PDA

View Full Version : Saskatchewan Roughriders @ Edmonton Eskimos game thread

Will
07-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Go Esks Go!

AngeloV
07-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Go Riders. Damn the pick'em. My record sucks anyways.

R.J
07-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Let's Go Eskimos!

ArgoRavi
07-08-2016, 01:47 PM
I have picked the Esks in my pool as well.

Will
07-08-2016, 02:25 PM
I took the Eskimos as well, but this year all bets seem to be off.

AngeloV
07-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Endzone pick. I think Reilly should have checked down there.

;)

argolio
07-09-2016, 12:33 AM

;)Great timing! I'm watching the game right now on DVR, and I saw that play right after reading your post.

PullTogether73
07-09-2016, 04:14 AM
Hmm, two overtime games in one evening.
Interesting.

Will
07-09-2016, 09:23 AM
I turned off this game after the Bowman TD thinking it was all she wrote. Oops!

R.J
07-09-2016, 10:47 AM

;)
Reilly finished the night 27/37 (73%), 378 yards, 4 TD's to 1 INT.

I'll take those stats every game.

AngeloV
07-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Reilly finished the night 27/37 (73%), 378 yards, 4 TD's to 1 INT.

I'll take those stats every game.

I would too. But who was more comfortable in their victory of the Riders? Argos or Eskimos. I just don't get why you have been so negative towards the Argos and Ray after each of the last 2 games, both victories. Even calling last week's win a fluke, which is laughable since the Riders never got to within less than 8 points at any time.

R.J
07-09-2016, 11:54 AM
I would too. But who was more comfortable in their victory of the Riders? Argos or Eskimos. I just don't get why you have been so negative towards the Argos and Ray after each of the last 2 games, both victories. Even calling last week's win a fluke, which is laughable since the Riders never got to within less than 8 points at any time.
Wrong thread for it, but IMO it was a fluke win.

AngeloV
07-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Wrong thread for it, but IMO it was a fluke win.

Not really the wrong thread because it's pretty obvious what you were hinting at. And your opinion on the win would be in the very tiny minority.

R.J
07-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Not really the wrong thread because it's pretty obvious what you were hinting at. And your opinion on the win would be in the very tiny minority.
Actually..................

;)

It was your initial post that triggered my response. Also if you go back to the argo/rider game thread; it wasn't just me who thought the Argos barely pulled off the win - at minimum half thought "well at least we won" or "a win is a win". It was only after the "Ray played well" post which I responded to that lead to the opinions changing. Almost as if because I was "attacking" the team people had to come defend Ray, Milanovich and the Argonauts.

Should I also mention that I feel Edmonton pulled off a fluke win last night as well ? Because I do feel that way. Saskatchewan's terrible short yardage offense not only lead to Edmonton staying in the game and gaining momentum, but also lead to the win in OT.

I stated during the off season/early pre season (IIRC one of the prediction threads) that I felt Edmonton might not lead the West this season due to their defence being in transition; of which I still feel. They lost a lot of their all star defensive players, had to bring in rookies, and have a new DC with a very different scheme. I still have faith in Benevides; he's a damn good DC and defensively they'll figure out or sooner rather than later.

OV Argo
07-10-2016, 12:36 AM
Actually..................

It was your initial post that triggered my response. Also if you go back to the argo/rider game thread; it wasn't just me who thought the Argos barely pulled off the win - at minimum half thought "well at least we won" or "a win is a win". It was only after the "Ray played well" post which I responded to that lead to the opinions changing. Almost as if because I was "attacking" the team people had to come defend Ray, Milanovich and the Argonauts.

Should I also mention that I feel Edmonton pulled off a fluke win last night as well ? Because I do feel that way. Saskatchewan's terrible short yardage offense not only lead to Edmonton staying in the game and gaining momentum, but also lead to the win in OT.

I stated during the off season/early pre season (IIRC one of the prediction threads) that I felt Edmonton might not lead the West this season due to their defence being in transition; of which I still feel. They lost a lot of their all star defensive players, had to bring in rookies, and have a new DC with a very different scheme. I still have faith in Benevides; he's a damn good DC and defensively they'll figure out or sooner rather than later.\

No faith in Benevedes here - letting that sad-sack Riders team back in the game last night was an embarassment IMO. Plenty of talent on D still though IMO.

Maas has lots of learning to do as a HC. That offence could be very good though - Reilly at QB; White is top notch/dangerous at RB; and some real talent at receiver - iffy hands Bowman still makes enough plays on tons of targets; Walker IMO one of the best pure receiver talents to come into the CFL in some time; and 3 solid vet NI receivers in Watson (great blocker too), Getzlaf & Coehoorn (with Bailey maybe able to come back from injury and contribute too). Their OTs maybe a bit iffy though.

argolio
07-10-2016, 01:20 AM
I'd take Bowman's drops any day as long as he keeps making big plays.

Argo
07-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Poor Blue Bumblers couldn't dump Bowman fast enough...

AngeloV
07-10-2016, 08:46 AM
poor blue bumblers couldn't dump bowman fast enough...

lol.

R.J
07-10-2016, 12:04 PM
No faith in Benevedes here - letting that sad-sack Riders team back in the game last night was an embarassment IMO. Plenty of talent on D still though IMO.
So Benevides is no longer a good DC ? Or wait was he ever a good DC ? Most likely a gob so probably not.

Whatever you say OV.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8