PDA

View Full Version : CFL highlights made Sports Center down here...

KCargosfan
07-01-2016, 01:49 AM
Unfortunately it was for Carter's antics. Dude needs to be suspended for at least a game, maybe more.

ArgoGabe22
07-01-2016, 05:14 AM
I didn't see the whole thing live but did see a replay of the bump afterwards. People on Twitter are putting more blame on Campbell then he should be getting IMO. Coaches cross the out of bounds line all the time when there isn't a play going on. I'm not buying the he went into Carter first either. I put 100% of the blame on Carter.

It is possible Carter was concussed/confused. To my knowledge he did get hit pretty hard just before the incident. Still not an excuse but it is possible.

ArgoZ
07-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Unfortunately it was for Carter's antics. Dude needs to be suspended for at least a game, maybe more.

No harm, no foul is my stand. He barely bumped into a coach, who dropped like a TFC player and was 5 yards onto the field. If Carter faces any discipline, then there is a handful of others that should get the same or more (illegal headshot on catch, Ottawa staff on field of play, assault like punch in the back of Carter, etc). Montreal is becoming a team that you just love if your a fan but everyone's detests around the league.

PullTogether73
07-01-2016, 10:08 AM
I'm with ArgoGabe22 on this one.
Coach Campbell was on the field by a few metres AFTER the play was over. That happens all the time.
Carter made sure he walked right up to Campbell. He didn't have to, nor did he have to bump him.
And while Campbell MAY have gone down a little dramatically, I still think he would have gone down from the bump.

Anything after that from the Ottawa bench was deserved by Carter imo.
He was parading around and waving as if he was a returning war hero.

Suspend him for a game - or put another way, send the little child for a time-out.

Argo57
07-01-2016, 10:15 AM
I'm with ArgoGabe22 on this one.
Coach Campbell was on the field by a few metres AFTER the play was over. That happens all the time.
Carter made sure he walked right up to Campbell. He didn't have to, nor did he have to bump him.
And while Campbell MAY have gone down a little dramatically, I still think he would have gone down from the bump.

Anything after that from the Ottawa bench was deserved by Carter imo.
He was parading around and waving as if he was a returning war hero.

Suspend him for a game - or put another way, send the little child for a time-out.

Carter said during a post game interview he didn't realize he bumped Campbell.
He comes across as a bit of an imbecile IMO, perhaps growing up watching the Randy Moss's of the world influenced him.

Argo
07-01-2016, 10:39 AM
No harm, no foul is my stand. He barely bumped into a coach, who dropped like a TFC player and was 5 yards onto the field. If Carter faces any discipline, then there is a handful of others that should get the same or more (illegal headshot on catch, Ottawa staff on field of play, assault like punch in the back of Carter, etc). Montreal is becoming a team that you just love if your a fan but everyone's detests around the league.

Suspend both Carter and Mr. Illegal Headshot for one game, fine Campbell for his territorial expansionism, and put the freaking teams on opposite sides of the field. Problem solved.

paulwoods13
07-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Suspend both Carter and Mr. Illegal Headshot for one game, fine Campbell for his territorial expansionism, and put the freaking teams on opposite sides of the field. Problem solved.

No to separating the teams. It's probably not possible at TD Place (definitely not possible at BMO) and it's a selling point for the stadium IMO. Having spent years behind just one bench, and unable to see anything meaningful on the other, I'm loving being on the same side as both at BMO.

ArgoZ
07-01-2016, 11:18 AM

Yes, you could do all those things, maybe rightfully so. It seems that everything balanced out anyway. I still say move on and don't hurt the guys pay checks. Football scrum, seen plenty before, far worse.

AngeloV
07-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Yes, you could do all those things, maybe rightfully so. It seems that everything balanced out anyway. I still say move on and don't hurt the guys pay checks. Football scrum, seen plenty before, far worse.

That's the way I see it as well.

Ron
07-01-2016, 02:02 PM
It is possible Carter was concussed/confused. To my knowledge he did get hit pretty hard just before the incident. Still not an excuse but it is possible.

After seeing his post game interview ... he was either concussed or he was on something else.

I still put this 100% on Carter. If anything the Ottawa bench showed restraint by not beating the living crap out of him.

R.J
07-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Campbell also went for a shoulder bump. Both were at fault here and both IMO should be penalized.

gilthethrill
07-01-2016, 03:47 PM
For sure one of the most entertaining post TD situations I have seen. If Carter had a problem with the hit in the endzone, he should have confronted that Ottawa player...not bump into the coach who had nothing to do with it. He is lucky to leave the Ottawa bench in one piece.

Argo57
07-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Campbell also went for a shoulder bump. Both were at fault here and both IMO should be penalized.

Campbell did a reverse Greg "The Hammer" Valentine manoeuvre on the bump.

Argo57
07-01-2016, 03:57 PM
After seeing his post game interview ... he was either concussed or he was on something else.

I still put this 100% on Carter. If anything the Ottawa bench showed restraint by not beating the living crap out of him.

Maybe he is trying to be the CFL version of Terrell Owens?

gilthethrill
07-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Campbell did a reverse Greg "The Hammer" Valentine manoeuvre on the bump.

LOL....good one Argo57...reverse Greg" The Hammer" Valentine.....good one!

Double Dare
07-01-2016, 06:42 PM
I don't really care.

AngeloV
07-01-2016, 07:44 PM
I know there is a lot of hate for Carter (mostly due to Rod Black), but I don't get how anyone can think he is more to blame than Campbell here. Yes he was running by the Montreal bench yapping, likely saying it's take more than a cheap hit to stop him. Fact is, he was already running by the bench, when Campbell came out and deliberately got in his way, and flopped. If Campbell doesn't deliberately do that, he just yaps all the way back to his own bench.

On a side note, it took the return of Dave Foxcroft for the first game in 2016 to get out of hand. Coincidence? I think not.

PullTogether73
07-01-2016, 08:40 PM
I know there is a lot of hate for Carter (mostly due to Rod Black), but I don't get how anyone can think he is more to blame than Campbell here. Yes he was running by the Montreal bench yapping, likely saying it's take more than a cheap hit to stop him. Fact is, he was already running by the bench, when Campbell came out and deliberately got in his way, and flopped. If Campbell doesn't deliberately do that, he just yaps all the way back to his own bench.

Wow.
I have no idea how you see it that way.

I just rewatched the tape several times.

Carter is not "running" at any time as he approaches the REDBLACKS bench. He is walking in a deliberate path toward their sideline.
He goes out of his way to walk right in to Coach Campbell who was stationary a few metres on the field.
He clearly leans into Campbell and bumps him.
He then continues walking along the REDBLACKS sideline, waving to the fans as if he's some sort of hero.

Suspend him for the intentional bumping of a coach.
Kent Austin at least got fined last year for pushing an Argonauts receiver.

AngeloV
07-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Wow.
I have no idea how you see it that way.

I just rewatched the tape several times.

Carter is not "running" at any time as he approaches the REDBLACKS bench. He is walking in a deliberate path toward their sideline.
He goes out of his way to walk right in to Coach Campbell who was stationary a few metres on the field.
He clearly leans into Campbell and bumps him.
He then continues walking along the REDBLACKS sideline, waving to the fans as if he's some sort of hero.

Suspend him for the intentional bumping of a coach.
Kent Austin at least got fined last year for pushing an Argonauts receiver.

You obviously see it the way you want to see it. He was jogging along the sidelines yelling and Campbell clearly moved into his path. He definitely put his hands up walking along their sideline after the bump, to show he was not retaliating at the 2 or 3 punches he took. Your comments reek of those from someone that just doesn't like Carter.

PullTogether73
07-01-2016, 10:49 PM
You obviously see it the way you want to see it. He was jogging along the sidelines yelling and Campbell clearly moved into his path. He definitely put his hands up walking along their sideline after the bump, to show he was not retaliating at the 2 or 3 punches he took. Your comments reek of those from someone that just doesn't like Carter.

And you obviously see it the way you want to see it.
Carter was walking, not jogging, and made a clear turn to a stationary Campbell who was not in Carter's path.
Your comments reek of those from someone that doesn't like Campbell.

Wobbler
07-01-2016, 11:20 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DuronCarter?src=hash">#DuronCarter</a> People may do dumb things after they take a blow to the head and don't realize it. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/prefrontalcortex?src=hash">#prefrontalcortex</a> <a href="https://t.co/G7fXmUCJKN">pic.twitter.com/G7fXmUCJKN</a></p>&mdash; Jon Cornish (@jonnycornish) <a href="https://twitter.com/jonnycornish/status/748987738351767552">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Cornish is no neurophysiologist, but I think he knows what he is talking about.

1argoholic
07-01-2016, 11:35 PM
I guess Carter has taken dozens of blows to his head. Plus his dad was and is a total arsehole.

ArgoGabe22
07-02-2016, 02:24 AM
I don't see much movement from Campbell either but maybe i'm just seeing a condensed highlight where only the bump is shown. Campbell does lean in with his shoulder a bit but I don't see him walking in the direction of Carter.

I do know sometimes coaches do step on the field to set up or make sure everything is correct (personnel etc.) for the next play. They would have been getting ready for a PAT defence. So I would think that would be the STC job to do so. I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Carter could've also said something which prompted Campbell to go onto the field. Maybe Campbell wanted to or did say something and thus moved closer.

It's nothing new though, time to move on. I wonder how social media would've reacted to Adam Rita vs Jeff Reinebold.

Will
07-02-2016, 09:06 AM
I guess Carter has taken dozens of blows to his head. Plus his dad was and is a total arsehole.

Was he? I always liked him when he wore purple and gold?

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Was he? I always liked him when he wore purple and gold?

Wed tend to throw out personalities when a player performs well for the teams we cheer for.

argolio
07-02-2016, 03:03 PM
If anything the Ottawa bench showed restraint by not beating the living crap out of him.I think they may have done just that if Carter's momentum had been stopped from moving towards the Montreal sideline.

PullTogether73
07-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Exactly as expected, Carter suspended one game, Campbell fined.

Time to move on from this.

Gill The Thrill
07-05-2016, 08:00 AM

Somebody said he grew up watching Randy Moss. From all accounts, Cris Carter was one of the biggest A-holes in the game. I remember hearing former Canadian Punter for the Vikings, Mitch Berger, saying Duron's dad was one of the biggest jerks and least liked players on his team. He admitted that he had the best hands of any receiver he's ever seen and played with, but also stated that he privately hoped he would drop passes thrown his way, if only to keep his arrogant attitude in check.

This clown actually walked to ex-teamates in Canton, Ohio when being inducted into the HOF and asked them, "if it was worth it." Worth it for them to block for him and the privilege to have played with him...if that doesn't smack of being a self-centred jerk, what does? No wonder those Viking teams would choke in the playoffs and not even play in a Super Bowl, let alone win one with character and team leaders like that.

...By the way, I'm a Vikings fan. I remember that 15-1 season chokejob in '99 and even worse that 41-0 loss in the NFC championship to the New York Giants...41-0 loss for a team that had their talent, that's purely attributed to attitude.

Gill The Thrill
07-05-2016, 08:07 AM
The only appropriate response to a CFL highlight making ESPN Sportscentre should be, "Who cares?" I for one don't need affirmation that the CFL is worthy to watch because their highlights make ESPN. It is a rational reason why it doesn't. There are no American teams so the interest is not exactly regional although there are many American players.

The only reason it made ESPN Sportscentre in the states is because it was Cris Carter's son. Had it been "Joe Schmoe", a Canadian receiver from from CIS school, it probably would not have.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8