PDA

View Full Version : When and where is the Argos' mini-camp?

ArgoRavi
04-12-2012, 02:01 AM
Saskatchewan had their mini-camp in Bradenton, Florida a couple of weeks ago, the Bombers had theirs a week or two ago in Winnipeg, I believe, and the Ticats have theirs in Hamilton next week. When and where are the Argos having theirs? Does anyone know? I really wish that Argo fans had a Drew Edwards-type with a blog so that we could get this kind of news.

ArgoRavi
04-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Saskatchewan had their mini-camp in Bradenton, Florida a couple of weeks ago, the Bombers had theirs a week or two ago in Winnipeg, I believe, and the Ticats have theirs in Hamilton next week. When and where are the Argos having theirs? Does anyone know? I really wish that Argo fans had a Drew Edwards-type with a blog so that we could get this kind of news.

Here is the answer to my question although it only provokes further questions: http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argos-to-hold-veterans-mini-camp-in-mississauga

Is this really only a one-day mini-camp or does it start on April 28th and run for three days? Most other teams in the league are using their full three days of off-season workouts including the Ticats and Esks this week.

R.J
04-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Is this really only a one-day mini-camp or does it start on April 28th and run for three days? Most other teams in the league are using their full three days of off-season workouts including the Ticats and Esks this week.
That's what I'm trying to figure out, from the looks of it based on what I've read, looks like only one day which seems a bit odd.

backer@oldclarke
04-19-2012, 05:07 PM
That's what I'm trying to figure out, from the looks of it based on what I've read, looks like only one day which seems a bit odd.
Looking at old articles from last year and it looks like only one day as well.

ArgoRavi
04-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Looking at old articles from last year and it looks like only one day as well.

I am pretty sure that the mini-camp they had in Florida last year was three days and I recall Terry Koshan from the Sun covering it. If you are bringing players to the city for this mini-camp, why only do so for one day? I am perplexed by this.

gilthethrill
04-20-2012, 06:51 AM
I am pretty sure that the mini-camp they had in Florida last year was three days and I recall Terry Koshan from the Sun covering it. If you are bringing players to the city for this mini-camp, why only do so for one day? I am perplexed by this.

If this mini camp does in fact end up only being one day long, that would be the equivalent of having a pickup game of football during a 15 minute recess when I was a kid in school.

Argocister
04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Is anyone going to this? Wouldn't mind knowing who was playing.

argotom
04-26-2012, 11:10 PM

I hope this is not because the Argos are going on the cheap.
I have just read some articles on the Als 3 day camp in Florida.

ArgoRavi
04-26-2012, 11:38 PM
I hope this is not because the Argos are going on the cheap.
I have just read some articles on the Als 3 day camp in Florida.

CFL teams have until the end of April to use their three days of off-season training so it would make sense for the Argos to be holding theirs on Saturday, Sunday and Monday while still having some vets around on Tuesday to model the new uniforms. They have spent a lot of money on free agent camps this off-season, I assume, so it would seem odd to have only one day of mini-camp as a cost-saving measure but I can't imagine why they would not use their full three days.

argotom
04-27-2012, 07:15 PM
CFL teams have until the end of April to use their three days of off-season training so it would make sense for the Argos to be holding theirs on Saturday, Sunday and Monday while still having some vets around on Tuesday to model the new uniforms. They have spent a lot of money on free agent camps this off-season, I assume, so it would seem odd to have only one day of mini-camp as a cost-saving measure but I can't imagine why they would not use their full three days.

Maybe their trailer camp set up is still in ashes!
Man we have to change that as Mr. Braley has to find a full time replacement outdoor/indoor venue with team offices.

KCargosfan
04-28-2012, 01:37 AM
Maybe their trailer camp set up is still in ashes!
Man we have to change that as Mr. Braley has to find a full time replacement outdoor/indoor venue with team offices.

I would agree, but it's always easier to spend other people's money.

1argoholic
04-28-2012, 07:05 PM
I hear it was great to see qb's completing everything.

paulwoods13
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
There's a bunch of video online here:

http://www.argonauts.ca/article/video-argos-wrap-up-veteran-mini-camp

ArgoGabe22
04-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Any news if this was a one day event?

marcwagz
04-28-2012, 09:32 PM
too bad i dont see any video of actual passes

ArgoGabe22
04-28-2012, 09:49 PM
If you read the media guidelines no footage can be recorded except for warm ups. That's the rule for the media/fan with camera/scout on parking garage roof lol. Oh well I guess the Argos don't want teams watching our routes.

AngeloV
04-29-2012, 01:30 AM
I hear it was great to see qb's completing everything.

With all due respect, it's pretty easy when it's an offence only mini camp.

1argoholic
04-29-2012, 01:38 AM
When I hear good news about our qb's I don't care if it's the first day of a mini camp or not. I'm just excited to hear that it's like night and day from the last few years. It's all positive which is good.

marcwagz
04-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Jarious seemed to think they would be working for a couple more days...
so is it not over?

ArgoRavi
04-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Jarious seemed to think they would be working for a couple more days...
so is it not over?

I am wondering if those next couple of days are mostly classroom work.

argolio
04-30-2012, 01:44 AM
I am wondering if those next couple of days are mostly classroom work.Yeah, probably. They might have had a meeting on Friday as well.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8