PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else curious as to why BC pulled out of the Telus naming rights deal ?

R.J
03-15-2012, 04:00 PM
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Telus+jumped+through+hoops+Place+still+jerked+arou nd/6305491/story.html#ixzz1pCO65umN
The news came out a couple weeks ago, thought I posted it here somewhere, oh well. I'm really confused as to why Pavco pulled out of a pretty decent naming rights deal. The original report was 40 million over 20 years, this one says 35 million. Not crazy about the term, but 2 million a year ain't too bad, BC/Pavco IMO made a big mistake.

LLB997
03-15-2012, 06:07 PM
interesting, that Telus sign would have surely dwarfed the Rogers Arena sign next door.

T-Bone
03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Not crazy about the term, but 2 million a year ain't too bad, BC/Pavco IMO made a big mistake.
I agree with you.

Will
03-16-2012, 10:03 AM
While losing the incoming cash injection isn't optimal; I for one am somewhat happy that a stadium has retained it's "independence" and not be stuck with a corporate name.

ArgoRavi
03-16-2012, 11:31 AM
While losing the incoming cash injection isn't optimal; I for one am somewhat happy that a stadium has retained it's "independence" and not be stuck with a corporate name.

Yes, I totally agree with Will. This is refreshing!

1argoholic
03-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Our Liberal gov is now saying that it has a billion dollar deal elsewhere with Telus and they didn't want to screw that up. Comes down to politics in BC and nothing is ever straight forward. This province is a bloody gongshow.
We had the HST brought in and then voted to keep it or not. If not we had to play back billions to the feds which would set the province back. Well guess what BCer's voted to bring back the old pst/gst system because they didn't like the way the hst was forced on them. Now they are all pissed because it's taking to long to put the old system back in. BC is strange indeed. It's folks basically wish there was no government and lawless.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8