PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice TSN has removed their comments section ?

R.J
03-18-2016, 03:35 PM
Seemed to have happened a month or so ago and a lot of companies are doing the same nowadays. In a way I'm kind of glad TSN has done it, as I found their moderators very biased on certain things - ie allowing CFL bashers to post, but not NFL bashers.

AngeloV
03-18-2016, 04:27 PM
I noticed that the Sun had done that, but not TSN, although, admittedly, I hadn't paid much attention lately. I have no problem with it. The majority of comments were pretty stupid anyways.

R.J
03-18-2016, 04:47 PM
I noticed that the Sun had done that, but not TSN, although, admittedly, I hadn't paid much attention lately. I have no problem with it. The majority of comments were pretty stupid anyways.
The Star as well I believe. I think view on comments is why these companies have been taking them out lol.

ArgoGabe22
03-18-2016, 06:06 PM
I just read the CBC is thinking of making users use their real names. As if that will solve anything.

PullTogether73
03-19-2016, 08:48 AM
I just read the CBC is thinking of making users use their real names. As if that will solve anything.

Why wouldn't it?
It would probably help reduce the stupid comments that people make by removing the anonymity of an online forum name.
Did you see how embarassed that dumbass Blue Jays fan was after the police showed up at his door after he posted a threat on a website?

ArgoGabe22
03-19-2016, 09:49 AM
Why wouldn't it?
It would probably help reduce the stupid comments that people make by removing the anonymity of an online forum name.
Did you see how embarassed that dumbass Blue Jays fan was after the police showed up at his door after he posted a threat on a website?

I'm sure there are ways around it. How can they prove your its your real identity? With your facebook account linked with your CBC account?

Also a dumb post doesn't have to warrant a criminal investigation either. Meaning, "John Smith" can still make idiotic comments. Some people have no shame.

R.J
03-19-2016, 02:06 PM
I'm sure there are ways around it. How can they prove your its your real identity? With your facebook account linked with your CBC account?

Also a dumb post doesn't have to warrant a criminal investigation either. Meaning, "John Smith" can still make idiotic comments. Some people have no shame.
Some people even have fake facebook names and accounts, so there really isn't much these companies to do to get around this - hence why I'm okay with comments sections disappearing. You can't fix or stop stupid comments. For all the great things the internet has given us; people not using their own personal filters and hiding behind screens names is a massive drawback.

Wobbler
03-19-2016, 09:56 PM
That's an interesting thought, "SnowRogue". ;)

Ron
03-22-2016, 03:44 AM

That's gold Jerry ... gold!

Double Dare
03-22-2016, 07:47 AM
It's a good move. 90% of story/item comments are from cretin asshats.

1argoholic
03-22-2016, 09:43 AM
Nothing wrong with Cretins. Ramones Yah!!

Will
03-22-2016, 12:06 PM
I'm not surprised, I think in the case of the newspapers it was that they grew tired of left vs right. This last election was pretty contentious.

Double Dare
03-22-2016, 12:32 PM
I'm not surprised, I think in the case of the newspapers it was that they grew tired of left vs right. This last election was pretty contentious. Go on the CBC site. On political stories, the election fallout in the comments section is ongoing. A lot of misinformed mental midgets posting.

1argoholic
03-22-2016, 03:52 PM
HEY...HEY.. It's Smallish Type Of Folks.

R.J
03-22-2016, 07:32 PM
I know you're just poking fun at the obvious, but I'd have zero issue using my real name (do so for a lot of other sites) and stand behind what I say around here.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8