PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to the CFL

argonaut11xx
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Could it happen? if so when?

The guy seems to be suited for our league.

Plus wouldnt it be nice to see a guy with such solid values in the CFL, as a hero.
The last outspoken good Christian in the CFL was pinball, and look what he did.

He may even qualify as a non import being as he was born in the Philipines...hmmmm....

argonaut11xx
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
honestly..he will end up in miami or jacksonville to sell some tickets before he would consider coming to the CFL....that said...i think he would be a nice fit as a CFL QB

Will
03-20-2012, 11:50 PM
He could end up north of the border one day...but I don't think the NFL is through with him yet.

R.J
03-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Should point out that Hamilton "own" his rights as he's on their Neg. List.

argonaut11xx
03-21-2012, 08:00 AM
well..i was actually hoping...since Pat Bolen is an Edmonton native, and owns the Bronco's, that maybe he would "assign" Tebow to the Eskimo's for a few seasons.

Will
03-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Should point out that Hamilton "own" his rights as he's on their Neg. List.

They can keep him!

ArgoRavi
03-21-2012, 09:27 AM
I think that Tebow will flame out of the NFL within the next couple of years but I really don't know how effective he would be in the CFL. He seems like a Kevin Mason-type to me.

1argoholic
03-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't want that holy roller on my team.

zontar
03-21-2012, 12:18 PM
The kind of money it would take to get him up here would be a cap killer and a monumental risk considering he's never even seen a CFL sized field never mind played on one.

Will
03-21-2012, 01:40 PM
http://tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=390977

Tim Tebow is off to New York to play for the Jets.

argonaut11xx
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't want that holy roller on my team.

were you ok with pinball?..cause they are both pea's in a pod when it comes to what you said....??....

Will
03-21-2012, 02:40 PM
were you ok with pinball?..cause they are both pea's in a pod when it comes to what you said....??....

I don't care for the way that everybody gushed over him last season. He wasn't that good.

R.J
03-27-2012, 04:38 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=391521

Naylor seems to think Tebow could be in Canada within the next couple years.

Also I always thought that this was hilarious.............. Anyone else remember that Cory Boyd was "Tebowing" before Tim made it cool, yet you never hear the media talk about that. :shhhh:

ArgoGabe22
03-27-2012, 04:59 PM
^ I've been saying this the whole time, not sure if on here but CFL players especially before the game in the endzone and after at center field have been "Tebowing" at Skydome for years.

ArgoRavi
03-27-2012, 05:12 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=391521

Naylor seems to think Tebow could be in Canada within the next couple years.

Also I always thought that this was hilarious.............. Anyone else remember that Cory Boyd was "Tebowing" before Tim made it cool, yet you never hear the media talk about that. :shhhh:

In general, it seems like there has been more Canadian media coverage of Tim Tebow's recent move to New York than there was of Ricky Ray's to Toronto. I have seen coverage of Tebow on both CBC's and CTV's news networks and I can't recall seeing anything about Ray on either of those outlets. TSN even sent a reporter to New York to cover Tebow's press conference yesterday. I am concerned that the CFL is losing coverage to the NFL in this country and the Tebow vs. Ray coverage is evidence of that. What is particularly sad is that Ray is 10 times the QB that Tebow is but I wonder if the majority of Canadians know that.

argonaut11xx
03-28-2012, 07:53 AM
I agree with the fact that the CFL, and especially the Argo's get snubbed in the media. (and im no fan of the anti-cfl TORONTO media)

That said, The Argo's sign Ricky Ray in what is nothing short of a BLOCKBUSTER deal...they bring him to the CN tower, have a nice lil press conference, and POOF...he's gone.

You'd have a better chance of finding Waldo, than Ricky since that announcement. , IMO the Argo's goofed up bigtime, Ray should have been doing promo. after promo ever since he signed. Yet he hasnt been in Toronto since, has he?

Will
03-28-2012, 07:58 AM
I agree with the fact that the CFL, and especially the Argo's get snubbed in the media. (and im no fan of the anti-cfl TORONTO media)

That said, The Argo's sign Ricky Ray in what is nothing short of a BLOCKBUSTER deal...they bring him to the CN tower, have a nice lil press conference, and POOF...he's gone.

You'd have a better chance of finding Waldo, than Ricky since that announcement. , IMO the Argo's goofed up bigtime, Ray should have been doing promo. after promo ever since he signed. Yet he hasnt been in Toronto since, has he?

He was here for the Conn Smythe dinner and did two appearances at the auto show where I met him, so he's been in Toronto since December.

ArgoGabe22
03-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Ray was also at the Auto show.

argonaut11xx
03-28-2012, 10:13 AM
The Conn Smythe Dinner is a great place to glad hand the upper crust...but really...2 events?...

they need to trot this guy around the city like the celebrity he is...2 events is hardly enough to create a buzz about the biggest signing in over 15 years...

Im disappointed that the Argo's brass hasn't utilized this guy more in off season promotion and marketing...

Will
03-28-2012, 06:59 PM
In his press conference, Tebow used the word excited 44 times.

paulwoods13
03-28-2012, 08:33 PM
The Conn Smythe Dinner is a great place to glad hand the upper crust...but really...2 events?...

they need to trot this guy around the city like the celebrity he is...2 events is hardly enough to create a buzz about the biggest signing in over 15 years...

Im disappointed that the Argo's brass hasn't utilized this guy more in off season promotion and marketing...

Players are paid to play -- all of their pay cheques are spread over the 19-week regular season -- and they are entitled to have some time to themselves in the off-season. Apparently RR's wife recently gave birth, as well. And doing tons of publicity stuff months before the season starts doesn't make a lot of sense from a marketing standpoint, IMO. Similarly, you don't see Blue Jays all around the town in November. So I'm not gonna criticize the use or lack of use of RR in promotion to this point of the off-season.

Will
03-30-2012, 10:02 AM
You'll see Blue Jays players in town on occasion during the winter to do a few events. They also do a bit of a tour across parts of Canada, this year they went to Eastern Canada. The Argos have the advantage that some of their players are local (Durie, Black, Pottinger, etc.) and they are able to help the team out with promotion. I certainly don't think that Ricky Ray should be in Toronto 365 days a year, but I would've liked to have seen him used in some of the radio spots that the Argos did. I haven't heard many of them, so maybe he did participate, who knows?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8