PDA

View Full Version : The Late, Great Kenny Stabler's "Argos" Sweatshirt ?!

Argo
02-06-2016, 10:52 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/04/sports/football/ken-stabler-nfl-cte-brain-disease.html?mabReward=A6&moduleDetail=recommendations-2&action=click&contentCollection=Pro%20Football&region=Footer&module=WhatsNext&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&src=recg&pgtype=article

ArgoGabe22
02-06-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't see it but research tells me his grandsnakes played for the Scottsdale Argos.

Argo
02-06-2016, 11:08 AM
It's in one shot; if your research is correct, no doubt your explanation is too.

1argoholic
02-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Hated those Raiders teams but he was fun to watch. In those days you could close line a qb.
It's one crazy sport with many hits being like two cars hitting head on. I'm no scientist but people talk about how tough Aussie Rules Football is with no equipment. It's a very different fluid type of hitting with guys running next to each other and banging and tackling. Football tends to be more head on with little give. When players sprint from a dead stop and the hitter is doing the same some hits can be devastating in the long run. Although players get up every major hit has it's consequence.

Argo
02-06-2016, 07:54 PM
I don't see it but research tells me his grandsnakes played for the Scottsdale Argos.

Ok, now I notice "grandsnakes". Brilliant!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8