PDA

View Full Version : The Season Ticket Holder Experience

Golden Fleece
04-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Since this is my first time as a season ticket holder (I think—forget if I had a flex pack or season seats back in ’01), I’m curious about a few things so I’m coming to forum members for their perspective.

Approximately when do the tickets get sent out? Gives me a date before the preseason game to look forward to.
I noticed in another thread that they were sent in a coil book one year. Is the presentation fairly consistent like that or does it change annually?
At the last game of the 2015 season I heard an announcement for season ticket holders to pick up their thank you gift from the team. Is this something they do every year? It's not the reason I bought seats, just curious from a business perspective.
Finally, I heard on 1150 today that Hamilton is going with all electronic season tickets. (Their source was 3 Down Nation: http://3downnation.com/2016/04/01/15727/). Branding-wise, it seems like there is a little more status imparted when someone shows up with the season ticket with picture etc. compared to a generic printout from ticketmaster, so I’m curious how would you feel if the Argos went down this road?

ArgoGabe22
04-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Finally, I heard on 1150 today that Hamilton is going with all electronic season tickets. (Their source was 3 Down Nation: http://3downnation.com/2016/04/01/15727/). Branding-wise, it seems like there is a little more status imparted when someone shows up with the season ticket with picture etc. compared to a generic printout from ticketmaster, so I’m curious how would you feel if the Argos went down this road?

Fans have to pay $25 if they want the physical Ticat tickets instead of etickets. That is a bit outrageous.

Tobythor
04-02-2016, 05:13 PM
The trend in pro sports is to go with digital tickets, I know the Raptors are going digital next season. I guess teams want to save money on printing cost and fans will either be printing their tickets at home or using their smartphone to get in. With most Toronto teams owned,at least in part by media giants, it must be all to convenient for them to make fans have to use their products to access their tickets. I'm just waiting for the day when mobile service is down and fans won't be able to access their digital tickets on their phone at the entrance. That will be a real crap show lol.

Neely2005
04-02-2016, 08:22 PM
I can understand why MLB teams do this, they have 80+ home games. But they really can't print out a 10/11 home game package?

PullTogether73
04-02-2016, 10:46 PM
I'm just waiting for the day when mobile service is down and fans won't be able to access their digital tickets on their phone at the entrance. That will be a real crap show lol.

This is the first thing that occurred to me with the digital ticket issue.
This is why I never take my flight boarding pass electronically.

Of course, it would present a great opportunity for one telecom company to dump on the other.
"Fans who use our network get into the game!"

paulwoods13
04-03-2016, 11:21 AM
I certainly hope we get hard copy tickets this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "pass" on a lanyard rather than a book of tickets. The books they have issued for many years are very nice collectibles but those days are dwindling.

Golden Fleece
04-03-2016, 01:00 PM
I certainly hope we get hard copy tickets this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "pass" on a lanyard rather than a book of tickets. The books they have issued for many years are very nice collectibles but those days are dwindling. A lanyard pass makes sense. Similar to an idea that crossed my mind of a "membership" card. The ticket book still sounds appealing from a marketing/branding perspective. Much more distinctive than what a semi-committed flex pack buyer would receive, which might be worth the ROI if it strengthens the team/fan connection.

Qman
04-03-2016, 01:42 PM
I certainly hope we get hard copy tickets this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "pass" on a lanyard rather than a book of tickets. The books they have issued for many years are very nice collectibles but those days are dwindling.

most cfl teams have gone over to new barcode system -- card (usually with a lanyard) or you can print your tickets.

your card makes it easier to get discounts on gear, etc.
Also, this makes it easier to sell your tickets on secondary market (ie. stubhub) or donate tickets if needed.

TOBenfica
04-03-2016, 06:16 PM
I don't mind if is a card cause it shows that u are a season ticket holder. U still hacpve the option of going on ticketmaster and forwarding a paper ticket to a friend if u can't make a game.

R.J
04-05-2016, 02:40 PM
http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/6436402-ticats-fans-can-phone-in-their-tickets/

Hamilton Tiger-Cats season ticket holders won't need a ticket at all this season.

The team is moving to an electronic system for season seat holders which will allow fans to gain entry to Tim Hortons Field using their smartphone. They can also print their tickets at home.

According to an email sent out by the club on Friday, the new system will allow fans to easily forward tickets to friends and family as well as reduce the risk of lost, stolen or counterfeit tickets.

"Collector's edition" paper tickets are also available at a cost of $25 per seat.

Personally I'm hoping the Argonauts go with lanyard passes or at the very least keep the ticket stubs.

matchuk
04-05-2016, 04:46 PM
not a great idea to go with mobile ticketing for this reason....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3522214/Let-Let-Ticketing-mishap-T-stadium-kept-thousands-wrestling-fans-stuck-outside-WrestleMania.html

jerrym
04-08-2016, 01:57 AM
Chris Van Zyl thinks Argo Fans will find BMO Field a great experience.

"I think it's a place (where) the CFL can flourish," Van Zeyl said. "I don't believe the Rogers Centre was intended to be the permanent resting place of the Toronto Argonauts . . . I think the atmosphere kind of spoke to that.
For the CFL game where you'd expect to see anywhere between 15,000 to 30,000 people at any given time, being in a place that holds 50,000-plus, it's one of those places you never fill up and always feels like there's something to be desired there."

http://www.cp24.com/sports/toronto-argonauts-news/argos-van-zeyl-confident-fans-will-enjoy-experience-at-bmo-field-1.2850161

T-Bone
04-08-2016, 09:05 AM
not a great idea to go with mobile ticketing for this reason....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3522214/Let-Let-Ticketing-mishap-T-stadium-kept-thousands-wrestling-fans-stuck-outside-WrestleMania.html
That problem could happen today with printed tickets as well. It was the wifi that supports the scanners that read the barcodes on the tickets that went down.

I personally would like to see what the Blue Jays have done with their season ticket holder program spread to other teams. They have a RFID card that you can load your tickets to for entry and you can also load e-cash to it to collect points. Or you can also access a digital version of the card through the "Ballpark" app and use your phone exactly the same way as the physical card. The card also gets you 20% off merchandise. More info about the "MyBlueJays" program here (http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/tor/ticketing/mybluejays_overview.jsp).

Neely2005
04-08-2016, 02:49 PM
That problem could happen today with printed tickets as well. It was the wifi that supports the scanners that read the barcodes on the tickets that went down.

I personally would like to see what the Blue Jays have done with their season ticket holder program spread to other teams. They have a RFID card that you can load your tickets to for entry and you can also load e-cash to it to collect points. Or you can also access a digital version of the card through the "Ballpark" app and use your phone exactly the same way as the physical card. The card also gets you 20% off merchandise. More info about the "MyBlueJays" program here (http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/tor/ticketing/mybluejays_overview.jsp).

The proper card stock tickets that season ticket holders receive still have the perforation to tear off the stub so that would allow for the option to let those ticket holders in.

matchuk
04-08-2016, 03:27 PM

at least back in the day with actual hard copy tickets they could just rip the stub off if that happened, haha

T-Bone
04-08-2016, 04:05 PM
The proper card stock tickets that season ticket holders receive still have the perforation to tear off the stub so that would allow for the option to let those ticket holders in.
I guess that is the only benefit to hard copy tickets. Considering TFC is mailing out season tickets soon and they haven't said anything about digital tickets I doubt the Argos will be going digital tickets this season.

I still prefer the digital option for the convenience and for stuff like the "MyBlueJays" program (http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/tor/ticketing/mybluejays_overview.jsp) integration. I'm sure the failure rate for digital tickets is pretty low considering events happen every day with out issue and the Wrestlemania incident is a rarity.

Golden Fleece
04-08-2016, 04:14 PM
I guess that is the only benefit to hard copy tickets. Stubs make nice bookmarks too...

T-Bone
04-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Stubs make nice bookmarks too...
True and some people like to collect them. I was referring to entry purposes which is there primary function.

Ron
04-08-2016, 06:10 PM
The options are naturally the problem. Bit of a piss off that there wan't a cheap basic printed ticket option. I suppose that's the price paid when some internet geek buys a football team and caters to the mindless minions that can't look away from their phones for 3.14 seconds. ;)

Neely2005
04-08-2016, 06:45 PM
I guess that is the only benefit to hard copy tickets. Considering TFC is mailing out season tickets soon and they haven't said anything about digital tickets I doubt the Argos will be going digital tickets this season.

I still prefer the digital option for the convenience and for stuff like the "MyBlueJays" program (http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/tor/ticketing/mybluejays_overview.jsp) integration. I'm sure the failure rate for digital tickets is pretty low considering events happen every day with out issue and the Wrestlemania incident is a rarity.

If you really want Electronic Tickets you can always login to your My Argonauts account on the Ticketmaster website.

R.J
04-08-2016, 07:35 PM
This is the first season at BMO; odds are that ticket stubs will be sent for this season. As I stated previously I'd be okay with lanyard passes; you can still collect those. Going completely electronic IMO would be a bad move.

ArgoFan1
04-09-2016, 09:29 PM
I hope it never comes to the day when you have to use your phone to get in. I only trust hard copies. For everything. I will probably get rid of my cell phone some day in the near future too.

T-Bone
04-12-2016, 08:46 AM
This is the first season at BMO; odds are that ticket stubs will be sent for this season. As I stated previously I'd be okay with lanyard passes; you can still collect those. Going completely electronic IMO would be a bad move.

I hope it never comes to the day when you have to use your phone to get in. I only trust hard copies. For everything. I will probably get rid of my cell phone some day in the near future too.
I don't think going completely electronic will happen anytime soon. The reason for going with the scan card is cost savings and convenience. Taking away the print option would be inconvenient for fans. If you can't use a ticket sometimes the easiest option is to e-mail it to someone and they can print it. It costs the team nothing to provide that option and in most cases they rather a ticket be used than go to waste because the person using the ticket may provide additional revenue through merchandise and concession purchases.

I won't be surprised if we see the scan cards next season.

Golden Fleece
04-30-2016, 03:18 PM
<tbody>
We’re in the process of printing this year’s season ticket packages - which we know you will love!

We will be using Purolator to deliver your season tickets to your front door. We expect to start shipping them during the first week of June.

</tbody>
I know all season ticket holders received the same email but thought it worth sharing this part anyway. No virtual ticket packages for us this year. Makes me happy they're going old school for the first year at BMO at least. First week of June seems a bit late given the nearness of the first preseason game, but it makes sense in a year in which they are changing stadiums and moving offices.

Neely2005
05-16-2016, 12:37 PM
Glad that they are sticking with physical tickets.

marcwagz
05-16-2016, 01:24 PM
I was sad there was no way to get physical tickets for my flex pack
Only online tickets

Neely2005
05-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Does anyone think that we'll have a reserved Parking Lot for Season Ticket holders like some other teams do?

T-Bone
05-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Does anyone think that we'll have a reserved Parking Lot for Season Ticket holders like some other teams do?
I don't think so: Exhibition Place Parking (http://www.explace.on.ca/visiting/directions__parking/parking.php)

Neely2005
05-24-2016, 08:10 PM
I don't think so: Exhibition Place Parking (http://www.explace.on.ca/visiting/directions__parking/parking.php)

Mobile Site Link:

http://m.explace.on.ca/?utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.explace.on.ca%2F%3F no_redirect%3Dtrue#2791

Offering 6,128 parking spaces located adjacent to one of Toronto's main highways, the Gardiner Expressway, including 1,300 underground. A convenience very few venues can offer!

Regular Daily Parking Rates*

Surface Lots *$14.00

*after 6:00 pm*$11.00

Underground Lot *$14.00

*after 6:00 pm $11.00

Underground rates increase $3 on peak usage days.*

Increased rates for BMO Field Events and July/August special events.
All parking lots are operated by Exhibition Place. Taxi cab service is available at all main entrances. We also offer exhibitor parking programs and valet parking services.

*For additional info, please call Parking Services at 416-263-3646.

Wheelchair Accessible Parking

Exhibition Place provides a total of 88 wheelchair accessible parking spaces throughout all of its surface parking lots and indoor garage. All spaces are located near the entrances to the lots and/or close to the pedestrian access points to buildings and event space. Regular parking rates apply.

Hybrid Vehicle parking Spaces

A total of 14 parking spaces are provided exclusively for energy efficient hybrid electric/gasoline vehicles. These preferred spaces are located in Lots 1, 2, 3 and 4 and the indoor garage, in close proximity to the wheelchair accessible spaces. The preferred location of the hybrid spaces recognizes the contribution that owners are making towards lowering emissions, and the use of the spaces is left to the discretion of drivers. Regular parking rates apply.

Electric Vehicle Charging Stations

Charge your electric vehicle in the underground parking garage at Enercare Centre. *Look for the green 'Electric Vehicle Charging Station' signs in the underground parking lot: on the west, and north side of Hall D (green zone); south side of Hall B (blue zone); north and south side of Hall A (red zone). *Regular parking rates apply.

Parent and Child Parking

A total of 5 parking spaces are provided for the exclusive use of parents with small children and/or strollers. These are located in the indoor garage, and in Lots 1 and 3, near the accessible and hybrid parking spaces, with easy access to the buildings and event space. Regular parking rates apply.

Qman
05-24-2016, 08:30 PM

they should have a discounted parking pass available for seat holders. didn't see any email on this

jerrym
05-24-2016, 08:35 PM
they should have a discounted parking pass available for seat holders. didn't see any email on this

They have only one criterion -what makes the most money.

T-Bone
05-24-2016, 09:18 PM
They have only one criterion -what makes the most money.
They're also dealing with demand exceeding supply on many game days so there is no need for them to offer a discount.

R.J
05-24-2016, 09:29 PM
City and MLSE split parking revenue, so I don't think season ticket holders will get a discount. Maybe corporate ticket holders get a "deal" on reserved parking.

Kenners
05-25-2016, 11:38 AM
your card makes it easier to get discounts on gear, etc.

has there been anywhere that it's been confirmed that we get discounts on gear.....lovin' the new gear, a discount will determine how much money i'll be spending lol

Jayahre
05-25-2016, 11:40 AM

Discounted? the parking is already $11 or $14 that's pretty cheap for an event, you want a discount on top of that?

PullTogether73
05-25-2016, 12:25 PM
Discounted? the parking is already $11 or $14 that's pretty cheap for an event, you want a discount on top of that?

Per post #29 above, those are regular parking prices.
Keep reading to the line that prices are higher for BMO Field events.

Neely2005
05-25-2016, 12:34 PM

IIRC it's $25 or $30 for TFC games. The parking attendant was blaming the Argonauts for the price increase the last time that we were there.

Kenners
05-25-2016, 02:19 PM
IIRC it's $25 or $30 for TFC games. The parking attendant was blaming the Argonauts for the price increase the last time that we were there. lol that makes no sense, why would the Argos being there mean higher parking prices? it's not like they'd be playing at the same time as the TFC.

R.J
05-25-2016, 02:28 PM
lol that makes no sense, why would the Argos being there mean higher parking prices? it's not like they'd be playing at the same time as the TFC.Not the first nor last time the team gets blamed for something.

Neely2005
05-25-2016, 03:59 PM
lol that makes no sense, why would the Argos being there mean higher parking prices? it's not like they'd be playing at the same time as the TFC.

Obviously it's not true but they said it was because they need to pay for the Argonauts / CFL renovations to BMO Field.

ArgoFan1
05-25-2016, 04:47 PM
I have no doubt the parking will be over $20 for an Argo game. I think I paid more than that the last time I went to a Marlies game there two years ago. We're not going to escape the greed of Toronto.

ArgoFan1
05-25-2016, 04:50 PM
As much I I love the ability to tailgate, I remember vividly the horror of parking at Argo games at the Ex. They close the ramp to the Gardiner and force everyone onto Lakeshore, where you sit for ages waiting for lights, so I am leaning towards transit to get to the games. Park anywhere else in the city, possibly a free side street and walk to transit. Not that I'm cheap... I paid for parking every game at the dome...... the traffic in and out of there will be horrible.

AngeloV
05-25-2016, 04:54 PM
I have no doubt the parking will be over $20 for an Argo game. I think I paid more than that the last time I went to a Marlies game there two years ago. We're not going to escape the greed of Toronto.

I paid $15 for Marlies and WWE on the grounds.

As much I I love the ability to tailgate, I remember vividly the horror of parking at Argo games at the Ex. They close the ramp to the Gardiner and force everyone onto Lakeshore, where you sit for ages waiting for lights, so I am leaning towards transit to get to the games. Park anywhere else in the city, possibly a free side street and walk to transit. Not that I'm cheap... I paid for parking every game at the dome...... the traffic in and out of there will be horrible.

Nothing wrong with that. I know in their heydays, the Argos would have shuttle buses going from certain malls around the city straight to the EX. Would be nice to see the demand for that again, but I'm not counting on it.

KCargosfan
05-25-2016, 05:21 PM

Chiefs parking is above $30, so $20 isn't terrible.

Neely2005
05-25-2016, 05:34 PM

I thought that they only closed the on ramp to the Gardiner on weeknights between 5 & 7?

ArgoFan1
05-25-2016, 07:58 PM
they used to close the ramp after every game at the old stadium. Does anyone know if they close that ramp after a TFC game?? If they've smartened up and abandoned that practice, that would be a step in the right direction.

Argos1983
06-01-2016, 08:24 AM
Anyone know when STH packages are being sent -- it's not like we have a game in 10 days?! ;)

Anyone know about when account manager printing/transfers become active as my account just allows me to donate to charity and nothing else....

Thanks for any help answering these questions!

T-Bone
06-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Anyone know when STH packages are being sent -- it's not like we have a game in 10 days?! ;)

Anyone know about when account manager printing/transfers become active as my account just allows me to donate to charity and nothing else....

I believe STH packages are being shipped today. I just checked my account manager and the "Print-at-Home" and "Transfer tickets" options are now available.

Argos1983
06-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Thanks --- weird - my account manager still doesn't have the other options available yet --- did that just become active today?

T-Bone
06-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Thanks --- weird - my account manager still doesn't have the other options available yet --- did that just become active today?
I just checked again and they are there on my account but I believe they just became available. I was able to add my ticket to the Apple Wallet app yesterday or the day before and those option weren't there.

Neely2005
06-04-2016, 01:41 PM

IIRC I read that they're going to ship them out on Monday.

Argo57
06-04-2016, 02:38 PM
IIRC I read that they're going to ship them out on Monday.

Cutting it kind of close IMO.

Neely2005
06-04-2016, 03:32 PM

Agreed.

Argos1983
06-04-2016, 04:48 PM
My tickets are active in account manager now.

Will
06-05-2016, 09:08 AM

It is, but I'm sure the Argos have a contingency plan in place if some STH don't get their tickets by Saturday for one reason or another.

T-Bone
06-05-2016, 09:33 AM
It is, but I'm sure the Argos have a contingency plan in place if some STH don't get their tickets by Saturday for one reason or another.
As Argos1983 pointed out the tickets are in your account manager so worst case you can print out or use the digital version of the ticket(s) until you get your package. I believe they are sending the packages by Purolator so they should arrive the same day they are shipped.

Neely2005
06-05-2016, 03:49 PM
@Tylerpuley: Sneak peak at the 2016 @TorontoArgos season tickets. You should receive them soon, let me know what you think! https://t.co/XasdfOVJLD

https://twitter.com/Tylerpuley/status/739164821871005696

R.J
06-05-2016, 04:02 PM
The season tickets are being delivered by purolator, so I'm sure we'll receive them before June 11th.

gilthethrill
06-05-2016, 06:02 PM
The season tickets are being delivered by purolator, so I'm sure we'll receive them before June 11th.

Well in that case I can stop walking to my mailbox each day and walking back home dejected! Haha

R.J
06-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Well in that case I can stop walking to my mailbox each day and walking back home dejected! Haha
That's what I was told, but could be wrong.

TOBenfica
06-05-2016, 07:54 PM
yep its Purolator... the official courier of the cfl :) yep I was told we should get them either on Monday or Tuesday

Golden Fleece
06-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Received mine today.

argofandave
06-06-2016, 10:36 AM
I got mine, too.

AngeloV
06-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Show offs!!

PullTogether73
06-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Mine just arrived!

Cool ticket holder.

An Argonauts lanyard to hang the ticket holder around one's neck should have been included.
Also, no discount card or SSH gift coupon.:mad:

Kenners
06-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Show offs!! right?! :D

argofandave
06-06-2016, 11:05 AM
I have 4 season tickets along with 4 clear plastic ticket holders but only 2 Argo lanyards.

argofan81
06-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Mine just arrived!

Cool ticket holder.

An Argonauts lanyard to hand the ticket holder around one's neck should have been included.
Also, no discount card or SSH gift coupon.:mad:

I had 2 lanyards with my package (and 2 ticket holders) to go with my pair of tickets. I suppose the ticket holders / lanyards are the "thank you" gifts this year. So I was correct about no season ticket holder discounts (& no other 'perks' that were had last year); this was all but confirmed in the Q&A from last week when Copeland was asked about season ticket holder 'perks' and the response was something along the lines of first access to tailgaiting and first access to grey cup tickets. So much for the promise to remember the die hards that had to endure hell for the past few years -- not much benefit to being a season ticket holder this year.

PullTogether73
06-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Whew!
Glad you guys mentioned that you got lanyards.
I just pulled the delivery envelope out of the garbage and found my lanyard!

R.J
06-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Haven't got my ST's yet, but no worries. I am a bit disappointed to hear there's no discount card this year.

Whew!
Good thing you checked again.

T-Bone
06-06-2016, 12:31 PM
The ticket package is nice but the lack of even 10%-20% off merchandise is really disappointing. That seems to be a standard perk for every teams season ticket holders.

Neely2005
06-06-2016, 12:39 PM
The ticket package is nice but the lack of even 10%-20% off merchandise is really disappointing. That seems to be a standard perk for every teams season ticket holders.

Maybe because they aren't going to be selling Argonauts merchandise at BMO Field? (Just a guess)

T-Bone
06-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Maybe because they aren't going to be selling Argonauts merchandise at BMO Field? (Just a guess)
Why wouldn't they? That would be a huge revenue lose. The Argos had limited merchandise for sale even at Varsity Stadium and on Saturday they were selling Canada merchandise at the Canada vs. Brazil women's friendly at BMO Field.

Neely2005
06-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Why wouldn't they? That would be a huge revenue lose. The Argos had limited merchandise for sale even at Varsity Stadium and on Saturday they were selling Canada merchandise at the Canada vs. Brazil women's friendly at BMO Field.

Just wondering if they'll have an Argonauts store in BMO Field.

T-Bone
06-06-2016, 01:00 PM
Just wondering if they'll have an Argonauts store in BMO Field.
I'm not sure what you mean by an "Argonauts store." If you mean a retail store that is open during the week outside of game days, I highly doubt it as there isn't one for TFC either. There is very little walking traffic there during the week, I can't see it being sustainable. I'm pretty sure the kiosks inside the stadium will be selling Argos merchandise though on game days just like at Rogers Centre.

Neely2005
06-06-2016, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by an "Argonauts store." If you mean a retail store that is open during the week outside of game days, I highly doubt it as there isn't one for TFC either. There is very little walking traffic there during the week, I can't see it being sustainable. I'm pretty sure the kiosks inside the stadium will be selling Argos merchandise though on game days just like at Rogers Centre.

Like the Blue Jays store at the Rogers Centre that sold Argonauts gear.

T-Bone
06-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Like the Blue Jays store at the Rogers Centre that sold Argonauts gear.
Like I said:

There is very little walking traffic there during the week, I can't see it being sustainable.
Real Sports Apparel (https://shop.realsports.ca/#) at the ACC is supposed to the be the official store for TFC merchandise and TFC season ticket holder discount cards work both there and at BMO Field. Unfortunately they haven't had as much TFC stock there latley as the Raptors playoff run took over the place. They said they will be getting more iteams now that the Raptors are done and they were supposed to have Argos merchandise according to this:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Welcome <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a> glad to have you aboard <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSports">@RealSports</a> Apparel in the near future. <a href="https://twitter.com/CFL">@CFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CFLonTSN">@CFLonTSN</a> <a href="http://t.co/pxn1VM2ngG">pic.twitter.com/pxn1VM2ngG</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Budway (@JeffBudway) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffBudway/status/601067256219570178">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
But that hasn't happened yet as far as I know. I was there Thursday last week.

Neely2005
06-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Like I said:

Real Sports Apparel (https://shop.realsports.ca/#) at the ACC is supposed to the be the official store for TFC merchandise and TFC season ticket holder discount cards work both there and at BMO Field. Unfortunately they haven't had as much TFC stock there latley as the Raptors playoff run took over the place. They said they will be getting more iteams now that the Raptors are done and they were supposed to have Argos merchandise according to this:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Welcome <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a> glad to have you aboard <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSports">@RealSports</a> Apparel in the near future. <a href="https://twitter.com/CFL">@CFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CFLonTSN">@CFLonTSN</a> <a href="http://t.co/pxn1VM2ngG">pic.twitter.com/pxn1VM2ngG</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Budway (@JeffBudway) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffBudway/status/601067256219570178">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
But that hasn't happened yet as far as I know. I was there Thursday last week.

You're arguing with yourself again. I was simply offering a possible explanation.

T-Bone
06-06-2016, 03:44 PM
You're arguing with yourself again. I was simply offering a possible explanation.
Ok. I wasn't arguing, I was clarifying but your "possible explanation" makes very little sense.

PullTogether73
06-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Having no merchandise at the game just screams "BUSH LEAGUE" imo.
I can't imagine that they will not have items for sale during games.
But it is disappointing that SSHs don't get the discount card we have had for years.

R.J
06-06-2016, 04:03 PM
But it is disappointing that SSHs don't get the discount card we have had for years.
Funny enough from 08-13 and last season I never got the discount card.

Neely2005
06-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Funny enough from 08-13 and last season I never got the discount card.

It was in the Season Ticket holder books. It was a tear out like the tickets.

R.J
06-06-2016, 04:15 PM
It was in the Season Ticket holder books. It was a tear out like the tickets.
LOL
Thanks, just checked last years booklet and saw the damn thing.

EDIT: 08 was the only season I didn't get the discount card then and not sure about 2013 because the other ticket holder on my account received and used them that season.

T-Bone
06-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Having no merchandise at the game just screams "BUSH LEAGUE" imo.
I can't imagine that they will not have items for sale during games.
Ya. Also, one of the reasons for giving people the discount is to give them the incentive to buy from the team so they make more profit on the mark up. If I buy merchandise at the Adidas Store they are still making money I assume but not as much. It's a pretty big oversight in my opinion.

paulwoods13
06-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Bit surprised to get two lanyards (for two tickets) but only one plastic cover for one ticket to fit into. Presumably just an oversight. Otherwise a great ticket package.

Neely2005
06-06-2016, 07:40 PM
LOL
Thanks, just checked last years booklet and saw the damn thing.

EDIT: 08 was the only season I didn't get the discount card then and not sure about 2013 because the other ticket holder on my account received and used them that season.

Lol, it happens.

Yeah there was one for 2013 too.

Neely2005
06-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Bit surprised to get two lanyards (for two tickets) but only one plastic cover for one ticket to fit into. Presumably just an oversight. Otherwise a great ticket package.

Yeah I think that it was probably just an oversight as we got 4 of everything, although 2 of the plastic covers were stuck together.

Gill The Thrill
06-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Chiefs parking is above $30, so $20 isn't terrible.Ottawa Senators $12 and you can't park anywhere else around the Canadian Tire Centre but in their parking lots, of which there are many since it's out in the sticks.

Gill The Thrill
06-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Don't you guys work,:) Purolator delivered while I was at work, but I figured it was the season tix. I'll pick them up tomorrow.

Disappointed Bell and Kilmer Sports couldn't have included even Argo shot glasses or even a fridge magnet schedule, but I'll give them a pass if they have some Argo signage at BMO field during home dates. I don't want to be reading Danny Dichio and Jim Brennan pictures and TFC numbers...sorry T-Bone, I'm just being honest.There better be Argos history and signage on game days. Remember those cool pics Cynamon and Sokolowski had in the 500 level when they owned the team...they could put something like that outside BMO field on game days.

Golden Fleece
06-06-2016, 10:05 PM

My plastic covers looked like one at first. Had to slide my nails in to peel them apart.

Whew!

Glad I read this. Even knowing the lanyards were in there I almost missed them at the bottom of the bag.

matthew
06-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Quality control on packing seems to be an issue. In my pkg I got one for one on everything. In my sons two lanyards one sleeve. Have to say a bit underwhelmed like some others here. No discount card a bit of a surprise but I was expecting more given all the talk about valuing season ticket holders from years past. I would have like a new argos tee (or at least a voucher for such) maybe my name entered in a draw to win my seasons back for a year, an event at stadium to pick up (seems they left this a bit late).

I will say from an optics point of view, the graphic design of the package is the nicest ever. The lack of spiral binding is a welcome change. So much so its great I don't have to rip up the stubs from these. I will keep everything in tact and use the mobile ticket option on ticketmaster

Kenners
06-06-2016, 10:50 PM
my first season tickets...for anything....ever.

love it. sad not to see a discount code....BUT still about to by a bunch of gear. Loving the "Argos Collection".

Brian45
06-07-2016, 01:28 AM
Senators. Eww.

T-Bone
06-07-2016, 07:40 AM
I don't want to be reading Danny Dichio and Jim Brennan pictures and TFC numbers...sorry T-Bone, I'm just being honest.
I agree with you actually. An Argos game should fell like an Argos game and the same vice versa for TFC. They actually removed the Brennan and Dichio "Wall of Honour" jerseys from the wall below the press box before this season started. I've been told they were moved but I don't know where.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000oNera.VAh9Q/s/750/750/MLSNT101504014.jpg

ArgoGabe22
06-07-2016, 07:45 AM
^ I don't even understand how players like Brennan and Dichio even got their jerseys/name honoured. They haven't really done much IMO other than first captain, first goal for in history.

T-Bone
06-07-2016, 07:48 AM
^ I don't even understand how players like Brennan and Dichio even got their jerseys/name honoured. They haven't really done much IMO other than first captain, first goal for in history.
Trust me, that has been debated among TFC fans.

1argoholic
06-07-2016, 10:25 AM
How can you have a wall of honour when the teams only been around for such a short period of time. At that rate after 25 years there will be zero room for adding names.

T-Bone
06-07-2016, 10:47 AM
How can you have a wall of honour when the teams only been around for such a short period of time. At that rate after 25 years there will be zero room for adding names.
Considering there are only 2 names on there in 10 years, that would only be 5 in 25 years. Whether the wall is mertied or not is another debate.

PullTogether73
06-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Let's get this back on topic and away from the always contentious subject of Toronto FC please.:(

Scooter McCray
06-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Where will the Argo wall of honour and retired numbers be going? Does anyone know? And championship banners? And statue of Pinball? And statue of John Candy?

T-Bone
06-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Where will the Argo wall of honour and retired numbers be going? Does anyone know? And championship banners?
I'm guessing they could be hung up under the press box or off one of the three new roofs.

Scooter McCray
06-07-2016, 11:19 AM
I'm guessing they could be hung up under the press box or off one of the three new roofs. I was down at BMO Field Friday night, and they had it lit up doing work for the women's soccer game on Saturday. It looks spectacular. The Argo players and we the fans are going to love going down there for games. It is going to be the best environment for football in Toronto since before Exhibition Stadium was reconfigured for baseball in 1977. Home field advantage is about to mean something in Toronto.

doubleblue
06-07-2016, 06:36 PM
I'm guessing they could be hung up under the press box or off one of the three new roofs.

Probably all we can hope for this season is to have the guys that run around the field with the ARGOS banner, do the same for the wall of honour and championship banners.

argolio
06-07-2016, 10:58 PM
I was down at BMO Field Friday night, and they had it lit up doing work for the women's soccer game on Saturday. It looks spectacular. The Argo players and we the fans are going to love going down there for games. It is going to be the best environment for football in Toronto since before Exhibition Stadium was reconfigured for baseball in 1977. Home field advantage is about to mean something in Toronto.Let's hope so. That 1977 reconfiguration didn't do the Argos any favours.

From this:
http://cfl-scrapbook.no-ip.org/images/ExhibitionStadium-Argonauts_small.jpg

To this:
http://betweentheposts.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/exhib-1.jpg

paulwoods13
06-08-2016, 12:54 PM
I really wish I had been to a game at the Ex before the rebuild. My seats were usually on the covered side which was changed only slightly, but still ...

BMO is going to be the first time in 41 (!) years we have had a home stadium where the stands are equidistant from the field all along each sideline. It's a miracle!

Scooter McCray
06-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Our seats were on the covered side too. When I look at that and where we were in Skydome, we have been so far away from the action. I cannot wait to see the game Saturday from close up for the first time since I had season seats in Ottawa in the mid 1970s.

AngeloV
06-08-2016, 02:27 PM
I never went to a game pre 1977, but it looks like it was very well constructed for football.

ArgoRavi
06-08-2016, 06:55 PM
I never went to a game pre 1977, but it looks like it was very well constructed for football.

Looked like a perfect stadium before the Jays moved in.

Will
06-08-2016, 06:57 PM

I think the grandstand predated the Argos move to Exhibition actually.

R.J
06-08-2016, 06:58 PM
http://cfl-scrapbook.no-ip.org/images/ExhibitionStadium-Argonauts_small.jpg
What was the area in the South West corner used for ?
Looks like portables. Locker rooms ?

Will
06-08-2016, 07:14 PM
What was the area in the South West corner used for ?
Looks like portables. Locker rooms ?

Part of the concert stage perhaps? You could always see a similar structure post-renos and that's what it was used for.

R.J
06-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Part of the concert stage perhaps? You could always see a similar structure post-renos and that's what it was used for.
Yeah it's in the post reno picture as well. I wonder what it is ?

Will
06-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Yeah it's in the post reno picture as well. I wonder what it is ?

I'm pretty sure it is the concert stage. I never realized that the structure was pre-renos.

Jumbo
06-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Argo locker rooms were on the south side at about the 20-30 yard line. Player parking was right where you see it in the post 1977 picture. I don't think that white building in the end zones was there in the 80's. At least it wasn't there in the early 80's when I saw Bob Seger!

Will
06-08-2016, 07:24 PM
The concert stage (post renos) would've usually been left on the E side of the stadium whenever the Jays or Argos were playing. The structures look similar enough to be the same structure.

R.J
06-08-2016, 07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure it is the concert stage. I never realized that the structure was pre-renos.

Argo locker rooms were on the south side at about the 20-30 yard line. Player parking was right where you see it in the post 1977 picture. I don't think that white building in the end zones was there in the 80's. At least it wasn't there in the early 80's when I saw Bob Seger!

The concert stage (post renos) would've usually been left on the E side of the stadium whenever the Jays or Argos were playing. The structures look similar enough to be the same structure.
Thanks for the clarification. I never attended the Ex pre or post renos (born in 86).

Will
06-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I never attended the Ex pre or post renos (born in 86).

Neither did I (born in 87) :D

Kenners
06-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I never attended the Ex pre or post renos (born in 86). woot! Another 86'er lol.

Neely2005
06-08-2016, 09:09 PM
^ How is this possible? All CFL fans are old.

* Sarcasm

shayman
06-08-2016, 10:41 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4633157732_ee3dca8eea_o.jpg

Here's the Exhibition Stadium stage thing in action - The Who playing in front of 68,000 fans in 1980

Will
06-08-2016, 10:45 PM
That must have been during their first farewell tour :p

Argos1983
06-08-2016, 10:57 PM
The Who played the Ex in 1989 as well, that structure was the stage used for "grandstand" shows where the stage faced the covered grandstand for 25,000-30,000 capacity concerts, for end stage shows (60,000+), some used that stage, others built their own bigger stage....and yes, in addition to the Who, I saw the Stones, U2, Springsteen, Genesis, Bowie, Pink Floyd etc. amongst many others, at the Ex in its various forms.....I guess I am old....:)

.....and I remember swearing in 1988 in freezing rain after they lost to Winnipeg in that last game there (a playoff loss!) that I would never go back there again to watch another football game as "thankfully" a new dome was being built.....I had seasons in 1989 at the new dome, and I have seasons in 2016 at the new Ex....what goes around comes around I guess...ha ha ha....

PullTogether73
06-08-2016, 11:52 PM
CNE Bandshell was its proper name if memory serves.
I attended The Police "picnic" in the mid-80s there.

RB957
06-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Just received my season ticket book. Sweet look. One thing I noticed is that there isn't a discount card for Argos merchandise that used to be included. The Argos website doesn't mention it as a "benefit" of being a STH. Does anyone have any info on why this wasn't included this year??

paulwoods13
06-09-2016, 08:39 AM
No, it was the Grandstand. The CNE bandshell was a much smaller structure west of the old stadium. It was still there a few years ago but I don't know if it's still standing. During the CNE it would hold un-ticketed concerts by C and D level acts.

AngeloV
06-09-2016, 09:15 AM
The CNE bandshell was a much smaller structure west of the old stadium. It was still there a few years ago but I don't know if it's still standing. During the CNE it would hold un-ticketed concerts by C and D level acts.

And the Miss Chin Bikini contest...at least that's what I've heard.

:D

Neely2005
06-09-2016, 10:07 AM
And the Miss Chin Bikini contest...at least that's what I've heard.

:D

Which they just cancelled.

argofandave
06-09-2016, 10:39 AM
No, it was the Grandstand. The CNE bandshell was a much smaller structure west of the old stadium. It was still there a few years ago but I don't know if it's still standing. During the CNE it would hold un-ticketed concerts by C and D level acts.

The CNE Bandshell is still there. The Toronto Festival of Beer is held in that area and they have different bands playing there throughout the festival. It's still used during the CNE as well.

AngeloV
06-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Which they just cancelled.

Just looked that up. People are just way too sensitive today.

Neely2005
06-09-2016, 11:29 AM

That's for sure. It seems that the fun police are going out of their way to be offended.

AngeloV
06-09-2016, 11:50 AM
That's for sure. It seems that the fun police are going out of their way to be offended.

I'm glad you said that and not me. I may have seen a post I made years ago reappear.

Rich
06-09-2016, 01:41 PM
I'm glad you said that and not me. I may have seen a post I made years ago reappear.

Yeah, we get it. People are too soft these days. How many times are you going to keep saying it here?

AngeloV
06-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Yeah, we get it. People are too soft these days. How many times are you going to keep saying it here?

I'm glad you get it.

Peace and Love my brother.

Rich
06-09-2016, 03:02 PM
I'm glad you get it.

Peace and Love my brother.

Love it! Peace and love to you too, brother! We both love the Argos, that's good enough for me. Go Argos!

Ron
06-09-2016, 03:06 PM
The 77 reconfig didn't do the Argos favours but it was a great place to watch baseball. The closest seats to the action in all of baseball. The "visual" Jays experience lost a lot when they moved to the dome.

paulwoods13
06-09-2016, 03:52 PM
The 77 reconfig didn't do the Argos favours but it was a great place to watch baseball. The closest seats to the action in all of baseball. The "visual" Jays experience lost a lot when they moved to the dome.

Yeah, except for the 22,000 or so seats in the north grandstand. A few of them down the left-field line were OK for outfield views, but most were horrendous.

AngeloV
06-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Love it! Peace and love to you too, brother! We both love the Argos, that's good enough for me. Go Argos!

Well said.

AngeloV
06-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Yeah, except for the 22,000 or so seats in the north grandstand. A few of them down the left-field line were OK for outfield views, but most were horrendous.

Sat there many times through my early teens. Tickets were $2, or $1 if you bought them from Dominion.

Those were the days. $1 Blue Jays tickets from Dominion and $0.99 Argos tickets from A&P.

Argos1983
06-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Sat there many times through my early teens. Tickets were $2, or $1 if you bought them from Dominion.

Those were the days. $1 Blue Jays tickets from Dominion and $0.99 Argos tickets from A&P.

....and for the really well off....$1.99 Argos Playoff tickets.....I believe this is either from 1984 or 1986 (can anyone tell me how to tell the difference --- and there would be tears of sadness on both, so that doesn't help!), - I was at both of those horrible losses to Hamilton.....750

....apparently I was rich in 1987 and 1988 --- $18!!.....751....

Anyone else have old ticket stubs they can post, I like looking at that sort of thing....all of my 1989 and beyond stuff is easy for me to find but I like the old ones from the Ex days.....and I really miss that old boat logo.....and why was I sitting on uncovered benches all the time?!

Ron
06-09-2016, 06:32 PM

Well if you count the grandstand .. then yes. "Most" were not great. I wouldn't call it horrendous. Behind home and down to 1st and 3rd were fantastic. Along the lines were good. (Better than the equivalent seats at Fenway and much better than the dome)

ArgoGabe22
06-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Attachments work! Yay!

paulwoods13
06-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Well if you count the grandstand .. then yes. "Most" were not great. I wouldn't call it horrendous. Behind home and down to 1st and 3rd were fantastic. Along the lines were good. (Better than the equivalent seats at Fenway and much better than the dome)

I only meant most of the grandstand seats (which I assume was about half the total stadium capacity).

paulwoods13
06-09-2016, 06:45 PM
Attachments work! Yay!

Pas pour moi.

Ron
06-09-2016, 07:20 PM
I only meant most of the grandstand seats (which I assume was about half the total stadium capacity).

Got it. Kinda funny when you think of it. For baseball and football ... half the stadium was lousy after the reconfig. Luckily it all worked out 40 years later. ;)

R.J
06-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Pas pour moi.
Me neither.

KCargosfan
06-10-2016, 02:28 AM

No doubt. A great movie like Blazing Saddles could never be made today.

Ron
06-10-2016, 02:29 AM
No doubt. A great movie like Blazing Saddles could never be made today.

Yes, there would be a massive outcry over the portrayal of German's in that offensive flick.

paulwoods13
06-10-2016, 06:17 AM
My plastic covers looked like one at first. Had to slide my nails in to peel them apart.

Thanks for the tip, GF. Turns out I did get two after all. Now I have to decide whether to use the lanyards or follow my previous pattern of keeping the ticket book intact and letting them scan the tix in the book. Because of the design of the books, and because the "intact" method hasn't produced a Grey Cup win in three seasons, I will probably use the lanyards.

Golden Fleece
06-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the tip, GF. Turns out I did get two after all. Now I have to decide whether to use the lanyards or follow my previous pattern of keeping the ticket book intact and letting them scan the tix in the book. Because of the design of the books, and because the "intact" method hasn't produced a Grey Cup win in three seasons, I will probably use the lanyards. Glad it worked.

Golden Fleece
06-21-2016, 05:27 PM
Make sure you read to the bottom of today's season ticket holder email. There is a coupon code for an on-line purchase at the Argos store. Assuming they had this gesture planned all along and it wasn't a response to reading this thread. :D

argofan81
06-21-2016, 07:27 PM
Make sure you read to the bottom of today's season ticket holder email. There is a coupon code for an on-line purchase at the Argos store. Assuming they had this gesture planned all along and it wasn't a response to reading this thread. :D

Read carefully -- the code is only good for one online transaction only -- can't be used in stadium at BMO. Also, no mention of an expiry date but to be on the safe side, I would make your purchase sooner rather than later if you are planning on making one.

TOBenfica
06-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the tip, GF. Turns out I did get two after all. Now I have to decide whether to use the lanyards or follow my previous pattern of keeping the ticket book intact and letting them scan the tix in the book. Because of the design of the books, and because the "intact" method hasn't produced a Grey Cup win in three seasons, I will probably use the lanyards. you also have the ability to download the tix from the online account manager or display on a smartphone.. this way you can leave all the tix in the booklet intact.

Golden Fleece
06-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Read carefully -- the code is only good for one online transaction only -- can't be used in stadium at BMO. Also, no mention of an expiry date but to be on the safe side, I would make your purchase sooner rather than later if you are planning on making one. True, but it's better than a kick in the teeth as my Dad used to say. Also, it might be the first of many offers throughout the season.

Kenners
06-21-2016, 11:33 PM
Make sure you read to the bottom of today's season ticket holder email. There is a coupon code for an on-line purchase at the Argos store. Assuming they had this gesture planned all along and it wasn't a response to reading this thread. :D thank you for this didnt see that part!

Downtownfan
06-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Are these seat covers? From Tyler Puley, Argos PR guy, saying that they will be revealing something else tomorrow...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Clj6uNiVYAEPp7I.jpg

T-Bone
06-22-2016, 10:26 AM
Are these seat covers? From Tyler Puley, Argos PR guy, saying that they will be revealing something else tomorrow...That is kind of what that looks like.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We&#39;re revealing something else during tomorrow&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a> opener... This is all I can share! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> <a href="https://t.co/w9UvrC8wJW">pic.twitter.com/w9UvrC8wJW</a></p>&mdash; Tyler Puley (@Tylerpuley) <a href="https://twitter.com/Tylerpuley/status/745621425038385152">June 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

Golden Fleece
06-22-2016, 05:06 PM
Are these seat covers? From Tyler Puley, Argos PR guy, saying that they will be revealing something else tomorrow...

That's cool. Wonder if I can leave my cushions at home.

TOBenfica
06-22-2016, 07:13 PM
all seats will have t-shirts when we get there... it looks like the a tshirt that he put over a an office chair.

paulwoods13
06-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Unless my phone has terrible colour repro, that looks like a silver shield. A colour we abandoned in 2005, I believe. What's with that?

Neely2005
06-22-2016, 08:37 PM
Unless my phone has terrible colour repro, that looks like a silver shield. A colour we abandoned in 2005, I believe. What's with that?

It looks white on my phone.

R.J
06-22-2016, 08:50 PM
all seats will have t-shirts when we get there... it looks like the a tshirt that he put over a an office chair.
Doesn't look like a tshirt to me. Seat cover me thinks.

White for me.

BATKINSON001
06-22-2016, 11:23 PM
Colors a bit off, but it's mostly white on my phone.

1argoholic
06-23-2016, 07:07 AM
Looks good and I'd guess seat covers. TFC fans will be crying.

paulwoods13
06-23-2016, 08:22 AM
Colors a bit off, but it's mostly white on my phone.

I'm talking about the interior part of the shield. Looking at it on my computer, I guess it's Cambridge Blue, not silver. Hope so.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8