PDA

View Full Version : Larry Taylor has signed

timlb01
06-20-2016, 09:08 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/argonauts-add-veteran-wr-taylor-1.511378

I think this a great signing. Hard to tell by the preseason action but I thought we had some short comings in our return game. This cannot hurt only help.

KCargosfan
06-20-2016, 10:00 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/argonauts-add-veteran-wr-taylor-1.511378

I think this a great signing. Hard to tell by the preseason action but I thought we had some short comings in our return game. This cannot hurt only help.

This kind of reeks of desperation to me. Dude was out of the league last year and is on the wrong side of 31. Hope this works out.

AngeloV
06-20-2016, 10:17 PM
If they were going to end up bringing him in, I think I would have preferred to give Wylie a shot. May be a stop gap move as Wylie may be banged up a bit. He was slow getting up at one point on Friday even though he did shake it off and play.

Argo57
06-20-2016, 10:17 PM
This kind of reeks of desperation to me. Dude was out of the league last year and is on the wrong side of 31. Hope this works out.

Yes, shows what the organization thinks of their current kick returners.
Strange, Barker has done a marvellous job in recruiting receiving talent but has struggled in finding a true threat at that position.

KCargosfan
06-20-2016, 10:28 PM
Yes, shows what the organization thinks of their current kick returners.
Strange, Barker has done a marvellous job in recruiting receiving talent but has struggled in finding a true threat at that position.

True. And to bring in a guy who is 31 is puzzling as well. Kick returners, like running backs, seem to strongly go downhill once they hit 30.

Stevoman
06-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Stop gap move due to injuries to all of their returners. If Wylie isn't injured, maybe his fumble back there got the coaches nervous for him to be the man on opening night?

ArgoRavi
06-21-2016, 12:40 AM
True. And to bring in a guy who is 31 is puzzling as well. Kick returners, like running backs, seem to strongly go downhill once they hit 30.

How old is Stefan Logan? He must be in the same neighbourhood age-wise as Taylor and he is still producing.

I agree with others on here about Wylie likely not being 100% yet. He looked a bit banged up to me during the Montreal game although I thought that he played reasonably well, save for the fumble.

ArgoGabe22
06-21-2016, 05:02 AM
Has Yonas Davis, who's been busted with drugs, been released from prison yet? What a waste of talent.

1argoholic
06-21-2016, 07:06 AM
Argogabe, no kidding eh. Some guys just might come from troubled areas and still fall back into bad decisions when they have a great future ahead of them. I couldn't believe that story when it came out. Didn't he get a long stint in the pen?

We had great luck finding returners but the last few years has been tough. Nothing like seeing that guy with no hesitation pick a whole and go. Or the Pinball types who could turn nothing into something huge. Bashir Levingston would be frustrating as he would run backwards but most times would end up turning it into a big gain.

I thought Taylor was older then he was. He's always been fairly solid.

timlb01
06-21-2016, 09:50 AM
I am sure this is a no risk situation for the Argos. I am sure they are paying him very little. I agree with Argoholic, the return game has been almost nonexistent over the past couple of years even with Owens. If he is utilized correctly this could be an upgrade for the team. No real risk just reward I think.

Argo
06-21-2016, 10:15 AM
How old is Stefan Logan? He must be in the same neighbourhood age-wise as Taylor and he is still producing.

I agree with others on here about Wylie likely not being 100% yet. He looked a bit banged up to me during the Montreal game although I thought that he played reasonably well, save for the fumble.

Pity the Argos' failure to sign Logan when the team had the opportunity to do so.

ArgoRavi
06-21-2016, 08:45 PM
Has Yonas Davis, who's been busted with drugs, been released from prison yet? What a waste of talent.

I think that he is out of prison on parole but I doubt that he would be able to get into Canada.

KCargosfan
06-22-2016, 01:05 AM

Stefan Logan is 35. There are exceptions to every rule, Logan being one of them. Logan was productive last year. Taylor was out of the league.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8