PDA

View Full Version : How long before Mike O'Shea is fired by the Bombers?

PullTogether73
07-02-2016, 04:01 AM
One could always claim that he hasn't been given the tools (players) to succeed, but his record in the 'Peg has been dismal.
New OC (LaPolice) buys him time, as they need to implement the new system, but I figure that losing gets tedious, especially for the fans, and the first two games this season have been ugly for the Bombers.

Thoughts?

ArgoGabe22
07-02-2016, 04:04 AM
Winning free agency doesn't always equal success. I say he has 6-8 games to figure it out.

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 04:09 AM
I like O'Shea, but his game day decisions have not always been the greatest. He constantly butchers his challenges, including last night. A non challenge of a reception which was clearly an incompletion kept a drive alive that turned into a TD and opened the flood gates.

Will
07-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Closer to Labour Day is what I'd suspect--seems to be the precedent.

Argoknot
07-02-2016, 09:29 AM
I like O'Shea, but his game day decisions have not always been the greatest. He constantly butchers his challengesThat was something in Toronto that he seemed to excel at. I think it will be a mistake for Winnipeg to fire him because it will just reinforce the culture of losing, looking for a quick fix, and putting another ex coach on the payroll that they can't afford. They're on the right track and it will take some time (which he hasn't got). The best case scenario if they have to fire him will be to put in Lapo and a minimum of changes.

I thought Osh had the ability to be the next Wally but he got off to a bad start and hasn't been able to get out of it. I just hope the BOD doesn't go crazy and fire everybody, it won't help. BTW maybe he should get off those damn ammonia packs, it might be screwing up his mind.

doubleblue
07-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Good QB's make good Coaches. I can't see Willey starting for any other team in the League. The rumour was in the off season that Winnipeg went hard after Trevor Harris and it was probably true. But I hope the Bombers can turn it around as I like Mike O'Shea.

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 10:42 AM
But I hope the Bombers can turn it around as I like Mike O'Shea.

I'm with you on this.

OV Argo
07-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Good QB's make good Coaches. I can't see Willey starting for any other team in the League. The rumour was in the off season that Winnipeg went hard after Trevor Harris and it was probably true. But I hope the Bombers can turn it around as I like Mike O'Shea.

Yep; and the Bummers are going nowhere with Willy as the starter - even though he is an improvement on some of the sorry QBs that came before him there, he just isn't an accurate enough passer IMO, and he doesn't have good mobility or anything much else to overcome his average at best passing arm; then, he's saddled with a predictable dullard like LaPolice as OC now = about the same as Bell-fool before - O'Shea and Walters looking like clown gobs with a lot of their moves IMO, and 2 straight horrible OCs has not helped their cause.

Nature of the beast if both O'Shea and Walters get fired - and if they keep losing they deserve it; how many seasons do they expect to get it together in the CFL? - the expansion RedBlacks made the GC in their 2nd season.

R.J
07-02-2016, 12:30 PM
O'Shea will probably get 3-4 more games, but changes are a coming, Walters should be fired as well; terrible GM whp's had one decent draft and can't recruit (McManus' fault as well IMO) to save his life. You don't win in the long term by "winning" free agency - Walters and Co. haven't figured this out. Bombers are screwed for a very long time and a complete overhaul is the way to go; Lapo IMO is not the answer.

Not having a good QB also doesn't help. Willy is absolutely terrible - unless of course you don't pressure him.

Argoknot
07-02-2016, 12:57 PM
They're really not that bad, if they push the panic button soon it will be a mistake

Will
07-02-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm just trying to think of previous precedents and it seems like most coaches who are fired mid-season tend to last until +/- a few weeks of Labour Day. I think Dan Hawkins got the boot much earlier in 2013 though.

OV Argo
07-02-2016, 01:21 PM
They're really not that bad, if they push the panic button soon it will be a mistake

Agreed, they'e not that bad - they're just not that good either and very unlikely to finish .500 and make the play-offs - and in a CFL where nobody IMO is that good either. A lot of mediocrity in the league now (which is good for competitive games - there is nobody close to a powerhouse that will blow-away most other teams in most games). Smart coaching should be able to win a few extra games when it certainly (IMO) is not that they are over-matched across the roster; and a smart GM & HC should be able to realize that the QB they have is just not good enough to win running standard, same-old CFL offence.

Again - how long are long-suffering Bummer fans expected to sit and watch losing seasons? - and when it can be pointed out that the expansion RedBlacks made the GC in their 2nd season?

I like O'Shea lots - one of my all-time fave CFL players - and was pulling for him as a CFL coach; but he seems in over his head as a HC maybe, and surrounding himself with same-old, recycled coaches like Bell-fool/ LaPolice & Richie Hall was a big mistake IMO. Coulda tried to be original or different or, innovative, but tried the good ole way instead - both in terms of style of play / play-book AND roster thinking. Not working out too well, huh; maybe they could turn it around with a big remainder of the season though ?

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Agreed, they'e not that bad - they're just not that good either and very unlikely to finish .500 and make the play-offs - and in a CFL where nobody IMO is that good either. A lot of mediocrity in the league now (which is good for competitive games - there is nobody close to a powerhouse that will blow-away most other teams in most games). Smart coaching should be able to win a few extra games when it certainly (IMO) is not that they are over-matched across the roster; and a smart GM & HC should be able to realize that the QB they have is just not good enough to win running standard, same-old CFL offence.

Again - how long are long-suffering Bummer fans expected to sit and watch losing seasons? - and when it can be pointed out that the expansion RedBlacks made the GC in their 2nd season?

I like O'Shea lots - one of my all-time fave CFL players - and was pulling for him as a CFL coach; but he seems in over his head as a HC maybe, and surrounding himself with same-old, recycled coaches like Bell-fool/ LaPolice & Richie Hall was a big mistake IMO. Coulda tried to be original or different or, innovative, but tried the good ole way instead - both in terms of style of play / play-book AND roster thinking. Not working out too well, huh; maybe they could turn it around with a big remainder of the season though ?

I'm shocked that your CTRL ALT C and CTRL ALT V buttons still work with the amount of copy and pastes that go into the majority of your posts. If I hated anything as much as your posts dictate your hate for the league today, I would absolutely not be watching it.

Argoknot
07-02-2016, 01:51 PM
they're just not that good either and very unlikely to finish .500 and make the play-offs - and in a CFL where nobody IMO is that good either. A lot of mediocrity in the league now (which is good for competitive games - there is nobody close to a powerhouse that will blow-away most other teams in most games). That's contradictory and doesn't make much sense, if anything if gives the Bombers hope. I tend to agree that there doesn't yet seem to be a dominant team (early yet) so there should be a lotta parity this year. Again, good for the Bombers.

The Redblacks comparison is disingenuous, you could say every team should have a two year rebuild, it don't work that way. Obviously many factors including good fortune are involved, one of which is your team having your star QB surviving the whole season unlike all the other clubs.

Argoknot
07-02-2016, 01:56 PM
If I hated anything as much as your posts dictate your hate for the league today, I would absolutely not be watching it.I always wonder about that; if some posters aren't actually fans of a certain fan group I do not care for (in another sport) that want to kill the league or have some other agenda.

If it pains some people so much why do they post? There's no logical reason except they want to help get rid the league.

It just seems to some this year, while things are ok they should be better. There seems to be this lofty expectation this year and if the league or teams don`t meet it, they`re a failure. Argos get 95% capacity but they don`t sell out, after one game it`s a failure. I call bullshit on that.

I don`t know where it is coming from but there is some sort of negative agenda permeating things this year that goes far beyond simple criticism. Has anyone said how many spectacular catches were made in that Winnipeg/Calgary game? Let's get the focus back on to the right things.

Will
07-02-2016, 01:58 PM
That's contradictory and doesn't make much sense, if anything if gives the Bombers hope. I tend to agree that there doesn't yet seem to be a dominant team (early yet) so there should be a lotta parity this year. Again, good for the Bombers.

The Redblacks comparison is disingenuous, you could say every team should have a two year rebuild, it don't work that way. Obviously many factors including good fortune are involved, one of which is your team having your star QB surviving the whole season unlike all the other clubs.

As well as 4 or 5 solid to elite receivers falling into your lap and your offensive line remaining healthy for the entire season.

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 02:03 PM
I always wonder about that; if some posters aren't actually fans of a certain fan group I do not care for (in another sport) that want to kill the league or have some other agenda.

If it pains some people so much why do they post? There's no logical reason except they want to help get rid the league.

Not suggesting OV hates the league, I know better than that. He often posts great things. Just sometimes the focus on negative is way higher than it should be IMO. But then again, after a loss, I think the same about the majority of posters, and their negative mentality. Personally, if I was willing to go to every game in the John Huard and Gary Etcheverry days, I like to think I love this team and league unconditionally.

Argoknot
07-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Just sometimes the focus on negative is way higher than it should be IMO. But then again, after a loss, I think the same about the majority of posters, and their negative mentality. See post above, just seems to be a negative focus this year for some unknown reason when everything is relatively stable and going well, the Lions play for example.

AngeloV
07-02-2016, 02:08 PM
See post above, just seems to be a negative focus this year for some unknown reason when everything is relatively stable and going well, the Lions play for example.

Yup. We absolutely agree.

Argoknot
07-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Yup. We absolutely agree.I think it is fair to put some of that on Rogers and their standing in the mediaspace. Good to see there is finally some blowback to them and after hearing Madani's lame response, they don't like it. So if you're gonna dish it out, you better be able to take it, that's why CFL fans have to fight back against this type of bullying and piling on.

Argo
07-02-2016, 02:32 PM
O'Shea will probably get 3-4 more games, but changes are a coming, Walters should be fired as well; terrible GM whp's had one decent draft and can't recruit (McManus' fault as well IMO) to save his life. You don't win in the long term by "winning" free agency - Walters and Co. haven't figured this out. Bombers are screwed for a very long time and a complete overhaul is the way to go; Lapo IMO is not the answer.

Not having a good QB also doesn't help. Willy is absolutely terrible - unless of course you don't pressure him.

Yes, it ain't pretty in Bomber-land and, unfortunately for the league, this is the usual state of affairs. But, oy vey, yet another complete overhaul ?!

argolio
07-02-2016, 03:11 PM
I like O'Shea, but his game day decisions have not always been the greatest. He constantly butchers his challenges, including last night. A non challenge of a reception which was clearly an incompletion kept a drive alive that turned into a TD and opened the flood gates.That should have been a no-brainer challenge. Inexcusable.

OV Argo
07-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Not suggesting OV hates the league, I know better than that. He often posts great things. Just sometimes the focus on negative is way higher than it should be IMO. But then again, after a loss, I think the same about the majority of posters, and their negative mentality. Personally, if I was willing to go to every game in the John Huard and Gary Etcheverry days, I like to think I love this team and league unconditionally.

Yeah - I've watched a huge majority of CFL televised games, and attended dozens of others live, going back to the 60s, but maybe somehow I hate the league?

There are some love it or leave it or homer cheerleader type fans and thinking that always goes on - good for them - to each his own. Somebody going to claim there is a way to determine a "true" or good fan of a sports league or team? - that notion is ludicrous IMO, but if it was to include number of hours watched - year in, year out for decades - I'll put my record there up for scrutiny.

Sorry - for having a tendency to be critical of $hite football when I see it or for not accepting boring, standard party line thinking and behaviour - in football and other things.

:biteme:

doubleblue
07-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Yeah - I've watched a huge majority of CFL televised games, and attended dozens of others live, going back to the 60s, but maybe somehow I hate the league?

There are some love it or leave it or homer cheerleader type fans and thinking that always goes on - good for them - to each his own. Somebody going to claim there is a way to determine a "true" or good fan of a sports league or team? - that notion is ludicrous IMO, but if it was to include number of hours watched - year in, year out for decades - I'll put my record there up for scrutiny.

Sorry - for having a tendency to be critical of $hite football when I see it or for not accepting boring, standard party line thinking and behaviour - in football and other things.

:biteme:

Grumpy old men. :D

Argoknot
07-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Sorry - for having a tendency to be critical of $hite football when I see it or for not accepting boring, standard party line thinking and behaviour - in football and other things.I don't think anybody really meant to single you out but seriously is the negativity necessary. Most of the people here aren't morons who are unable to distinguish between good and bad football, marketing or refereeing.

Trash Madani was saying he complains about the other leagues as well as the CFL because he claims they're professional leagues and basically the same. Well, they're not the same, the whole CFL TV contract is less than what a number of players in other leagues make. Every bit of criticism those leagues face doesn't have the same effect as widespread criticism does for the CFL. CFL stability is often fragile at best, why make perceptions worse.

Of course people have the right to criticize (although I do question their motives) but my point was this year criticism seem more agenda based than a criticism coming from a loyal fan who just wants to see the league improve and correct mistakes.

R.J
07-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Yes, it ain't pretty in Bomber-land and, unfortunately for the league, this is the usual state of affairs. But, oy vey, yet another complete overhaul ?!
The single biggest problem in Winnipeg is the Board and President's bad decisions. Dave Ritchie who was a damn good Head Coach was fired because the wheels fell off a bit (he also got sick which lead to the faster dismissal). Joe Mack was hired because two board members overruled the others. Jim Daley, Jeff Reinbold, Tim Burke, Paul LaPolice 3 times now, Kyle Walters............... I can go on and on - bad decisions are continually being made. IMO Jim Bell should have been hired as C.E.O/President; with full authority to right the ship (simlar to Wade Miller right now). Jim Bell wanted to bring John Murphy (current asst gm in Sask) back and Murphy is a damned good recruiter with loads of contacts.

Argo
07-02-2016, 09:02 PM
The single biggest problem in Winnipeg is the Board and President's bad decisions. Dave Ritchie who was a damn good Head Coach was fired because the wheels fell off a bit (he also got sick which lead to the faster dismissal). Joe Mack was hired because two board members overruled the others. Jim Daley, Jeff Reinbold, Tim Burke, Paul LaPolice 3 times now, Kyle Walters............... I can go on and on - bad decisions are continually being made. IMO Jim Bell should have been hired as C.E.O/President; with full authority to right the ship (simlar to Wade Miller right now). Jim Bell wanted to bring John Murphy (current asst gm in Sask) back and Murphy is a damned good recruiter with loads of contacts.

Right on. All I have to add is the name of another charge in the team's suicide vest - Mike Kelly.

R.J
07-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Right on. All I have to add is the name of another charge in the team's suicide vest - Mike Kelly.
LOL Kelly screwed himself over soo bad he wasn't even given a real shot to fix things. First he paid vets their bonuses then come TC he cuts 3 or 4 of em IIRC. Brings in a bunch of new guys, a new starting QB (Lefors) and tries to have the QB behind centre instead of shotgun, which ends up flopping in large part due to Lefors not being very good. The defence also was pretty bad early on, but I suppose started to look a bit better later in the season - Kavis Reed was the DC. Kelly's biggest issue was that he tired of the media and fanbase so quickly that he started to "fight back" and mouth off to the media and fans - essentially calling them idiots. The alleged domestic dispute saved the Bombers a lot of trouble as they were able to fire Kelly, which they had overrule President Lyle Bauer and he then resigned because of it. Good things should've happened after that, but then Joe Mack was hired, who then hired Lapo. Good things happened in 2011, but it all collapsed because Mack refused to add some vets to the team and continued to cut vets and bring along young guys (didn't draft overly well IMO either). Another problem was LaPo as well; he refused to give up control of the offense and it started a lot of problems in 2012, which lead to Mack deciding the line-up and who should be calling the plays. Lapo was fired not long after.

1argoholic
07-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Listen OV NO one is more negative and pissy on this site then me. So just GO AND....haha. I tend to get pissed with everything.

O'Shea is a great guy and was one great player but his coaching record has been CRAP. I feel like the CFL is rushing young coaches. I know we need some new blood in the ranks but one or two years from player retirement and these guys are holding high coaching positions.

ArgoRavi
07-02-2016, 11:52 PM
LOL Kelly screwed himself over soo bad he wasn't even given a real shot to fix things. First he paid vets their bonuses then come TC he cuts 3 or 4 of em IIRC. Brings in a bunch of new guys, a new starting QB (Lefors) and tries to have the QB behind centre instead of shotgun, which ends up flopping in large part due to Lefors not being very good. The defence also was pretty bad early on, but I suppose started to look a bit better later in the season - Kavis Reed was the DC. Kelly's biggest issue was that he tired of the media and fanbase so quickly that he started to "fight back" and mouth off to the media and fans - essentially calling them idiots. The alleged domestic dispute saved the Bombers a lot of trouble as they were able to fire Kelly, which they had overrule President Lyle Bauer and he then resigned because of it. Good things should've happened after that, but then Joe Mack was hired, who then hired Lapo. Good things happened in 2011, but it all collapsed because Mack refused to add some vets to the team and continued to cut vets and bring along young guys (didn't draft overly well IMO either). Another problem was LaPo as well; he refused to give up control of the offense and it started a lot of problems in 2012, which lead to Mack deciding the line-up and who should be calling the plays. Lapo was fired not long after.

I have always felt that the first 8 games of the 2011 season was a mirage for the Bombers. They went 7-1 and, because of that, made it to the Grey Cup. They staggered to a 3-7 mark the rest of that season and the eastern team who played the best ball in the final month of the season was the Argos who didn't make the playoffs because of a lousy start to the season. That 7-1 start for the Bombers also saw them have an enormous amount of good luck IMO. They were never that good of a team but the powers-that-be thought that they were and didn't make enough changes heading into the 2012 season.

Will
07-02-2016, 11:58 PM
This 2016 edition of the Blue Bombers are heading down a course that may be similar to the 2006 Hamilton Tiger-Cats. The Tabbies had signed several notable free agents in the 2005-2006 off-season and were a trendy pick before the season began. I think that they beat the Argos pretty handily in two preseason games, however, they ended up being an awful team in reality.

I would agree with SnowRogue that the Mike Kelly era was the beginning of this era of terrible Blue Bomber football. Remember that they had Kevin Glenn before and while he isn't the best he's a lot better than the Stefan Lefors, Steven Jyles, Buck Pierce, Max Hall, Alex Brink and Joey Elliott's of the world.

PullTogether73
07-02-2016, 11:58 PM
Listen OV NO one is more negative and pissy on this site then me. So just GO AND....haha. I tend to get pissed with everything.

O'Shea is a great guy and was one great player but his coaching record has been CRAP. I feel like the CFL is rushing young coaches. I know we need some new blood in the ranks but one or two years from player retirement and these guys are holding high coaching positions.

LOL!
I am impressed that you recognize your, um, personality on this site.
I've considered recommending anger management sessions for you. LOL!
It's all good though.

And I couldn't agree more about your comment about rushing young coaches.
Exactly as you say - these guys are one or two years removed from playing and are getting co-ordinator positions.
Can the transition happen that quickly?
In some cases yes - Orlando Steinauer comes to mind.
But I believe more time spent progressing up the coaching ladder is required.
I don't think O'Shea had enough coaching experience to take on the HC position with the Bombers.

Will
07-03-2016, 12:00 AM
LOL!
I am impressed that you recognize your, um, personality on this site.
I've considered recommending anger management sessions for you. LOL!
It's all good though.

And I couldn't agree more about your comment about rushing young coaches.
Exactly as you say - these guys are one or two years removed from playing and are getting co-ordinator positions.
Can the transition happen that quickly?
In some cases yes - Orlando Steinauer comes to mind.
But I believe more time spent progressing up the coaching ladder is required.
I don't think O'Shea had enough coaching experience to take on the HC position with the Bombers.

O'Shea's special team units were always decent to very good in Toronto, however, I was surprised when he was considered as a candidate. I don't think of ST coordinators getting promotions to head coaches like this.

Argocister
07-03-2016, 12:57 AM
O'Shea is on a tough road ..... I can't see them winning the next five game ..... 2 with each of the Ticats and Eskimos, one against the Stampeders .the bombers will be 0-7 soon unless..... They can find LaPolice another QB.in my opinion, Willy is a back up ....he shows signs of a good QB and other times,,,,,much to be desired.

Gill The Thrill
07-04-2016, 06:14 PM
ST coach to head coach without ever having a coordinators position is a dubious decision at best. ST coaching is much easier than being an OC or DC, so the assumption that O'Shea's hiring was premature is correct.

I like him, I think he's trying his best, but at this point in time, The job looks to be above his capability. He did the smart thing by surrounding himself with veteran coaches and ex-head coaches like Paul Lapolice, but that also could be evidence of how unsure he is of how good a job he thinks he could really do.

If he hired new coaches with no CFL experience, he'd be questioned for not bringing in enough people with pro experience in Canadian Football. Either way, it's a no-win situation for any first time head coach who's been losing.

I honestly think this Friday will be his last game as head coach of the Bombers if they lose in Hamilton, and I'm afraid that they are going to lose and start the season 0-3. I can't see the Ticats playing 2 lousy games at home after their horrible game vs BC on Canada Day.

If the Bombers can't win one for Mike, can the BOD for the Bombers have any other choice. I really think O'Shea was kept on the job, because he brought in Paul Lapolice, whom I thought was a pretty good contingency plan should the Big Blue get off to a bad start which, unfortunately for O'Shea, has happened.

Too keep him as HC if they get off to an 0-3 start would send a signal to the fans, of which they are usually more in the Peg, that they are giving up on the season...for the sake of having O'Shea learn on the job. By the same token, the Bombers can't just fire everybody, nor should they. Contrary to some, I think Willy is a good QB, who's not getting great protection, but that defense is not exactly playing strong.

I think O'Shea will be re-assigned and pushed away from the sidelines should they lose Friday, while Lapo becomes the interim head coach for the remainder of the season so as not blow it up completely, but to light some kind of fire under the players rear ends, making them feel uncomfortable about their jobs.

This will be full circle for the Bombers and Lapo as I think he was fired too hastily after that Banjo Bowl loss to Saskatchewan a few years ago.

Argo
07-05-2016, 09:04 AM
I think your prediction is accurate, Gill the Thrill.
Suitor's (sp?) Commentary on the body language of Bombers players was insightful and telling.
Adios O'Shea.

PullTogether73
07-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Per Gill the Thrill's comments above...
This is why I asked this question in the first place - I don't see how Bombers management can continue with a HC who has a terrible record, and no sign of improvement going forward. Management has to be proactive to give the fans some hope, and that means firing a losing HC eventually.

I think he has 3 more games to show that the team is at least improving, but an 0-5 start and a team looking lost spell dismissal imo.

ArgoRavi
07-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Per Gill the Thrill's comments above...
This is why I asked this question in the first place - I don't see how Bombers management can continue with a HC who has a terrible record, and no sign of improvement going forward. Management has to be proactive to give the fans some hope, and that means firing a losing HC eventually.

I think he has 3 more games to show that the team is at least improving, but an 0-5 start and a team looking lost spell dismissal imo.

It is the lack of improvement in the first two games this season that should be especially alarming to anyone associated with the Bombers. I see no difference right now between this year's team and last year's. O'Shea has to be in a very perilous position at this point. Three more games sounds about right but if they put up another stinker in Hamilton this week, I wouldn't rule out the trigger being pulled earlier.

OV Argo
07-05-2016, 05:32 PM
It is the lack of improvement in the first two games this season that should be especially alarming to anyone associated with the Bombers. I see no difference right now between this year's team and last year's. O'Shea has to be in a very perilous position at this point. Three more games sounds about right but if they put up another stinker in Hamilton this week, I wouldn't rule out the trigger being pulled earlier.

I guess the HC might be first to go if the losing / no sign of improvement continues? Somebody else who could be scapegoated first? GM Walters fired instead, a fresh new HC and O'Shea demoted? (let O'Shea have DC and get rid of predictable, same old Richie Hall)

Sad/scary thing is that they might be dumb enough there to recycle the clueless dullard LaPo as HC yet again = what a total joke.

PullTogether73
07-05-2016, 05:42 PM
I guess the HC might be first to go if the losing / no sign of improvement continues? Somebody else who could be scapegoated first? GM Walters fired instead, a fresh new HC and O'Shea demoted? (let O'Shea have DC and get rid of predictable, same old Richie Hall)

Sad/scary thing is that they might be dumb enough there to recycle the clueless dullard LaPo as HC yet again = what a total joke.

The thing is, the GM made player changes in the off season, most notably Andrew Harris at RB, but there have been others.
If the coach can't change the results, or at least the play of the team, with the new players, the coach goes first.

R.J
07-05-2016, 05:59 PM
The thing is, the GM made player changes in the off season, most notably Andrew Harris at RB, but there have been others.
If the coach can't change the results, or at least the play of the team, with the new players, the coach goes first.
I didn't realize that Kyle Walters fixed the Offensive Line; which has been a major issue for quite some time in Winnipeg.
Whomever hired Richie Hall as DC needs to be fired as well.

PullTogether73
07-05-2016, 08:05 PM
I didn't realize that Kyle Walters fixed the Offensive Line; which has been a major issue for quite some time in Winnipeg.
Whomever hired Richie Hall as DC needs to be fired as well.

True.
The offensive line is the most glaring deficiency on this team, and no QB or RB is gonna fix that.
But in the "spin" game, the GM could say that he made changes to improve the team and the coach didn't take advantage of those changes.
(Emphasis on "spin" btw.)

KCargosfan
07-06-2016, 12:15 AM

Having been through something like this in the real world, keeping around and demoting a boss instead starting fresh with someone else and getting rid of the old boss is a horrible idea.

1argoholic
07-06-2016, 07:10 AM
Those were my thoughts exactly about them ditching O'Shea and giving the HC job to LaPolice. Not a great scene in the Peg but hey I'm not a fan. They used to be my second favorite team because my mom was born in Winnipeg and my dad in Dauphin but they lost me when they moved east. Their fans were just pigs to The Argoholics as we walked in the 1991 Grey Cup parade.

R.J
07-07-2016, 02:52 PM
If OShea is given the boot; I hope the Bombers Management isn't dumb enough to hand LaPo the job.

Then again............................ Based on their history - the management is dumb enough.

KCargosfan
07-08-2016, 01:14 AM
Won't be this week.

PullTogether73
07-08-2016, 01:28 AM
Won't be this week.

Nope.
O'Shea owes Masoli and his 5 turnovers :ohno: a debt of gratitude.

Will
07-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Nope.
O'Shea owes Masoli and his 5 turnovers :ohno: a debt of gratitude.

He also owes a Tiquan Underwood drop that would've been the go ahead TD followed by a Masoli passed tipped twice and intercepted.

AngeloV
07-08-2016, 10:11 AM
He also owes a Tiquan Underwood drop that would've been the go ahead TD followed by a Masoli passed tipped twice and intercepted.

TBH, I'm surprised Underwood starts over Rollover on that team.

Argo57
07-08-2016, 07:11 PM

Those breaks were balanced out by Willy playing hot potato and fumbling the ball deep in Hamilton territory.

jerrym
12-30-2016, 10:52 PM
To answer the original question: How long before O'Shea is fired by the Bombers? It will be a while.

Any questions about the long term leadership of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have been put to rest.
The club announced Friday that it has agreed to three-year contract extensions with both General Manager Kyle Walters and Head Coach Mike O’Shea.

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/12/09/walters-oshea-agree-extensions-blue-bombers/

KCargosfan
12-31-2016, 12:58 AM
To answer the original question: How long before O'Shea is fired by the Bombers? It will be a while.

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/12/09/walters-oshea-agree-extensions-blue-bombers/

[/FONT][/COLOR]

This seems somewhat odd for a duo that failed to reach the West Final last year and beat up on the Riders, Als, Argos and the Masoli-led Ticats in the regular season. Are they being given this simply for beating BC in the regular season?

ArgoRavi
12-31-2016, 01:05 PM
A year ago, many Bombers fans would have loved to see their team fire both O'Shea and Walters. Amazing how much can change in a short time in this league.

1971GreyCup
12-31-2016, 01:21 PM
Just last week they were saying the same thing about Rex Ryan.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8