View Full Version : Q&A: Argos GM Barker talks draft, ratio and dealing with media criticism

R.J
06-08-2016, 10:54 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/qa-argos-gm-barker-talks-draft-ratio-dealing-media-criticism/

Sportsnet covering the Argonauts - what's going on here ?

1argoholic
06-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Good little read. I like Barker.

paulwoods13
06-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Good little read. I like Barker.

Can someone pls tuck this post away and bring it back out the next time you say the team's mgmt is SHITE?

Scooter McCray
06-08-2016, 02:20 PM
I feel fortunate as an Argo fan that good quality football people like Barker and Milanovich have put up with working in this market. They could both be working elsewhere, where they would actually be acknowledged and supported for putting a good team on the field year in and year out. If the media and sports journalists in this city really did their jobs, it would be reported on about how they are able to attract players and coach them up and keep them here even though practice facilities burn down, practice fields when they are available are in crappy condition, on and on and on and on since 2012. And they somehow managed to win a championship and finish in first in those years.

Gill The Thrill
06-11-2016, 12:41 PM
I feel fortunate as an Argo fan that good quality football people like Barker and Milanovich have put up with working in this market. They could both be working elsewhere, where they would actually be acknowledged and supported for putting a good team on the field year in and year out.

I know what you're trying to say, but they are paid, and probably paid well or they would be working somewhere else. The defense I thought was quite weak last year, and since they've been here, it's either been the run defence or the pass defence that's been near the bottom. Last year their pass defence was horrible. The secondary struggled against most top teams and against most number 1 QB's.

If they've improved that this season, then I'll be a little concerned about their run defense, especially since they've lost a guy like Euclid Cummings. Foley isn't getting younger, but let's see if he could stay on top of his game.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8