Hope BC comes up big in this one.

Will
06-30-2016, 08:18 AM
Hope BC comes up big in this one.

I doubt that they will.

AngeloV
06-30-2016, 11:23 AM
I doubt that they will.

They might. After all, I picked Hamilton.

R.J
07-01-2016, 02:10 PM
They might. After all, I picked Hamilton.
Isn't that going against your 1-17 prediction though ?

AngeloV
07-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Isn't that going against your 1-17 prediction though ?

All part of the master plan.

Argo57
07-01-2016, 03:47 PM
I will enjoy watching the Hamilton game more knowing the Argonauts bagged a win last night.

Argocister
07-01-2016, 04:48 PM
I will enjoy watching the Hamilton game more knowing the Argonauts bagged a win last night.
Same here ..... And the cats can beat up on them so the lions are in brutal shape next week :D

1argoholic
07-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Oh man I'm glad I only cheer for the Lions during games like today because those uni's SUCK!!! Those have white blobs on the helmet, ugly orange and where's the black. Should have just went back to the old brown, orange and white.

Go team in the ugly uni's go!!!!

Argo57
07-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Oh man I'm glad I only cheer for the Lions during games like today because those uni's SUCK!!! Those have white blobs on the helmet, ugly orange and where's the black. Should have just went back to the old brown, orange and white.

Go team in the ugly uni's go!!!!

BC back in the day had one of the nicer uniforms in the CFL, new ones are horrendous from colour scheme to design.

gilthethrill
07-01-2016, 08:25 PM
BC back in the day had one of the nicer uniforms in the CFL, new ones are horrendous from colour scheme to design.

I just got in and saw the Lions uniforms....I feel a strong urge to drive to the store at half time and purchase a box of orange cream sickles.

Argo57
07-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Hamilton is lucky to be this close, Tisdale is by far the weak link of Hamilton's D.

AngeloV
07-01-2016, 09:29 PM
I just got in and saw the Lions uniforms....I feel a strong urge to drive to the store at half time and purchase a box of orange cream sickles.

I actually like their road unis. Reminds me of Clemson Tigers.

AngeloV
07-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Masoli's confidence is down big time tonight. Like I said, would have been nice to get pressure on him last week.

Argo57
07-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Crazy league, hard to predict from week to week.
BC looks more than capable of beating anyone in this league, Argonauts better bring their A game next week!!

AngeloV
07-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Crazy league, hard to predict from week to week.
BC looks more than capable of beating anyone in this league, Argonauts better bring their A game next week!!

Wally Buono isn't an idiot. His record speaks for itself, yet he got very little respect in that other thread.

gilthethrill
07-01-2016, 09:56 PM
I actually like their road unis. Reminds me of Clemson Tigers.

I really love orange cream sickles.....

Wobbler
07-01-2016, 10:30 PM
So... Hamilton clobbered us, and now the Lions have clobbered Hamilton. Next week should be interesting.

Ron
07-02-2016, 12:52 AM
Great visual at the game tonight. BC's uni's were a perfect match for the Pizza Pizza ad on the back of their bench.

Will
07-02-2016, 12:56 AM
So... Hamilton clobbered us, and now the Lions have clobbered Hamilton. Next week should be interesting.

It will be a test for the Argos. BC has quite a defense by the look of it, and Jennings is solid if not spectacular at QB. Masoli looked awful tonight, it is hard to believe that this it the same QB who lit up the Argos for 300+ passing yards last week.

Ron
07-02-2016, 01:33 AM
It will be a test for the Argos. BC has quite a defense by the look of it, and Jennings is solid if not spectacular at QB. Masoli looked awful tonight, it is hard to believe that this it the same QB who lit up the Argos for 300+ passing yards last week.

His receivers vs the Argos were way more open than they were against the Lions.

KCargosfan
07-02-2016, 02:44 AM
This performance makes Stubler's strategy against Hamilton in the opener even more baffling.

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 04:23 AM
This performance makes Stubler's strategy against Hamilton in the opener even more baffling.

I still have faith in Stubler. While the players have to understand his system and that may take a few weeks, I think he's also still trying to figure out his own personnel. This is definitely a less experienced group (secondary) than he had in Calgary.

Golden Fleece
07-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Two thoughts:

1. BC Lions helmet logo hard to see on TV regardless of colour. Seems like a fail.

2. CFL teams 2-6 in home openers so far. Whether due to pressure, overconfidence, or playing up to the home crowd instead of focusing on the game, it makes it a little easier to accept the loss at BMO.

Argo57
07-02-2016, 08:29 AM
Wally Buono isn't an idiot. His record speaks for itself, yet he got very little respect in that other thread.

Winningest coach in the CFL, no kidding he's not an idiot.
Many were questioning whether he was past it when he announced his return.

doubleblue
07-02-2016, 10:24 AM

I can't believe BC agreed to wear these uniform's. Must be some money in it for them.

PullTogether73
07-02-2016, 10:30 AM
I can't believe BC agreed to wear these uniform's. Must be some money in it for them.

I can't believe people liked their previous uniforms.
Bland as dry toast.
I like that they have moved back to black/orange for their home uniforms. They need some tweaking imo though.
Like the away white/orange unis except for the helmet logo.

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 10:46 AM

Which I didn't understand, seeing as how he won the Grey Cup in his last year as head coach. It's not like he last coached in the 90's.

1argoholic
07-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Thanks BC!! Hamilton looked great to me.

R.J
07-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Freaking Hamilton screwed up my pickem this week. As for Wally - I think part of the issue was that under Wally's watch the team went down hill, and there were heavy rumours that Wally never really left and was always overlooking the shoulders of the HC's at the time.

Will
07-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Freaking Hamilton screwed up my pickem this week. As for Wally - I think part of the issue was that under Wally's watch the team went down hill, and there were heavy rumours that Wally never really left and was always overlooking the shoulders of the HC's at the time.

I would agree with that explanation about Wally.

For some reason I had a lapse in judgment and had picked the Alouettes to beat the Redblacks.

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 02:09 PM
His receivers vs the Argos were way more open than they were against the Lions.

All due to pressure.

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 02:12 PM
As for Wally - I think part of the issue was that under Wally's watch the team went down hill, and there were heavy rumours that Wally never really left and was always overlooking the shoulders of the HC's at the time.

Went downhill as a coach, or GM? Can't be as a coach, because as mentioned, they won the Cup his last year as coach. As GM, it's hard to say. Coaches usually get final word on starters for their roster, and having an injured Lulay sure didn't help.

Argo57
07-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Austin looked relatively well behaved last night considering how the Ticats were playing.

Will
07-02-2016, 02:52 PM
The failure to score points at the end of the first half is really what took the wind out of the Ticat sails. Masoli had formed a bit of chemistry with Owens on that drive, but Maher missed the FG and the Ticats got no points out of it.

argolio
07-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Ticats let down the East.

I like BCs helmets. And their road unis are definitely better than the home ones.

R.J
07-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Went downhill as a coach, or GM? Can't be as a coach, because as mentioned, they won the Cup his last year as coach. As GM, it's hard to say. Coaches usually get final word on starters for their roster, and having an injured Lulay sure didn't help.
As a GM when he stepped down as HC. The talent went downhill and as I mentioned there were very loud rumours that Wally never gave up full control, which lead to issues. Benevides brought up during a CFL on TSN telecast that the team did a good job during the offseason getting rid of some of the locker room issues, and there were rumours that some of the vets never really saw Bene as "the guy", because Buono was still upstairs pulling the strings. Even under Tedford there were rumblings that Wally was still heavily involved. While just rumours; you know the old saying "where there's smokes there's........."

When Wally is in full control there's zero question that he's a winner, but as a "GM only" there were some issues.

KCargosfan
07-02-2016, 05:40 PM

Maybe we should hold off on claiming Buono is still a brilliant coach after 2 games, especially when they were lucky as hell to win the opener against Calgary.

Will
07-02-2016, 11:52 PM
Maybe we should hold off on claiming Buono is still a brilliant coach after 2 games, especially when they were lucky as hell to win the opener against Calgary.

He's got that defense playing outstanding to start the season. Jennings doesn't blow anybody away, but Wally game planned very effectively against that Hamilton defense.

ArgoRavi
07-03-2016, 12:02 AM
As a GM when he stepped down as HC. The talent went downhill and as I mentioned there were very loud rumours that Wally never gave up full control, which lead to issues. Benevides brought up during a CFL on TSN telecast that the team did a good job during the offseason getting rid of some of the locker room issues, and there were rumours that some of the vets never really saw Bene as "the guy", because Buono was still upstairs pulling the strings. Even under Tedford there were rumblings that Wally was still heavily involved. While just rumours; you know the old saying "where there's smokes there's........."

When Wally is in full control there's zero question that he's a winner, but as a "GM only" there were some issues.

I agree with both of the above posts. The Argos/Lions clash should be a very interesting one this Thursday night.

DanoT
07-03-2016, 03:01 PM

A team may have a bounce go their way or a potential interception dropped on either side, but anytime you hold the Stamps to under 20 points, there is more than luck involved.

Anytime you fly across the country to play at THF and you go out and hold the best O in week 1 to 3 points, it is insane but there is no luck involved at all.

OV Argo
07-03-2016, 04:55 PM
A team may have a bounce go their way or a potential interception dropped on either side, but anytime you hold the Stamps to under 20 points, there is more than luck involved.

Anytime you fly across the country to play at THF and you go out and hold the best O in week 1 to 3 points, it is insane but there is no luck involved at all.

BC D has looked pretty good; but - the game in Hamilton was played in super windy conditions, and the Ticats were QB'd by Masoli and not Collaros, and Kenty's offence has zero ability/notion of anything but all pass = they are not able to adapt and go to a strong ground game in adverse conditions; BC did have some success with the run.

I'll look at a few more games before I declare the BC defence insanely good (and BTW - love to see a CFL defence emerge in that category - like some of the Ticat Ds of the 60s); or before declaring Wally redux a coaching genius.

KCargosfan
07-03-2016, 05:27 PM

Two missed field goals and two Stamps players running into each other on an interception return that prevented a TD = luck.

DanoT
07-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Two missed field goals and two Stamps players running into each other on an interception return that prevented a TD = luck.

Yup it was luck that won the game for BC or rather is was the Stamps beating themselves which is what all the football writers and bloggers said as they to a man (or woman) predicted an easy TiCat win over BC, with some podcasters even laughing about the thought of BC beating the TICats. After BC limited the TiCat team that scored 42 point against the Argos to 3 points (and it wasn't even a field goal) they are all singing a different tune now...except you.

AngeloV
07-03-2016, 07:25 PM
Yup it was luck that won the game for BC or rather is was the Stamps beating themselves which is what all the football writers and bloggers said as they to a man (or woman) predicted an easy TiCat win over BC, with some podcasters even laughing about the thought of BC beating the TICats. After BC limited the TiCat team that scored 42 point against the Argos to 3 points (and it wasn't even a field goal) they are all singing a different tune now...except you.

BC has looked very good IMO, especially on D. But there is no denying that the Stamps beat themselves in BC. First and goal on the 1, and not trying Messam at least once while coming out with zero points? That cost Calgary that game. The next time down, Messam scored easily.

Argo57
07-03-2016, 07:37 PM

I'll say it again, winningest coach in CFL history, not sure how much more he needs to prove to anyone.
To quote many on this site "a win is a win".

R.J
07-03-2016, 07:42 PM
BC's defence has looked good, but there offense not so much. Khari Jones is their OC, and he's not known for orchestrating good offences. It might take time though and they do have a young QB.

Wally's record speaks for itself, so while it's still early; history shows that Wally should have a competitive team.

KCargosfan
07-04-2016, 02:06 AM

What do the writers/bloggers have to do with anything? I never made any predictions on BC/Hamilton, but you can't seem to grasp that BC is lucky as all get out to be 1-1. BC had a good game against Hamilton, that has nothing to do with week 1 when they hit the lottery by the Stamps bumbling a few plays that would have been an extra 11 points (assuming those two missed field goals were singles).

KCargosfan
07-04-2016, 02:08 AM
I'll say it again, winningest coach in CFL history, not sure how much more he needs to prove to anyone.
To quote many on this site "a win is a win".

Everyone gets over the hill at some point. If not, Bill Parcells would still be coaching.

DanoT
07-04-2016, 07:51 AM
What do the writers/bloggers have to do with anything? I never made any predictions on BC/Hamilton, but you can't seem to grasp that BC is lucky as all get out to be 1-1. BC had a good game against Hamilton, that has nothing to do with week 1 when they hit the lottery by the Stamps bumbling a few plays that would have been an extra 11 points (assuming those two missed field goals were singles).

And here I thought that BC's goal line stand against the Stamps where they stopped them 3 or was it 4 times from inside the 3 yard line was due to excellent play by BC. But no, I have been corrected by you KC, as it was luck on behalf of BC that prevented a TD.

Will
07-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Gentlemen, is it worth it for a game between two teams not involving the Argos?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8