PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating at BMO Field

Pages : [1] 2

Neely2005
05-25-2016, 10:57 AM
"The one attraction the Boatmen are really banking on is tailgating, which will be allowed in areas around BMO Field this season.

The only catch is it isn’t BYOB due to Ontario liquor laws. Beer will be sold at “very fair prices,” according to Copeland, and patrons are allowed to bring their own food and barbecues. There will be areas for games of catch and other attractions.

Copeland and his team are doing everything they can to put the fun back in Argos football.
“We can’t just rest on the stadium alone,” Copeland said. “While it is going to be spectacular, it’s everything we’re doing around the stadium that’s really going to augment it for us this year. And that begins with tailgating.”

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/05/16/argonauts-set-to-unveil-new-branding

So I've never been part of a real tailgate before. What should we expect?
What should we bring?
Will there be a tailgate at the preseason game?
Will there be a tailgate at the games during the CNE?
Where specifically will the tailgate take place?
How will it work?
How much will alcoholic beverages cost?
What kind / brands of alcoholic beverages will be available?
Will the police be hassling people who partake?

Lots of questions I know but hopefully we can discuss and find out some of the answers and post them here.

Kenners
05-25-2016, 11:26 AM
will there be cider? i can't drink beer :( lol

T-Bone
05-25-2016, 11:40 AM
What should we bring?
I recommend camping chair(s) at minimum. Obviously a BBQ and food if you plan to cook. Non-alcoholic beverages, a football, etc.

Will there be a tailgate at the preseason game?
I'm sure the Argos will let us know.

Will there be a tailgate at the games during the CNE?
Doubtful, as I don't think they're will be space. Besides tons of great stuff to enjoy during those games at the CNE.

Where specifically will the tailgate take place?
I'm sure the Argos will let us know but my guess would be the parking lot located on the east side of the stadium.

How will it work?
I'm sure the Argos will let us know.

How much will alcoholic beverages cost?
For TFC pre-games they offer small Budweiser draft for $5. Again, I'm sure the Argos will let us know.

What kind / brands of alcoholic beverages will be available?
If I remember correctly they didn't have much variety for TFC pre-game but again, I'm sure the Argos will let us know.

Will the police be hassling people who partake?
Unless you give them a reason, I don't see why they would. As the article said it will be a licensed area.

Will
05-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Given that it'll be a licensed area, people who try to do their own thing would likely be hassled by the police in some fashion.

ArgoZ
05-25-2016, 12:09 PM
Having a licensed area means controlled access, most likely a fenced off area. It will be interesting to see if actual tailgates (vehicles) will be allowed in that area, which will have to be quite large if they are. The Police will be there to monitor who is driving home and hopefully not any fights.

Neely2005
05-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Yeah IIRC I remember reading that they plan to have a tailgate area for vehicles and one for people who don't drive to BMO Field.

ArgoGabe22
05-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Like Angelo once said, I'm not much into the tailgating either. I'm there for the game. To each their own and anything to create a buzz is good for the team.

T-Bone
05-25-2016, 12:25 PM
Yeah IIRC I remember reading that they plan to have a tailgate area for vehicles and one for people who don't drive to BMO Field.
My guess for the non-drivers the area will be on the north side of the stadium between BMO Field and the Food Building. That is where the TFC pre-game is currently held.

Brian45
05-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Either way tailgating is a long time coming. Once upon a time we had a small legit tailgate in the parking lots that the new Delta Hotel and PWC building at Bremner and York now occupy. They allowed bbq and beer and police never bothered us. That was over a decade ago now.

ArgoFan1
05-25-2016, 05:01 PM
I'll never understand why the difference between the laws in Hamilton and Toronto, as in Hamilton, you take your own beer and drink at your car, sit in your lawn chairs and make or take your own food. I've been doing that for years in Hamilton. They do it every single game and the police just walk around and never hassle anyone. I am just wondering since they say you have to buy their beer, if you have to drink it within a certain area or can you take your beer back to the car?? If you cannot have it at the car, where your food is, then what is the point??? That's not real tailgating. I love the tailgates in Hamilton, but really it is not a deal breaker for me with the Argos, as I go for the game. I'll probably take the car in for the first game and see what the traffic situation is like before I decide to drive in again. I recall the nightmare of parking at the Ex when the Argos and Blue Jays played there. I was not 100% happy to see the Argos go back there.

Brian45
05-25-2016, 05:23 PM
From my understanding on what I have read is that there will be a lot or lots that will be deemed licensed and you will be able to set up your tailgate at your car ad you would in hamilton. The difference being that you'll be buying beer through the Argos in said parking lots. I don't know how that distribution will work or if you'll be able to buy a case or just individuals or what. The other reason it's different than Hamilton is that Police won't be able to look the other way when if its not licensed because it's the CNE grounds and a public lot and they even have a station on the grounds. Again I used to drink and tailgate at a private lot for a few years near the Dome with zero hassle.

Neely2005
05-25-2016, 05:46 PM
I'll never understand why the difference between the laws in Hamilton and Toronto, as in Hamilton, you take your own beer and drink at your car, sit in your lawn chairs and make or take your own food. I've been doing that for years in Hamilton. They do it every single game and the police just walk around and never hassle anyone. I am just wondering since they say you have to buy their beer, if you have to drink it within a certain area or can you take your beer back to the car?? If you cannot have it at the car, where your food is, then what is the point??? That's not real tailgating. I love the tailgates in Hamilton, but really it is not a deal breaker for me with the Argos, as I go for the game. I'll probably take the car in for the first game and see what the traffic situation is like before I decide to drive in again. I recall the nightmare of parking at the Ex when the Argos and Blue Jays played there. I was not 100% happy to see the Argos go back there.

The Ontario liquor laws are the same province wide. Hamilton police may choose to be more lenient than Toronto police when it comes to enforcing those laws.

Brian45
05-25-2016, 06:14 PM
^That's exactly it. I've tail tagged for TFC before, they do come around and look for booze.

Argoknot
05-29-2016, 12:12 PM
Argonauts open doors to tailgating, with a Toronto twist (https://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2016/05/28/argonauts-open-doors-to-tailgating-with-a-toronto-twist.html)
Because of existing liquor laws, an Argos official says the team will be selling the liquor but promises to make them affordable.
Sean Fitz-Gerald Sports Reporter thestar.com May 28, 2016

In Toronto, a city where alcohol and professional sports have endured a glacial courtship, where Major League Baseball once housed its only dry stadium — not one dry section; an entirely alcohol-free park — one team is introducing a beer-tinged tradition in the hope of sparking renewed interest while also attracting younger fans.

The Argonauts want to tailgate.

For the first time, the team is planning a real pre-game tailgate, where fans are allowed to park their cars, pull out their barbecues and grill their own food. Beer, a key ingredient in the process, will be permitted as the team opens its debut season at BMO Field.

There is one catch.

“Our liquor laws prevent people from bringing their own beer,” said Michael Copeland, the team’s president and chief executive. “But other than that, it will be true in all other respects.”

The team will sell the beer. Copeland said the Argos are still finalizing the prices, as well as the brands that will be available for purchase, but stressed the idea the team is trying to create an “accessible experience” for fans and that “overpricing for beer just shoots us in the foot.”

“When people experience it, they’re not going to think, ‘Oh, I wish I could have brought my semi-warm case of beer in with me,’ ” he said. “We’re going to price it affordably, because again it has to be an authentic experience.”

Special zones will be reserved for tailgating within the lots at Exhibition Place, as well as Ontario Place. Copeland said the team has not finalized the parking rates, but suggested a modest premium would be levied on the designated tailgating zones.

He said there would be a minimum of 250 tailgating spaces for each regular season home game, but felt that number could swell to 1,000 depending on demand and availability at both venues. (Duran Duran is scheduled to play the Molson Canadian Amphitheatre on July 13, the night Toronto hosts Ottawa, creating a crunch on available parking spaces.)

Copeland said access to the tailgating section will likely be made available through a presale process. The team is planning a trial run at its pre-season game against Hamilton on June 11, building to the main launch 12 days later, at its regular season home-opener.

“We’ve got a very, very strong core fan base, but it does skew older,” Copeland said. “And we need to bring in new fans, probably more urgently than most sports teams.”

The Argos have been working with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, the government organization that administers the Liquor Licence Act. Copeland has also had talks with Toronto Mayor John Tory, as well as Exhibition Place, Mothers Against Drunk Driving and others with a stake in the process.

Beer sales will end 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Cars entering the special tailgate area will be searched for contraband alcohol. It will be open to all ages, with Copeland envisioning children throwing a football around with parents.

“It’s starting to take shape as an opportunity to do something that might get more people out to watch CFL football, which is their goal, and do it in a respectful way that’s not going to put others at risk,” said Andrew Murie, chief executive of MADD Canada. “The worst possible scenario is someone gets hurt and that’s one of the outcomes we don’t want.”

Tory, the former CFL chairman, said the team has his “full support” to run a tailgate.

“I wanted to make it work both because I thought it was a sane way for responsible adults to entertain themselves, but also because I wanted to try and help the rebirth of the Argos,” he said. “I have the CFL in my blood both from being a fan as a boy, but also of being the chairman and the commissioner in days when it was pretty dark.”

Having struggled for years to build a fan base at Rogers Centre, the team needs to spark new interest in its new home. Earlier this month, the Argos dispatched players to a bar in nearby Liberty Village — an enclave of young professionals — behind the rallying cry of, “Who wants sangria?”

Tailgating has been a staple of football for generations in the United States, both at the collegiate and professional levels. Several versions have been attempted around Toronto, but usually revolving around a pedestrian area featuring expensive beer.

Part of that is tied to Ontario’s liquor laws, which have deep historical roots.

“There was a large population who felt that a lot of things were immoral,” said Dr. Ron Stagg, a professor in the department of history at Ryerson University. “And they were particularly immoral on Sundays, because Sunday was supposed to be reserved only for worshipping.”

In Ontario, until the late 1950s, Stagg said the government tied the purchase of alcohol to a kind of passport. One side would list the customer’s personal information, and the other would list their purchases.

“If you bought too much,” Stagg said, “they would ban you.”

In 1977, as the Blue Jays were preparing to make their big league debut, the Ontario government announced it would not allow beer to be sold at Exhibition Stadium. Fans were unhappy — sometimes chanting “We want beer” in the stands — but the protest never quite evolved into outrage.

“To be honest with you, they didn’t know any better,” said Howard Starkman, a long-time Blue Jays employee now working as a consultant with the team. “Most of the people who came to our games just really didn’t realize they were missing anything, other than people saying you were supposed to have a beer and a hotdog at a baseball game.”

Beer finally broke through in 1982.

The tailgate has taken a bit longer.

“Why it wasn’t done before? I can’t answer that question,” Copeland said. “I think, perhaps, people just didn’t pursue it to the extent that they may have been able to.”

Neely2005
05-29-2016, 02:01 PM
Hopefully it's Less than $5 for a regular sized beer.

Will
05-29-2016, 03:38 PM
I think as long as people behave then they'd consider expanding the tailgate. However, I don't believe that they would hesitate to shut it down if people abused it.

Kenners
05-30-2016, 04:34 PM
So i've never been to a tailgating event, i'm new to football in general i'm stoked. like many new Argo fans, I have no idea what to expect or even what the protocols are for going to a tailgate....I also don't plan on driving most times to games which may be a detriment lol but still...

i know tailgating will be different here in TO so no one can tell us how it'll be, but i figured stories of how tailgating events elsewhere will help give a good idea....what are some tips, tricks, expectations and unwritten rules?

Invader
05-30-2016, 08:03 PM
"Search every vehicle for contraband"...do they do this at tailgates in Buffalo too and wouldn't this contravene our constiltutional rights (presumption of innocence)? Sorry, wrong country, I guess...we do things differently in We the North. :)

A 100% markup for beer sounds reasonable enough for Canadian sensibilities, so I'll predict a $4.00 price on "beer". So what if you don't like beer, will they offer wine, coolers, hard drinks and Bud, for example?

Neely2005
05-30-2016, 09:48 PM
"Search every vehicle for contraband"...do they do this at tailgates in Buffalo too and wouldn't this contravene our constiltutional rights (presumption of innocence)? Sorry, wrong country, I guess...we do things differently in We the North. :)

A 100% markup for beer sounds reasonable enough for Canadian sensibilities, so I'll predict a $4.00 price on "beer". So what if you don't like beer, will they offer wine, coolers, hard drinks and Bud, for example?

They don't need to search vehicles in Buffalo because you can bring your own beer. Also if it's private property you have to follow their rules. I'm not sure if the CNE grounds are considered private property or not though.

PullTogether73
05-31-2016, 03:40 AM

Bud isn't a beer?

T-Bone
05-31-2016, 07:42 AM
Bud isn't a beer?
No, it's the "King of Beers."

AngeloV
05-31-2016, 09:22 AM
Bud isn't a beer?

Does nobody on here get humour?

I find myself in the rare position of giving props to Invader. That was funny.

T-Bone
05-31-2016, 10:00 AM
Humour is subjective. My previous post was a joke in case that wasn't clear.

AngeloV
05-31-2016, 10:03 AM
Humour is subjective. My previous post was a joke in case that wasn't clear.

Funny, I don't recall responding to your previous post.

T-Bone
05-31-2016, 10:10 AM
Funny, I don't recall responding to your previous post.
I wasn't implying you didn't get that my post was a joke or that you were replying to me. My main point was, humour is subjective. Also the written word has limitations when it comes to humour. As Double Dare pointed out "It's all in the delivery. (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?4182-quot-Toronto-hasn-t-won-a-championship-in-pro-sports-since-1993-quot&p=86423&viewfull=1#post86423)" but that can be difficult to catch in written form.

AngeloV
05-31-2016, 10:21 AM
I wasn't implying you didn't get that my post was a joke or that you were replying to me. My main point was, humour is subjective. Also the written word has limitations when it comes to humour. As Double Dare pointed out "It's all in the delivery. (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?4182-quot-Toronto-hasn-t-won-a-championship-in-pro-sports-since-1993-quot&p=86423&viewfull=1#post86423)" but that can be difficult to catch in written form.

Good point. Maybe we should put it to a vote. Do you want to contact other members, or shall I?

Will
05-31-2016, 10:25 AM
I don't known whether to laugh or cry at this point!

Double Dare
05-31-2016, 12:04 PM
Bud isn't a beer? No, it's donkey piss. Ha, ha.

Double Dare
05-31-2016, 12:06 PM
As Double Dare pointed out "It's all in the delivery. (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?4182-quot-Toronto-hasn-t-won-a-championship-in-pro-sports-since-1993-quot&p=86423&viewfull=1#post86423)" but that can be difficult to catch in written form. Not a truer word spoken (written).

Argoknot
05-31-2016, 12:16 PM
I don't known whether to laugh or cry at this point!Man, you sure seem to go through a lot of emotional turmoil over some pretty trivial stuff on this website.

argonaut11xx
05-31-2016, 12:43 PM
I don't known whether to laugh or cry at this point!

Just have a Bud (or 7)

PullTogether73
05-31-2016, 06:43 PM

I find myself in the rare position of giving props to Invader. That was funny.

If it didn't have an upper case "B", I would have gotten it.
As written, no.

Neely2005
06-01-2016, 08:01 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/14wbpkx.png

Neely2005
06-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Grey Cup information perhaps?

argofan81
06-01-2016, 10:15 AM
There was a snippet about the BIG news coming today from the Argos on CP24 this morning. From what I was able to gather, the BIG news is referring to info. about tailgaiting.

argofan81
06-01-2016, 11:16 AM
I just received the following email from the Argos about tailgating:

"We are thrilled to announce to you that we are bringing tailgating to every home game at BMO Field this year.

We are making the announcement official later today at a media event, but wanted you to hear it from us first.

For every game this year, we will have a tailgate area at Ontario Place with a minimum of 250 parking spots. This has the potential to expand by hundreds of additional parking spots at Ontario Place, and across the street at Exhibition Place, for certain games depending on what other events are happening on the grounds.

In this licensed tailgate area, fans will be able to park their cars, bring their own charcoal and propane BBQs and prepare their own food, purchase ice cold beer for $4 each, play games and socialize with other season seat holders and fans.

Beyond that the experience, atmosphere and traditions are left entirely up to you to create.
<tbody class="x_mcnCaptionBlockOuter">

<tbody>

<tbody>
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/419a4a2db0b6526a856c41a88/images/9c34224f-caad-4bca-bbaa-336232f8459e.jpg

</tbody>

<tbody>

Starting this FRIDAY, JUNE 3 at 10:00am we are pleased to offer our valued season seat holders an exclusive opportunity to purchase parking spots in the tailgate area. Further details on how to purchase parking spots in the tailgate area will be shared via email shortly.

</tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>
The parking spots will be sold in full regular season passes at Ontario Place and a half-season passes at Exhibition Place. The pre-season game will be sold separately.

Parking spots will be sold with a $5 premium on normal event parking rates for a total of $30 at Ontario Place and $35 Exhibition Place.

Argos Tailgate 101

Minimum of 250 parking spots in a licensed area at Ontario Place Lot #1 for every game
Hundreds of additional parking spots may become available at Ontario Place and Exhibition Place for certain games (depending on other events on site)
Beer will be sold in the licensed area for $4.00 each
Other beverages, like coolers, will also be made available
Fans are not permitted to bring their own alcohol due to provincial liquor regulations
Propane and charcoal BBQs will be permitted. Propane tanks can be no larger than 20 lbs
The designated tailgating parking lots will open at least three hours prior to kickoff
Parking spots will be sold with a $5.00 premium on normal event parking rates - $30 at Ontario Place and $35 Exhibition Place and will need to be purchased in advance as part of a season pass (at Ontario Place) or half-season pass (at Exhibition Place)
Season seat holders will have the first opportunity to purchase tailgating parking spots
A limited number of parking spots will be reserved for sale to the general public during the week leading up to the game
As additional parking spots become available for certain games, season seat holders will have the first opportunity to purchase spots

We will be making a limited number of tailgating parking spots available for the pre-season game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Saturday, June 11. Parking spots for this game will be sold individually and will also be offered exclusive to you, our season seat holders, on Friday, June 3 at 10am.

Exhibition Place Schedule (Half-Season Tailgate Parking Pass)

Thursday, June 23 Hamilton Tiger-Cats (Home Opener)
Monday, July 25 Montreal Alouettes
Sunday, Sept 11 Hamilton Tiger-Cats (Labour Day Rematch)
Monday, Oct 10 Calgary Stampeders (Thanksgiving Monday)
Saturday, Oct 15 Saskatchewan Roughriderss"

Neely2005
06-01-2016, 11:25 AM
We are thrilled to announce to you that we are bringing tailgating to every home game at BMO Field this year.
We are making the announcement official later today at a media event, but wanted you to hear it from us first.

*Starting this FRIDAY, JUNE 3 at 10:00am we are pleased to offer our valued season seat holders an exclusive opportunity to purchase parking spots in the tailgate area. Further details on how to purchase parking spots in the tailgate area will be shared via email shortly.
The parking spots will be sold in full regular season passes at Ontario Place and a half-season passes at Exhibition Place. The pre-season game will be sold separately.
Parking spots will be sold with a $5 premium on normal event parking rates for a total of $30 at Ontario Place and $35 Exhibition Place.
Argos Tailgate 101
Minimum of 250 parking spots in a licensed area at Ontario Place Lot #1 for every game
Hundreds of additional parking spots may become available at Ontario Place and Exhibition Place for certain games (depending on other events on site)
Beer will be sold in the licensed area for $4.00 each
Other beverages, like coolers, will also be made available
Fans are not permitted to bring their own alcohol due to provincial liquor regulations
Propane and charcoal BBQs will be permitted. Propane tanks can be no larger than 20 lbs
The designated tailgating parking lots will open at least three hours prior to kickoff
Parking spots will be sold with a $5.00 premium on normal event parking rates - $30 at Ontario Place and $35 Exhibition Place and will need to be purchased in advance as part of a season pass (at Ontario Place) or half-season pass (at Exhibition Place)
Season seat holders will have the first opportunity to purchase tailgating parking spots
A limited number of parking spots will be reserved for sale to the general public during the week leading up to the game
As additional parking spots become available for certain games, season seat holders will have the first opportunity to purchase spots
We will be making a limited number of tailgating parking spots available for the pre-season game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Saturday, June 11. Parking spots for this game will be sold individually and will also be offered exclusive to you, our season seat holders, on Friday, June 3 at 10am.
Exhibition Place Schedule (Half-Season Tailgate Parking Pass)
Thursday, June 23 ***** Hamilton Tiger-Cats (Home Opener)
Monday, July 25********* Montreal Alouettes
Sunday, Sept 11********* Hamilton Tiger-Cats (Labour Day Rematch)
Monday, Oct 10********* Calgary Stampeders (Thanksgiving Monday)
Saturday, Oct 15******** Saskatchewan Roughriderss
For every game this year, we will have a tailgate area at Ontario Place with a minimum of 250 parking spots. This has the potential to expand by hundreds of additional parking spots at Ontario Place, and across the street at Exhibition Place, for certain games depending on what other events are happening on the grounds.
In this licensed tailgate area, fans will be able to park their cars, bring their own charcoal and propane BBQs and prepare their own food, purchase ice cold beer for $4 each, play games and socialize with other season seat holders and fans.
Beyond that the experience, atmosphere and traditions are left entirely up to you to create.

Neely2005
06-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Hopefully they have a good selection of beers to choose from!

Neely2005
06-01-2016, 12:04 PM
There was a snippet about the BIG news coming today from the Argos on CP24 this morning. From what I was able to gather, the BIG news is referring to info. about tailgaiting.

CP24 is going to be covering the Press Conference in a few minutes.

Neely2005
06-01-2016, 12:08 PM
CP24 is going to be covering the Press Conference in a few minutes.

It's live now on CP24.

1argoholic
06-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Good new for more of a social gathering for fans who wish to do so however it's typical Toronto. Enjoy your $4 Blue and Canadian PISS!! I've tailgated in Ann Arbor before Wolverine games, and both in Baltimore and Sacramento before Argo games. Just on foot and enjoying handouts of food and alcohol from great fans. This TO thing seems too structured. Hopefully no fools get nailed drinking and driving and thus shutting the scene down before it really gets going. They're trying at least.

R.J
06-01-2016, 12:29 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mayor John Tory and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> President Michael Copeland cooking up some burgers at Toronto&#39;s new tailgate spot. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cfl?src=hash">#cfl</a> <a href="https://t.co/zSVKODch3x">pic.twitter.com/zSVKODch3x</a></p>&mdash; Kate Pettersen (@KatePettersen_) <a href="https://twitter.com/KatePettersen_/status/738038839718121473">June 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/paulosenra">@paulosenra</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CFL_News">@CFL_News</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnTory">@JohnTory</a> doesnt hurt to have a photo op either.</p>&mdash; Hammyahol (@hammyahol) <a href="https://twitter.com/hammyahol/status/738042368797069312">June 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nice to see the <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a> use Facebook Live for today’s announcement. $4 beers at the tailgate seems reasonable. Can’t wait! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a></p>&mdash; Jaime Stein (@jaimestein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jaimestein/status/738041176410980352">June 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

1argoholic
06-01-2016, 12:38 PM
I'd rather drink piss then Bud, Canadian, Blue or any other mass marketed SWILL!! I've been a reformed beer drinker since 02. I used to think Canadian and Kokanee were beers.
I'd happily pay $4 for Hockley Valley Dark or Amber, Black Oak Nut Brown or Amsterdam's Downtown Brown. They should get a great local place like Amsterdam to bring their beers and set up a big old BQ because their burgers kick arse.

R.J
06-01-2016, 02:06 PM
http://www.argonauts.ca/tailgating/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-argonauts-tailgate-party-beer-1.3610638
http://www.tsn.ca/argonauts-announce-tailgating-coming-to-bmo-field-1.499336
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/toronto-argonauts-tailgating-plan-aimed-at-creating-paradise-in-a-parking-lot-173900716.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Beer will be sold in the licensed area for $4.00. Other beverages, like coolers, will also be made available <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> <a href="https://t.co/6kfRT7HmJ7">pic.twitter.com/6kfRT7HmJ7</a></p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts PR (@Argonauts_PR) <a href="https://twitter.com/Argonauts_PR/status/738051884762566656">June 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tailgating is a right of passage for football fans. We're bringing that culture to <a href="https://twitter.com/BMOField">@BMOField</a> for <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a> games <a href="https://t.co/BZN2Er8rfy">pic.twitter.com/BZN2Er8rfy</a></p>&mdash; John Tory (@JohnTory) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnTory/status/738055787168169985">June 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Propane/charcoal BBQs will be allowed. Tailgating spots will open 3 hours prior to kickoff. <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a></p>&mdash; NEWSTALK1010 (@newstalk1010) <a href="https://twitter.com/newstalk1010/status/738054490247598080">June 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> officially bring tailgating to <a href="https://twitter.com/BMOField">@BMOField</a> this season: <a href="https://t.co/Sdcedn2Gva">https://t.co/Sdcedn2Gva</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFLTC?src=hash">#CFLTC</a> <a href="https://t.co/0nafnauJ7l">pic.twitter.com/0nafnauJ7l</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a></p>&mdash; CFL News (@CFL_News) <a href="https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/738046731338801153">June 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

R.J
06-01-2016, 02:28 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ArgosFootball/videos/vb.109718199060797/1217338991632040/

and for anyone who doesn't have facebook
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1gqGvAnYBEjKB

Rich
06-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Well, not being able to bring your own beer sucks, but $4 isn't too bad, where else can you buy a beer that cheap?

R.J
06-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Well, not being able to bring your own beer sucks, but $4 isn't too bad, where else can you buy a beer that cheap?
The rippers on Tuesdays ?

Rich
06-01-2016, 04:17 PM
And can we assume they mean $4 including tax?

R.J
06-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Copeland on Overdrive starts around 25 minute mark
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/overdrive-hour-1-1.499678

ArgoGabe22
06-01-2016, 05:12 PM
So Argos make money off of tailgating but nothing off of concessions sold in BMO?

R.J
06-01-2016, 05:15 PM
So Argos make money off of tailgating but nothing off of concessions sold in BMO?
The Argonauts don't get concessions ?

Jumbo
06-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Long time supporter.....about 5 games a year. Our group of four guys bought season tickets this year for the BMO experience and the ability to get together and tailgate. I've been to a few TFC games and a full BMO stadium looks awesome. Add an afternoon of barbecue/music/and a few beers and it should be a blast. We are looking forward to this season and are purchasing our portable BBQ and awning this week. Our tickets are in sec. 226 and we hope to see a full lot come the season opener! We will be working out the tailgate bugs on the 11th, so come by and say "hi" to the group of guys with the brown van.

ArgoGabe22
06-01-2016, 06:06 PM

I've never heard any official word on the matter but the "soccer experts" say no.

R.J
06-01-2016, 06:09 PM
I've never heard any official word on the matter but the "soccer experts" say no.
So MLSE gets it then ? I suppose that isn't too bad considering 2/3's of MLSE own the Argonauts.

Qman
06-01-2016, 06:09 PM

they should get a piece. % depends on the lease with MLSE, my guess its just a carbon copy of TFC's lease with MLSE. in the end, does its matter, its basically the same parties. MLSE has to pay for $140m in renos they just did.
i know the city gets the parking, and thats why they were so excited to get the argos into BMO.

R.J
06-01-2016, 06:11 PM
they should get a piece. % depends on the lease with MLSE, my guess its just a carbon copy of TFC's lease with MLSE.
i know the city gets the parking, and thats why they were so excited to get the argos into BMO.
MLSE and City split the parking from my understanding.

Neely2005
06-01-2016, 06:12 PM
CTV Toronto News is about to run the piece on the announcement.

Qman
06-01-2016, 06:15 PM
MLSE and City split the parking from my understanding.

sorry, yes. should have said city was excited to increased parking revenue.

R.J
06-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Live @noon
<iframe src="https://bmplayer-a.akamaihd.net/shareable/embedssl.html?dc=cp24_web&cid=882112&col=379&w=480&h=270&pl=0&plh=0&adSite=ctv.cp24&adZone=liveatnoon&omniAcct=ctvgmtvecp24desktop,ctvgmglobal&section=talk-shows&site=talk-shows&shareUrl=http://www.cp24.com/talk-shows/live-at-noon&v7=talk-shows&v8=live-at-noon&v9=&v10=" width="480" height="270" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" ></iframe>

On CTV news at noon
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.2926714

R.J
06-01-2016, 07:44 PM
CTV Toronto News is about to run the piece on the announcement.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=882353&playlistId=1.2926714&binId=1.815892&playlistPageNum=1&binPageNum=1

AngeloV
06-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Long time supporter.....about 5 games a year. Our group of four guys bought season tickets this year for the BMO experience and the ability to get together and tailgate. I've been to a few TFC games and a full BMO stadium looks awesome. Add an afternoon of barbecue/music/and a few beers and it should be a blast. We are looking forward to this season and are purchasing our portable BBQ and awning this week. Our tickets are in sec. 226 and we hope to see a full lot come the season opener! We will be working out the tailgate bugs on the 11th, so come by and say "hi" to the group of guys with the brown van.

Welcome aboard Jumbo.

R.J
06-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Toronto Argos sideline reporter Kate Pettersen on Richards 1-4 - starts around 25:10 mark
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/richards-1-4-hour-2-1.499623

TSN segment
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/argos-announce-tailgating-coming-to-bmo-field~882170

Copeland on overdrive video
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/copeland-talks-argos-tailgating-experience~882228

Copeland on Overdrive audio only
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/copeland-talks-argos-tailgating-plans-1.499768

AngeloV
06-01-2016, 08:34 PM
I hope a great time is had by all. I'm not a tailgate guy, but glad it will brighten the Argos experience for many.

R.J
06-01-2016, 08:56 PM
http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/06/01/argos-announce-tailgating-for-2016-season/

"Issues"Mcgee
06-02-2016, 12:59 AM
I have a few takeaways from what was technically yesterday:

I woke up for the late shift and turned on CP24 before work. They were covering the Argos.

I went to work and the horrible top40 radio station mentioned something about the Argos. I was too busy to really listen.

I looked to my phone for the news in the afternoon and I saw two, count em, two new articles about the Argos.

The beauties at CTV news have been gabbing about the Double Blue more than I've ever seen.

Beers at tailgates will be Scarborough dive prices. Love it. I'm home.

It was a great day to be an Argos fan in the off season.

jerrym
06-02-2016, 01:07 AM
[QUOTE=1argoholic;86719 This TO thing seems too structured. [/QUOTE]

You don't seem to like structure very much. Maybe you should also start cheering for the Grande Prairie Northern Anarchy football team.

http://northernanarchyfootball.com

jerrym
06-02-2016, 01:51 AM

Welcome on board the good ship Argo. It's a pretty friendly crew (most of the time, which is better than at a lot sites).

1argoholic
06-02-2016, 07:22 AM
Tailgating isn't generally such a structured event other then planning on what to cook and drink which has been taken off the list. Hey if people want to do it then have fun.

Will
06-02-2016, 08:21 AM
I believe several things about how we got to where we are now vis-a-vis the tailgating:

(i) Exhibition Place was reluctant to allow this at all;
(ii) Copeland didn't go into negotiations with this style of tailgating in mind;
(iii) Exhibition Place was not going to allow Scott Park style tailgating;
(iv) If this goes well maybe it could re-open negotiations in a few years to transition towards more Scott Park style tailgating; and
(v) If people decide to use this "structure" to violate the rules then Exhibition Place won't hesitate to revoke tailgating privileges (such as they are).

S.A.C.
06-02-2016, 08:40 AM
... I'm not a tailgate guy... But - c'mon -- it can't be the authentic football experience (whatever that means) unless you add another three hours of hanging around in a parking lot with a bunch of puking drunk idiots before watching a game that already lasts at least three hours.

PullTogether73
06-02-2016, 10:11 AM
But - c'mon -- it can't be the authentic football experience (whatever that means) unless you add another three hours of hanging around in a parking lot with a bunch of puking drunk idiots before watching a game that already lasts at least three hours.

LOL!
Yah, I have always had the same view of tailgating.
I'm always focused on the game itself though, so the pre-game activities are usually lost on me. 3 hours of living and dying with my team is plenty of activity for me.

Plus, I don't bbq a lot.:D

Argoknot
06-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Copeland on overdrive video (http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/copeland-talks-argos-tailgating-experience~)What a great salesman this guy is. Common sense combined with sincerity, loved his quote about the GC in TO in November. "It's not an Arctic expedition"

Rich
06-03-2016, 01:04 AM
So I've never been part of a real tailgate before. What should we expect?
What should we bring?

There seem to be a lot of timid or uninformed people who think tailgates are for a bunch of sketchy yobs getting hammered and starting fights while cranking the death metal.

Anyone who's been to an NCAA or NFL tailgate knows this is not the case. Anyone who's been to those tailgates on Bremner knows it isn't the case. Tailgates are about good food, good conversation and cold beer. It's a chance to socialize with other fans of the team and share in the excitement of the upcoming game - you got something in common with everyone there. In the States, tailgates attract all walks of life, old people, teenagers, rich and not-rich, you name it. It becomes a ritualized part of the game experience after a while. With our American friends it seems like half the fun of going to a football game is the tailgate, they take it so seriously with some unbelievable BBQ setups.

Good food is a must, but it doesn't have to be BBQ. A lot of people treat it like a picnic and bring salads and sandwiches which is a lot easier than BBQ. Or you could bring some slow-cooked meat and keep it in a warmer for hot sandwiches like our dear old friend Grey Cup Garry used to do. Bring food you love, and bring a little bit extra to share. Bring a large cooler, paper plates, plastic sporks, condiments. You really need a small folding table to put all this stuff on, folding chairs are good but not completely necessary if you don't mind eating, drinking and talking standing for 2-3 hours. On a beautiful day, after a couple of frosties, it's amazing how quickly the time passes.

Double Dare
06-03-2016, 07:20 AM
Tailgating? ... can you actually call this tailgating?

Neely2005
06-03-2016, 08:35 AM
There seem to be a lot of timid or uninformed people who think tailgates are for a bunch of sketchy yobs getting hammered and starting fights while cranking the death metal.

Anyone who's been to an NCAA or NFL tailgate knows this is not the case. Anyone who's been to those tailgates on Bremner knows it isn't the case. Tailgates are about good food, good conversation and cold beer. It's a chance to socialize with other fans of the team and share in the excitement of the upcoming game - you got something in common with everyone there. In the States, tailgates attract all walks of life, old people, teenagers, rich and not-rich, you name it. It becomes a ritualized part of the game experience after a while. With our American friends it seems like half the fun of going to a football game is the tailgate, they take it so seriously with some unbelievable BBQ setups.

Good food is a must, but it doesn't have to be BBQ. A lot of people treat it like a picnic and bring salads and sandwiches which is a lot easier than BBQ. Or you could bring some slow-cooked meat and keep it in a warmer for hot sandwiches like our dear old friend Grey Cup Garry used to do. Bring food you love, and bring a little bit extra to share. Bring a large cooler, paper plates, plastic sporks, condiments. You really need a small folding table to put all this stuff on, folding chairs are good but not completely necessary if you don't mind eating, drinking and talking standing for 2-3 hours. On a beautiful day, after a couple of frosties, it's amazing how quickly the time passes.

Thank you!

Neely2005
06-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Tailgating? ... can you actually call this tailgating?

Why not? Because you can bring everything except alcohol?

$4 beers are reasonable, I just hope that they have some good brands. For mainstream beer Moosehead, Sleeman, Camerons or even Brick (PC) Honey Red would be nice.

T-Bone
06-03-2016, 09:09 AM
Why not? Because you can bring everything except alcohol?

$4 beers are reasonable, I just hope that they have some good brands. For mainstream beer Moosehead, Sleeman, Camerons or even Brick (PC) Honey Red would be nice.
Ya, this is as close as you can get to a traditional tailgate while still complying with Ontario liquor laws. BMO Field's beer contract is with ABInBev and here is a list (http://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/beer) of some of the beers available at BMO Field. I'm not sure if all of those will be available at the tailgate and that is not everything at the stadium. I know Goose Island is also available on draft etc.

Neely2005
06-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Ya, this is as close as you can get to a traditional tailgate while still complying with Ontario liquor laws. BMO Field's beer contract is with ABInBev and here is a list (http://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/beer) of some of the beers available at BMO Field. I'm not sure if all of those will be available at the tailgate and that is not everything at the stadium. I know Goose Island is also available on draft etc.

Thanks, Mill Street is pretty good. Since the main Tailgating is taking place at Ontario Place and not BMO Field I wonder if the Argonauts will be free to sell whatever they want?

I actually think that this method of Tailgating is a pretty nice balance and should help to avoid the drunks that happen in Hamilton.

1argoholic
06-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Tell me football fans aren't going to bring their own booze? I'm not against tailgating at all but how come it's become an essential part of a so called football experience? It wasn't done during the CNE Stadium days.

You can't compare quality craft beer and mainstream piss. The mainstream beers have the huge dollars behind them and the ability to market and hell these companies hold massive market shares. It's very difficult for craft beer companies to get into any sort of event like an Argonaut tailgate. Plus there's plenty of swill drinkers that are afraid to try craft beer. It's easier to go with swill that most people are comfortable with. At this point I can't even drink a Canadian, Blue or the like. It's just that bad. I won't even support the beer store and it's brands.

1argoholic
06-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Notice that Rich said good food,good conversation and cold beer not good beer. He's got that right. Go to Ann arbor Michigan and see a proper tailgate. You'll have some fans getting pissed but the majority will be there enjoying what will be there game day community that will develop.

PullTogether73
06-03-2016, 09:34 AM

Despite not having attended a true tailgate before, I know that the above is not the case.
I saw the remnants of a tailgate at a Northwestern University game I attended last year.
Impressive stuff!
Families and friends basically enjoying a picnic as you say.
Since it hasn't been available in Toronto, I haven't learned to appreciate it.
But that may change with the "New Argonauts". I'll eventually give it a try.

PullTogether73
06-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Tell me football fans aren't going to bring their own booze? I'm not against tailgating at all but how come it's become an essential part of a so called football experience? It wasn't done during the CNE Stadium days.

You can't compare quality craft beer and mainstream piss. The mainstream beers have the huge dollars behind them and the ability to market and hell these companies hold massive market shares. It's very difficult for craft beer companies to get into any sort of event like an Argonaut tailgate. Plus there's plenty of swill drinkers that are afraid to try craft beer. It's easier to go with swill that most people are comfortable with. At this point I can't even drink a Canadian, Blue or the like. It's just that bad. I won't even support the beer store and it's brands.

I think this is at least the third time you've ranted about the potential beer brands available at the Argonauts tailgate.
We get it.
You're a beer snob.
Fine.
It's not going to change anything for this season at least.
And since you won't be attending any Argonauts games, why are you so angry about this?

How about we see how this goes before we condemn it?

Double Dare
06-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Been to great/huge tailgates in Buffalo, Cleveland, etc. ... it's all about having fun whatever way you want. Loud music, booze, BBQ, full dining tables with table cloths, candelabras, & silverware, pick your thing and area. The partiers are in a certain area and the "family-types" are in another. No problem. Cops were there just having fun also.

Double Dare
06-03-2016, 10:06 AM
You're a beer snob.
I'm a beer snob also. Why consume donkey piss, when you can actually enjoy the flavor of what you drink. I'd rather not drink at all when given a choice of Coors, Bud, Blue, Canadian, Keith's, etc. etc..

argofan81
06-03-2016, 10:10 AM
Out of curiosity for those who are planing on tailgating -- are you planning on purchasing the pass for Ontario Place or Exhibition?

Neely2005
06-03-2016, 10:10 AM
I got my Ontario Place Regular Season Parking Pass but the Link for the Preseason Game Parking isn't working. Is anyone else having that issue too?

T-Bone
06-03-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm a beer snob also. Why consume donkey piss, when you can actually enjoy the flavor of what you drink. I'd rather not drink at all when given a choice of Coors, Bud, Blue, Canadian, Keith's, etc. etc..
Then don't. No one is forcing you.

How about we see how this goes before we condemn it?
Agreed.

Neely2005
06-03-2016, 10:12 AM

The Beer Store has many microbreweries like King and Camerons.

Perhaps a Mod should merge this Thread with the Tailgating Thread?

T-Bone
06-03-2016, 10:16 AM
The Beer Store has many microbreweries like King and Camerons.
Exactly. Plus there is a lot more advertising of microbreweries and availability in Toronto at least than every before.

Jumbo
06-03-2016, 10:16 AM
I got my Ontario Place Regular Season Parking Pass but the Link for the Preseason Game Parking isn't working. Is anyone else having that issue too?

I was having issues too, so I just called them. I got the full season pass at Ontario Place as well as the exhibition game.

argomANIA
06-03-2016, 10:19 AM
yeah i had problems with the preseason link so I just called them. Don't plan on driving during the season but want to check this tailgate business out.

Neely2005
06-03-2016, 10:19 AM

I sent them an Email and they have fixed it now.
:-)

I got all 10 games parking @ Ontario Place. Price is $30 per game but hopefully we'll have at least 4 people per car per game.

ArgoFan1
06-03-2016, 10:36 AM
as much as I like the idea of tailgating.... has anyone brought up the fact that there are only three games played on a weekend? I highly doubt they'll get many tailgaters on a weeknight. Most fans are hard pressed to just get to the game on time on a weeknight. At Argo games, you never know what the actual attendance will look like until the end of the first quarter. I won't be buying a season long pass, but hopefully I can get a spot on the days I would want to tailgate. It actually makes no difference to me about the day, since I am retired, but it also depends on who I take to the game with me. Now, the flipside is... if I drive, I have to park anyway, and this is just a premium of $5 per game. When BMO first came to reality, I planned on parking in Liberty Village, where you have some good pubs and real cheap parking and only a three minute walk to the stadium.

argonaut11xx
06-03-2016, 10:44 AM
BEER.....my favorite subject

I like most Molson products, and if that makes me a beer vagrant, so be it. When im in the mood to consume copious amounts of brew, a light lager like Canadian works just fine.

That said there is nothing wrong with craft beer, this place in Port Perry is quite good. http://oldflamebrewingco.ca/

Neely2005
06-03-2016, 11:51 AM
as much as I like the idea of tailgating.... has anyone brought up the fact that there are only three games played on a weekend? I highly doubt they'll get many tailgaters on a weeknight. Most fans are hard pressed to just get to the game on time on a weeknight. At Argo games, you never know what the actual attendance will look like until the end of the first quarter. I won't be buying a season long pass, but hopefully I can get a spot on the days I would want to tailgate. It actually makes no difference to me about the day, since I am retired, but it also depends on who I take to the game with me. Now, the flipside is... if I drive, I have to park anyway, and this is just a premium of $5 per game. When BMO first came to reality, I planned on parking in Liberty Village, where you have some good pubs and real cheap parking and only a three minute walk to the stadium.

The Monday game in October is Thanksgiving. 2 of the games in August are during the CNE and your Argonauts ticket gets you free admission to the CNE.

mchesher03
06-03-2016, 12:12 PM
just purchased the partial pass to exhibition place. really wasn't interested in doing the trek during the CNE but mannnnnnnnnnnn am I excited for this.

the gameday and Argos experience has been hurting for as long as I can remember. I hope it's half as fun as I'm hoping it will be this year.

now to book gamedays off work here...

ArgoGabe22
06-03-2016, 12:35 PM
BEER.....my favorite subject

I like most Molson products, and if that makes me a beer vagrant, so be it. When im in the mood to consume copious amounts of brew, a light lager like Canadian works just fine.

That said there is nothing wrong with craft beer, this place in Port Perry is quite good. http://oldflamebrewingco.ca/

Never knew Stella was Molson ;)

Double Dare
06-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Then don't. No one is forcing you. Ha, ha ... nobody forces me to anything.

T-Bone
06-03-2016, 12:44 PM
It's not. It's owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AB_InBev_brands) and served at BMO Field in tallboys at least.

argonaut11xx
06-03-2016, 01:56 PM

That wasnt my round..... hahahahah

AngeloV
06-03-2016, 02:38 PM
candelabras, & silverware

Holy Liberace.

"George...take this candelabra over to mother."
At least that's the way bugs bunny did it.

jerrym
06-03-2016, 03:45 PM
But - c'mon -- it can't be the authentic football experience (whatever that means) unless you add another three hours of hanging around in a parking lot with a bunch of puking drunk idiots before watching a game that already lasts at least three hours.

I didn't get a chance to say hello when you joined in February as I was away for a while. So I'll say it now. Welcome to the good ship Argo. Keep on rowing - you're on board with a fine crew. On this issue, I agree totally.

timlb01
06-03-2016, 05:39 PM
I am cancelling my season tickets. I thought for sure they would be serving my favourite wines in a proper glass in my seats. What could the Argos be thinking not having a wine list with the world's best vintages. In the 4th qtr I was looking for a nice port or cognac... what the hell is wrong with them.

In all seriousness I think they have a nice selection of beer. I am pretty particular about beer and they have 3 or 4 that I enjoy. Again I think they are doing all the right things. It was interesting they all had Steam Whistle at the mock tailgate. So maybe they will have different beer at the tailgate vs in the stadium. I think it is great to offer another dimension to the football experience. Creates a lot of discussion outside us hard core fans.

1argoholic
06-03-2016, 07:49 PM
I care deeply about what Argonaut fans ingest when it comes to beer. Piss will only hurt you in the long run. Thus not living as long as one should to be able to cheer for our team.

The beer store generally only sells what brands the owners have their greedy assed hands on. Plus I hate corporate greed.

I'm not only a beer snob. I go way deeper then that. I'm also a food snob, football snob and know what's great and what sucks. I'm great and most other people suck! It's hard to be me. Seeing all the crap around when it all could be soooo much better.

Tomorrow we can discuss Vodka. What some people will be sneaking in to the tailgate.

1argoholic
06-03-2016, 07:53 PM
What happens to the tailgate when the city decides on how to redevelop the Ontario Place Land?

KCargosfan
06-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Holy Liberace.

"George...take this candelabra over to mother."
At least that's the way bugs bunny did it.

haha

argos1873
06-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Seriously, I love good beer, but can also tolerate mainstream beer. I get the point that most of it is swill, but at a traditional tailgate, is it a beer tasting gathering, or a place to have fun with fun being supplemented with beer. I would be slightly disappointed if they only had Canadian or Blue, especially Blue, but I think many would be disappointed if they didn't have any mainstream beer at all. It would be awesome if you could bring your own beer, but this is Onterrible, and rules are rules. But I think they will lax sooner than later. Just actually bought my first supermarket beer in Ontario ever. (I know it's been around for awhile but there was never one near me selling it). I sense a slow but in the right direction loosening of Ontario liquor laws.

Oh and argoholic is spot on, there will be plenty of vodka smuggled in I'm sure as there is in many places where "you are not allowed to bring your own alcohol".

Will
06-04-2016, 08:09 AM
I merged the tailgating thread with the "Announcement @ Noon thread" since the latter ended up being about tailgating anyways.

PullTogether73
06-04-2016, 09:00 AM
What happens to the tailgate when the city decides on how to redevelop the Ontario Place Land?

That is clearly spelled out in the tailgating agreement between the Argonauts and the Government of Ontario.
It is a closely held secret which legally can only be divulged upon announcement of the plans by the government.
There is a hefty penalty to the Argonauts if they divulge those plans any earlier.
However, I know those plans and I can be bought. They could ruin the Argonauts.
How much are those plans worth to you?

Seriously though, why do you keep looking for trouble before the tailgating has even started?

Argo57
06-04-2016, 10:31 AM
That is clearly spelled out in the tailgating agreement between the Argonauts and the Government of Ontario.
It is a closely held secret which legally can only be divulged upon announcement of the plans by the government.
There is a hefty penalty to the Argonauts if they divulge those plans any earlier.
However, I know those plans and I can be bought. They could ruin the Argonauts.
How much are those plans worth to you?

Seriously though, why do you keep looking for trouble before the tailgating has even started?

No big deal, I'm sure they'll move the tailgating to another designated area.

Neely2005
06-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Just an FYI Canadian Tire has a portable propane BBQ on special for $24.99 (50% off) and a folding table for $39.99 ($20 off).

Neely2005
06-04-2016, 11:49 AM

I doubt they're getting rid of those parking lots. Easy money for the CNE, BMO Field and the Molson Amphitheater. Plus they're are Bike and Walking Paths that run through those Parking Lots.

1argoholic
06-04-2016, 05:05 PM
These are things that just pop into my head. No trouble, just my thoughts so I ask. Hey I'm a landscaper who works for himself, by himself so I have plenty of time to think about squat really. haha.

Neely2005
06-06-2016, 12:24 PM
TravelPatB posted this on the CFL Forum:

Here is the reply from Argos Client Services.

Pat,

We anticipate that the cars parking in the tailgate area will be full of fans and therefore we will not have the capacity to allow fans to enter on foot. We strongly encourage anyone parking in the tailgate to ensure they pick up any fans they are meeting before entering. If our capacity permits, we will allow fans on foot to enter the tailgate area during the last hour before the game.

We are also working on a pre-game festival that will be accessible for anyone with a game ticket. Details about this will be made prior to our home opener.

Argonauts Client Services

How are they going to enforce this? There are public pedestrian bridges going to the Ontario Place Parking Lots and a Public Bike and Walking Path running along the edge of the Parking Lots.

The main tailgate is at Ontario Place Parking Lot # 1:

http://www.ontarioplace.com/sites/default/files/front-page/ontario-place-parking.pdf

Jayahre
06-06-2016, 02:12 PM
TravelPatB posted this on the CFL Forum:

Here is the reply from Argos Client Services.

How are they going to enforce this? There are public pedestrian bridges going to the Ontario Place Parking Lots and a Public Bike and Walking Path running along the edge of the Parking Lots.

The main tailgate is at Ontario Place Parking Lot # 1:

http://www.ontarioplace.com/sites/default/files/front-page/ontario-place-parking.pdf

They will enforce it like they do when the Ex is on - steel barriers and security

Neely2005
06-06-2016, 03:40 PM
They will enforce it like they do when the Ex is on - steel barriers and security

They do that to keep people from getting into the CNE for free. Seems like a pretty expensive solution when you need a Ticket to get into BMO Field.

argonaut11xx
06-06-2016, 04:44 PM
It would be BEYOND stupid, for the team to NOT let a fan with a ticket WALK into the tailgate area prior to a game.

Im taking the GO train on saturday, and will wander over to see.

Neely2005
06-08-2016, 01:12 PM
In case anyone else was wondering I Emailed Client Services and kids Are allowed in the licensed area of the Tailgate. (Obviously they won't be able to purchase alcohol)

AngeloV
06-08-2016, 01:27 PM
In case anyone else was wondering I Emailed Client Services and kids Are allowed in the licensed area of the Tailgate. (Obviously they won't be able to purchase alcohol)

That's what their irresponsible parents are for.

:D

argofan81
06-08-2016, 03:41 PM
I purchased tailgating for the pre-season game to check it out and then I will make my decision about the rest of the year. Speaking of which, does anybody know if the order confirmation for the purchase is all that is needed to get in to the tailgate?

Rich
06-08-2016, 04:16 PM
I purchased tailgating for the pre-season game to check it out and then I will make my decision about the rest of the year. Speaking of which, does anybody know if the order confirmation for the purchase is all that is needed to get in to the tailgate?

I'm pretty sure they said they would email print-at-home tickets for the tailgates.

Neely2005
06-08-2016, 06:39 PM

This is what the order confirmation says:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Your purchased tickets will only be enabled online for printing beginning in June. You will not have access to print tickets before this time.
For more information, call 416-341-ARGO (2746)

I checked this My Argonauts AccountManager this afternoon and they weren't there so I've sent an Email asking when they'll be available to print. I'll let you know what they say when I hear back.

Jumbo
06-08-2016, 08:14 PM
I received a Purolator notice today, so I'm assuming that It might be my parking pass as I've already received my season tickets. On another note, I just grilled up what I will making with by group for the tailgate this Saturday. I'm hoping the rain will hold off, but we have a canopy just in case.

Looking forward to the season.

Will
06-08-2016, 08:18 PM
I received a Purolator notice today, so I'm assuming that It might be my parking pass as I've already received my season tickets. On another note, I just grilled up what I will making with by group for the tailgate this Saturday. I'm hoping the rain will hold off, but we have a canopy just in case.

Looking forward to the season.

Make sure you freeze it :)

Jumbo
06-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Hahahaha......No, it was a trial run. I needed to make sure my timeline would work from arriving at 1:30 and packing up by 3:30. In case you were worried, it all worked out perfectly! First game theme: Surf and Turf!

Will
06-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Hahahaha......No, it was a trial run. I needed to make sure my timeline would work from arriving at 1:30 and packing up by 3:30. In case you were worried, it all worked out perfectly! First game theme: Surf and Turf!

Never a bad time for Surf and Turf.

Argo57
06-08-2016, 11:56 PM

Tuna sandwich with beef gravy??

Neely2005
06-09-2016, 08:47 AM

The Preseason Tailgate Parking Pass is available to print in the Ticketmaster.ca Toronto Argonauts AccountManager now.

"For the regular season parking pass, we will be mailing you a pass to hang from your rearview mirror.

Argonauts Client Services".

Neely2005
06-09-2016, 06:34 PM
For any non season ticket holders that want to Tailgate here is the Link for the Tailgating Parking Pass:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/argonauts/EN/buy/details/op0611

argofan81
06-10-2016, 12:01 PM
The Preseason Tailgate Parking Pass is available to print in the Ticketmaster.ca Toronto Argonauts AccountManager now.

"For the regular season parking pass, we will be mailing you a pass to hang from your rearview mirror.

Thanks for the info. I was able to print off my parking pass today -- it wasn't there when I first posted the question.

Neely2005
06-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Official Tailgating Parking FAQ:

FAQS

Is the event open to walk-in traffic?

Guests of each tailgater will be permitted on a first come first serve basis. Each lot has a capacity that we can’t legally go over. We will limit the amount of people associated with each car to a maximum of 10.

What if my friends aren’t all in my car?

Cars will be parked first come first served, if you wish to be in the spot next to your friend, you need to arrive at the same time.

Is this open to all ages?

Yes.

Can I leave my car overnight?

Yes – you may leave your car until 9:00 a.m. (Exhibition Place) or 12 noon (Ontario Place)

Can I get into the other lots?

You only have access to the lot for which you have a pass.

Does everyone in my car need a game ticket?

Yes, everyone attending the tailgate needs a game ticket. Don’t have one, get one HERE!

Can we accommodate buses into the tailgate?* What’s the cost?* Is there a special entrance?

We will be allowing buses to purchase passes. Each bus will need to purchase 5 passes. There will be no special entrance to the lots.

Can I get in if I lost my pass?

You must have proof of your tailgate pass to gain entry to your lot.

Is there a lost and found?

Any lost and found items will be kept at the 10×10’ production tent on site until the end of the event. Lost and found items will not be available past that point.

Where can I buy merchandise?

Merchandise can be purchases inside the stadium and at The Shipyard, or in our online store at www.argosshop.ca

Where can I buy game tickets?

Right HERE!

Will someone be here to watch my car/stuff?

Security will be on site during tailgate, but they (and Argos event staff) are not responsible for the safety and security of your vehicle/belongings.

Can I bring an RV, camper van, or a trailer?

No; standard vehicles that fit in a single parking spot only.

Can I bring my dog?

For food/alcohol service standards, and the safety of the animal, pets are not permitted on site.

How many people can I have in my car?

However many legal seats are in the vehicle.

Why can’t I bring my own booze?

Provincial regulations forbid a public BYOB event.

How are you going to stop me?

Security will be searching vehicles before they enter the grounds. If you refuse a search, you will not be permitted onto the tailgate grounds.

What happens to the contraband you find in my car?

Any items security is comfortable confiscating will be collected (and not returned; any items confiscated become property of the Argos). Beyond that, security reserves the right to refuse entry at their discretion.

Is there a cash machine nearby?

There will be an ATM in each lot.

What if someone wrecks my car?

The Argos and associated event staff and suppliers are not liable for any theft/damage to your property. Park and tailgate at your own risk.

How long can we stay?

Alcohol service ends 45 minutes prior to kick-off. You can leave as early as the end of the 3rd quarter, and your vehicle can stay overnight if needed.

What if I want to leave earlier than that?

For the safety and enjoyment of other tailgaters, vehicles are not permitted to leave the lot until the end of the third quarter.

http://www.argonauts.ca/tailgate-parking-faqs/

Neely2005
06-10-2016, 02:01 PM
So walk in traffic is allowed But due to capacity limits you have to know someone that has parked a car in the Tailgate Parking Lot. That seems like a fair compromise to me.

argonaut11xx
06-10-2016, 03:20 PM
So walk in traffic is allowed But due to capacity limits you have to know someone that has parked a car in the Tailgate Parking Lot. That seems like a fair compromise to me.

Its stupid if you cant take the GO train, and just walk in the tailgate area.

Neely2005
06-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Its stupid if you cant take the GO train, and just walk in the tailgate area.

Not really, their Liquor Permit and Event Insurance probably has a maximum number of people allowed.

Ron
06-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Rules look OK. Just make sure any family emergencies wait until the 3rd is finished.

Jumbo
06-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow. Our group has our pass, bbq, canopy, and music. Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon.....bbq.....beer....friends....football!

PullTogether73
06-10-2016, 05:48 PM

Bummer.
Well, since I can't check it out myself (taking the GO train), you guys will have to report back how it went.

Jumbo
06-10-2016, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure how strict they are going to be. I talked to my rep about members of our group that will be coming down by GO train, and he told me there shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to email a copy of our parking pass to guys who will be tailgating with us but taking the GO train, so they can use that to get in as one of our ten. I'd suggest you find a group of guys you can link up with and take advantage of the opportunity. In the past our group would just go to a pub and drop at least $60 each in a place with no one supporting the Argos. Hopefully this opportunity will grow and become quite successful.

AngeloV
06-10-2016, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure how strict they are going to be. I talked to my rep about members of our group that will be coming down by GO train, and he told me there shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to email a copy of our parking pass to guys who will be tailgating with us but taking the GO train, so they can use that to get in as one of our ten. I'd suggest you find a group of guys you can link up with and take advantage of the opportunity. In the past our group would just go to a pub and drop at least $60 each in a place with no one supporting the Argos. Hopefully this opportunity will grow and become quite successful.

I agree. I think the only thing they will be strict on is public intoxication.

Neely2005
06-10-2016, 06:33 PM
If anyone is interested in going send me a PM and I'll give you my name to use to get into the Tailgate. It says 10 walk ups / guests per car so it should be fine.

timlb01
06-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Merchandise can be purchases inside the stadium and at The Shipyard

What and where is "The Shipyard". I assume it is the stadium store at BMO????? I googled it and found nothing.

R.J
06-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Argonauts’ tailgate experiment takes flight Saturday
https://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2016/06/10/argonauts-tailgate-experiment-takes-flight-saturday.html

Neely2005
06-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Argonauts’ tailgate experiment takes flight Saturday
https://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2016/06/10/argonauts-tailgate-experiment-takes-flight-saturday.html

"Fans will not be allowed to bring their own beer. The team will sell beer — Budweiser, Bud Light and Steam Whistle — for $4 a can."

Terrible beer choices! Out of those 3 I'll be forced to go with Bud as I hate Bud Light and Steam Whistle.

shayman
06-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Merchandise can be purchases inside the stadium and at The Shipyard

What and where is "The Shipyard". I assume it is the stadium store at BMO????? I googled it and found nothing.

I believe it is a fan zone activity area on one of the CNE parking lots. Not sure if it's up and running tomorrow.

PullTogether73
06-11-2016, 04:04 AM
"Fans will not be allowed to bring their own beer. The team will sell beer — Budweiser, Bud Light and Steam Whistle — for $4 a can."

Terrible beer choices! Out of those 3 I'll be forced to go with Bud as I hate Bud Light and Steam Whistle.

Wow!
I'm not a beer drinker and even I know that those are poor options.
Can't wait to hear 1Argoholic's rant about this. He was right all along!

Will
06-11-2016, 04:14 AM

Oy

That's not going to go over well.

Neely2005
06-11-2016, 09:45 AM
I understand that at $4 a beer they're not going to be selling premium or imported beer but Sleeman and Moosehead are the same price as the 3 terrible beers that they're selling.

Gill The Thrill
06-11-2016, 12:18 PM

This is the problem with not being allowed to have a spontaneous event where you can bring your own beer.

Let me just take a wild guess at who some of the corporate partners for the tailgate area are? I'll say Budweiser and Steamwhistle are two. That'll probably explain why the few options. Those beers are not even worth the $4, but I guess it's still a better price than inside.

As for the rules...lol. Not being allowed to bring your own booze and being forced to have security check your vehicle (which is private property) and allowing them the discretion to confiscate anything is enough to turn many, including myself, off. Sounds too much like the McGuinty/Gwynne gestapo along with City of Toronto.

Can this city not allow what they allow in Hamilton...loosely followed rules, allowing spontaneous, casual laid back tailgating and allowing fans to clean up and drink out of plastic cups without going "Tianamen Square" on them. I hope these rules are not going to be strictly enforced, but I remain skeptical. This city is just too focused and hard up for adding revenue tools and they'll use the fact that the CNE is city property to enforce all the rules to the tilt. I hope I'm wrong for those fans that just want to partake and chill, but I won't be surprised if I'm not. What's the saying, Toronto, the city that fun forgot.:o

Neely2005
06-11-2016, 07:37 PM
The tailgate was well organized and a lot of fun. Security did a quick check of vehicles. Aside from the beer selection my only suggestion for improvements would be to have the Tailgate start earlier for weekend and holiday games.

Beers are $11+ inside the stadium.

jerrym
06-11-2016, 08:05 PM
<header class="entry-header" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px auto 30px; max-width: 1040px; width: 1040px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); padding: 0px 376px 0px 60px; font-family: 'Source Sans Pro', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Your First Look At Tailgating In Toronto at BMO Field!<time class="entry-date" datetime="2016-06-11T16:52:17+00:00" style="box-sizing: border-box;">June 11, 2016</time> (http://www.thesnap.ca/first-look-tailgating-toronto-bmo-field/)Latest (http://www.thesnap.ca/Video/latest/)BMO Field (http://www.thesnap.ca/tag/bmo-field/), tailgate (http://www.thesnap.ca/tag/tailgate/), Toronto Argonauts (http://www.thesnap.ca/tag/toronto-argonauts/)Max Rosenberg (http://www.thesnap.ca/author/maxrosenberg/)
</header>http://thesnap.wp.uploads.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/11164343/11889553.jpg (http://www.thesnap.ca/first-look-tailgating-toronto-bmo-field/)
Today marked the first game at BMO Field for the Toronto Argonuats and with that… tailgating!
We already looked at how tailgating will work (http://www.thesnap.ca/tailgating-arrives-toronto-complete-guide-argonauts-tailgating-experience/) at BMO and gave you a complete guide to it. (http://www.thesnap.ca/tailgating-arrives-toronto-complete-guide-argonauts-tailgating-experience/)
But Saturday marked the first time we got to see it in action! Cheerleaders, BBQ, $4 Beers. We #cosign all of this! Here are some of the best images from the first tailgate in Toronto!
http://thesnap.wp.uploads.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/11164710/11889842.jpg (http://www.thesnap.ca/first-look-tailgating-toronto-bmo-field/attachment/11889842/)http://thesnap.wp.uploads.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/11164714/11889844.jpg (http://www.thesnap.ca/first-look-tailgating-toronto-bmo-field/attachment/11889844/)

http://www.thesnap.ca/first-look-tailgating-toronto-bmo-field/

Was it as successful as it looks in the pictures?

Treblecharger1
06-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Was a great day! They have the potential to make this huge! Took a off duty police office to the game and he said his only concern was the beer being so cheep that ppl would get to drunk. But outside of that everyone was awesome and was the closest thing to being at a proper tailgate. The genlemen I brought had already made plans to bring a car and fill it for the home opener! Awesome job!

1argoholic
06-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Sorry but I knew it. At least Steam Whistle is a local craft beer, even though it's not to my liking. The others are total piss. Glad to hear that things went well.

Brian45
06-11-2016, 10:40 PM
Never going to please everyone with beer selection. They are standard brands and I didn't expect anything else. Wasn't there but it looked awesome. Looking forward to the home opener.

Will
06-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Everything seemed to go fine from my perspective. The lady at the front seemed to be confused about the rules at first, but that was quickly straightened out. The lot got pretty full by the end and all people were having a good time. Jim Barker came over and talked to a few people, the ArgoNotes came over. There was a lot of police/security presence, but everyone was well behaved and the police were particularly friendly I got to say. I think this has the potential to be a pretty good thing.

Will
06-12-2016, 07:28 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/06/11/touchdown-argos-tailgate-kickoff-scores-with-fans

Review in the Sun

Neely2005
06-12-2016, 09:58 AM
The tailgate was well organized and a lot of fun. Security did a quick check of vehicles. Aside from the beer selection my only suggestion for improvements would be to have the Tailgate start earlier for weekend and holiday games.

Beers are $11+ inside the stadium.

My wife says that they should have an ice cream truck on site too.

argofandave
06-12-2016, 11:39 AM
As expected, I wasn't allowed into the tailgate since I took the Go Train to the game. However, 2 of my friends who took the subway got in just by showing their game ticket.

Treblecharger1
06-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Yeah, we walked into the tailgate by showing our ticker

R.J
06-12-2016, 01:24 PM
Not sure what anyone was expecting in terms of Beer selections ? It usually always comes down to sponsorship and pouring rights deals.

Argocister
06-12-2016, 01:24 PM
The tailgate was lots of fun ..... Better than nothing at all!
I agree letting us in an hour or so earlier would be great as well.
Beer choices are definitely a thing to improve ..... Hopefully the sponsorship dollar level isn't too steep to attract other brands.
I went with the cider for that reason .
There were just two of us in my truck , one in my sons suv and 10 coming by train ..... And they got in with their tickets.
It was confusing though as the one lady apparently asked for tailgate tickets ..... But she really just meant game tickets .
As for the search .... It was glance and off you go.
Tailgating is here to stay and hopefully others will get the chance to attend. ......weather couldn't have been better
The Argonotes came around as well ..... Just makes me want to dig out the words to the Argos cheer song and memorize them .

KCargosfan
06-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Was a great day! They have the potential to make this huge! Took a off duty police office to the game and he said his only concern was the beer being so cheep that ppl would get to drunk. But outside of that everyone was awesome and was the closest thing to being at a proper tailgate. The genlemen I brought had already made plans to bring a car and fill it for the home opener! Awesome job!

People getting too drunk tailgating? Surely not!

Gill The Thrill
06-12-2016, 03:51 PM
People getting too drunk tailgating? Surely not!

I'm not for getting drunk, but was TC1's buddy an off-duty cop or were they masquarading as Kathleen Wynne or John Tory...pretending to be the only people who can make responsible decisions for full grown adults.

With all do respect, he must really avoid the beer store because of all the drunks hanging around according to his analogy. A case of 2-4, a 12 and even a 6 pack is sold for much less than $4 a beer. This guy must be horrified when he goes to a grocery store in Montreal, where you can buy a 2-4 for $25. I'm sure he's a great guy TC1, but you don't make him sound like a fun guy to tailgate with when you quote him talking like he's still at work on his off day.

Not saying one should not be moral or advocate that police officers call each other to warn each other of where all the ride spot checks are, as has been known to happen. Heck, there's even been some who've run clubs that served booze to underagers in the past. I'm glad he cares, (as do I, and I'm not a cop) but I think the best run societies are societies that don't overegulate their citizens removing all personal responsibility. I respect police officers and have friends and close relatives that are/were cops. I hope everyone including TC1 and his off-duty buddy chilled out and had a good time at the tailgate. I just wish they had the personal responsibility of bringing their own beer and choosing what brand they wanted to drink, that's all.

Neely2005
06-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Not sure what anyone was expecting in terms of Beer selections ? It usually always comes down to sponsorship and pouring rights deals.

The Ontario Place Parking Lot has sponsorship and pouring rights?

Will
06-12-2016, 06:43 PM
As expected, I wasn't allowed into the tailgate since I took the Go Train to the game. However, 2 of my friends who took the subway got in just by showing their game ticket.

The method of transportation you took to the game should not have mattered. I personally took the TTC, and when I attempted to enter the tailgate lot the attendant seemed confused about the rule. She asked if we had a pass, which we didn't and she then proceeded to tell us that we could not enter the lot. They were supposed to let you in if you knew someone who had parked there, and they didn't check a list or anything. I think by the end that many of the people inside were not associated with a vehicle.

R.J
06-12-2016, 07:31 PM
The Ontario Place Parking Lot has sponsorship and pouring rights?
No, but MLSE and BMO Field do.

Neely2005
06-12-2016, 08:37 PM

Well the Argonauts aren't owned by MLSE and the Tailgate wasn't at BMO Field so I don't see why the Argonauts can't serve whatever beer they choose. I don't think Steam Whistle is even sold inside BMO Field.

LLB997
06-12-2016, 10:13 PM
what was the tipping situation with the beer? Did they even expect/accept tips? are they just handing you cold cans or are they pouring them into solo cups for you?.

R.J
06-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Well the Argonauts aren't owned by MLSE and the Tailgate wasn't at BMO Field so I don't see why the Argonauts can't serve whatever beer they choose. I don't think Steam Whistle is even sold inside BMO Field.
No they are not, but they are owned by Bell and Tanenbaum who own 2/3's of MLSE. MLSE along with BMO field have relationships and deals in place, so odds are some of those will become involved with the Argonauts as well. Yes, they could of chose whomever they wanted, but they obviously didn't and there's probably a financial reason behind it. Copeland stated during his OVERDRIVE interview that odds were the tailgating would most likely involve the bigger brand name beers and that's what ended up happening. I don't see the issue.

Neely2005
06-12-2016, 10:46 PM
what was the tipping situation with the beer? Did they even expect/accept tips? are they just handing you cold cans or are they pouring them into solo cups for you?.

They open the can and hand it to you. Tipping is optional, they don't seem to be expecting it. You can go to one of the stations or wait until one of the beer bikes comes by.

Neely2005
06-12-2016, 10:47 PM
No they are not, but they are owned by Bell and Tanenbaum who own 2/3's of MLSE. MLSE along with BMO field have relationships and deals in place, so odds are some of those will become involved with the Argonauts as well. Yes, they could of chose whomever they wanted, but they obviously didn't and there's probably a financial reason behind it. Copeland stated during his OVERDRIVE interview that odds were the tailgating would most likely involve the bigger brand name beers and that's what ended up happening. I don't see the issue.

So how do you explain them selling Steam Whistle then?

Will
06-12-2016, 10:54 PM
They open the can and hand it to you. Tipping is optional, they don't seem to be expecting it. You can go to one of the stations or wait until one of the beer bikes comes by.

I didn't tip them, but thought to myself that I probably ought to have.

ArgoFan1
06-13-2016, 12:59 AM
My main question heading into this tailgate thing was if you could buy the beer and take it to your car, or do they make you drink it in a certain spot? What would be the point of cooking up your food and then not having a drink to go with it? Were you allowed beer at your car? One other question for anyone that was there.... how extensively did they search the vehicles coming in?

LLB997
06-13-2016, 06:11 AM
I didn't tip them, but thought to myself that I probably ought to have.

The problem with tipping in this situation is that the tip would most likely just be pocketed in some cases (beer bike). People who unloaded the coolers and stocked them and are generally doing the grunt work will get nothing and the person handing over the beer will get everything which isn't fair. Maybe they will sort that out to make sure any tips are distributed equal. Until then, i would not feel too bad.

Jumbo
06-13-2016, 07:10 AM
At 15%, we are talking about tipping 50 cents on a $4 beer. Tipping or not tipping a kid who is probably doing this as a summer job to pay for university is even a question? How many beers are you going to drink? Four or five? That means you will have to part with a whole $2 after 3 hours of drinking and eating your own food.

A. you don't know how much the grunt guys make
B. you don't know if the tips are being shared
C. not everyone in this world makes the same money
B. if the grunt guys were riding the bikes and selling you the beers, you would be complaining that the Argos were too cheap to hire pretty girls to sell the beers

Tip the girl! I always hated the guys my daughter delivered the news advertiser to, who wouldn't pay, but demanded some 12 year old bring him the paper 3x a week.

Will
06-13-2016, 07:48 AM
My main question heading into this tailgate thing was if you could buy the beer and take it to your car, or do they make you drink it in a certain spot? What would be the point of cooking up your food and then not having a drink to go with it? Were you allowed beer at your car? One other question for anyone that was there.... how extensively did they search the vehicles coming in?

You could take the beer wherever you wanted within the confines of the fenced off tailgate lot.

argomANIA
06-13-2016, 09:16 AM

They looked through my cooler and asked to see the trunk. But i had my scooter in it so they didn't even bother with it. The pay duty officer came by and asked my husband if he had snuck in any booze. My husband said no. He asked why. My husband told the cop he needed to know what they were serving here first. Cop laughed said he thought it was silly that we couldn't bring our own booze and walked away.

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 11:56 AM

Yes you can bring the beer back to your car. You can drink it anywhere inside the fenced off licensed tailgating area.

They did a quick search of our car and cooler. I'm not a fan of the beer choices but I'm not going to ruin this (or take money away from the Argonauts) by trying to sneak in alcohol, if that's what you're getting at?

R.J
06-13-2016, 01:16 PM
steam whistle has had dealings with the Argonauts before; maybe the new regime wanted a local Pilsner and/or maybe there are financial reasons behind it. I don't know, but instead of complaining; maybe ask the team why they chose the brands they did.

I really hope you're not thinking about what you're subtly implying here. Very quick way to ruin the whole thing for a lot of other people.

R.J
06-13-2016, 01:35 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/06/11/touchdown-argos-tailgate-kickoff-scores-with-fans

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 01:51 PM
steam whistle has had dealings with the Argonauts before; maybe the new regime wanted a local Pilsner and/or maybe there are financial reasons behind it. I don't know, but instead of complaining; maybe ask the team why they chose the brands they did.

I really hope you're not thinking about what you're subtly implying here. Very quick way to ruin the whole thing for a lot of other people.

Okay but then that totally refutes your point about Pouring Rights / MLSE and BMO Field deals as Steam Whistle isn't served inside BMO Field.

I have asked the Argonauts (more than once) and they haven't responded.

R.J
06-13-2016, 02:00 PM
Okay but then that totally refutes your point about Pouring Rights / MLSE and BMO Field deals as Steam Whistle isn't served inside BMO Field.

I have asked the Argonauts (more than once) and they haven't responded.
You're picking and choosing what you want from what I've written. Good day to you sir.

BTW Michael Copeland attended the tailgate for awhile (about 45 minutes); you could have spoken to him then.

T-Bone
06-13-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm pretty sure it is, in cans but not at all the stands. I've seen it before.

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 02:07 PM
You're picking and choosing what you want from what I've written. Good day to you sir.

BTW Michael Copeland attended the tailgate for awhile (about 45 minutes); you could have spoken to him then.

How so?

I didn't see him but if I do I will be sure to ask him.

AngeloV
06-13-2016, 02:12 PM
Holy multi quote Batman.

R.J
06-13-2016, 02:13 PM

How so?

[/

I didn't see him but if I do I will be sure to ask him.

INBEV has the pouring rights to BMO; which explains why Bud is sold during the tailgates. I also stated "USUALLY", but I guess you missed that part. I then brought up how Steam Whistle has had dealings with the Argonauts before, so maybe the new regime wanted a local pilsner and as Tbone mentioned you can buy Steam Whistle cans at BMO. So, once again good day to you sir.

Rich
06-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Very quick way to ruin the whole thing for a lot of other people.

wtf??? Surely you're not suggesting that if one guy gets caught smuggling beer they will suddenly terminate the tailgates. This isn't the high school dance.

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure it is, in cans but not at all the stands. I've seen it before.

Don't see it on your list below and I didn't see it served anywhere in the stadium.

R.J
06-13-2016, 02:21 PM
wtf??? Surely you're not suggesting that if one guy gets caught smuggling beer they will suddenly terminate the tailgates. This isn't the high school dance. No I'm not; it will take a lot more than one, but it just takes one to start the process of going downhill. I really hope people use common sense (does society even know what that is anymore ?) when it comes to the tail gating. It sounds like a great event and $4 a beer is very reasonable.

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 02:22 PM
INBEV has the pouring rights to BMO; which explains why Bud is sold during the tailgates. I also stated "USUALLY", but I guess you missed that part. I then brought up how Steam Whistle has had dealings with the Argonauts before, so maybe the new regime wanted a local pilsner and as Tbone mentioned you can buy Steam Whistle cans at BMO. So, once again good day to you sir.

Where in BMO Field *This Year* can you buy Steam Whistle?

And in case you missed it I also stated that INBEV doesn't have Pouring Rights at the Ontario Place Parking Lot.

R.J
06-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Where in BMO Field *This Year* can you buy Steam Whistle?

And in case you missed it I also stated that INBEV doesn't have Pouring Rights at the Ontario Place Parking Lot.
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o6MbthEEokTEG0mOI/200.gif

Rich
06-13-2016, 02:26 PM
but it just takes one to start the process of going downhill.

What are you talking about? The rules state that contraband booze will be confiscated and the vehicle may be refused entry at the discretion of the officials. How does that start any "process of going downhill"?

T-Bone
06-13-2016, 02:31 PM
Don't see it on your list below and I didn't see it served anywhere in the stadium.
Goose Island is not on that list and I know they have it on tap in the south end. Not all the beer aviliable at BMO Field is on that list and they don't sell all the brands at every kiosk. That's why I said:

here is a list (http://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/beer) of some of the beers available at BMO Field.

R.J
06-13-2016, 02:39 PM
What are you talking about? The rules state that contraband booze will be confiscated and the vehicle may be refused entry at the discretion of the officials. How does that start any "process of going downhill"?
Because it's never just one. You don't think more people will try it and that it won't have a negative effect on tailgating ?

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 02:48 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o6MbthEEokTEG0mOI/200.gif

If you don't know specifically where it's sold that's fine, I was simply asking a question. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting but this discussion seems to be frustrating you for no discernable reason.

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Goose Island is not on that list and I know they have it on tap in the south end. Not all the beer aviliable at BMO Field is on that list and they don't sell all the brands at every kiosk. That's why I said:

Yes I realize that that's why I asked Where specifically it was sold and said: "and I didn't see it served anywhere in the stadium".

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 02:55 PM

Well if someone is successful at smuggling in booze and tells someone else it snowballs and then before we know it security is tearing everyone's car apart and slowing down everyone's entry.

Seriously is $4 to much to pay for a beer in Toronto? The money is going to our team and probably doesn't even cover the costs of the Tailgate.

R.J
06-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Well if someone is successful at smuggling in booze and tells someone else it snowballs and then before we know it security is tearing everyone's car apart and slowing down everyone's entry.

Seriously is $4 to much to pay for a beer in Toronto? The money is going to our team and probably doesn't even cover the costs of the Tailgate.
Can't believe I'm going to say this, but Thank you lol.
Someone else gets it.

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 03:07 PM
Can't believe I'm going to say this, but Thank you lol.
Someone else gets it.

We were impressed with how well the Tailgate was organized and run. To be honest it was more fun than the Preseason game.

I think that they could improve it by having it start earlier, especially for weekend and holiday games. And my wife thinks that they should have an Ice Cream Truck on site.

R.J
06-13-2016, 03:10 PM
We were impressed with how well the Tailgate was organized and run. To be honest it was more fun than the Preseason game.

I think that they could improve it by having it start earlier, especially for weekend and holiday games. And my wife thinks that they should have an Ice Cream Truck on site.
I've heard that from quite a few people now - earlier starts on the weekends. Makes sense as it gives more time to cook and just enjoy the experience.

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 03:19 PM
I've heard that from quite a few people now - earlier starts on the weekends. Makes sense as it gives more time to cook and just enjoy the experience.

Yeah we got there around 1:15 and were set up and starting to BBQ around 1:30. Last call was 3:15 and we started to pack up around 3:30 so the time flew by!

LLB997
06-13-2016, 08:54 PM
At 15%, we are talking about tipping 50 cents on a $4 beer. Tipping or not tipping a kid who is probably doing this as a summer job to pay for university is even a question? How many beers are you going to drink? Four or five? That means you will have to part with a whole $2 after 3 hours of drinking and eating your own food.

A. you don't know how much the grunt guys make
B. you don't know if the tips are being shared
C. not everyone in this world makes the same money
B. if the grunt guys were riding the bikes and selling you the beers, you would be complaining that the Argos were too cheap to hire pretty girls to sell the beers

Tip the girl! I always hated the guys my daughter delivered the news advertiser to, who wouldn't pay, but demanded some 12 year old bring him the paper 3x a week.

first off, i've never tipped 50 cents on a 4 dollar beer in my life. I generally hand over a 5 and will do so if i make it out to the tailgate. If tipping is not generally being asked or displayed in some manner, i see no issue in paying 4 for the beer if that is how its being advertised and promoted by the club. I do not know how much the grunt guys are making (true) the same way i do not know how much the servers are paid. A pretty server doesn't make the beer taste any better so i could care less as pretty women in Toronto are a dime a dozen and free to look at if i so choose. I get your point though as servers deserved to make a living wage like anybody.

Tobythor
06-13-2016, 09:14 PM
The guys at work were talking about the tailgate and their desire to go today. They're excited they can take the GO train and grab $4 beers before the game. They're 25 and under and the tailgate and BMO field has sparked their interest in going to the game.

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 09:20 PM
The guys at work were talking about the tailgate and their desire to go today. They're excited they can take the GO train and grab $4 beers before the game. They're 25 and under and the tailgate and BMO field has sparked their interest in going to the game.

Well hopefully they know someone with a car parked in the Tailgate:

Official Tailgating Parking FAQ:

FAQS

Is the event open to walk-in traffic?

Guests of each tailgater will be permitted on a first come first serve basis. Each lot has a capacity that we can’t legally go over. We will limit the amount of people associated with each car to a maximum of 10.

What if my friends aren’t all in my car?

Cars will be parked first come first served, if you wish to be in the spot next to your friend, you need to arrive at the same time.

Is this open to all ages?

Yes.

Can I leave my car overnight?

Yes – you may leave your car until 9:00 a.m. (Exhibition Place) or 12 noon (Ontario Place)

Can I get into the other lots?

You only have access to the lot for which you have a pass.

Does everyone in my car need a game ticket?

Yes, everyone attending the tailgate needs a game ticket. Don’t have one, get one HERE!

Can we accommodate buses into the tailgate?* What’s the cost?* Is there a special entrance?

We will be allowing buses to purchase passes. Each bus will need to purchase 5 passes. There will be no special entrance to the lots.

Can I get in if I lost my pass?

You must have proof of your tailgate pass to gain entry to your lot.

Is there a lost and found?

Any lost and found items will be kept at the 10×10’ production tent on site until the end of the event. Lost and found items will not be available past that point.

Where can I buy merchandise?

Merchandise can be purchases inside the stadium and at The Shipyard, or in our online store at www.argosshop.ca

Where can I buy game tickets?

Right HERE!

Will someone be here to watch my car/stuff?

Security will be on site during tailgate, but they (and Argos event staff) are not responsible for the safety and security of your vehicle/belongings.

Can I bring an RV, camper van, or a trailer?

No; standard vehicles that fit in a single parking spot only.

Can I bring my dog?

For food/alcohol service standards, and the safety of the animal, pets are not permitted on site.

How many people can I have in my car?

However many legal seats are in the vehicle.

Why can’t I bring my own booze?

Provincial regulations forbid a public BYOB event.

How are you going to stop me?

Security will be searching vehicles before they enter the grounds. If you refuse a search, you will not be permitted onto the tailgate grounds.

What happens to the contraband you find in my car?

Any items security is comfortable confiscating will be collected (and not returned; any items confiscated become property of the Argos). Beyond that, security reserves the right to refuse entry at their discretion.

Is there a cash machine nearby?

There will be an ATM in each lot.

What if someone wrecks my car?

The Argos and associated event staff and suppliers are not liable for any theft/damage to your property. Park and tailgate at your own risk.

How long can we stay?

Alcohol service ends 45 minutes prior to kick-off. You can leave as early as the end of the 3rd quarter, and your vehicle can stay overnight if needed.

What if I want to leave earlier than that?

For the safety and enjoyment of other tailgaters, vehicles are not permitted to leave the lot until the end of the third quarter.

http://www.argonauts.ca/tailgate-parking-faqs/

argolio
06-13-2016, 10:15 PM
Holy multi quote Batman.Thank you, citizen, for appreciating the multi-quote feature.
https://www.nightmaresfearfactory.com/sites/default/files/blog/adam-west-batman-niagara-falls-comic-con.jpg
Now, to the batcave!

R.J
06-13-2016, 10:20 PM
TAILGATING OFFICIALLY HITS TORONTO!
http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/06/13/tailgate-pumper-with-logo-mp4/

Will
06-14-2016, 08:12 AM
The girls in the pick-up truck? Legit or plants?

R.J
06-14-2016, 09:56 AM
The girls in the pick-up truck? Legit or plants?
Plants would be my guess.

mchesher03
06-14-2016, 10:19 AM
hahah glad someone else sniffed that one out

who cares tho - every team in this city (probably except the argos) have at one time or another papered their attendance or whatever.

if it helps with the vibe and our owners seem to be big on getting the vibes back - I'm all for whatever.

Honestly can't wait until next Thursday!

AngeloV
06-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Plants would be my guess.

At the risk of getting the morals police after me, I don't think they were quite hot enough to be plants. Good looking for sure, but plants would usually be really hot.

Will
06-14-2016, 10:38 AM
At the risk of getting the morals police after me, I don't think they were quite hot enough to be plants. Good looking for sure, but plants would usually be really hot.

Would they want to be that obvious though?

AngeloV
06-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Would they want to be that obvious though?

I guess that's a good point.

Scooter McCray
06-14-2016, 03:13 PM
One of them is Jake Reinharts girlfriend.

Neely2005
06-16-2016, 10:53 AM
Single Game Tailgating Parking Passes are on sale now:

http://www.argonauts.ca/tailgate-parking-passes/

Kenners
06-16-2016, 11:04 AM
One of them is Jake Reinharts girlfriend. they were sitting behind me and the wife during the game, pretty sure their fans and one of them was wearing Reinharts jersey.

Tobythor
06-16-2016, 04:59 PM
I got my tailgating pass for the Home opener, Friday August 12th, Labour Day rematch against the Ti-Cats, and the Saturday October game against the Riders. I can't wait for the home opener. I will be in the Ontario place lot.

Ron
06-16-2016, 06:46 PM
At the risk of getting the morals police after me,

That was offensive!! (What's risk without reward? )

AngeloV
06-16-2016, 08:03 PM
That was offensive!! (What's risk without reward? )

Sorry Ron. I will try an be more sensitive going forward. I'll check out the Argos at BMO thread over at RPB's for some pointers.

1argoholic
06-17-2016, 08:51 AM
Angelo..Angelo..Angelo. Here we go again.hahahaha. I thought they were cute and could pass for gals you'd see in the crowd or tailgating. Good job Argos.

Neely2005
06-17-2016, 11:58 AM

Has anyone heard when they're sending out the Regular Season Tailgating Parking Passes?

PullTogether73
06-17-2016, 06:07 PM
Theisman, Ismael, Clemons, and Allen to participate at season opener tailgate.
Now that's a reason to attend right there!

ArgoGabe22
06-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Also Kardinal Offishal and the Strumbellas will perform before the game. Not exactly sure where though.

Neely2005
06-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Also Kardinal Offishal and the Strumbellas will perform before the game. Not exactly sure where though.

At The Shipyard:

http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/06/17/191169/

ArgoZ
06-17-2016, 08:32 PM
Theisman, Ismael, Clemons, and Allen to participate at season opener tailgate.
Now that's a reason to attend right there!

Pretty darn cool. The "shipyard" has great potential too.

timlb01
06-17-2016, 08:53 PM
Pretty darn cool. The "shipyard" has great potential too.

This is outstanding!!!!! Well known entertainment, very very cool area for people who take transit, bike etc. I am impressed along with some great former players!! I am even more excited for Thursday. How many more sleeps!!!!!

ArgofanIan
06-17-2016, 09:46 PM
can't wait... have to tip your hat to these guys.... this game and this season looks to be a lot of fun... Let Go ARRRRGOS !!!

1argoholic
06-17-2016, 10:50 PM
Formers Argos are great. Know squat about the music.

Will
06-18-2016, 01:42 AM
I parked in the new tailgate lot in Hamilton tonight. Scott Park is being redeveloped and isn't being used. The new lot is where the Dominion Glass plant was located north of Barton. It'll take some getting used to that's for sure. Different surroundings, etc.

Argo57
06-18-2016, 09:33 AM
This is outstanding!!!!! Well known entertainment, very very cool area for people who take transit, bike etc. I am impressed along with some great former players!! I am even more excited for Thursday. How many more sleeps!!!!!

No clue who that band is TBH.

ArgoGabe22
06-18-2016, 09:36 AM

http://youtu.be/1Gm-y6c925s

1argoholic
06-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Nice to put fans to sleep before the game. I guess they'd be classed as folky, alternative. Better then I thought they'd be and at least it isn't some Bieber type CRAP!!!

I don't know the other guy but I take it he's a rap dude.

Argo57
06-18-2016, 10:33 AM
Nice to put fans to sleep before the game. I guess they'd be classed as folky, alternative. Better then I thought they'd be and at least it isn't some Bieber type CRAP!!!

Be careful buddy, you might be accused of being an old fart with those comments✌️

1argoholic
06-18-2016, 10:48 AM
I didn't hate the band. I listen to young punk bands. Not all young people play mellow or lame crap. hahaha. You just have to dig harder to find music but it's out there.

ArgoRavi
06-18-2016, 02:16 PM

Isn't Kardinal Offishal a huge Argos fan from at least back in the Rocket Ismail days?

ArgoGabe22
06-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Kardinal O is. He's been an halftime act once before. It's for the "urban types" and the Strumbellas are for the "hipsters". Both are from Toronto too. They don't care what the geezers think haha.

PullTogether73
06-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Isn't Kardinal Offishal a huge Argos fan from at least back in the Rocket Ismail days?

He has also been a judge at the Argonauts cheerleader tryouts for several years.

T-Bone
06-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Yes I realize that that's why I asked Where specifically it was sold and said: "and I didn't see it served anywhere in the stadium".
It's available here by Gate 3:

At TFC games at least.

Ron
06-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Nice to put fans to sleep before the game. I guess they'd be classed as folky, alternative.

They are trying to draw on the demographic that drinks that craft beer stuff.

Goes back to the Interbrew days when the Argos had pregame concerts at Roundhouse Park. (Kim Mitchell, etc) Those were a big part of why Argo attendance grew every season until Sherwood took over. (even after Flutie left)

Neely2005
06-19-2016, 01:56 PM

http://youtu.be/F9kXstb9FF4

Jayahre
06-19-2016, 02:16 PM
I parked in the new tailgate lot in Hamilton tonight. Scott Park is being redeveloped and isn't being used. The new lot is where the Dominion Glass plant was located north of Barton. It'll take some getting used to that's for sure. Different surroundings, etc.

A huge parking lot but easy access out to the QEW.

1argoholic
06-19-2016, 09:21 PM
I listen to bands who play killer punk, rockabilly and celtic punk that look younger then the Stombellas and I'm pushing 54. I drink craft beer not piss. It's just what you're into. I'm not into sterotypes, if I was I'd drink Pabst Blue Ribbon like most rockabilly guys. Great music, piss beer.haha.

Argoknot
06-19-2016, 09:36 PM
I drink craft beer not piss. It's just what you're into. I'm not into sterotypes, if I was I'd drink Pabst Blue Ribbon like most rockabilly guys. Great music, piss beer.haha.Sorry, but I don't buy into this at all. The big breweries aren't stupid and they don't hire amateurs to oversee them. Brewmasters are well aware of what the craft brewers are up to and know they have to compete with them. It's a high stakes game for the consumer dollar and these guys know their stuff.

I went to a beer focus group a long time ago and there were guys bragging about how much they knew about beer and how they could detect their beer from 50 feet away. They put five beers on the table in a blind taste test and none of these guys could tell the difference. The only thing that was a bigger joke was the fools they were making of themselves trying to explain it all away. These guys would call draft "skunk piss" and they didn't even know what draft was.

One Christmas, I was hosting a party so I figured I`d buy Heinies to please the majority. They did nothing for me, so seeing as I live across the street from a liquor store I decided to conduct an experiment in the summer. I tried all 7? of their discount beers and settled on a winner. So not only did it cost far less than the more expensive brand but it better suited my personal taste.

All I know is any beer, craft or mainstream is not going to be helped by being bottled or canned so I think much of this craft stuff is BS. Heard a funny line on the TSN Overdrive show with Mike Copeland. One of the hosts said they should offer 15 dollar craft beer and the Argo tailgate would be swarmed with hipsters :)

exhibitionargonaut
06-20-2016, 04:50 AM
I hope tailgating goes well. Do you think the 1st preseason game they hired models to make the area look all flashy?

The stadium is ok (nothing special) but they need to make it more of a tradition to attend. This is for concerts, fc, or anything that goes on in the stadium. Marina tailgating,etc - its yr 1 so there will be bumps but hopefully the city benefits big time.

1argoholic
06-20-2016, 11:53 AM
Argoknot you don't have to act and look like some sort of Hipster guy to enjoy quality craft beer. Plus there are tons of craft beers that taste like piss or bile to me. I love certain brewers beers and totally hate others they have. There is a craft beer for every taste. My beer tastes evolved along with my tastes in foods and passion for cooking. I used to basically be that hamburger and a Canadian guy. Once I was introduced to craft beers I found heaven. I try not to experiment to much anymore as I lean big time to more malty,dark rich ales and not hoppy beers or mainstream tasteless lagers. Mainstream brewers don't brew the types of beers I enjoy. Plus I'd rather support quality local products. The beer store is anything but Canadian owned. To each his own.

Craft beer doesn't have to be $15 a bottle. Beer is beer and craft beer people aren't like wine sipping, tilly hat, khaki pant wearing dorks. haha

Neely2005
06-23-2016, 08:49 PM
No Steam Whistle today, Hockley Valley Dark tall boys for $4 instead. Big improvement!

1argoholic
06-23-2016, 09:09 PM
You're shitting me aren't you Neely??

Argocister
06-24-2016, 12:06 AM
No Steam Whistle today, Hockley Valley Dark tall boys for $4 instead. Big improvement!

hope they have them there on the 13th in July!

Neely2005
06-24-2016, 12:47 AM
You're shitting me aren't you Neely??

Nope, it was regular size Bud, Bud Light and Hockley Valley Dark tall boys. Plus Cider and Coolers.

Hoping that they keep the Hockley Valley Dark. We didn't even realize that they had it at first.

paulwoods13
06-24-2016, 08:31 AM
At the Shipyard, tall boys (including Hockley) were selling for $7. Regular sized cans for $4.

1argoholic
06-24-2016, 09:02 AM
Hockley Valley Dark is one of my favorite beers. I'd put it up against any dark. Plus my Cairn terrier is named Hockley. haha. For different reasons. If was a special trout fishing area for my dad and I and his ashes are in that area. I take back what I said about the piss beer there. Someone with the Argos must read this site.

Tobythor
06-24-2016, 09:10 AM
I had a fantastic time at the tailgate at the Ontario Place lot. Looking forward to the next game I'm tailgating before on Friday August 12th.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8