PDA

View Full Version : CIS scheduling question

KCargosfan
03-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Is there a reason they don't play more games than 8? I would think they would want to play at least 10, or is it the weather that comes into play? Could they move the start of the season back into mid-August?

ArgoRavi
03-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Is there a reason they don't play more games than 8? I would think they would want to play at least 10, or is it the weather that comes into play? Could they move the start of the season back into mid-August?

Classes don't usually begin at universities in Canada until shortly after Labour Day and that is about the time that the CIS season begins. It can't really begin any earlier than that simply because school doesn't start that early. And, of course, it can't go any later than it presently does because of the weather.

KCargosfan
03-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Classes don't usually begin at universities in Canada until shortly after Labour Day and that is about the time that the CIS season begins. It can't really begin any earlier than that simply because school doesn't start that early. And, of course, it can't go any later than it presently does because of the weather.

That makes sense. I guess they could pull what Northwestern and some of the Pac 12 schools do who are on the trimester schedule and don't usually start classes until Sept. 20th-ish, and have the football players on campus 6 weeks before the rest of the student body? I'm just guessing the players and coaches would like to play more than 8.

Argocister
03-28-2012, 07:39 AM
Training camps start, depending on the league ( Ont. Que., West and Atlantic) first to third week of Aug. It looks like most of the teams are playing an exhibition game. Que.(RESQ) plays 9 regular season games with 6 teams. Four qualify for playoffs.Ont. (OUA)play 8 regular season games but they have 9/10 teams of which 6 teams qualify for the playoffs. The west are 6 teams with four qualifying and the Atlantic (AUS) are 4 teams with 3 qualifying. The AUS just started having per-season games last year.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8