PDA

View Full Version : Euclid Cummings signs with Winnipeg

Will
02-09-2016, 07:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DL Euclid Cummings agrees to 1-year contract with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bombers?src=hash">#Bombers</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Winnipeg?src=hash">#Winnipeg</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFLFA?src=hash">#CFLFA</a></p>&mdash; Justin Dunk (@JDunk12) <a href="https://twitter.com/JDunk12/status/697219849626349568">February 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Disappointing as he had a very promising first year with the Argos. Barker will probably need to sign a DT to provide depth for Waud and Monroe.

R.J
02-09-2016, 07:50 PM
Disappointing as he had a very promising first year with the Argos. Barker will probably need to sign a DT to provide depth for Waud and Monroe.While I don't think Cummings was that great; I agree with the latter part of this post. Although, Barker could just bring in some unknowns instead of signing Fa's.

gilthethrill
02-09-2016, 08:00 PM
While I don't think Cummings was that great; I agree with the latter part of this post. Although, Barker could just bring in some unknowns instead of signing Fa's.

Nobody knew Cummings before he arrived in Toronto....I think Barker can find a good replacement at a FA camp.

doubleblue
02-09-2016, 08:24 PM
I don't know how Winnipeg could out bid the Argos for Cummings under the SMS. From what I have read Winnipeg have more high ticket players than the Argos. Westerman, Wild, Shologan, Harris, Bryant, the new WR's Dressler, Smith, two starting QB's, and a $175,000 kicker. Argo big tickets to me would be Holmes, Van Zeyl, Bourke, Greenwood, Gabriel. Ray was suppose to have signed for a base $250,00 plus bonuses for performance. Foley and Durie took home town discounts supposedly. Maybe all those rookies were paid a lot more than the minimum last year.
Now if Barker can pull the trigger on Laurent or Laing maybe it all makes sense. I thought Cummings played really well last year and was rumoured to be going to the NFL, so he wouldn't have come in cheap.

OV Argo
02-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Laing goes too and that means 2 new DTs are needed; good thing Waud was given a shot last year; and Munroe was added and he flashed some talent with the Riders.

Like to see them draft another DT from a good crop this year; then re-sign Laing or get Bulcke and go all NI at DT.

I don't know how Winnipeg could out bid the Argos for Cummings under the SMS. From what I have read Winnipeg have more high ticket players than the Argos. Westerman, Wild, Shologan, Harris, Bryant, the new WR's Dressler, Smith, two starting QB's, and a $175,000 kicker. Argo big tickets to me would be Holmes, Van Zeyl, Bourke, Greenwood, Gabriel. Ray was suppose to have signed for a base $250,00 plus bonuses for performance. Foley and Durie took home town discounts supposedly. Maybe all those rookies were paid a lot more than the minimum last year.
Now if Barker can pull the trigger on Laurent or Laing maybe it all makes sense. I thought Cummings played really well last year and was rumoured to be going to the NFL, so he wouldn't have come in cheap.

You're forgetting about Owens big ticket $ ? And Whitaker would make plenty too. And I would also bet that it is very rare for an ex-NFL roster (see Greg Jones or the big 3 of last year) player to come up to the CFL and sign for CFL minimum and often they would be given starter type money right away by a CFL GM who loves those types

And Laurent just re-signed with the Ticats.

Cummings was good but not as good as Laing; and Cummings is very light for an NFL DT.

doubleblue
02-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Laing goes too and that means 2 new DTs are needed; good thing Waud was given a shot last year; and Munroe was added and he flashed some talent with the Riders.

Like to see them draft another DT from a good crop this year; then re-sign Laing or get Bulcke and go all NI at DT.

You're forgetting about Owens big ticket $ ? And Whitaker would make plenty too. And I would also bet that it is very rare for an ex-NFL roster (see Greg Jones or the big 3 of last year) player to come up to the CFL and sign for CFL minimum and often they would be given starter type money right away by a CFL GM who loves those types

And Laurent just re-signed with the Ticats.

Cummings was good but not as good as Laing; and Cummings is very light for an NFL DT.

You are probably right about some of the ex NFL guys getting more than the minimum, maybe 75,000 instead of 52,000. For Guys like Jones, Jefferson, Gurley and Owusu.
But Owens is off the books now and probably Waters. Import RB's aren't highly paid. I think Barker has more left in his wallet for somebody. Could be Laing and maybe McEwen.
I agree Cummings and Laing as well are too light to be a NFL DT. They would be looked as DE's I believe.

Wobbler
02-09-2016, 09:39 PM
We still have Tracey Robertson... I think?

He played well last year (briefly) before getting hurt, and then went on a strange adventure from the six game IR (extended twice) to the one game IR (x4) and then to the suspended list. He's still listed on the roster, at least, and I'm hopeful that he'll be in camp.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8