PDA

View Full Version : July 29, 2016: Roughriders @ Alouettes game thread

PullTogether73
07-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Short week for the birds coming off a loss.
Gale force winds from Sakatchewan blowing into La Belle Province? (I couldn't resist.:D)

R.J
07-27-2016, 03:43 PM
TBH, I'm not really looking forward to this game; it could be a low offense and multiple flags type game lol.

Will
07-27-2016, 03:45 PM
They are retiring Ben Cahoon's jersey.

Argo
07-27-2016, 04:00 PM
Montreal... some solid talent on D, NFL HOFer Chris Carter's son, and S. Logan ... otherwise... and when you throw in Kevin Glenn's mandatory game-killing interception... cue Chopin, Op. 72, No. 2. ... da da da-da, da da da da-da da-da.

AngeloV
07-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Go Als. They really need it more, especially at home, but very short week. Thanks TFC.

argolio
07-27-2016, 07:42 PM
Als really got ripped off with scheduling this week. Don't like their chances.

Argo57
07-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Go Riders, don't like Montreal under any circumstances!

1argoholic
07-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Don't like either but riders kick those Montreal asses, the dirty team they are.

Argo57
07-29-2016, 08:01 PM
The Rod Black Montreal love in is in full bloom this evening.

gilthethrill
07-29-2016, 08:31 PM
Interesting to see RB Michael Dyer in the Riders backfield. He was with the Argos at mini camps but was released prior to TC. I really had him pegged to possibly start for the Argos this year.

Gill The Thrill
07-29-2016, 08:43 PM
TBH, I'm not really looking forward to this game; it could be a low offense and multiple flags type game lol.

Thought the same thing myself. I picked a Montreal win on pick em because the Riders got some injuries on d and Glenn has enough experience to exploit that even with their injuries to starting receivers. I also thought that Alouettes defence at home may be tough on Gale.

22-0 Alouettes, so it looks safe but who knows after that Ticat-Eskimo game last week.

By the way, they've got to make a Chris Jones rule with regards to challenge flags. He's practically throwing one on every series.

OV Argo
07-29-2016, 08:53 PM
Love to see a 50-0 beat down on the ego-Jones Riders' this game = don't like Jones that much but more to look good on some of their smug/dupe fan base who get drunk on the green Kool-aid a bit too much IMO. Their roster is way over-matched in a lot of departments, but from what I expected from some Riderfans. Murphy & Jones would be trotting out an all-time great CFL roster - they're such football geniuses. ;o)

Ben Cahoon night ! : IMO - greatest set of hands receiver ALL-time in ALL of football !!!

Gill The Thrill
07-29-2016, 09:26 PM
Be honest OV, tell us how you really feel about Rider fans and Chris Jones.

Argo57
07-29-2016, 09:39 PM
Love to see a 50-0 beat down on the ego-Jones Riders' this game = don't like Jones that much but more to look good on some of their smug/dupe fan base who get drunk on the green Kool-aid a bit too much IMO. Their roster is way over-matched in a lot of departments, but from what I expected from some Riderfans. Murphy & Jones would be trotting out an all-time great CFL roster - they're such football geniuses. ;o)

Ben Cahoon night ! : IMO - greatest set of hands receiver ALL-time in ALL of football !!!

Can't cheer for Montreal under any circumstances.

Gill The Thrill
07-29-2016, 09:50 PM
Can't cheer for Montreal under any circumstances.
Gotta admit that was a sweet TD catch and run on the screen to Rutley to make it 31-3. Nice moves and good blocking.

Wobbler
07-29-2016, 10:37 PM
I kinda think we won the Gale/Lemon trade.

OV Argo
07-29-2016, 11:12 PM
Be honest OV, tell us how you really feel about Rider fans and Chris Jones.

This Rider team could have easily had Chick & Lemon at DE AND all-time great Rider vet receiver Dressler in their line-up; but, NOOO - ego-Jones just couldn't afford great vet Riders like Chick & Dressler (what a pile of bull$hite), and besides, a genius like him can easily find better = what a joke. Nice job of throwing away ca$h to over-rated Mo Price though Jonesy.

Totally laughable line-up Jones has going for him - and it showed against the mediocre Als; useless D-line; nothing at RB (and no use for a run game anyways); mediocre O-line; fitting Riderfans. theme about "ratio problems" - starting an inexperienced DE (Marube) at DT and a raw rookie former receiver at safety, cause Jones has trouble seeing 7 of dem nuisance NIs playing for him.

Damn - not 50 to zip, but close enough Als ;0)

AngeloV
07-29-2016, 11:12 PM
I kinda think we won the Gale/Lemon trade.

Nothing against Gale, but anytime you can trade a #4 QB on the depth chart and get a play making DE like Lemon, there is no doubt who won the trade. Personally, I hope Gale develops into a very good QB.

Wobbler
07-29-2016, 11:34 PM
Nothing against Gale, but anytime you can trade a #4 QB on the depth chart and get a play making DE like Lemon, there is no doubt who won the trade.
I think you might be right, Angelo.

Double Dare
07-30-2016, 06:26 AM
Gale blew! A good shot in the arm for the "tired" Als.

Argo57
07-30-2016, 08:20 AM
Nothing against Gale, but anytime you can trade a #4 QB on the depth chart and get a play making DE like Lemon, there is no doubt who won the trade. Personally, I hope Gale develops into a very good QB.

Agreed Angelo, pretty much a steal for Barker on this one.

ArgoGabe22
07-30-2016, 08:47 AM
Agreed Angelo, pretty much a steal for Barker on this one.

No, it's a trade that filled the needs of both the teams involved :D

Argo57
07-30-2016, 09:45 AM
No, it's a trade that filled the needs of both the teams involved :D

That's our story and we're sticking to it!

Argo
07-30-2016, 11:26 AM
Kevin Glenn was not intercepted this game!

R.J
07-30-2016, 11:58 AM
Solid game all around for the Als. One would have thought that it was the Rider playing on 4 days rest, but clearly the better team won.

As for the Gale - Lemon trade, still a good deal for the Riders IMO - they traded a player who didn't want to be there for a back-up QB. did we get the better player ? Absolutely, but let's not pretend that if the circumstances were different (ie. Lemon wanting out), the trade would've gone the same way. Admittedly, Barker has done a pretty good jbo in trades with the Riders, and I don't see that continuing.

KCargosfan
07-30-2016, 03:49 PM
As for the Gale - Lemon trade, still a good deal for the Riders IMO - they traded a player who didn't want to be there for a back-up QB. did we get the better player ? Absolutely, but let's not pretend that if the circumstances were different (ie. Lemon wanting out), the trade would've gone the same way. Admittedly, Barker has done a pretty good jbo in trades with the Riders, and I don't see that continuing.

That's a gross understatement.

R.J
07-30-2016, 04:04 PM
That's a gross understatement.
Yeah, when you look at it with all the retirements; the trades look like Jarriel King (injured) for 4th rounder (Declan Cross) and rights to Baker Mayfield, and Mitchell Gale for Shawn Lemon.

Campbell, Sewell and Munroe retired.

argolio
07-30-2016, 05:14 PM
Didn't see this result coming. Great game by the Als.

cfl-cis fan
08-02-2016, 12:16 AM
Yeah, when you look at it with all the retirements; the trades look like Jarriel King (injured) for 4th rounder (Declan Cross) and rights to Baker Mayfield, and Mitchell Gale for Shawn Lemon.

Campbell, Sewell and Munroe retired.

Cross will work out ......... rookie very early in his development

AngeloV
08-02-2016, 08:48 AM

Agreed.

paulwoods13
08-02-2016, 09:21 AM

He's already contributing on specials and as a tight end in some offensive formations. A really promising player.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8