PDA

View Full Version : best to logo?

Argoscflguy
03-18-2012, 06:48 PM
just wandering what you guys think is the best logo in toronto sports?

argotom
03-18-2012, 07:38 PM
No doubt, the Argos.

DanTheFan
03-18-2012, 07:41 PM
The Blue Jays.

OV Argo
03-18-2012, 08:20 PM
The Argos old boat logo (the one with detail and "pull together") is the best logo ... not in TO, but in ALL of sports (IMO).

The original Blue Jays logo was nice (but not in the same league as the Argos) and their current one is lame; the Raptors logo is typical "modern day" sports stuff = cartoonish junk. The Maple Leafs have tradition and have been able to alter their basic logo over the years - iconic.

ArgoGabe22
03-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Retro Argos then Blue Jays retro

Will
03-18-2012, 10:54 PM
1. Toronto Blue Jays
2. Toronto Maple Leafs
3. Toronto Argonauts
4. Toronto FC
5. Toronto Raptors

Personally, I believe that the Maple Leafs ought to update their logo. It's been in use since 1970 and I don't think I need to remind anybody how the team has done since that time. The Argo logo isn't bad, but needs an update, which we are (in theory) receiving with the new jerseys being implemented for this upcoming season.

marcwagz
03-18-2012, 11:22 PM
The Argos old boat logo (the one with detail and "pull together") is the best logo ... not in TO, but in ALL of sports (IMO).

The original Blue Jays logo was nice (but not in the same league as the Argos) and their current one is lame; the Raptors logo is typical "modern day" sports stuff = cartoonish junk. The Maple Leafs have tradition and have been able to alter their basic logo over the years - iconic.
have you seen a raptors gamein the lst 8 years?
they don't even have a logo anymore

1argoholic
03-18-2012, 11:32 PM
The boat posted above followed by the football boat. I still like the Leafs. I thought that the Jays went back to the good old fashion Jay logo this year which they should have stayed with in the first place.
I don't mind the Argo one now although I'm sure some fools think it's an adidas logo. Yesterday the girl at one of our local stores thought that my wife's Ford Mustang jacket was great. Only problem was that it is a very cool Stamps jacket. I'm sure morons wonder why we have not only Argo logos on my truck and our Vibe but why we have a Mustang logo.

LLB997
03-18-2012, 11:45 PM
1.Argos Logo
2. Leafs Logo
3. Marlies Logo
4.Jays Logo
5.Rock Logo
6.Tfc Logo
7.Raptors Logo

Argonauter
03-19-2012, 12:09 AM
The logo I have as my avatar. Its the logo the Argos should go back to.

ArgoRavi
03-19-2012, 12:10 AM
have you seen a raptors gamein the lst 8 years?
they don't even have a logo anymore

Like most of the country, he probably hasn't. ;)

I agree with those who have said that the Argos' boat logo from the 1970s and 1980s is the best ever.

AngeloV
03-19-2012, 03:01 AM
1) Argos
s) Leafs

Are there any other teams in Toronto? LOL!!!

gilthethrill
03-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Cleveland Browns by far.....(admittedly, not at T.O. logo)...seriously, the 80's Argos Boat logo hands down...

Nob
03-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Easy answer - the boat logo of the 80's (the one in Argonauter's avatar). Best logo of any sport, of any time.

matthew
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
I second this emotion!

LLB997
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Me thinks the Argos will see a vast increase in Jersey sails (<-get it) if they go back to a particular logo. Hope they are reading this forum.

Ron
03-21-2012, 06:57 PM
a 2014 sleek version of the boat logo would be better. Not just the old retread.

OV Argo
03-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Easy answer - the boat logo of the 80's (the one in Argonauter's avatar). Best logo of any sport, of any time.

Actually, no, IMO - that is the cartoonish version of the original boat logo (see the beauty depiction in Snow's post on page one of this thread).

A new updated version that captures the gist of the original would be interesting; and not sure all of the detail of the best one can be transferred to a jersey, so hence the need for the simpler boat logo ?

Nob
03-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Cartoonish.....??? Perhaps, but I think that it looks better. I think that the other, original boat logo looks too 1920'ish. I also like the color scheme slightly better.

Regardless, that is merely my opinion. I think that most of us agree that a version of the boat logo would be better than anything else that they could do.

Ditto with their jerseys. Don't like them. I find that they have no appeal. They look like every other crappy NFL- style jersey. Nothing unique. Nothing like the jerseys of the 70's and 80's.

Maybe I'm old......??? Am I getting grumpy in my old age??

marcwagz
03-21-2012, 11:00 PM
if the boat is the logo they bring back I won't buy a jersey this year
I really don't like it, it looks almost laxadasical, like it was designed in parody.
i like the jason logo though

ArgoRavi
03-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Cartoonish.....??? Perhaps, but I think that it looks better. I think that the other, original boat logo looks too 1920'ish. I also like the color scheme slightly better.

Regardless, that is merely my opinion. I think that most of us agree that a version of the boat logo would be better than anything else that they could do.

Ditto with their jerseys. Don't like them. I find that they have no appeal. They look like every other crappy NFL- style jersey. Nothing unique. Nothing like the jerseys of the 70's and 80's.

Maybe I'm old......??? Am I getting grumpy in my old age??

I happen to agree with everything that you have said but maybe I too am getting grumpy as I age. The 1970s and 1980s were the golden age of CFL uniforms IMO.

Ron
03-22-2012, 06:36 PM
I happen to agree with everything that you have said but maybe I too am getting grumpy as I age. The 1970s and 1980s were the golden age of CFL uniforms IMO.

Nah, you were this grumpy 15 years ago.

ArgoRavi
03-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Nah, you were this grumpy 15 years ago.

LOL, you are right, Ron!

paulwoods13
03-24-2012, 03:37 PM
A regular poster on the Ticats fan forum posted the following:

Went to the sale, and the employees at the store said that the jerseys will be unveiled on May 1st. There were no pictures, but one of the girls who works at the store told me and some friends that if you like the look of the 1970s retro jerseys you will like the new ones.

I personally hated the so-called '70s retros the Argos wore the past two seasons -- almost no light blue on the uni, no sleeve stripes, no piping around the numbers; looked like practice jerseys to me. Here's hoping if they come out with '70s-style unis for the entire league this season, they go with the 1977-80 Argo kits and not the earlier, plainer ones. As I've noted before, we are known as the Double Blue, and the uniforms should reflect that.

Will
03-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Just because the Tiger-Cats have decided to go with uniforms similar to what they wore in the 1970's doesn't mean that the Argos will choose to do the same.

paulwoods13
03-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Just because the Tiger-Cats have decided to go with uniforms similar to what they wore in the 1970's doesn't mean that the Argos will choose to do the same.

If it is a team choice. Far more likely, IMO (based on the last time this happened), that all eight teams are being redesigned together, and that the uni maker (Reebok) and the league are going to have the most influence on how the unis look. With this being the year of the 100th Grey Cup, I think there is an excellent chance the entire league will go to some sort of retro-influenced look. We'll find out May 1, I guess.

FYI, NFL unis (now designed by Nike) are being unveiled in about 10 days at an event in New York. Most of them are not expected to change much but there will be new fabrics and a few teams will have fairly significant redesigns.

Will
03-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Well if that is the direction the Argos choose to go in (retro) I certainly hope they're conscious of the fact that these are the permanent jerseys and not some one-time thing.

Incidentally, Paul, did you ever e-mail the Argos to inquire about the "70's retro" jersey? I don't know if we ever got a straight answer as to whether the team wore a jersey like that.

paulwoods13
03-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Incidentally, Paul, did you ever e-mail the Argos to inquire about the "70's retro" jersey? I don't know if we ever got a straight answer as to whether the team wore a jersey like that.

I never followed up on it, but I am sure the team never wore a jersey without sleeve stripes at any time in the 1970s, with the possible exception of preseason games in the early part of the decade.

Midnight Blue
03-25-2012, 04:34 PM
IMO the best T.O logo of all time.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2532/4147857421_53277b367e.jpg

I agree. Best logo.

Bring it back.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8