View Full Version : BMO Field field

sthfan1988
06-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Hopefully after yesterdays' soccer game where there were no lines and no damage to the grass were evident, the chatter from TFC fans will die away. It probably won't but congratulations to the grounds crew on a great job. Look forward the gridiron lines on Thursday!

Will
06-19-2016, 11:50 AM
I heard that the BMO Field field field survived mostly intact from the Argo game.

Argoknot
06-19-2016, 12:42 PM
Hopefully after yesterdays' soccer game where there were no lines and no damage to the grass were evident, the chatter from TFC fans will die away. It probably won't but congratulations to the grounds crew on a great job.I wouldn't count on that. They're still waiting for the first big rain during an Argos game. If it happens only once that will be enough for them to deem the groundshare a total failure. Some of them are already turning on Kurt Larson of the Sun (who would hardly be called Argo friendly) but who posted the BMO conditions are far better than at France and the Euros and the French aren't whining about it like the RPB do. It would be hilarious (and not out of character for them) if they banned Larson.

Will
06-19-2016, 01:16 PM
Larson's attitude towards the 'Argos @ BMO' has changed significantly in recent months. I think he is beginning to recognize the ridiculousness of some of the positions being put forth by TFC fans.

Argoknot
06-19-2016, 01:19 PM
^I agree, although Larson seems to be making some excuse that the media is MLSE unfriendly and wants the share to fail, when in reality it is many of the TFC fans. I assume he can't say that because then he'd be killing his bread and butter (the TFC beat). I doubt the media could care less.

PullTogether73
06-19-2016, 04:14 PM
Some of them are already turning on Kurt Larson of the Sun (who would hardly be called Argo friendly) but who posted the BMO conditions are far better than at France and the Euros and the French aren't whining about it like the RPB do.

The French may not be whining about the field conditions but FIFA officials have been, FYI.
These whiny people should figure out a way to have natural grass grown inside a domed stadium so rain will never be a factor.
Maybe the Blue Jays can help them.:D

7dj83r8f78t4alf8