PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones Season 6 SPOILERS

R.J
04-12-2016, 04:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

Anyone else excited for this season ?
I know the big story line most seem to be interested in, is whether Jon Snow is dead or not (he is dead, so that's not the right question IMO and it's pretty clear as to who Jon is), but what I'm most excited about is this being the first season where I don't know what's going to happen (having read the previous novels and book 6 not being finished as of yet). Thoughts ?

Will
04-12-2016, 08:59 PM
The Red Bitch will resurrect him I'm sure.

R.J
04-13-2016, 12:36 PM
The Red Bitch will resurrect him I'm sure.
Melisandre doesn't need to, but too many hints point to you being right.

AngeloV
04-14-2016, 01:31 PM
Wait, this is a series? I honestly thought it was just a vide game, with a really hot chick in the commercials.

R.J
04-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Wait, this is a series? I honestly thought it was just a vide game, with a really hot chick in the commercials.
Daenerys ?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/aQiTX6VrZIp5m/200.gif

ArgoGabe22
04-14-2016, 03:46 PM
More like this lol (which is not G of T)

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/lXiRAgEQfsEvMlK3m" width="480" height="202" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/kate-upton-super-bowl-game-of-war-lXiRAgEQfsEvMlK3m">via GIPHY</a></p>

AngeloV
04-14-2016, 04:25 PM
Yeah..That's it. Gabe!!

R.J
04-14-2016, 05:04 PM
Yeah..That's it. Gabe!!
That's Kate Upton, who was featured in the "Game of War" ads. Game of War is a mobile video game, essentially similar to clash of clans, boom beach, mobile strike................ I can go on and on. Game of Thrones is currently the most popular tv series worldwide. Based on the best selling novel series "A Song of Ice and Fire" (a clue as to who Jon Snow is); written by George R.R. Martin. I wish he would stop wasting time and finish the last two books already - it took four years for the first three to be released then 5 years for book four, 6 years for book five and going on 5 years for book six.

ArgoGabe22
04-14-2016, 05:31 PM
I wish he would stop wasting time and finish the last two books already - it took for years for the first three to be released then 5 years for book four, 6 years for book five and going on 5 years for book six.

I know that feeling. Sounds like Larry David with Curb Your Enthusiasm. Sorry for going way off topic here.

R.J
04-14-2016, 06:49 PM
I know that feeling. Sounds like Larry David with Curb Your Enthusiasm. Sorry for going way off topic here.
No worries. Should mention I edited my post to say it took four years, but you got the gist of it. Question - I don't follow the show, but it is safe to assume that David is holding up future seasons or something ?

ArgoGabe22
04-14-2016, 06:56 PM
No worries. Should mention I edited my post to say it took four years, but you got the gist of it. Question - I don't follow the show, but it is safe to assume that David is holding up future seasons or something ?

He was this deal with HBO he can pretty much do it whenever he feels like it. He's done 8 seasons over 12 years. Last one was in 2011 and no one is sure if there will be a 9th season or not. I've been hearing rumours going both ways the last couple of years.

R.J
04-14-2016, 07:25 PM
He was this deal with HBO he can pretty much do it whenever he feels like it. He's done 8 seasons over 12 years. Last one was in 2011 and no one is sure if there will be a 9th season or not. I've been hearing rumours going both ways the last couple of years.
That sucks. George R.R Martin wanted Game of Thrones to last 10 seasons (even talked about a trilogy film as well) in order to give him enough time to finish the books. Most fans just want him to admit he let the story get too big and now he doesn't know what to do. It was originally planned to be a trilogy with a 5 year time jump, but he then changed his mind because there would have been too many gaps and so much story to tell.

R.J
04-25-2016, 01:10 PM
Great season premiere. Like the changes they've made with Sansa and Brienne's story arc. Didn't care for the Dorne storyline though. Melisandre at the end was pretty crazy, though I was expecting to eventually see her true form (strongly hinted in the books). Fans that wanted to see Jon Snow alive are starting to get impatient and we're only one episode in lol.

Will
04-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Great season premiere. Like the changes they've made with Sansa and Brienne's story arc. Didn't care for the Dorne storyline though. Melisandre at the end was pretty crazy, though I was expecting to eventually see her true form (strongly hinted in the books). Fans that wanted to see Jon Snow alive are starting to get impatient and we're only one episode in lol.

Naturally, the show writers were going to tease people about Jon.

"Issues"Mcgee
04-25-2016, 08:21 PM
I think we all need to ignore the tease, agree that Jon Snow knows absolutely nothing and move on. I'm surprised Bran wasn't in the first episode.

rdavies
04-25-2016, 11:29 PM
Cool video from ticats.ca, a little outdated (BMO/Mosaic) but still cool.

Game of Rouges (http://ticats.ca/video/game-of-rouges)
Apr 24/2016
With the show's sixth season set to premiere tonight, we put a CFL spin on the theme song for HBO's Game of Thrones.

R.J
04-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Naturally, the show writers were going to tease people about Jon.
I know Jon's storyline will still be prominent in the show - just found it funny how many were disappointed that he didn't rise from the dead in episode one.

Technically Jon won't rise from the dead - more so be reborn; rising from the ashes.

Will
04-26-2016, 08:37 PM
What does everybody think of the Dorne storyline? Many people online seem annoyed by the Sand Snakes. Personally, I'm indifferent.

R.J
04-26-2016, 08:48 PM
What does everybody think of the Dorne storyline? Many people online seem annoyed by the Sand Snakes. Personally, I'm indifferent.
I personally don't really care for it. they've changed it quite a bit from the books, but even in the books I didn't care for it lol.
However, I was really confused as to how two of the Sand Snakes got on the boat.

I like what they're doing with Sansa and can't wait to see Bran back. I know some people aren't crazy about either or their storylines, but both are going to be very important for what's to come.

Will
04-27-2016, 06:47 PM
I personally don't really care for it. they've changed it quite a bit from the books, but even in the books I didn't care for it lol.
However, I was really confused as to how two of the Sand Snakes got on the boat.

I like what they're doing with Sansa and can't wait to see Bran back. I know some people aren't crazy about either or their storylines, but both are going to be very important for what's to come.

All I care about is that we get HODOR back!

R.J
04-27-2016, 07:07 PM
All I care about is that we get HODOR back!
Hodor should be there in Bran's story arc - which returns this Sunday.

R.J
05-02-2016, 12:23 AM
Jon Snow has risen !

Though I'm sure almost everybody knew he would lol.

ArgoGabe22
05-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Not into the show but this would look cool at BMO, especially since it's blue and we could add the Milanovich (or Barker) banner.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Kansas+City+soccer+fans+use+insane+Game +of+Thrones+tifo+to+intimidate+opponents&id=579083

R.J
05-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Not into the show but this would look cool at BMO, especially since it's blue and we could add the Milanovich (or Barker) banner.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Kansas+City+soccer+fans+use+insane+Game +of+Thrones+tifo+to+intimidate+opponents&id=579083
While my feelings about Milanovich are well known - I wouldn't be opposed to the Game of Thrones inspired "House Milanovich" banners hanging all over the ex and within BMO field.

R.J
05-03-2016, 05:22 PM
So for anyone interested - the last scene in this promo is "The Tower of Joy" (very important to the Jon Snow story). I'm not sure if we'll see what I've been waiting for since Season 1, but it does look like the show is finally starting to put the puzzle together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y685gVGRQ98

"Issues"Mcgee
05-04-2016, 02:25 AM
Imagine if they brought Jon Snow back only to have Ramsay kill him again? Wouldn't put it past the show.

R.J
05-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Imagine if they brought Jon Snow back only to have Ramsay kill him again? Wouldn't put it past the show.
I think Jon will die again eventually, but we're another season and 3/4's away from that. The Night's King is Jon's main enemy - I don't see Ramsey being the last "bad guy" at the end.

R.J
05-09-2016, 01:23 PM
"My watch is ended".
Loved the whole Jon story this episode and the Tower of Joy scene was great as well. I knew once the scream was heard coming from the Tower that the three eyed crow would suddenly tell Bran they have to go back. I've been waiting almost a decade for the Tower of Joy - what's another season or two ? lol

Will
05-17-2016, 09:44 PM
Ramsay Bolton must die!

I think the ultimate Game of Thrones troll job would be if he were somehow to get out of this season alive.

R.J
05-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Ramsay Bolton must die!

I think the ultimate Game of Thrones troll job would be if he were somehow to get out of this season alive.
I doubt it, but even if he does I'm not concerned; he's not the main enemy or even Jon's main enemy - the Night's King is. I'm loving this season though - things are finally starting to come together and the Starks will finally get their revenge. Going to be interesting to see how Tyrion and Dany get involved in the fight. I think Jaime will undoubtedly join the fight as well - they've changed a big part of his storyline though.

R.J
05-19-2016, 12:18 AM
Ramsay Bolton must die!

Funny enough while walking my dog (not sure why I think about random things when I walk him, but anyways); I thought about the show runners and/or Martin killing Jon and reviving him one more time. It could fulfill one of the many prophecies I suppose, but I still don't think Ramsey will be the one who kills Jon for good. George R.R Martin has stated that "A Song of Ice & Fire" will have a bittersweet ending, which IMO means that Jon and a few others will probably die at the end.

Will
05-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Funny enough while walking my dog (not sure why I think about random things when I walk him, but anyways); I thought about the show runners and/or Martin killing Jon and reviving him one more time. It could fulfill one of the many prophecies I suppose, but I still don't think Ramsey will be the one who kills Jon for good. George R.R Martin has stated that "A Song of Ice & Fire" will have a bittersweet ending, which IMO means that Jon and a few others will probably die at the end.

To Martin, "bittersweet" probably means the White Walkers kill everyone.

R.J
05-19-2016, 11:07 AM
To Martin, "bittersweet" probably means the White Walkers kill everyone.
Zero chance of this happening lol

R.J
05-22-2016, 10:05 PM
uh oh. Don Argo's not going to like tonight's episode.

Will
05-23-2016, 08:44 AM
uh oh. Don Argo's not going to like tonight's episode.

Hodor :(

Bran should follow the signs that say DON'T TOUCH

R.J
05-23-2016, 02:16 PM
For anyone interested - I found out that we will see the second part to the "Tower of Joy" this season, with the revelation that most die-hards have been expecting for years. I don't want to be too spoilery, so I'll leave it at that.

Hodor :(

Bran should follow the signs that say DON'T TOUCH
I'm still confused as to how Bran can alter the past if he's seeing a vision through the tree's "eyes". Also was the Hodor holding the door the real Hodor or Bran ? It seemed like it switched to the real Hodor then the Wylis in the past got jumbled up.

On a side note; I'm pissed off that there's only 2 direwolves left.

Will
05-23-2016, 03:27 PM
I think what happened was that Meera was pleading for Bran to warg into present-day Hodor, but because Bran was "observing" in the past there was some sort of weird-ass time travel paradox and Wylis got affected as well. Time travel is supposed to make your head hurt and this was no exception. This revelation has spawned plenty of theories including:

(i) that Bran and Brandon the Builder are one and the same;
(ii) Bran was the voice in the Mad King's head; and
(iii) that Meera may be Jon's twin sister.

R.J
05-23-2016, 04:12 PM
I think what happened was that Meera was pleading for Bran to warg into present-day Hodor, but because Bran was "observing" in the past there was some sort of weird-ass time travel paradox and Wylis got affected as well. Time travel is supposed to make your head hurt and this was no exception. This revelation has spawned plenty of theories including:

(i) that Bran and Brandon the Builder are one and the same;
(ii) Bran was the voice in the Mad King's head; and
(iii) that Meera may be Jon's twin sister.
I'm always kind of skeptical with time travel and "changing history".
The first two make a lot of sense. The third I never really thought of, but it could make sense considering both Howland Reed and Eddard were both at the Tower of Joy. It would also explain why Meera looks more Stark than Reed. Although in the books Meera is one year older than Jon, so..........

Will
05-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Meera hasn't really been presented as a major character though, which may work against the theory, but then again the entire House Reed is mysterious. Perhaps I glossed over something, but you never hear them mentioned as one of the major northern houses. You got to figure that being Ned Stark's best friend has to get you more prestige than that.

R.J
05-23-2016, 04:17 PM
Meera hasn't really been presented as a major character though, which may work against the theory, but then again the entire House Reed is mysterious. Perhaps I glossed over something, but you never hear them mentioned as one of the major northern houses. You got to figure that being Ned Stark's best friend has to get you more prestige than that.
Just edited my post to add something I forgot - Meera is a year older than Jon in the books, but things have changed in the show. Is is safe to assume you know who Jon really is ? Not sure if you've also read the books or not.

Will
05-23-2016, 04:23 PM
Just edited my post to add something I forgot - Meera is a year older than Jon in the books, but things have changed in the show. Is is safe to assume you know who Jon really is ? Not sure if you've also read the books or not.

I know who Jon really is.
Maybe that's why House Reed wants to stay in the shadows. Ned Stark cannot because he is the heir to a major house, but Meera is the Luke of the twins.

R.J
05-23-2016, 04:29 PM
I know who Jon really is.
Maybe that's why House Reed wants to stay in the shadows. Ned Stark cannot because he is the heir to a major house, but Meera is the Luke of the twins.
I can see where the idea is coming from, but in the books Aegon is alive - thus being the third head of the dragon, but as I said Meera does look Stark born. There's also speculation that Tyrion is a Targaryen bastard; which TBH I find hard to believe.

The one question I actually have left in the show and anthology is - who would be Dany's heir ?
Seeing as she can't have children and I don't see Jon staying alive after the war.

Will
05-23-2016, 04:32 PM
The heir to the throne is a question that I cannot answer.

R.J
05-23-2016, 04:39 PM
The heir to the throne is a question that I cannot answer.
Yeah, it's a question I've had since Dany was first told that she couldn't have children anymore and as I said I just don't see Jon living at the end.

R.J
05-23-2016, 04:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ePO5JXVULM

Not liking how arrogant Dany is becoming - eventually her Dragons or a pyre won't be close by lol.

Will
05-23-2016, 04:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ePO5JXVULM

Not liking how arrogant Dany is becoming - eventually her Dragons or a pyre won't be close by lol.

Nah, she's pretty much invincible to the show runners I think.

Will
05-23-2016, 04:51 PM
Incidentally, I'm not nearly as engaged by Arya's story as I have been in the past. She's simply started to be overshadowed by Bran and Sansa I feel in terms of the Stark children plots.

R.J
05-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Nah, she's pretty much invincible to the show runners I think.
I liked Dany in the beginning, but the last 2 books and 3 season I haven't been a fan. She gets taken by the Dothraki so easily, but is only strong when fire or her dragons are around. Another issue I have is Azor Ahai is suppose to wield lightbringer - can you honestly see Dany wielding a long sword ? lol

While Dany will end up being Queen of the entire world - I think we know who will do most of the fighting.

Will
05-23-2016, 04:55 PM
I suppose it wouldn't really be Game of Thrones if your feelings for a certain character didn't bounce around like a yo-yo. Personally, I hated Jaime Lannister in the first few seasons, but then I realized he isn't such a bad guy. I liked Tywin Lannister for awhile because he would stand up to Joffrey, and then hated him when he did what he did to Tyrion. I even feel a bit sympathetic towards Cersei (even if she is as evil as she ever was).

R.J
05-23-2016, 04:56 PM
Incidentally, I'm not nearly as engaged by Arya's story as I have been in the past. She's simply started to be overshadowed by Bran and Sansa I feel in terms of the Stark children plots.
Arya's story will get really interesting again - it's pretty clear she isn't "no one" and Arya soon will make a choice (the actress) that ultimately leads her back to Westros and Nymeria.
BTW how'd you feel about the play scene ? Not going to lie it got to me a bit seeing Arya watched what happened to her father all over again.

Will
05-23-2016, 04:59 PM
Arya's story will get really interesting again - it's pretty clear she isn't "no one" and Arya soon will make a choice (the actress) that ultimately leads her back to Westros and Nymeria.
BTW how'd you feel about the play scene ? Not going to lie it got to me a bit seeing Arya watched what happened to her father all over again.

That and they portrayed Ned like a buffoon.

I had no feelings either way towards the scene--it did serve an important purpose though as it stood to remind Arya that she is someone.

R.J
05-23-2016, 04:59 PM
I suppose it wouldn't really be Game of Thrones if your feelings for a certain character didn't bounce around like a yo-yo. Personally, I hated Jaime Lannister in the first few seasons, but then I realized he isn't such a bad guy. I liked Tywin Lannister for awhile because he would stand up to Joffrey, and then hated him when he did what he did to Tyrion. I even feel a bit sympathetic towards Cersei (even if she is as evil as she ever was).
Felt the same about Jaime - the bathroom scene completely altered what I thought about him - his reaction to Ned being stabbed in the leg while they were fighting was a great part as well.
I've never disliked Jon, Tyrion, or Arya. Loved Bran, but a little miffed that he killed Hodor. Loathed Sansa in the beginning, but love what she's becoming.

R.J
05-23-2016, 05:00 PM
That and they portrayed Ned like a buffoon.

I had no feelings either way towards the scene--it did serve an important purpose though as it stood to remind Arya that she is someone.
She still has "needle" hidden as well.

R.J
05-26-2016, 09:30 PM
Tower of Joy - Lightsaber battle. Brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTJEZXtr94

Will
05-26-2016, 09:55 PM
Watching all those people react (sadly) to Hodor.

I suspect everyone will be jumping for joy in a few weeks when Ramsay buys the farm.

R.J
05-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Yup. I was also saddened to see Hodor pass, but what a revelation.
Ramsey vs. Jon will happen in the last two episodes from what I've heard. Expect another Stark to die.

Will
05-28-2016, 07:46 AM
Yup. I was also saddened to see Hodor pass, but what a revelation.
Ramsey vs. Jon will happen in the last two episodes from what I've heard. Expect another Stark to die.

I heard Episode 9, and yes I fully expect another Stark to buy it.

R.J
05-28-2016, 06:13 PM
I heard Episode 9, and yes I fully expect another Stark to buy it.
It's not one of the important Starks so it's okay lol.

Will
05-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Oh, Danerys I hate you.

R.J
05-29-2016, 10:14 PM
Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Daenerys anymore.............
Even though I expected it - I was happy to see Benjen back and Arya "reunited" with Needle. Tommen is such an idiot.

By the way Don Argo good call on the Jon vs. Ramsey battle being episode 9 - I just the title for the episode lol.

Will
05-29-2016, 10:18 PM
Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Daenerys anymore.............
Even though I expected it - I was happy to see Benjen back and Arya "reunited" with Needle. Tommen is such an idiot.

By the way Don Argo good call on the Jon vs. Ramsey battle being episode 9 - I just the title for the episode lol.

I don't deserve much credit. HBO has had a terrible time containing spoilers this season and I'm none who for whatever reason isn't bothered by them.

Emilia Clarke's acting in this scene is what tipped the scales for me.

R.J
05-29-2016, 10:47 PM
HBO has had a terrible time containing spoilers this season and I'm none who for whatever reason isn't bothered by them.
I tried to avoid spoilers this season due to it being the first without a book for reference, but it was hard. I eventually saw a slew of them that all came to be true. Funny enough the title was released awhile ago and surprisingly I missed it - though it wouldn't have made much of a difference - the big episodes are almost always episode 9.

Emilia Clarke's acting in this scene is what tipped the scales for me.
I always thought Emilia played Dany well for the most part; even though I liked the character less with each passing season, but there are times where she clearly struggles. I just didn't like the whole Dany storyline this week, but I've been struggling with her character and story arc for quite some time.

Will
05-29-2016, 11:03 PM
It seems like Danerys is constantly put in a position where nothing seemingly bad happens to her.

Thickest plot armour ever.

R.J
05-30-2016, 12:35 AM
It seems like Danerys is constantly put in a position where nothing seemingly bad happens to her.

Thickest plot armour ever.
Biggest reason I dislike her so much.

R.J
05-30-2016, 04:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq-97rH6P_8

R.J
06-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Anyone get the feeling that Lady Stoneheart will show up ?

Next week's episode trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIOiAfEIk_g

Will
06-07-2016, 06:43 PM
I honestly think she's out of the TV adaption.

R.J
06-08-2016, 03:37 PM
I honestly think she's out of the TV adaption.
You're probably right and I've had the same feeling for a few seasons now, but they're bringing up the Brotherhood as of late - almost as if they're building up for something. Most likely just my hope and imagination running.

R.J
06-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Episode 9 "The Battle of the Bastards" will have a running time of 60 minutes. Episode 10 (Season Finale) “The Winds of Winter” will have a runtime of 69 minutes.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/06/game-of-thrones-season-6-finale-will-be.html

R.J
06-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Loved certain parts of this week's episode; didn't care for some others. Favourite character arc this week was Arya hands down.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/58da957c41db72686d02be89efb650e7/tumblr_o8ov6zzjaB1s2791bo1_500.gif
https://66.media.tumblr.com/b860c5b2a0c79db5e3cf8a8c8d329dad/tumblr_o8ov6zzjaB1s2791bo2_500.gif

So hyped to see next week's episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOzsR8Pk3TE

Will
06-13-2016, 06:30 PM
At least the Khaleesi didn't speak this week (2 in a row!). A

R.J
06-13-2016, 10:23 PM
At least the Khaleesi didn't speak this week (2 in a row!). A
And she most likely won't appear in next week's episodes either. Hooray!

Will
06-14-2016, 08:20 AM
And she most likely won't appear in next week's episodes either. Hooray!

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire episode was at Winterfell.

R.J
06-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Is it Sunday yet ?

Will
06-18-2016, 01:35 AM
Is it Sunday yet ?

I'm not sure if I've looked as forward to a GoT episode than I have for Sunday's episode. Knowing what might happen is enough to get me really excited.

R.J
06-18-2016, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure if I've looked as forward to a GoT episode than I have for Sunday's episode. Knowing what might happen is enough to get me really excited.
Could not possibly agree more with this ^.

R.J
06-19-2016, 10:21 PM
Unreal episode tonight. The battle was amazing - the cinematography and music score were brilliant. Surprisingly I even enjoyed the Meereen scenes for the most part.

Season Finale next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MehJaeTVrxI

Ron
06-20-2016, 11:51 PM
Recap: Battle

- Army plots to recreate the Battle of Cannae

- Other side actually recreates the Battle of Cannae after emotional outburst

- Climax of the Battle for Helms Deep

- That Chick was on fire

- Alpo

In conclusion: Ned Stark raised some idiot boys but the girls are legit badasses.

R.J
06-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Not sure if you know this or not Ron, but David and Dan (the showrunners and E.P's) purposely meant to recreate Roman battles. I disagree with the notion that Ned raised "idiots". Robb won a lot of battles, and essentially lost because he was betrayed by the Frey's. Jon has protected the wall, and later went up against White Walkers and wights. If anything they're very similar to Ned - too honorable. Robb married Talisa in the show out of love and honor and Jeyne in the books out of honor. It's pretty clear that Jon is getting tired of fighting, but does so out of honor and the whole Rickon thing was Jon trying to protect his family (Ned has done something similar). While Sansa is clearly playing the game and less emotional than her siblings - Arya is still emotional and that was proven by her declining to be no one.

Ron
06-21-2016, 03:36 PM
If anything they're very similar to Ned - too honorable.

That's a good perspective. OK, not idiots.

R.J
06-21-2016, 03:37 PM
That's a good perspective. OK, not idiots.
Now Cersei's kids.......................... they're idiots lol

R.J
06-21-2016, 07:22 PM
A must watch IMO. They really did do a phoenominal job with "The Battle of the Bastards".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B93k4uhpf7g

Ron
06-22-2016, 12:41 AM
That was good. Must admit I liked the smile when it happened.

Will
06-22-2016, 08:39 PM
I don't know if I've ever been as satisfied over the death of a television character as I was over the death of Ramsay Bolton. Kudos have to be given to the actor who played him as he did an excellent job. Even the Mereen scenes didn't offend me.

R.J
06-22-2016, 08:54 PM
Good thing for that Argonauts game tomorrow and the rest of the CFL schedule this weekend, because I'm getting anxious about the finale already..................... Tower of Joy part 2.

Ron
06-27-2016, 02:31 AM
Not a bad thing to say about last nights episode

R.J
06-27-2016, 01:27 PM
Amazing episode overall. Only complaints I have were #1. Arya didn't get enough screen time and #2. The timeline was confusing - Varys was in Dorne then with the Queen's fleet pretty quickly, it took Bran a long time to get to the Wall, Arya got to Westros pretty quickly, etc.

Loads of positives though.
- Cersei's annihilation of her enemies was brilliant and expected, but I didn't expect Tommen to bite the dust the way he did.
- Loved the Jamie scenes. The Walder Frey scene was great and the look he (Jamie) gave Cersei was brilliant - clearly he's not okay and knows what's about to come.
- Dany and Tyrion scene was one of the best scenes I have seen on television.
- Arya getting her revenge for all the Starks was bone chilling.
- Tower of freaking Joy Part 2! While expected it was still great to see, and the transition to Jon was well done. Anyone else notice the "bleeding star" ?
- The King in the North scene was pretty much parallel to Robb's, but very important to the overall story.
- The EP's and casting director did a phenomenal job of hiring Bella Ramsey to portray Lyanna Mormont. She really is a scene stealer (in a good way).
- Sansa and Littlefinger's scene was creepy, but it flowed with the story. Sansa is clearly playing the game, but seems to be conflicted with Jon; maybe when she finds out his name............... things will change.
- Sam and the library. The Library was absolutely stunning.
- Olenna, "Barbaro" and the Sand Snakes lol
- The musical score throughout the finale.

Will
06-28-2016, 08:15 AM
Amazing episode overall. Only complaints I have were #1. Arya didn't get enough screen time and #2. The timeline was confusing - Varys was in Dorne then with the Queen's fleet pretty quickly, it took Bran a long time to get to the Wall, Arya got to Westros pretty quickly, etc.

Loads of positives though.
- Cersei's annihilation of her enemies was brilliant and expected, but I didn't expect Tommen to bite the dust the way he did.
- Loved the Jamie scenes. The Walder Frey scene was great and the look he (Jamie) gave Cersei was brilliant - clearly he's not okay and knows what's about to come.
- Dany and Tyrion scene was one of the best scenes I have seen on television.
- Arya getting her revenge for all the Starks was bone chilling.
- Tower of freaking Joy Part 2! While expected it was still great to see, and the transition to Jon was well done. Anyone else notice the "bleeding star" ?
- The King in the North scene was pretty much parallel to Robb's, but very important to the overall story.
- The EP's and casting director did a phenomenal job of hiring Bella Ramsey to portray Lyanna Mormont. She really is a scene stealer (in a good way).
- Sansa and Littlefinger's scene was creepy, but it flowed with the story. Sansa is clearly playing the game, but seems to be conflicted with Jon; maybe when she finds out his name............... things will change.
- Sam and the library. The Library was absolutely stunning.
- Olenna, "Barbaro" and the Sand Snakes lol
- The musical score throughout the finale.

I had read the spoilers and Tommen's death had been leaked. Qyburn has his "children of the corn" was really creepy and well done. I think Jamie will end up killing Cersei at some point because of what she did (incest or no incest), he killed the Mad King for thinking of "burning them all" and in the meantime Cersei has gone ahead and "burned them all."

R.J
06-28-2016, 01:27 PM
I had read the spoilers and Tommen's death had been leaked. Qyburn has his "children of the corn" was really creepy and well done. I think Jamie will end up killing Cersei at some point because of what she did (incest or no incest), he killed the Mad King for thinking of "burning them all" and in the meantime Cersei has gone ahead and "burned them all."
Yeah, I tried to avoid spoilers as much as I could this year, so it really did surprise me, not as it was happening obviously, but I wouldn't have predicted it. Qyburn and the child were creepy, but I'm glad Pycelle bit the dust lol. Jamie is the reason that Cersei knew about the wildfire, so I do wonder if he also feels shame for what Cersei did. I don't expect Cersei to live in the end as the witch foretold what will happen to Cersei (who believed Margery was the younger Queen foretold). I could see it being Jamie who kills her................... but I don't want to be too spoilery. Dun, dun, duuunnnn!

Ron
06-28-2016, 04:27 PM
I think the Mad King's version of burn them all was different than Cersei's. She knew they were going to execute her as a powerplay to take full power. She limited the damage to the enemies of state.

I liked how Cersei wasn't broken up over the King killing himself. Little bastard turned on her already and deserved his fate. Now she lives by the adage ... if you want something done right ...

R.J
06-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Cersei knew all her kids would die before her though, and it looks like she just doesn't care anymore. She has one thing left fueling her now - lust for power.

I couldn't get enough of the episode; I think I may have to watch it again lol. I waited 9 years for the Tower of Joy and it didn't disappoint. Actually it gave me just a little more (bleeding star in part 1&2 and lightbringer). Even the musical score, which for some reason I never truly appreciated until this season has been brilliant. This season is probably my favourite overall.

Ron
06-29-2016, 02:12 AM
That Tower of Joy was interesting. Having not read the books I wondered what you were so looking out for. If I understood it correctly ... Jon Snow is way bigger part of this story than I thought.

R.J
06-29-2016, 01:25 PM
That Tower of Joy was interesting. Having not read the books I wondered what you were so looking out for. If I understood it correctly ... Jon Snow is way bigger part of this story than I thought.
Yup. Essentially I was looking for confirmation as to who Jon Snow really is. There's a lot more to it though, so for anyone reading this that doesn't want to get spoiled; I'd suggest not reading the rest of my post.

The novel series written by George R.R. Martin is called "A Song of Ice & Fire", which is a big hint as to who Jon Snow really is. The Tower of Joy wasn't mentioned by name in the show, but the books bring it up a couple of times. One of the biggest questions around the show and books is "who are Jon Snow's parents ?". The biggest reasoning behind this is that Ned never actually says that Jon is his son, just that he's of his blood. At the cross roads where Ned and Jon go separate ways Jon asks Ned about his mother and Ned's reply is that the next time they see each other he'll tell Jon of his mother. So even that leads to a question - why Ned want Jon to "say the words" of the Night Watch ? If he's Ned's Bastard it wouldn't have mattered.................. Unless of course he isn't Ned's bastard. In the beginning we're lead to believe that Rhaegar kidnaps and rapes Lyanna, which leads to the war; however, Oberyn's conversation with Tyrion gives a hint of something different. Oberyn tells Tyrion that the last time he was in King's Landing that there was a tournament at Harrenhall and that Rhaegar "ran off" with another women. Barristan Selmy tells Daenerys her brother was a good man and loved singing not fighting. Ser Barristan also acknowledges that Rhaegar would have made a good king. Dany also has a vision of Rhaegar dying and whispers Lyanna's name before he dies; which is a another hint that Rhaegar didn't kidnap and rape Lyanna, but that he loved her.

In the books Lyanna is hesitant to marry Robert (her betrothed) because she knew what he was - a whoring drunk. What is also mentioned in the books that Rhaegar married Elia Martell because of an arrangement; however Elia becomes barren after giving birth to Aegon (their second child - first was a girl name Rhaenys). Rhaegar then says "There must be another. The Dragon has three heads". In the books Dany has a vision of this and Rhaegar singing the song of ice & fire - in the show Dany see's the throne room full of snow, a blue flower and when she leaves the throne room she's "transported" to the wall, so yet another big clue.

Rhaegar and his father the Mad King did not see eye to eye and one of the reasons Aerys was so paranoid was because he thought even his sons would be after the throne. Which is true, because Rhaegar thought his father was a terrible King and if he won the war - Rhaegar promised that "things would change". Rhaegar is also big on prophecies as he initially thought it was he who was the "Prince that was Promised", but eventually realizes that he is not and that it's one of his children who will be. Rhaegar believes it to be Aegon due to the comet he sees prior to Aegon birth. Part of the prophecy is that a "bleeding star" will proceed the Prince that was promised/Azor Ahai reborn. This bit was very interesting to me, because we get to see it when Jon is born, not a comet but the sword that Ned takes with him to see Lyanna. The sword is known as Dawn and is said to have been made from a fallen star; it is the ancestral greatsword of House Dayne. The wielder of the sword is known as "Sword of Morning". The sword has blood on it when Ned takes it up the Tower of Joy, so it could be seen as part of the prophecy. Another thing worth mentioning it that Ser Arthur Dayne wasn't just part of Rhaegar's Royal Guard, but also his best friend and the greatest swordsman at the time............ So why would Rhaegar ask Arthur to protect the Tower and what's inside; instead of going with Rhaegar to fight ?

Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Not sure yet if Jon is legitimate or not, but the Targaryens did practice polygamy in the past. Even if Jon is a bastard it really isn't that big of a deal as Dany could legitimize him. Dany is one head of the Dragon and the "true dragon"; hence why she is immune to fire. Jon isn't immune to fire and has "Stark abilities" (warging), but that shouldn't stop him from being able to ride a dragon since he is of dragon blood. Azor Ahai seems to be more than one person as Jon is the song of ice & fire, who is thought will bring balance back to realm and a bleeding star proceeds his birth. Dany however is the one who awoke the "stone dragons" and was born on Dragonstone.

Essentially now there's two questions left when it comes to Jon. #1. Is Jon legitimate ? and #2. Jon's name I suppose. I think it'll end up being Jaehaerys; which would make a lot of sense. Jaehaerys I is considered the best king to ever rule the Seven Kingdoms; his rule brought peace, stability and justice to the realm. Another thing worth mentioning is that Jaehaerys' wife Alysanne was his most trusted counselor and she was so moved by the bravery of the Night's Watch that she convinced her husband to double the Night's Watch in terms of land, castles and men. So if Jon's name really is Jaehaerys; it would link him even more with the wall and the North.

There's more to it, but I can't remember it all right now, so hopefully it helps. Apologies to anyone who was spoiled, but I did warn yeah.

R.J
06-30-2016, 12:54 AM
HBO Confirms seasons 7 and 8. According to David and Dan (the EP's and Showrunners) there will be 13-15 episodes split between the two seasons.

Ron
07-04-2016, 04:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFy1Jbdv7sQ

R.J
07-04-2016, 01:44 PM
So Ron, I take it you understand how important Jon is now ?

Ron
07-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Yes. Should be fun.

R.J
07-10-2016, 08:06 PM
So, I've been rewatching Game of Thrones from Season 1 and completely forgot about a foreshadow. In season three; when Sam and Gilly are close to the Wall and Sam tries to explain to Gilly about the Wall and some of the Castles, Sam brings up the name Jaehaerys I. Seemed like nothing when I originally saw it lol.

Ron
07-14-2016, 04:03 PM
Samuel L Jackson baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4gEJ_ED98

R.J
07-14-2016, 06:21 PM
^ lmao

R.J
07-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Season 7 will consist of 7 episodes and will air in the Summer of 2017.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/07/game-of-thrones-season-7-confirmed-as.html

ArgoGabe22
07-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Strong language lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XAAp_luluo0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ron
08-02-2016, 01:03 AM
Some of these are pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFdquXir9FY

R.J
08-05-2016, 03:34 PM
CTV will air the first season starting next Monday. They say it's uncut, but considering each episode is over 50 minutes (HBO doesn't air commercials) and the amount of nudity in the show, I do find it a bit hard to believe.

Will
08-05-2016, 03:40 PM
CTV will air the first season starting next Monday. They say it's uncut, but considering each episode is over 50 minutes (HBO doesn't air commercials) and the amount of nudity in the show, I do find it a bit hard to believe.

That's hysterical!

It reminds me of a MAD TV sketch on The Sopranos. It satirized The Sopranos as aired on FX and cut-out all the swearing and all that. I think CTV also aired The Sopranos too.

R.J
08-05-2016, 05:22 PM
That's hysterical!

It reminds me of a MAD TV sketch on The Sopranos. It satirized The Sopranos as aired on FX and cut-out all the swearing and all that. I think CTV also aired The Sopranos too.
IIRC, the Showcase channel aired the first couple of seasons (GOT), and they were edited.

Ron
08-16-2016, 01:36 AM
This was cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8hExR0NXGI&list=PL1AXWu-gGX6IcOGt0yaA9Cd_hkt_TwQlC&index=3

R.J
11-03-2016, 02:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0jSP1Pwrtc

7dj83r8f78t4alf8