PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Doing With Your Preseason Tickets?

Golden Fleece
03-04-2016, 04:59 PM
In any other year, my instincts would be to give away the tickets to a potential new fan. Given this is the first year at BMO, I'm tempted to check out my seats and make sure that's where I want to be locked in for the year (assuming it's not too late to change them). What are the other season ticket holders here thinking?

Mightygoose
03-04-2016, 05:18 PM
I'm planning on going the game for the same reason. Especially being on a Saturday I won't need to take the day off and save some vacation days for the regular season.

Gill The Thrill
03-04-2016, 05:21 PM
I will be attending the game for the same reason. I've been waiting for the Argos to get out of the Rogers Centre (Skydome) for a long time and vowed that I would be a season ticket holder when they did and went back to playing outdoors.

That day has come and I've become a season ticket subscriber for the first time after having flex packs for some seasons or going to select individual games during many seasons, some seasons going to more games than others. Last season, I went to most of their games at the dome and attended one home game in Hamilton. I can't wait for this season to start and have not been this excited about an anticipated start of a CFL season for a long time. I think it's reflected in how often I check this site. In many years past, I would not check on this site until training camp, but I find myself checking this site whenever I get the chance for any new information on the stadium, or team transactions.

Neely2005
03-04-2016, 07:40 PM
We always use them. Plus it's a Saturday against Hamilton.

R.J
03-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Just like every year; I'll be attending. Why wouldn't you ? (unless of course scheduling conflicts).

Argo57
03-04-2016, 08:14 PM
I want to get the feel of the new stadium.
Besides you pay for the pre season tickets so why wouldn't you use them?

Will
03-04-2016, 09:29 PM
I'll be going to the game.

ArgoFan1
03-04-2016, 10:07 PM
I always go because I've waited so long to see the Argos at that point. A good chance to see the new guys too. That is always a fun thing to do, and see if you can pick out the guys who will make the team. The final score may not matter, but... it's the Argos.

PullTogether73
03-04-2016, 11:12 PM
I'm going to the game.
Are you an Argonauts fan or not?:D

Golden Fleece
03-05-2016, 07:55 AM
I want to get the feel of the new stadium.
Besides you pay for the pre season tickets so why wouldn't you use them?

Evangelization. For example, there's a guy from work who comes from a country where soccer is called football. Knew nothing about our game until joining our flag football team. Now, he's watched a couple games on TV and he's starting to get into it. I'm thinking if I pass along my preseason tickets to him, who knows, maybe he takes his family to a regular season game later in the year. Haven't decided yet, June's a long way away.

Argo57
03-05-2016, 08:26 AM
Evangelization. For example, there's a guy from work who comes from a country where soccer is called football. Knew nothing about our game until joining our flag football team. Now, he's watched a couple games on TV and he's starting to get into it. I'm thinking if I pass along my preseason tickets to him, who knows, maybe he takes his family to a regular season game later in the year. Haven't decided yet, June's a long way away.

I get it, I give some of my tickets to my nephew so that he can take his friends to the games and expose the early 20 somethings to the CFL (BTW they loved the game but not the venue).
I also wear Argonaut gear on weekends and when I run to try in some small way to keep the brand visible.
However I also feel that putting my hard earned money into season tickets is my main contribution, the rest is up to the team to rebuild their own brand.

Scooter McCray
03-05-2016, 09:09 AM
I will be going. Some years I would trade them in and get extra seats to a regular season game and bring friends or family to see a real game. I've gone the last 2 years at Varsity.

AngeloV
03-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Definitely will be there. I missed the 2014 Exhibition game because I had a cast on my leg, otherwise I've been to every one for many years.

paulwoods13
03-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Wouldn't dream of missing it this year. Our first "real" preseason game in years -- i.e. not at Varsity and not at noon on a Tuesday. Chance to soak in the new atmosphere and scout players -- who wouldn't want to be there for that?

ArgoZ
03-05-2016, 05:32 PM

Nice. Pre-season is usually boring football, so probably not the best game to showcase the product, nor are you missing much. However, first game at BMO field, it sounds like it could be a fun day regardless of who's on the field. I will try to be there.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8