PDA

View Full Version : Stamps locked up Coach/GM Hufnagel to 5 YEAR extension

R.J
03-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Roger Millions ‏ @RogMillions
John Hufnagel renewed for 5 years as Hc and GM of Stamps

Calgary Stampeders ‏ @calstampeders
Breaking news: Stamps head coach/GM John Hufnagel receives five-year contract extension #calstampeders #YYC #CFL

That is a pretty crazy term, can't remember the last time I saw a coach or a GM sign a deal like that.

ArgoRavi
03-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Hufnagel is an excellent coach and doesn't seem like a bad GM either. He was the guy I was hoping Obie would hire to be the Argos' head coach back in '95. I don't see a downside to this move for the Stamps. If the players tire of Huf as head coach or vice versa, he can just appoint Dave Dickenson as the HC and boot himself upstairs.

gilthethrill
04-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Hufnagel is an excellent coach and doesn't seem like a bad GM either. He was the guy I was hoping Obie would hire to be the Argos' head coach back in '95. I don't see a downside to this move for the Stamps. If the players tire of Huf as head coach or vice versa, he can just appoint Dave Dickenson as the HC and boot himself upstairs.

Me too Ravi. Did Mike Faragelli (now RB coach at U of Richmond) get the job & last 7 games or so? At least we had Don Matthews part II from 96-98. Huf eventually went on to have a good coaching career with the now defunct New Jersey Red Dogs in the AFL.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8