PDA

View Full Version : If The Jays Can Fill The Dome For Their Home Opener...

marcwagz
04-12-2012, 10:58 AM
I mean seriously if the Jays can fill the entire dome for a baseball game of all things when they have 8 home games or something like that we should be able to fill at least the bottom half of the dome for the Argos first home game.

The Jays averaged over 30,000 in that opening series against Boston and their TV numbers were good as well
Our first game last year only got 21k, although that was after a 2 game losing streak and fielding a struggling team.

If we go into Edmonton and win our first game of the year (a game I think will be really exciting, their are a lot of interesting storylines, ray vs jyles, ray vs eskies, I'm sure it'll be a big seller in Edmonton) and the team looks promising I think we can get 28,000 for our home opener.

Maybe I'm too optimistic but I can always hope!

How many do you think will come to the home opener?

argonaut11xx
04-13-2012, 08:14 AM
I think there will be a crowd of 30K or more for the Argo's home opener.....then an average of 25K plus for the balance of the season....

IF the Argo's are a strong playoff contender...watch for 40K crowds for the last home game, and possible playoff game....

There is going to be a BUZZ this year around both the Argo's and Ti-Cats that we havent felt since 1982, 1983......

Deerkeeper
04-13-2012, 10:17 AM
I think there will be a crowd of 30K or more for the Argo's home opener.....then an average of 25K plus for the balance of the season....

IF the Argo's are a strong playoff contender...watch for 40K crowds for the last home game, and possible playoff game....

There is going to be a BUZZ this year around both the Argo's and Ti-Cats that we havent felt since 1982, 1983......

I certainly hope so. I think any attendance this season below 20K will be terribly disappointing if not worrisome.

Ballstothewall
04-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I certainly hope so. I think any attendance this season below 20K will be terribly disappointing if not worrisome.

My sources, tell me the Argos will get 25,487 for our home opener

Invader
04-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Getting a crowd of over 25,000 for the opener would be a good sign for the Argos. CFL attendance seems to ebb and flow and like the Queen Mary, you can't change your course instantly. The 40,000 crowds envisioned by Chris Rudd might be impossible this season. It may take 2 or 3 years to build attendance up to respectable levels. The Argos have taken a huge step with the increased season ticket base this season. Now that has to be maintained and built upon.

CANADIAN
PROFESSIONAL
FOOTBALL
The Argos
"Toronto's Football Team"

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB

7dj83r8f78t4alf8