PDA

View Full Version : Orridge : CFL developing video game and bigger fantasy games

R.J
05-21-2016, 01:29 PM
http://www.rodpedersen.com/2016/05/orridge-cfl-developing-video-game-and.html

"We understand that the consumers who we need to connect with - especially that next generation of fans - that's where they are," Orridge told hosts Drew Edwards and Steve Milton. "We're working on that pretty hard, in terms of getting a game together and making sure it's the right play at the right time with the right opportunity. That's an ongoing conversation that we have and we're working towards it."

"We have the Pick Em game, that we started last year and we're going to continue to develop and improve that," Orridge said. "But we're also working towards a bigger platform in fantasy because we know there's an appetite for it. We know that's what consumers want and we are responsive to our fans.

The story is based from the interview gave over on TSN 1150 that I posted in this thread (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?4113-Commissioner-Orrdige-on-TSN-platforms), but deserves it's own thread IMO. While I don't play the TSN fantasy game; I believe at the very least TSN and the League need to do a better job at promoting it, also bring in a different sponsor (currently Moore's) IMO. A video game has been talked about for years and I read somewhere that an independent 3rd party is also trying to develop a CFL game. Considering a lot of games on available "on the cloud", maybe that's the way for the League to get 'er done; should save on some of the costs. Getting Microsoft (current League sponsor) and Playstation involved are absolute musts - Nintendo as well considering kids are their biggest users.

PullTogether73
05-21-2016, 02:47 PM
Interestingly, the only sports fantasy game I play is the CFL weekly roster game and of course the weekly Pick 'Em for choosing the winners of the games.
These games are easy to understand, play, and don't take a tonne of analysis and time.
Don't have to make "trades" or watch the waiver wire and all that other crap.
And now that I am on this forum, it's fun playing in the Argofans group.

Btw, what is wrong with Moore's as a sponsor?
There are only so many corporations in Canada, and even less who have an interest in sponsoring the CFL. I wouldn't be criticizing one who has been with the league faithfully for many years.

R.J
05-21-2016, 08:07 PM
Btw, what is wrong with Moore's as a sponsor?
There are only so many corporations in Canada, and even less who have an interest in sponsoring the CFL. I wouldn't be criticizing one who has been with the league faithfully for many years.
Nothing really, but I think they need a prize that's more gender neutral - a vacation (which TSN does for the NFL fantasy league) would be better than a Joseph Aboud (?) suit.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8