdash; Steve Richardson (@ArgosNut) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArgosNut/status/704698263576907776">March 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

Neely2005
03-01-2016, 11:48 AM
Saw this Post on the CFL Forum:

"Just checked site, there are 14,361 tickets remaining. So if BMO holds 27,600 for football as I last heard, then 13,239 season tickets have been sold so far before it has gone to the general public!!! WTG Argos!!!"

"Not sure how accurate the ticketmaster virtual venue is , but it does give a nice overview of each seat available/not available in each section , so hopefully its a strong indicator of whats happening as far a ssh sales are concerned .

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/argonauts/EN/buy/details/16FS11

"

Will
03-01-2016, 12:05 PM
I added up the "Tickets Available" totals for each of the sections and:

East Side, Upper Deck: 5,386
East Side, Lower Deck: 4,421
Endzone: 1,240
West Side, Lower Deck: 1,332
West Side, Upper Deck: 3,228

This totals 15,607 unsold, which if we are assuming a capacity of 27,600 means 11,993 sold.

AngeloV
03-01-2016, 01:03 PM

This totals 15,607 unsold, which if we are assuming a capacity of 27,600 means 11,993 sold.

If that is accurate, then that is very positive. Still can't help but wonder if some are held back for single game and flex pack sales, which would reduce that number. I'm sure they will want to have some available for walk up, perhaps 2,000 or so?

argotom
03-01-2016, 01:05 PM
But will full page ads in the Toronto Sun & 24 be enough to satisfy some of the Posters here?

That's exactly what I said was necessary to notify the general public.
Good start with the nice flashy blue.

Neely2005
03-01-2016, 01:16 PM

So about 12,000 Season Tickets sold and we're only on Day 1 of the public on sale and Day 1 of any advertising. That's definitely a great start!

Mightygoose
03-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Solid start Indeed. Plus I'm certain that there are still deposits that are yet to be processed so perhaps the between 14-15 K deposits is not that far off. Looking forward to seeing the push and the numbers climb.

Neely2005
03-01-2016, 01:18 PM
If that is accurate, then that is very positive. Still can't help but wonder if some are held back for single game and flex pack sales, which would reduce that number. I'm sure they will want to have some available for walk up, perhaps 2,000 or so?

I'm sure that they will save some for single games, aside from the home opener which will require some kind of mini / flex pack purchase.

argotom
03-01-2016, 01:18 PM
So about 12,000 Season Tickets sold and we're only on Day 1 of the public on sale and Day 1 of any advertising. That's definitely a great start!

12,000, could be 15,000+ for all we know?
So my rep was not wrong with the figure he mentioned to me.

paulwoods13
03-01-2016, 01:22 PM

That's a rather large leap from your first sentence to your second.

Will
03-01-2016, 01:39 PM

How do you suddenly go from 12,000 to 15,000? That's quite a leap!

AngeloV
03-01-2016, 02:11 PM
How do you suddenly go from 12,000 to 15,000? That's quite a leap!

And as I said, even the 12k is not really a true number. They may only have 23k seats available for ST's (with the rest held back for single game sales and flex packs only). If this is he case, then the 7300 number we heard is correct. Who really knows at this point?

Mightygoose
03-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Agreed the true numbers will come out soon enough, thought I doubt the team would be holding any seats back for single game tickets this early, since those don't go on sale until June 1. They would want as much sacristy as possible. My guess would be between 11 and 12 K right now.

R.J
03-01-2016, 03:00 PM
https://amp.twimg.com/v/ae9b2518-c748-4ac6-a36d-92df92e55b4f

I think your math is off.

paulwoods13
03-01-2016, 03:46 PM

This survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 3,000, 19 times out of 20.

AngeloV
03-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Agreed the true numbers will come out soon enough, thought I doubt the team would be holding any seats back for single game tickets this early, since those don't go on sale until June 1. They would want as much sacristy as possible. My guess would be between 11 and 12 K right now.

I think they will likely cap any season ticket sales. That is what I meant by holding back for flex packs and single game sales. If they were to sell out with season tickets only, then they would only expose themselves to the same 25-27 k every game and no one else. Even the Leafs cap season ticket sales to below their capacity.

R.J
03-01-2016, 04:47 PM
I think they will likely cap any season ticket sales. That is what I meant by holding back for flex packs and single game sales. If they were to sell out with season tickets only, then they would only expose themselves to the same 25-27 k every game and no one else. Even the Leafs cap season ticket sales to below their capacity.
I believe the goal originally was 20k season ticket holders. Copeland and Moore also mentioned how they wanted to ensure singles would be available for as many potential fans as possible to experience the "New" Argonauts. The North end zones are still not available for sale; I wonder what the thinking is behind that ?
From my understanding without the North end zones included - seating capacity is 26,000 and with it included - seating is 27,600 as previously mentioned.

Golden Fleece
03-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Season ticket caps are essential. There has to be hope for the casual fan in any fan base to get a ticket once in a while. It would be a nice problem for the Argos if they ever hit their max.

argotom
03-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Season ticket caps are essential. There has to be hope for the casual fan in any fan base to get a ticket once in a while. It would be a nice problem for the Argos if they ever hit their max.

Wow, the last time the team had this type of a pleasant problem was at the Exorcism Stadium days.

argotom
03-01-2016, 05:25 PM
This survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 3,000, 19 times out of 20.

Why quibble over a few thou?

Qman
03-01-2016, 06:47 PM

forces existing SSH base to renue or be shut out of games

eiben35
03-01-2016, 07:51 PM
My quick math has 15,343 tickets still available. roughly 10,700 sold. I was told capacity will be 26,000. Also of note: three dollar beers.

AngeloV
03-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Why quibble over a few thou?

That's funny. This whole thread has reached 225+ posts because of your insistence of 15k being the actual number, and now you are back peddling.

argotom
03-01-2016, 08:50 PM
That's funny. This whole thread has reached 225+ posts because of your insistence of 15k being the actual number, and now you are back peddling.

Never back peddling, I stand by what my rep told me now likely 15K+ is where we are at.
I did not make up those numbers, unlike some here who are categorically ruling this out and based on what, because it does not sound right?
Take that to the bank, because it does not sound right??

Golden Fleece
03-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Wow, the last time the team had this type of a pleasant problem was at the Exorcism Stadium days.
It's early days, but I see signs of cautious optimism just looking in my own network. Last year, none of my buddies wanted to attend a game. This year, they all want a ticket. I offered another friend an extra pair of tickets free and she wouldn't take them. She ended up going to a game with three friends and is now interested in seeing a game at BMO. Another friend who holds Leafs and Jays tickets was thinking about adding the Argos after I mentioned buying season seats. The hard part now will be converting this nascent interest into ticket sales, but at least the team has something to work with.

LLB997
03-01-2016, 09:13 PM
If they can sell 1 ticket for every complaint on this thread, They may have to put in temp seating this season. another ticket sold!

Neely2005
03-01-2016, 10:30 PM
My quick math has 15,343 tickets still available. roughly 10,700 sold. I was told capacity will be 26,000. Also of note: three dollar beers.

$3 beers? They're more than that at TFC games.

AngeloV
03-01-2016, 11:23 PM
$3 beers? They're more than that at TFC games.

Might be the cost at a team organized tail gate.

argolio
03-02-2016, 12:55 AM
That's a rather large leap from your first sentence to your second.He wears giant stilts.

KCargosfan
03-02-2016, 01:50 AM

I'm not sure we have to worry about that. Let's shoot for 10K season ticket sales first and go from there.

Neely2005
03-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Might be the cost at a team organized tail gate.

That would be pretty cool. Hopefully they have some good beer choices. The last time I was at BMO Field the beer choices were lacking.

Neely2005
03-02-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure we have to worry about that. Let's shoot for 10K season ticket sales first and go from there.

I think that we're already Over 10,000. (My opinion based on the online availability per section)

GabrielHurl
03-02-2016, 10:35 AM
According to my calculations and based on a capacity of 27,600 - there's been approx 11,900 sold

http://i.imgur.com/NUfYvWP.png

http://i.imgur.com/N7U4NAQ.jpg

Will
03-02-2016, 10:51 AM
According to my calculations and based on a capacity of 27,600 - there's been approx 11,900 sold

That's what I got as well.

Mr. Pike
03-02-2016, 11:06 AM
We really do not have any way of knowing of how many seasons are sold , the virtual venue can be altered by the club any way they see fit to suit their needs . Not trying to be a Debbiedowner but I have seen it done by a lot of sports teams , all we can hope is that they sell lots , 10,000 full time season seats would be a huge win for the club this year , seeing what the numbers have been in the last few years.. Add in a say 2-3K of flex packs and some corporate numbers and it will be a dandy start toward rebuilding this storied franchise .
Rome was not built in a day and neither will the fan base be for the Argos. Baby steps will be just fine.

I am Ticat ssh , have been off and on throughout the years , mostly bad financial years, but now with the new stadium and Bob Young's investment , passion and determination , things have really turned around, it took many years but its been done . I suspect it will be no different with the Argos. Put a great product on the field,(not too good ) sell out a few games this year, get the corporate world involved in both advertising dollars/corporate boxes and tickets and then build from there .

Cheers

Neely2005
03-02-2016, 11:17 AM

Sounds right to me but I'm wondering if the Capacity of 27,600 includes the North Stands?

AngeloV
03-02-2016, 11:17 AM
That's what I got as well.

Of course that's assuming there are 27,600 (hypothetically) seats available for ST's. I personally don't believe that to be the case. Take off 3-4k from the 11,900 and I believe you are more in the correct ball park.

R.J
03-02-2016, 12:38 PM
The ticketmaster virtual venue is pretty accurate - I just upgraded my seats and within 5 minutes my old seats are showing as available and my new seats are now n.a

Neely2005
03-02-2016, 12:59 PM
The ticketmaster virtual venue is pretty accurate - I just upgraded my seats and within 5 minutes my old seats are showing as available and my new seats are now n.a

Yeah it's almost real time.

Treblecharger1
03-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Howdy, I figured I could offer some insight here. I use to do ticket inventory work for both TFC and in the the theater business. It is pretty much impossible to figure out ticket sale numbers from that venue map. With the increased demand this year for the product they will need to foreshadow for things such as Group Sales, Mini Pack sales and single game tickets.The ticketing staff has most likely blocked off an X amount of seats for this reason. I think anything north of the 12k season ticket sales mark would be a fantastic start for this new regime.

Neely2005
03-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Sounds like the Argonauts might not be selling Flex Packs this season.

RB957
03-02-2016, 03:42 PM

Thanks very much for pointing this out. I was able to go in and find some aisle seats (bum knees) in the same general area as the ones i had at the same price level and the Argos ticket rep was able to make the change for me right away. Really appreciate the heads up.

AngeloV
03-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Howdy, I figured I could offer some insight here. I use to do ticket inventory work for both TFC and in the the theater business. It is pretty much impossible to figure out ticket sale numbers from that venue map. With the increased demand this year for the product they will need to foreshadow for things such as Group Sales, Mini Pack sales and single game tickets.The ticketing staff has most likely blocked off an X amount of seats for this reason. I think anything north of the 12k season ticket sales mark would be a fantastic start for this new regime.

Pretty much goes with what I've been saying re: not making every seat available for ST's.

R.J
03-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Thanks very much for pointing this out. I was able to go in and find some aisle seats (bum knees) in the same general area as the ones i had at the same price level and the Argos ticket rep was able to make the change for me right away. Really appreciate the heads up.
No worries; just thought it was worth mentioning.
So, last I checked there are currently 15,687 seats available. Slowly, but surely it's looking good.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8