PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Vacation Planning Thread

Mulder
11-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Time for my yearly thread on next years season schedule. The Jays schedule came out so here what we got!

This is once again assuming the CFL season opens on Canada day. (which is a Sunday this year. So we'll probably open the weekend off. (Friday/Saturday/Sunday games) Maybe even Monday, Anyways

Pre Season game. It's a lock for the weekend off June 22-24. That's Friday to Sunday. Thursday and even Wednesday are also possible.

Regular Season

We will open the season on the road, again. Maybe a trend starting in Calgary again.

Our first home game will be week 2
July
6th - 7th and 8th available. Home opener weekend for us. Week 2 (Friday - Sun)
19th-22nd Home game possible and probable Week 4. (Thurs-Sun)

Aug.
2nd - 5th Week 6. Dates are open
We follow this up with 2 weekends where the jays are in town. Our by week is week 8 we will play away week 7
Aug 23rd-26th home game possible again. week 9

Sept.
Week 10 Assuming because I have posted 4 home dates for the summer. This Labour Day game will be on. We Had 3 home dates before Labour Day weekend this season
6th-9th Home game possible. (Thursday - Sun) Week 11
20th-23rd Home game Possible (Thursday - Sunday) Week 13

Oct.
All Weeks open. Jays Finish Oct 3rd 4 weekends

Nov
First weekend in Nov to a possible for hosting a game.

Summary:
We see Hamilton 4 times in the regular season. We could have a home opener vs them It's possible, Labour Day rematch is also possible.

4 Home dates before Labour day is pretty average. In line with the last few years, except for this season.

Hosting 6 games before the end September gives us 5 weeks to host 3 games for October/Nov. Not bad.
the jays schedule has provided the Argo's this season for no reason to go on a 2 game road trip. Unless the CFL wants to give us 4 home games in 5 weeks to end the season. I don't see that happening.

Anyways, I have provided. 11 weekends to host 9 games.

Enjoy!

Mulder
11-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Just copied over from FOA. This is must have :)

I'll add that somewhere in there NFL plays a pre-season game. In August. Most of those games are on Thursdays. There is also a regular season game. I will assume it'll be after the Grey Cup.

Mulder
11-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Pre Season game. It's a lock for the weekend off June 22-24. That's Friday to Sunday. Thursday and even Wednesday are also possible.

AN update on this.

Roger Waters plays June 23rd (Saturday). in the Rogers Centre. It pretty mch rules out a Friday or Sunday match up. We may be looking at a Thursdy or even Wednesday pre-season game.

cossack
11-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Other than Labour Day, I can see the Argos playing in Hamilton for the final game of the year. It will be the last ever regular season game at Ivor Wynne. Seems like a no brainer for the schedule makers.

Mulder
02-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Rumour is schedule comes out today

And that we open in Edmonton June 30th.

marcwagz
02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Rumour is schedule comes out today

And that we open in Edmonton June 30th.

makes sense, Edmontonians will want the chance to cheer or jeer Ricky Ray away (and Jason barnes)

I really like the idea of starting against Edmonton, actually.

T-Bone
02-17-2012, 11:55 AM
The schedule is up! (http://www.argonauts.ca/schedule/year/2012/7)

Will
02-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Monday, August 27, 2012 against the Eskies? That isn't a long weekend.

The month of September will be a difficult one folks with the Argos on the road 4/5 games. We get a break in October-November with 4/5 games at home though.

Great that Labour Day is Labour Day again.

Mulder
02-17-2012, 12:07 PM
WOW

This schedule is gross.

Home Breakdown as follows.
Preseason

Tuesday June 19th vs Montreal

Regular Season

Sat. July 7th Vs Calgary
Wed July 18th vs Winnipeg
Mon. Aug 6th vs BC
Mon. Aug 27th Vs Edmonton
Sat. Sept 8th Vs Hamilton
Monday Oct 8th vs Sask
Sunday Oct 14th vs Montreal
Friday Oct 19th vs Winnipeg
Thursday Nov 1st vs Hamilton

shayman
02-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Something for everybody. I wonder if any team in the history of the CFL has had to play a home game on each different day of the week.

Three Mondays
One Tuesday
One Wednesday
One Thursday
One Friday
Two Saturdays
One Sunday

paulwoods13
02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Summer schedule is not bad, although the Monday nighter is weird and there is a home game on Civic Holiday. The fall schedule is wonky -- four road games out of five in September, then four out of last five at home. If we can get through September with a record of at least 6-7, we should be in contention. We can't go 1-4 in that September stretch and expect to contend for top spot in the East.

Will
02-17-2012, 12:15 PM
The bye week looks really screwed up!

1argoholic
02-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Better than last year but what the hell with all the Monday starts. Not sure schedules like this help the fan base in TO. Die hards just find a way but fringe fans won't keep up with the games every day of the week.

Will
02-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Better than last year but what the hell with all the Monday starts. Not sure schedules like this help the fan base in TO. Die hards just find a way but fringe fans won't keep up with the games every day of the week.

Two of them are holidays (Simcoe Day & Thanksgiving) and the Monday, August 27, 2012 date is I agree very unusual. I know the Argos from time-to-time used to have the odd Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday game, but I really thought that the league was trying to move to a Thursday-Sunday schedule.

T-Bone
02-17-2012, 12:43 PM
the Monday, August 27, 2012 date is I agree very unusual.My guess they wanted to avoid having more people in the area that weekend because Fan Expo (http://www.fanexpocanada.com/) is already going to be very busy, hence the Monday.

Will
02-17-2012, 12:49 PM
My guess they wanted to avoid having more people in the area that weekend because Fan Expo (http://www.fanexpocanada.com/) is already going to be very busy, hence the Monday.

Why do they want to avoid having more people in the area? The Blue Jays are on a road trip in Detroit-Baltimore-New York around that time unless there are some events at Rogers Centre going on as well.

Mulder
02-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Just to see how close I was.

Time for my yearly thread on next years season schedule. The Jays schedule came out so here what we got!

This is once again assuming the CFL season opens on Canada day. (which is a Sunday this year. So we'll probably open the weekend off. (Friday/Saturday/Sunday games) Maybe even Monday, Anyways

Damnit. Looks like we have 3 Mondays!

Close, Didn't pick the Tuesday but I should have!

Regular Season

We will open the season on the road, again. Maybe a trend starting in Calgary again.

Edmonton. Woot

Our first home game will be week 2
July
6th - 7th and 8th available. Home opener weekend for us. Week 2 (Friday - Sun)
19th-22nd Home game possible and probable Week 4. (Thurs-Sun)

Home opener the 7th. Something must be going on the weekend of the 19th-22nd. Why else would they have given us a Wednesday game?

Aug.
2nd - 5th Week 6. Dates are open
We follow this up with 2 weekends where the jays are in town. Our by week is week 8 we will play away week 7
Aug 23rd-26th home game possible again. week 9

Play on the 6th (Monday) Odd. But it works. Bye week the followng week Then back home again on Monday 27th.

Sept.
Week 10 Assuming because I have posted 4 home dates for the summer. This Labour Day game will be on. We Had 3 home dates before Labour Day weekend this season
6th-9th Home game possible. (Thursday - Sun) Week 11
20th-23rd Home game Possible (Thursday - Sunday) Week 13

This month throws me off. Home sept 8th (as predicted) But not home 20th-23rd?? Whats going on in the Rogers Centre then? ulgh

Oct.
All Weeks open. Jays Finish Oct 3rd 4 weekends

3 home games in this month, 3 in a row.

Nov
First weekend in Nov to a possible for hosting a game.

yup!

Mulder
07-27-2012, 11:40 AM
The bye week looks really screwed up!

With the Olympic games starting. This was probably done on purpose.

ArgoRavi
07-27-2012, 01:49 PM
With the Olympic games starting. This was probably done on purpose.

I never thought of that until you mentioned it, Mulder, but it makes sense. The byes are certainly coming early this season.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8