PDA

View Full Version : Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Hamilton Tiger-Cats (post) game thread

Will
07-08-2016, 08:52 AM
I didn't see the Bombers upsetting Hamilton, but I'm not going to complain one iota!

AngeloV
07-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Kent Austin was in fine form post game in his scrum. It makes me happy to see him upset.

:D

PullTogether73
07-08-2016, 10:24 AM
I have to say that watching both games completely last night was bliss.

A turnover-rich loss by the Ti-cats followed by a satisfying victory by the Argonauts makes for a great evening!

R.J
07-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Stupid Ticats keep screwing up my pickem.

Will
07-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Stupid Ticats keep screwing up my pickem.

For two weeks straight now I have picked the Ticats to win with 100% confidence. It is pretty clear that I ought to stop doing that.

R.J
07-08-2016, 02:28 PM
For two weeks straight now I have picked the Ticats to win with 100% confidence. It is pretty clear that I ought to stop doing that.
I picked the Argonauts week 1 and we lose (100% confidence), then pick Hamilton to beat BC in week 2 (100% confidence) and they lose, pick em again this week to beat the lowly Bombers (100% confidence) and they lose again.

Pricks lol

gilthethrill
07-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Winnipeg made the most out of Hamilton's errors. Good to see Hamilton is losing that invincibility factor at THF.

AngeloV
07-08-2016, 06:17 PM

I think you spend way too much time around Ti-Cats fans. They are obviously starting to brain wash you.

:p

AngeloV
07-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Winnipeg made the most out of Hamilton's errors. Good to see Hamilton is losing that invincibility factor at THF.

Well, at least since ZC went down.

Argo57
07-08-2016, 07:05 PM
I have to say that watching both games completely last night was bliss.

A turnover-rich loss by the Ti-cats followed by a satisfying victory by the Argonauts makes for a great evening!

That's how I felt as well, absolutely perfect evening.
Sure we all slept well knowing all is well in Argoland (for now)!

Will
07-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Well, at least since ZC went down.

I don't think we can make any solid reads on this Hamilton team until Collaros returns.

AngeloV
07-08-2016, 08:50 PM
I don't think we can make any solid reads on this Hamilton team until Collaros returns.

Absolutely.

ArgoZ
07-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Kent Austin was in fine form post game in his scrum. It makes me happy to see him upset.

:D

He just can't help be a dick when they lose. I understand being disappointed or even mad, but his true personality, a condescending asshole, shows up brilliantly on post game loss interviews. I am still amazed players like playing for him, apparently.

PullTogether73
07-09-2016, 04:13 AM

Well, not the offence certainly, but why not the defence and special teams?
Collaros doesn't play on those.

Double Dare
07-09-2016, 06:54 AM
He just can't help be a dick when they lose. I understand being disappointed or even mad, but his true personality, a condescending asshole, shows up brilliantly on post game loss interviews. I am still amazed players like playing for him, apparently. Well, when he gets asked stupid questions. I'd be the same way. I think that they intentionally ask him stupid questions now because they know he will spaze-out.

Argo57
07-09-2016, 08:42 AM
Well, when he gets asked stupid questions. I'd be the same way. I think that they intentionally ask him stupid questions now because they know he will spaze-out.

That's how I see it as well, they know he's an asshole and they simply give him the opportunity to show it (which he does very well).

R.J
07-09-2016, 10:51 AM
I saw the Austin post game. It really wasn't that bad and TBH the reporter was purposely trying to stir the pot and I thought Austin did well with the question. Even smiled at the the end of his reply for good measure. At least Austin isn't boring............

AngeloV
07-09-2016, 11:37 AM
At least Austin isn't boring............

Another shot at Milanovich? I really wish you would give this a rest.

R.J
07-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Another shot at Milanovich? I really wish you would give this a rest.
No not a shot at all. Watching Austin at times is pretty hilarious, but then after awhile he becomes a bit much. Though I should mention, he's simmered down a bit this year.

AngeloV
07-09-2016, 12:00 PM
No not a shot at all. Watching Austin at times is pretty hilarious, but then after awhile he becomes a bit much. Though I should mention, he's simmered down a bit this year.

Well, I did appreciate his comments last week about Canada giving him a great opportunity. He definitely can act like a jerk at times, but I guess deep down he's all right.

argolio
07-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Well, not the offence certainly, but why not the defence and special teams?
Collaros doesn't play on those.Owing to the importance of the QB position, it's going to have at least some effect on the other units if he's playing at full health.

PullTogether73
07-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Owing to the importance of the QB position, it's going to have at least some effect on the other units if he's playing at full health.

The QB position is important to the defense and special teams?
How?

argolio
07-10-2016, 01:16 AM
The QB position is important to the defense and special teams?
How?He handles the ball far more than any other position. Less pressure on the rest of the team if your starting QB is putting up more points and turning over the ball less than the backup. And if your O has too many two-and-outs, the D is usually more vulnerable from being on the field too long. That killed the Argos for much of 2008-11.

ArgoRavi
07-10-2016, 02:01 AM
He handles the ball far more than any other position. Less pressure on the rest of the team if your starting QB is putting up more points and turning over the ball less than the backup. And if your O has too many two-and-outs, the D is usually more vulnerable from being on the field too long. That killed the Argos for much of 2008-11.

Yeah, Byron Parker explained it as Argolio has when he was on this forum back in 2011 and Area 51 was challenging him. How good your offence is will impact what kind of defence you play.

Will
07-10-2016, 09:22 AM
Yeah, Byron Parker explained it as Argolio has when he was on this forum back in 2011 and Area 51 was challenging him. How good your offence is will impact what kind of defence you play.

Exactly--how well your offence performs can dictate how aggressive you can be on defence.

AngeloV
07-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Exactly--how well your offence performs can dictate how aggressive you can be on defence.

That's true. If offence is struggling, D might take more chances to create big play turnovers.

Will
07-10-2016, 10:47 AM
That's true. If offence is struggling, D might take more chances to create big play turnovers.

I always thought it was the opposite--that the D won't take chances on giving up the big play because they know that the offence cannot keep up in a shootout.

ArgoRavi
07-10-2016, 12:42 PM
I always thought it was the opposite--that the D won't take chances on giving up the big play because they know that the offence cannot keep up in a shootout.

That is what Byron claimed when he posted on here. Area 51 wanted the Argo defence to take more chances that season but Byron said that they couldn't afford to given the offence's struggles. BTW, Orlando Steinauer was the defensive co-ordinator at the time.

AngeloV
07-10-2016, 01:09 PM

Depends if the game is within a score I guess. If the D sees the O not putting points on the board, they may feel they need to score themselves or set the O up with a short field.

Will
07-10-2016, 01:09 PM
That is what Byron claimed when he posted on here. Area 51 wanted the Argo defence to take more chances that season but Byron said that they couldn't afford to given the offence's struggles. BTW, Orlando Steinauer was the defensive co-ordinator at the time.

Does it not apply to offence too? An offence won't take risks if they know that a defence won't be able to hold the opposition.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8