PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Bombers, now have boy-cheerleaders

argonaut11xx
03-28-2012, 07:59 AM
OK..maybe im old school..but this is just NOT right in Pro Sports...

boy cheerleaders?

dont they have a parade for that kinda stuff?

If a PRO football team wants to have something for the female fans to drool over, PROMOTE the damn players, not some "twinkle toed dancing boys"..geesh

The Cheerleaders are a male domain, totally and completely politically incorrect, and that why men LOVE them.

boy cheerleaders...i'd barf if i saw them at an Argo game...

Will
03-28-2012, 08:00 AM
It's not new...I think the Vikings had them in the early 1990's...NCAA schools have them...

argonaut11xx
03-28-2012, 08:08 AM
I said PRO teams...

college is different...

Seriously, whats is the point of a man as a cheerleader?.....its just wrong...

How many GUYS want to see MEN cheerleaders?...(i'd guess you could round up all the supporters at that parade in july)...

Argofan87...do you want Argo-boy cheerleaders? (i sure the F#CK dont)

Do the women fans want this, hell, they got the entire Argo's team to oggle over...(real men at that)

The Cheerleaders are there to ADD sex appeal to a testosterone filled event (Football)..

This just bugs the hell outa me,

argomANIA
03-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Actually the Eskimos have them as well. I think it's cool. The routines they do are pretty good. They have the strength to toss the girls up in the air and other cool cheerleading moves. Our girls only dance around a few times on the field. The Eskimos Cheerleaders are constantly doing flips and tosses on the sidelines.

I like our cheerleaders...but it's nice to have something different also. I don't see anything wrong with male cheerleaders. I'm not there to watch them...I'm there to watch the game. But it's fun

argonaut11xx
03-28-2012, 08:46 AM
I dunno..if i wanna watch gymnastics, and boy-cheerleaders...i'll go to a NCAA game...not a PRO football game

guess im old-school... I think Boys should want to be Football Players, not football cheerleaders

cant get my head around men who want to dress up in shiny costumes covered in sequins...probabaly never will.

argomANIA
03-28-2012, 12:10 PM
I dunno..if i wanna watch gymnastics, and boy-cheerleaders...i'll go to a NCAA game...not a PRO football game

guess im old-school... I think Boys should want to be Football Players, not football cheerleaders

cant get my head around men who want to dress up in shiny costumes covered in sequins...probabaly never will.

You're just jealous that they get to look up the girls skirts and get paid for it!

argonaut11xx
03-28-2012, 01:43 PM
You're just jealous that they get to look up the girls skirts and get paid for it!

HAHA...Ania..... wouldnt that be a great thing to get paid for doing...wow....

Sadly though...the kinda boy who wants to be a cheerleader, probably wont be interested in looking up those skirts....

backer@oldclarke
03-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Actually the Eskimos have them as well. I think it's cool. The routines they do are pretty good. They have the strength to toss the girls up in the air and other cool cheerleading moves. Our girls only dance around a few times on the field. The Eskimos Cheerleaders are constantly doing flips and tosses on the sidelines.
The cheerleader team of the Eskimos have also done very well in competition down south too.

T-Bone
03-28-2012, 02:26 PM
OK..maybe im old school..but this is just NOT right in Pro Sports...

boy cheerleaders?

dont they have a parade for that kinda stuff?

If a PRO football team wants to have something for the female fans to drool over, PROMOTE the damn players, not some "twinkle toed dancing boys"..geesh

The Cheerleaders are a male domain, totally and completely politically incorrect, and that why men LOVE them.

boy cheerleaders...i'd barf if i saw them at an Argo game...
Being of the "old school" does not justify homophobic comments. Why do you assume that all male cheerleaders are gay?

argonaut11xx
03-28-2012, 02:32 PM
T-Bone....please show me just one father who would rather have his son become a football-cheerleader, over a football player...

the term male-cheerleader...yikes...

its the truth...dont be a lefty , and try and sugar coat this with political correctness

T-Bone
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
T-Bone....please show me just one father who would rather have his son become a football-cheerleader, over a football player...
Why do you assume that every striaght male wants to be a football player? What if the kid enjoys watching football but doing gymnastics and for him being a male cheerleader is the best of both worlds? What loving parent wouldn't want to support their child doing something that they enjoy?

the term male-cheerleader...yikes...
Why?

its the truth...dont be a lefty , and try and sugar coat this with political correctness
This is about treating people with respect and not having them feel bad about something they want to do.

Do the women fans want this, hell, they got the entire Argo's team to oggle over...(real men at that)
Why would being a male cheerleader make someone less of a man?

I think Boys should want to be Football Players, not football cheerleaders
What you think doesn't matter when it comes to someone else's personal choice as to what they want to do and their happiness. They also shouldn't have to listen or read that they are less of man or whatever other demeaning thing you can think of.

ArgoRavi
03-28-2012, 03:45 PM
T-Bone, don't tell him that there have been gay football players. :)

ArgoRavi
03-28-2012, 03:46 PM
It's not new...I think the Vikings had them in the early 1990's...NCAA schools have them...

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I am pretty sure that the Argos had male cheerleaders in the mid 1990s. Does anyone else remember that?

T-Bone
03-28-2012, 03:50 PM
T-Bone, don't tell him that there have been gay football players. :)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4gVylthyHAQ/TUu0B-HfzCI/AAAAAAAAAAM/70jSHU4bvdk/s1600/881289-blowmind_super.jpg

marcwagz
03-28-2012, 04:04 PM
its a good thing
guys are stronger, can throw girls farther, makes for better cheer displays.

have you never seen any of those crappy bring it on movies?

R.J
03-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Without getting involved in this debate I will say that I'm probably the least politically correct person out there, but I prefer co-ed cheerleading, I have no use for dance squads and I'd rather see lifts and flips than what we see today in both the CFL and NFL.

ArgoGabe22
03-28-2012, 04:15 PM
There is a difference between cheerleading and dance teams. Males are used to catch and throw the girls and yell through horns, hold signs/letters like the Western Mustangs Cheer Team. The Argos have more of a dance team. Men catching women in a pyramid shouldn't be a problem. Don't worry I don't think they'll have a male dance team doing whatever routines the Blue Thunder do.

T-Bone
03-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Just a tip. If you don't want to get involved in a debate just leave this part out:

Without getting involved in this debate I will say that I'm probably the least politically correct person out there
And start with this instead:

I prefer co-ed cheerleading, I have no use for dance squads and I'd rather see lifts and flips than what we see today in both the CFL and NFL.
I wouldn't say I'm the most politically correct person either. I tried to ignore argonaut11xx comments but I just couldn't. Saying that male cheerleaders are inferior men and implying they must be gay is just wrong. Please people don't misunderstand me. I meet argonaut11xx at the last Argo Fans Meet Up and we got along just fine. He's a nice guy but these comments are a little misguided.

shayman
03-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I am pretty sure that the Argos had male cheerleaders in the mid 1990s. Does anyone else remember that?

1994, there was a co-ed squad called "The Tide." Lasted one season. (I remember hearing the game-day coordinator on the radio talking about this new group and that got me thinking - hmm, I wonder if they'd like to have a band too? And I called her up and she said "Well, so long as it doesn't cost anything, sure." The birth of Argonotes right there.)

1argoholic
03-28-2012, 06:24 PM
The Eskimos have had them for years and they toss around those cute little Eskimo cheerleaders. When you see them at Grey Cup parties they are all so tiny. But you can't have 6 footers being tossed in the air. The guys aren't exactly little sucks. You have to be a strong guy to toss people way up in the air. Argos used to have them back in the day.
I'm not sure why dance teams are called cheerleaders. Toronto has a dance team.
When you go to Ann Arbor to watch the Michigan Wolverines it's the guys who are called cheerleaders because they have the huge pylons they yell through and the gals are pompom girls. That's old school and tradition. I like it personally.

argofandave
03-29-2012, 12:33 AM
My father once told me that when he went to Queen's University (BSc 1950), McGill only had male cheerleaders.

Midnight Blue
03-29-2012, 12:47 AM
1994, there was a co-ed squad called "The Tide." Lasted one season. (I remember hearing the game-day coordinator on the radio talking about this new group and that got me thinking - hmm, I wonder if they'd like to have a band too? And I called her up and she said "Well, so long as it doesn't cost anything, sure." The birth of Argonotes right there.)

Oh, cool. Very, very Cool. The birth of the Argonotes.

Thanks for the History.

argolio
03-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I am pretty sure that the Argos had male cheerleaders in the mid 1990s. Does anyone else remember that?Yeah, and I was not a fan. Glad it only lasted one year.

Can't believe ArgoDave hasn't jumped all over this topic.

Midnight Blue
03-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Here's a group of guys practising for Cheerleader try-outs, coming up;

Piece of Cake.

Any of us guys can do it....

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnXAQkGr5CI&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnXAQkGr5CI&feature=related)

argonaut11xx
03-29-2012, 07:23 AM
wow...

i guess your only "allowed" an opinion IF you side with the politcally correct. Otherwise T-Bone brands you...

Well here go's nothing....

I LOVE cheerleaders with huge BOOBS...great a$$...and freaky moves...NOT MEN doing the same kinda thing...

So, being as i dont like boy cheerleaders, or boy figureskaters...im an outcast...

lucky me.......

hehe......."Girly Men" (Thanks Arnold)

T-Bone
03-29-2012, 08:18 AM
wow...

i guess your only "allowed" an opinion IF you side with the politcally correct. Otherwise T-Bone brands you...

Well here go's nothing....

I LOVE cheerleaders with huge BOOBS...great a$$...and freaky moves...NOT MEN doing the same kinda thing...

So, being as i dont like boy cheerleaders, or boy figureskaters...im an outcast...

lucky me.......

hehe......."Girly Men" (Thanks Arnold)
You don't like male cheerleaders, that's fine. Implying that every male cheeleader is a homosexual or that they are not a "real man" because they are a male cheerleader is not.

argonaut11xx
03-29-2012, 08:29 AM
T-Bone...

I CAN imply whatever i like, cause its a free country, and we all are entitled to believe whatever we want....

Freedom T-Bone, its means...... you CAN have a homosexual parade...and i can NOT like it, and say so.....thats how it works....

So...i'll take the politcally incorrect BUXOM female's with pom pom's, and the daily sunshine girls, etc...

No worries.......

T-Bone
03-29-2012, 08:38 AM
T-Bone...

I CAN imply whatever i like, cause its a free country, and we all are entitled to believe whatever we want....

Freedom T-Bone, its means...... you CAN have a homosexual parade...and i can NOT like it, and say so.....thats how it works....

So...i'll take the politcally incorrect BUXOM female's with pom pom's, and the daily sunshine girls, etc...

No worries.......
I never said you couldn't. You're free to disrespect who every you wish. I said it was wrong.

paulwoods13
03-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Those who deride others for being gay, as if there is something wrong with being gay, diminish only themselves. argonaut11xx is correct, it's a free country and people are free to believe what they wish. But I stand with T-Bone on this.

argonaut11xx
03-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Paulwoods13....the entire homosexual lifestyle debate, is not for this forum.....

My only point is IMO Cheerleaders should be women, sexy, busty, hot, sultry women...a side show full of sex appeal for the folks who attend Argo games...they should all be built like that beautiful dark haired lady in section 109 (i think) who brings her pom pom's to most games.

T-Bone
03-29-2012, 09:49 AM
My only point is IMO Cheerleaders should be women, sexy, busty, hot, sultry women...a side show full of sex appeal for the folks who attend Argo games...they should all be built like that beautiful dark haired lady in section 109 (i think) who brings her pom pom's to most games.
Now it is and that is not what I had an issue with.

the entire homosexual lifestyle debate, is not for this forum.....
Yet you brought it up by implying that all male cheerleaders are homosexuals. Even after your post was deleted you thought it appropriate to post it again.

argonaut11xx
03-29-2012, 09:55 AM
i never noticed my post was deleted...but hey..you have that power...only one side (yours) gets posted, and the alternate arguement, gets deleted...why..because its NOT what you and your buddy(moderator) agree with...
"oh yea...YOU are really openminded to each side of an arguement" (hypocrite)...
then you just go crying to a mod everytime YOUR offended...dont be so soft,

T-Bone
03-29-2012, 09:59 AM
i never noticed my post was deleted...but hey..you have that power...only one side (yours) gets posted, and the alternate arguement, gets deleted...why..because its NOT what you and your buddy(moderator) agree with...
"oh yea...YOU are really openminded to each side of an arguement" (hypocrite)...
then you just go crying to a mod everytime YOUR offended...dont be so soft,
Argofans.com Forum Rules (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?2-Argofans.com-Forum-Rules&p=2#post2)

argonaut11xx
03-29-2012, 09:59 AM
I never said you couldn't. You're free to disrespect who every you wish. I said it was wrong.

FYI...i DISAGREE with that lifestyle....so if thats disrespect, so be it...

Frankly its against my beliefs, so maybe in the "world of T-Bone"..im the one being disrepected....but im not that sensitive, and i'm open to both sides of any debate, no matter how repugnant

argonaut11xx
03-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Ok...T-Bone...

You actually are a nice person, and thought so when we met up at kelseys...ive had my rant...and my beliefs are firm...but as i said, this forum is not the place.

We are obviously very opposite in our values, and beliefs, but the common demoninator is that we are both bigtime Argofans...lets get back to that...

"pull together"

T-Bone
03-29-2012, 10:19 AM
FYI...i DISAGREE with that lifestyle....so if thats disrespect, so be it...

Frankly its against my beliefs, so maybe in the "world of T-Bone"..im the one being disrepected....but im not that sensitive, and i'm open to both sides of any debate, no matter how repugnant
You're entitled to believe whatever you wish. I believe I can fly, but it doesn't make it so. I'm also open to all sides of debate but I'm not tolerant of homophobia, racism, etc. I'm proud to live in a country where homosexuals have equal rights.

Ok...T-Bone...

You actually are a nice person, and thought so when we met up at kelseys...ive had my rant...and my beliefs are firm...but as i said, this forum is not the place.

We are obviously very opposite in our values, and beliefs, but the common demoninator is that we are both bigtime Argofans...lets get back to that...

"pull together"
I agree lets get this thread back on topic. I have no issue with male cheerleaders and I think adding some to the Argos cheer squad could enhance the entertainment.

argonaut11xx
03-29-2012, 10:28 AM
I agree lets get this thread back on topic. I have no issue with male cheerleaders and I think adding some to the Argos cheer squad could enhance the entertainment.

I agree with getting back on topic.....(you love always getting the last word dont ya?)
hehe....
the NEXT meet and greet is gonna be a barn burner....

ticatfan
03-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Those who deride others for being gay, as if there is something wrong with being gay, diminish only themselves. argonaut11xx is correct, it's a free country and people are free to believe what they wish. But I stand with T-Bone on this.

Agreed with Paul. Standing with T-Bone

Argocister
04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
So putting this thread back on topic.
I agree that the Argos have a dance team..... But if it's good for the fans it's good for the Argos.
I like the cheer leading squads, and enjoy watching those they bring in at some half times. ...like the Cambridge Sharks. it's great watching the athletic abilities. Things I could never do.
Don't know if some of you heard Marc Cohons interview on TSN, but apparently he was a cheerleader at college in Michigan. I think we should get him doing some cheer leading moves for a fundraiser.

1argoholic
04-02-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't understand in this day and age what the big bloody deal is about gays. There are gays in the world so who gives a flying rats ass. I always thought that the more gay guys meant more ladies for the straight guys. The only thing I don't get is mans fashionation with lesbians. THEY LIKE OTHER LADIES, NOT MEN!!!
I would think a guy who got into cheerleading would be brilliant being able to not only hang out with sweet young gals but get nicely up close and personal. Plus these guys are not little sucks. The guys are in serious shape to be tossing these girls around.
It must be a difficult world to live in with hangups about stupid shite like what gender other people like. It must be seriously hard to be an over the top religious christian bumpkin. Thankfully I don't care how people live unless they are harming others.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8