PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Lemon on the outs in Saskatchewan

Will
07-02-2016, 01:18 AM
Should the Argos be interested in him?

I think so as I am not convinced that Foley and Hickman are the answers at DE.

ArgoRavi
07-02-2016, 01:45 AM
Should the Argos be interested in him?

I think so as I am not convinced that Foley and Hickman are the answers at DE.

While it would be nice to acquire Lemon, I would guess that he has a big ticket. A key question would be whether the Argos can fit him under the cap.

ArgoGabe22
07-02-2016, 02:28 AM
As someone pointed out else where (AV or Ravi), Lemon's best season was under Stubler. Now, would Stubler even want him is the question?

KCargosfan
07-02-2016, 02:39 AM
While it would be nice to acquire Lemon, I would guess that he has a big ticket. A key question would be whether the Argos can fit him under the cap.

Apparently, Lemon received something like $85K up front from the Riders, and is due around another $60-70K for the season. When you take into the fact the Riders have already covered his first two paychecks, it wouldn't be all that much money.

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 04:20 AM
Apparently, Lemon received something like $85K up front from the Riders, and is due around another $60-70K for the season. When you take into the fact the Riders have already covered his first two paychecks, it wouldn't be all that much money.

Cash, no. But the full amount (or 8/9ths) would count against the Argos cap. They would likely have to send Hickman away for it to happen. I wouldn't give up a high draft pick.

doubleblue
07-02-2016, 10:17 AM
I'm not seeing the Hickman of a few years ago that got him a look in the NFL. Lemon is maybe going through the NFL scenario (I'm to good for this League), but he was good with Ottawa last year. Maybe the best thing for the Argos is to hope Okpalaugo comes back from his LB try out with Miami. He is 30 years old and the NFL doesn't seem to keep older players like him around unless they are starting.

Will
07-02-2016, 01:17 PM
I'm not seeing the Hickman of a few years ago that got him a look in the NFL. Lemon is maybe going through the NFL scenario (I'm to good for this League), but he was good with Ottawa last year. Maybe the best thing for the Argos is to hope Okpalaugo comes back from his LB try out with Miami. He is 30 years old and the NFL doesn't seem to keep older players like him around unless they are starting.

Okpalaugo is only 26 and his tryout is with the Cardinals.

doubleblue
07-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Okpalaugo is only 26 and his tryout is with the Cardinals.

You are correct on both fronts. I knew Oko was younger than 30 once I thought about it. The Argo 2015 TC sheet had him listed as Born in 1985. So he might not be back so soon even if he does get cut, as three other teams tried to sign him.

R.J
07-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Wait it out and see if the Riders release him or are willing to trade for a low pick or neg list guy.

Argo57
07-02-2016, 04:35 PM
I bet he's glad he signed with Chris Jones.

KCargosfan
07-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Cash, no. But the full amount (or 8/9ths) would count against the Argos cap. They would likely have to send Hickman away for it to happen. I wouldn't give up a high draft pick.

From what I read, I was under the impression the signing bonus he received still counts against the Riders cap?

R.J
07-02-2016, 07:37 PM
From what I read, I was under the impression the signing bonus he received still counts against the Riders cap?
That's my understanding as well.

KCargosfan
07-02-2016, 09:03 PM
That's my understanding as well.

If this is the case, then the Riders have already wasted close to $115K on Lemon and Mo. Price, two players who won't play more than a combined 1 game for them.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8