PDA

View Full Version : Argos Will Finish First in the East

Argo
06-10-2016, 11:13 PM
That's my prediction for when the dust settles, assuming:

- Ray returns to his usual form and / or the backup QB corps steps up if required (hopefully that won't be necessary).
- Lirim Hajrullahu makes us forget his previous season.
- The team isn't hobbled by an improbable string of significant injuries.

The Argos have many of the horses for this season's course, and they'll be well-coached. Indeed, the team is one big motivated, happy camper set to enjoy new digs and host the Grey Cup.

Who is going to stop the Argos' offence? Rhetorical question. No one.
And are we going to enjoy watching Stubler's defence do its thing? I think so.

Expect to see the Argos playing in the Grey Cup.

Neely2005
06-11-2016, 07:18 AM
If Ray stays healthy, I agree. I think having Stubler back and having a fair schedule for the first time in years is going to be huge for us.

Scooter McCray
06-11-2016, 09:55 AM
It's going to be a dogfight in the East between Toronto Hamilton and Ottawa and regardless where they finish I believe they will make it into the GC game.

R.J
06-11-2016, 10:02 AM
Toronto and Hamilton at the top. Not sure which will finish first, but it will make for an interesting battle. Hamilton has a very good team and good coaches; a lot will depend on how the young qb's handle things until Zach returns I suppose. I just don't see Ottawa finishing first in the East again - they do have a good team, but it's harder to stay on top once you get there than to start from the bottom and work your way up (IMO).

1argoholic
06-11-2016, 11:06 AM
I just hope we don't have too many penalty killing drives while the new guys learn the game. Since Milanovich has been coach we've had way too many. If Ray stays healthy and we can keep him upright and the D comes together we should do just fine. Ottawa takes a step back this year. Montreal will be looking up all year. Collaros has a terrible injury filled year again.

timlb01
06-11-2016, 11:28 AM
I think first will be between Toronto and Hamilton. I could see us finishing first. Last will be battle between Ottawa and Montreal. I see Ottawa finishing 3rd here. Prediction... Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa and Montreal. I already circled the later date on my playoff ticket.

Jayahre
06-11-2016, 12:25 PM
I just hope we don't have too many penalty killing drives while the new guys learn the game. Since Milanovich has been coach we've had way too many. If Ray stays healthy and we can keep him upright and the D comes together we should do just fine. Ottawa takes a step back this year. Montreal will be looking up all year. Collaros has a terrible injury filled year again.

Ottawa's Offense returns almost intact form last season in fact they got even stronger at QB with Harris as a backup to Burris. They were only the 2nd team in CFL history to have four 1,000 yard receivers and they are all returning this year.
I don't see Ottawa stepping back at all. Hamilton will struggle at QB and by the time ZC returns it will be too late for them to get into 1st or 2nd, the Argos 2nd, the Als 3rd, Ticats 4th

timlb01
06-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Ottawa's Offense returns almost intact form last season in fact they got even stronger at QB with Harris as a backup to Burris. They were only the 2nd team in CFL history to have four 1,000 yard receivers and they are all returning this year.
I don't see Ottawa stepping back at all. Hamilton will struggle at QB and by the time ZC returns it will be too late for them to get into 1st or 2nd, the Argos 2nd, the Als 3rd, Ticats 4th

Well I hope you are wrong about Hamilton. I would love to see the Eastern Final in Toronto vs Hamilton. How great would that be! The extra seats for the Grey Cup would be filled and there would be so much rivalry. What could be better than that except a Grey Cup victory the following week!!!

AngeloV
06-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Ottawa's Offense returns almost intact form last season in fact they got even stronger at QB with Harris as a backup to Burris.

This would only apply if Burris gets hurt. And if he does get hurt, which he didn't last season, they will instantly become weaker, and not stronger.

don't see Ottawa stepping back at all. Hamilton will struggle at QB and by the time ZC returns it will be too late for them to get into 1st or 2nd, the Argos 2nd, the Als 3rd, Ticats 4th

You must have recently been at a party with funny smoke in the air if you actually believe Hamilton will finish last.

OV Argo
06-11-2016, 02:36 PM

Ottawa lost a starting OT to the NFL, plus their OC Maas; their defence lost it's best player (Capiciotti), plus vet starters Shologan and Jovon Johnson - and their D was iffy to questionable last season; their kicking game is ultra questionable.

I'll bet they are under .500 this season.

jerrym
06-11-2016, 02:40 PM
1. Toronto
2. Hamilton
3. Ottawa.
4. Montreal

7dj83r8f78t4alf8