PDA

View Full Version : Conference Board Of Canada Assesses Potential Markets For Future CFL Franchises

R.J
11-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Already posted this on the FOA forum, but it should all be here as well.

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/press/newsrelease/11-11-22/Grey_Cup_Runneth_Over_Conference_Board_Of_Canada_A ssesses_Potential_Markets_For_Future_CFL_Franchise s.aspx

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/reports/briefings/bigLeagues/briefing-11.aspx

shayman
11-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Interesting but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of insight in that report. By the criteria they're using - population, stadium, wealth of the area - the Argos should be a huge success.

argolio
11-23-2011, 10:57 PM
It's taking forever to get Ottawa back in so I can only imagine how long it will take to expand again.

If it happens, I'd like to see Quebec City as the tenth team. Three "Battles of Quebec" every year would be a great marketing tool and make for some intense football.

R.J
11-24-2011, 02:02 PM
It's taking forever to get Ottawa back in so I can only imagine how long it will take to expand again.

If it happens, I'd like to see Quebec City as the tenth team. Three "Battles of Quebec" every year would be a great marketing tool and make for some intense football.I would have to agree about Ottawa, it was announced in late 2008 that the Ottawa "..........'s" were coming back and there still has not been one shovel to hit the ground, however the stands have been taken down, so I suppose that's some progress. Even though I agree that having a team in Quebec city would be great for the CFL and La Belle Province, it would allow for football to grow to new heights in Quebec and the football boom currently would be nothing in comparison, sad reality is that Quebec City is more focused on bringing the NHL back as opposed to the great opportunity to bring in the CFL game. I'd love to see the league go coast to coast with a team in the Maritimes, still not sure which city should get the team (Moncton or Halifax), both have pros and cons obviously, so hopefully the league makes the right decision whatever that may be. I believe it was David Braley who brought up that the perfect situation would have seen Ottawa coming in with an expansion cousin/sister and I agree, but doesn't look like that will happen unless Ottawa is willing to wait for Halifax or Moncton to have a CFL ready stadium, which by the look of it could be possible if Ottawa goes any slower.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8