PDA

View Full Version : 1984 East Final

ArgoRavi
08-19-2016, 01:09 AM
For those of us who saw this game originally, it is a painful memory as an Argos fan but it is still interesting to watch all of these years later (I have only watched the 1st quarter so far). The Argos defence was quite a bit different in 1984 compared to a year earlier. More than half of the starters on defence were new including the late David Boone and Vince Goldsmith on the defensive line, Doug Battershill at linebacker and Lamont Meacham, Dennis Clay and Ralph Dixon in the defensive backfield. Who was playing free safety or "rover" as it was called then? None other than the jack-of-all-trades Jan Carinci who was replacing Paul Bennett who had been dealt to Hamilton in mid-season.

The turning point in this game comes late in the 1st quarter and it was all downhill from there from what I recall.

Although Vic Rauter is now considered a national treasure, this game may have marked his first national TV exposure as he worked the Hamilton sidelines (vet Ernie Afaganis was on the Toronto sideline) and even did the player introductions before a nearly-full Exhibition Stadium. This game would mark the final time that an Argos game would draw over 40k to old CNE Stadium.

So let's go back to November of 1984 and watch the 1984 East Final between the Ticats and Argos:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/guJwfaPzUi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Yq5383Ok58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AngeloV
08-19-2016, 01:22 PM
I made the mistake of going through this game last night. Such bad memories. Obie, Obie, Obie. What the hell were you thinking.

Drives me nuts to remember having the ball 2nd and 10 on the Cats 41 yard line with 20 seconds left and not trying to gain more yards. Instead, he lets the clock tick to :04 and has Ilesic try and punt it for a single. What an idiotic move that was. That specific play had moronic Cats fans nickname Ilesic (rather unfairly) Hank the Shank. If a 40 yard punt is a shank, I'll have that guy punt for me any day.

I also am 100% confident if Holloway didn't leave that game for the better part of 3 quarters, Argos would have easily won the game. Barnes was terrible that day.

Anybody that remembers from that era, did you notice that whenever Holloway got sacked, the Argos would lose 3-4 yards, and when Barnes got sacked they would lose 10-15? Used to drive me nuts. Oh the memories. I now feel old.

Argo57
08-19-2016, 07:20 PM
I made the mistake of going through this game last night. Such bad memories. Obie, Obie, Obie. What the hell were you thinking.

Drives me nuts to remember having the ball 2nd and 10 on the Cats 41 yard line with 20 seconds left and not trying to gain more yards. Instead, he lets the clock tick to :04 and has Ilesic try and punt it for a single. What an idiotic move that was. That specific play had moronic Cats fans nickname Ilesic (rather unfairly) Hank the Shank. If a 40 yard punt is a shank, I'll have that guy punt for me any day.

I also am 100% confident if Holloway didn't leave that game for the better part of 3 quarters, Argos would have easily won the game. Barnes was terrible that day.

Anybody that remembers from that era, did you notice that whenever Holloway got sacked, the Argos would lose 3-4 yards, and when Barnes got sacked they would lose 10-15? Used to drive me nuts. Oh the memories. I now feel old.

I too was at that game, painful memories for sure, ended the Argonaut Grey Cup Dynasty.

ArgoRavi
08-20-2016, 02:02 AM
I too was at that game, painful memories for sure, ended the Argonaut Grey Cup Dynasty.

I have only watched the first half so far but one thing that strikes me about this game is that this may have been the final time that the Argos were considered to be on par, by media and fans, with the Leafs and Jays in the city of Toronto.

Argo57
08-20-2016, 12:21 PM
I have only watched the first half so far but one thing that strikes me about this game is that this may have been the final time that the Argos were considered to be on par, by media and fans, with the Leafs and Jays in the city of Toronto.

After the 83 championship the Argos suffered from "we've won it now what" syndrome, 84 was a disappointment and 85 continued the slide with stars like Holloway and Greer in their Argo twilight and guys like QB Mark Casale (Bears draft pick) and the like brought in with little to no success.
The biggest factor IMO was the 1984 Blue Jays starting to look like a possible contender culminating in the 85 AL East championship and subsequent rise to the 92-93 World Series titles, sadly by then the Argonauts were basically an afterthought in Toronto and haven't recovered since.

AngeloV
08-20-2016, 12:26 PM
After the 83 championship the Argos suffered from "we've won it now what" syndrome, 84 was a disappointment and 85 continued the slide with stars like Holloway and Greer in their Argo twilight and guys like QB Mark Casale (Bears draft pick) and the like brought in with little to no success.
The biggest factor IMO was the 1984 Blue Jays starting to look like a possible contender culminating in the 85 AL East championship and subsequent rise to the 92-93 World Series titles, sadly by then the Argonauts were basically an afterthought in Toronto and haven't recovered since.

'83 and '84 were also the years where NFL contracts really started to pull away from what CFL players were being paid. I still believe, that is a bigger factor than anything as to why Toronto stopped supporting the Argos. It gave the casual fan the "minor league" perception strictly based on salaries.

Will
08-21-2016, 01:22 AM

But, even it did not draw as much as the 1983 eastern final.
I can also picture that if ArgoFans.com existed in the mid-1980's that we would have likely seen the same criticism of Bob O'Billovich that we presently see of Scott Milanovich.

timlb01
08-21-2016, 10:50 AM
This game was not even close to being as depressing as the 2 game total points playoff game against Hamilton.... I don't know if that will every be topped.... that hurt for months.....

AngeloV
08-21-2016, 11:48 AM
This game was not even close to being as depressing as the 2 game total points playoff game against Hamilton.... I don't know if that will every be topped.... that hurt for months.....

I was at both games (actually all 3 with '86 being a 2 game series), and it may not have been as depressing, but it was definitely more disappointing because the Argos were a much better team in '84 than they were in '86.

Will
08-21-2016, 11:51 AM
I was at both games (actually all 3 with '86 being a 2 game series), and it may not have been as depressing, but it was definitely more disappointing because the Argos were a much better team in '84 than they were in '86.

That '84 team went 9-6-1, which is worse than the '83 team. Did the talent level drop off from '83 to '84 because it seems like much of the core was still around so what gave...?

ArgoRavi
08-21-2016, 03:16 PM
That '84 team went 9-6-1, which is worse than the '83 team. Did the talent level drop off from '83 to '84 because it seems like much of the core was still around so what gave...?

1984 was an odd season. The team started off at 1-2 and then won their next six games in a row to go to 7-2. They then only went 2-4-1 the rest of the regular season as they wrapped up first place with about three games to go IIRC. Over those final six games, they beat Winnipeg and tied B.C. who were the other two best teams in the league but they lost to lightweights like Saskatchewan and Calgary at home. I think that the '84 squad was not that far off the '83 team but they did seem to lose their edge late in the season after they clinched first place. The Ticats, on the other hand, were 6-9-1 but won four of their final five games and headed into the postseason on a roll, especially with their defensive play.

Gill The Thrill
08-24-2016, 02:14 AM
I've always wanted to see this game, as I heard it on the radio. It was as dramatic watching Don Wittman call the game, with analysts Ron Lancaster and Leo Cahill (What a broadcast team) as it was listening to Bob Bratina and Pete Martin.

I always blamed Ilesic as I thought he was inconsistent on field goals. That 30 yd miss in OT was a killer, but now that I saw the last play of regulation for the first time...what the hell was Obie thinking with that clock management. They could have lined up for a quick play, hopefully gained a few more yards to get into better FG positon, instead of letting the clock run down to 4 seconds before calling a timeout and then asking Ilesic to kick the 55 yd single by angling it to the pylon. The angle alone would make that a tough punt in those conditions, let alone the possible 75 yd single if you wanted him to punt it out the end line of the end zones. An attempt at splitting the uprights from 50 may have been the better choice. Rouff hit on a 56 yd and 47 yd FG and outkicked Hank that game.

I agree with you in your analysis that it was the last game, where you got the perception, the Argos were viewed as big time in Toronto. 48,414 in the stands on a dreary rainy November day. Sure, there were Hamilton fans, but the Toronto fans outnumbered them and cared just as much. Being at the 2013 East Final in perfect conditions, it was sad how the Hamilton fans didn't just outcheer the Argo fans, they out-numbered them in the stands imo. That wasn't the case back in 1984. Harold Ballard was definitely not the best owner of a hockey team, but he was great at promoting the CFL and the Argo/Ticat rivalry in those days as owner of the Ticats.

This game also reiterates and proves how important it is to get a good running game because of conditions that you'll play on in the playoffs. To be fair, both defenses were strong. Better than most defenses you see in today's CFL judging by the speed of the pass rush, but it was a Div Final.

ArgoRavi
08-28-2016, 02:44 PM
Just watched the rest of this game last night and was as frustrated watching it today as I was in 1984. The Argo Bounce pretty much disappeared that day as Hamilton fumbled four times and managed to recover it on each occasion. The worst was on the one Hamilton TD drive in OT when Rocky Dipietro fumbled it with about four Argos present and Carl Brazley in especially good position to scoop up the ball and somehow the Ticats got it back. There was also a Johnny Shepherd fumble in the second quarter where he was clearly on his feet when he lost the ball, the Argos recovered and the officials somehow ruled him down. Incredible!

I concur with everyone who wonders what the hell Obie was doing in the final minute of the 4th quarter. All they had to do was call a timeout with 20 seconds left which would have allowed them to run at least one more play before sending Ilesic out to attempt a game-winning FG. It is amazing how Obie screwed up that entire equation. If Ilesic had been allowed to attempt a FG, missed and Hamilton had brought it out of the endzone, I could somewhat more easily accept this loss. However, Ilesic never had the chance.

There is so much that went wrong in that game for the Argos. I also agree with AV that the Argos likely would have won that game if Holloway had been put back into the game a bit earlier by Obie. Barnes was mostly terrible that day. Ilesic was outpunted by Ruoff and then missed a 30 yard FG in the first OT.

One question I have is how did the Argos go into the wind for the entire OT? Hamilton got the ball and the wind for the first half of OT but the Argos only got the ball and no wind for the second half. How did that happen?

One other observation - I enjoyed the sideline interviews with players done during the course of the game by Ernie Afaganis and Vic Rauter. IIRC, 1984 was the final season where such interviews were allowed. For a league that is all about fans having access, it would seem to be an easy thing to reinstate such interviews. My only concern is that I am not sure the players of today would provide the same quality of interviews that the players of back then did.

shayman
08-28-2016, 02:56 PM
I noticed that the opening cheesy graphics showed a field with numbers at the 5, 15, 25 yard lines instead of the 10, 20, 30. Were the fields ever actually marked that way?

Gill The Thrill
08-29-2016, 02:39 AM
I noticed that the opening cheesy graphics showed a field with numbers at the 5, 15, 25 yard lines instead of the 10, 20, 30. Were the fields ever actually marked that way?Loved the intros in those days, the cheese is today's lounge singers who have to remind us what day of the week it is during the intros. Instrumental intros with a driving base like the CFL on CBC intro in the 80's was classic.

If you look at highlights during the early days of Artificial turf at CNE...I'm pretty sure the numbers were painted every 5 yds. I remember seeing the 5, 10, 15, 20...and so on on the first astro turf put on CNE. It was replaced by the late 70's as I never remember seeing them by the time I started to regularly follow the CFL in the early 80's.

Will
08-29-2016, 08:32 AM
Ilesic's struggles this game probably heavily influenced the Argos bringing in Lance Chomyc for the 1985 season. Ilesic would continue to excel as a punter for the Argos and the kicking game was stabilized.

Argo57
08-29-2016, 09:00 AM
Ilesic's struggles this game probably heavily influenced the Argos bringing in Lance Chomyc for the 1985 season. Ilesic would continue to excel as a punter for the Argos and the kicking game was stabilized.

Ilesic was pretty much the last of the "toe kicking" place kickers (for lack of better terminology) replace by the "soccer style" place kickers who tended to be less erratic and more accurate.

KCargosfan
08-29-2016, 10:30 AM
When did the CFL move to an 18-game schedule and what was the reaction when they did?

paulwoods13
08-29-2016, 10:36 AM
Eighteen games began in 1986. There was no criticism from players that I can recall (about more wear and tear on them, etc.). It was seen as a logical move to eliminate two preseason games and add two meaningful games.

Johno27
08-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Eighteen games began in 1986. There was no criticism from players that I can recall (about more wear and tear on them, etc.). It was seen as a logical move to eliminate two preseason games and add two meaningful games.

Paul, do you recall if there was an issue with respect to player compensation being adjusted/pro-rated to accommodate the increase from 16 to 18 games? I seem to remember it being reported (probably Marty York) that this was a potential hurdle that would need to be cleared.

Will
08-29-2016, 01:36 PM
I found an article from the Globe & Mail written on February 12, 1986 by a Philip King (I think he's the editor now). The coaches and players were against moving the schedule from 16 to 18 games at that time. The coaches were opposed because they felt that they wouldn't have enough time for player evaluation with just two exhibition games while the players were worried that two extra regular season games would increase the chances of injury. Yes, there is also a paragraph about players being concerned that the "league will refuse to compensate them in a new contract for the increased schedule."

ArgoRavi
08-29-2016, 01:41 PM
I found an article from the Globe & Mail written on February 12, 1986 by a Philip King (I think he's the editor now). The coaches and players were against moving the schedule from 16 to 18 games at that time. The coaches were opposed because they felt that they wouldn't have enough time for player evaluation with just two exhibition games while the players were worried that two extra regular season games would increase the chances of injury. Yes, there is also a paragraph about players being concerned that the "league will refuse to compensate them in a new contract for the increased schedule."

I also recall controversy when regular season overtime was introduced in, I believe, 1986. The Argos had an early season game in Edmonton which almost ended up going to OT (Argos won on a missed Chomyc FG on the final play) and there was speculation as to whether the players would play the overtime. I believe that the league hadn't gotten the CFLPA's okay to play even more football. This was eventually ironed out by the time the first game went into OT later that season - Hamilton at Saskatchewan IIRC which ended in a tie.

paulwoods13
08-29-2016, 01:49 PM
I don't remember what happened with player comp but I really doubt players were given 11% pay increases. The league had just about lost the Stampeders to bankruptcy in 1985, Sask was holding fundraising telethons in those days and the Als/Concordes had been a basket case for half a decade. I was working as a reporter then in Calgary and covered some league issues. I have a distinct memory of a scrum where George Reed, then head of the CFLPA, essentially said the league had the players over a barrel and the players had to capitulate to ensure the league survived.

The OT issue almost came to a head at the Tor-Edm game Ravi mentioned. It was tied 34-34 in the last few minutes and the player reps (Dan Ferrone and Hec Pothier, IIRC) were gesticulating to each other across the field to try to figure out if the players would agree to play OT. As it turned out Ilesic kicked a single (I believe on a missed FG, not surprisingly) and the Argos won 35-34.

Will
08-29-2016, 01:52 PM
I also recall controversy when regular season overtime was introduced in, I believe, 1986. The Argos had an early season game in Edmonton which almost ended up going to OT (Argos won on a missed Chomyc FG on the final play) and there was speculation as to whether the players would play the overtime. I believe that the league hadn't gotten the CFLPA's okay to play even more football. This was eventually ironed out by the time the first game went into OT later that season - Hamilton at Saskatchewan IIRC which ended in a tie.

I assume you mean the August 1, 1986 game that the Argos won 35-34 off a last-second Lance Chomyc single? If so, I don't see any mention in the Star's write-up of that game pertaining to any issues.

paulwoods13
08-29-2016, 02:48 PM
I assume you mean the August 1, 1986 game that the Argos won 35-34 off a last-second Lance Chomyc single? If so, I don't see any mention in the Star's write-up of that game pertaining to any issues.

I had misremembered it as Ilesic, but it was in fact Chomyc. The Star story was probably written under intense deadline pressure because of the game being played in Mtn time zone. And Matsumoto (or whomever) wouldn't have had access to the sideline reporting of (IIRC) Al McCann, who told TV viewers about the drama being played out between Ferrone and (IIRC) Pothier as the game approached a possible OT.

ArgoRavi
08-29-2016, 05:04 PM
I had misremembered it as Ilesic, but it was in fact Chomyc. The Star story was probably written under intense deadline pressure because of the game being played in Mtn time zone. And Matsumoto (or whomever) wouldn't have had access to the sideline reporting of (IIRC) Al McCann, who told TV viewers about the drama being played out between Ferrone and (IIRC) Pothier as the game approached a possible OT.

I believe that one of Frank Cosentino's books makes mention of this incident as well.

Were you in Calgary, Paul, during the SOS (Save Our Stamps) campaign during the 1985-86 off-season? There is an iconic photo of then-Stamps DB Richie Hall weeping outside the city council chambers after the city refused to provide the team with some kind of financial relief. It looked like the Stamps were dead in the water at that point but they managed to come back from the dead.

paulwoods13
08-29-2016, 06:05 PM
I believe that one of Frank Cosentino's books makes mention of this incident as well.

Were you in Calgary, Paul, during the SOS (Save Our Stamps) campaign during the 1985-86 off-season? There is an iconic photo of then-Stamps DB Richie Hall weeping outside the city council chambers after the city refused to provide the team with some kind of financial relief. It looked like the Stamps were dead in the water at that point but they managed to come back from the dead.

That campaign was over by the time I got to Calgary at the start of the 1986 season, but I recall that picture well. The Stamps were essentially brought back to life in 1986 by that campaign, and were fortunate the team got competitive very quickly. QB Rick Johnson was a fun guy to deal with; Lary Kuharich (who replaced Bob Vespaziani as head coach in 1987, I believe) was anything but fun to deal with.

Will
08-29-2016, 06:08 PM
That campaign was over by the time I got to Calgary at the start of the 1986 season, but I recall that picture well. The Stamps were essentially brought back to life in 1986 by that campaign, and were fortunate the team got competitive very quickly. QB Rick Johnson was a fun guy to deal with; Lary Kuharich (who replaced Bob Vespaziani as head coach in 1987, I believe) was anything but fun to deal with.

Gary Allen was a good running back.
Harold Hallman also had an excellent rookie season.

Will
08-29-2016, 06:08 PM

I don't doubt it, but I couldn't even find any articles pertaining to the situation in the days following that game.

Gill The Thrill
08-30-2016, 02:42 AM

1986 was a sad year for the CFL imo. There had been a huge drop in TV ratings since the Argos had won the Grey Cup in 1983. Attendances across the league was down from the record levels (for that time) that they had reached in 1983. I beleive over 31,000 avg per game was the record in 1983. To put it in perspective that's over 6,000 more per game than the average today. Montreal had changed their name back to Alouettes after being known as the Concordes for the previous 4 seasons. The BC Lions were defending Grey Cup champions after not having won the cup for 22 years and fans in Vancouver responded as similarly as Toronto sports fans after the Argos had won in '83, they stopped going to games. It was also widely known that the league was not going to make as much in their upcoming TV deal, as 1986 was the last year of the lucrative deal with Carling O'Keefe paying the league 33 million dollars over 3 years with broadcast partner CTV. Carling O'Keefe was still the majority owner of the Argos but were divesting themselves of their sports properties. '86 was the last year CTV broadcast CFL games because of the end of that TV deal and has not broadcast a game since. The history of the founding of the network could be attributed to John Bassett getting the rights to the Eastern Conference games in 1961, and the network had televised games for 26 years straight.

I think the coaches and players were right in that having only 2 preseason games does not offer enough time to evaluate players in game situations and the 18 game schedule does naturally offer more risk of injury for starters. Both of these scenarios are not in the best interest for fans because it's watered down the product and taken away from hype. The 4 game preseason was used to sell season tickets as it was not uncommon for the Argos to draw 25-30k for a preseason game in those days. They would usually win 2-3 games and this would also hype the marketing of the team while raising fan expectations. I believe more players were invited to camp in those days and were offered more opportunity to be evaluated properly in game situations compared to just being observed in practice, or a blue/white scrimmage. Let's face it, there are guys in every sport that look like world beaters in team scrimmages, but are nowhere near as productive in actual games against real opponents that they don't see everyday in camp fighting for jobs on their own teams. Newspapers and media in general also used to discuss the competition for jobs in certain positions in much the same way you hear American reporters discuss competition for jobs during the longer NFL training camp. Today, the competition for jobs is just heard in passing, and if you blink, you miss it, because it's already week 1 before you know it.

Gill The Thrill
02-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Unfortunately, the you tube posting for this game and the 84 West Final between Wpg and BC have been removed.

This represented a great part of CFL history and of sportscast history in Canadian Television. I enjoyed flashing back to these two games from my youth and enjoyed not just the football broadcast, but even some of the ads of that era, as it brought back a lot of nostalgia.

I hope the poster wasn't ordered to remove those games by copyright holders. We are talking games that took place over 30 years ago now.:cry:Wow, just thinking that it's been that long is reason enough to keep it on as a historical archive.

ArgoRavi
02-23-2017, 10:45 PM
Unfortunately, the you tube posting for this game and the 84 West Final between Wpg and BC have been removed.

This represented a great part of CFL history and of sportscast history in Canadian Television. I enjoyed flashing back to these two games from my youth and enjoyed not just the football broadcast, but even some of the ads of that era, as it brought back a lot of nostalgia.

I hope the poster wasn't ordered to remove those games by copyright holders. We are talking games that took place over 30 years ago now.:cry:Wow, just thinking that it's been that long is reason enough to keep it on as a historical archive.

Yeah, I am not sure what happened to Gump who had posted these and many other games. Newton Minow is still posting and I also found that the two most recent CFL all-star games (1983 and 1988) are now up on YouTube.

BTW, I don't think that the CFL has any problems with these old telecasts being up. I have gotten the feeling that they welcome these very much.

Will
02-24-2017, 09:43 AM

It would be very disappointing if the poster was ordered to remove the games. To my knowledge, CTV destroyed their archive of CFL games (or it may have been destroyed in a fire). I think CBC maintains a better archive (someone may have mentioned you can order them).

Neither Newton Minnow or Gump have posted too many games in recent months.

paulwoods13
02-24-2017, 11:22 AM
It would be very disappointing if the poster was ordered to remove the games. To my knowledge, CTV destroyed their archive of CFL games (or it may have been destroyed in a fire). I think CBC maintains a better archive (someone may have mentioned you can order them).

AFAIK, both networks, and particularly CTV, reused tape -- i.e. taped new programs on it, thereby erasing what was previously on the tape. I spent a fair bit of time trying to find old games in CBC's online archive when I was researching the 1983 book and came up almost empty. There was one game listed in the archive that I really wanted to see again (Tor at Wpg in 1982) but the deeper I drilled, the less convinced I was that a copy actually existed. Maybe it will surface at some point. They make it incredibly difficult to navigate the archive and order copies, presumably because they fear it will end up in general circulation. But I am willing to bet I have more game tapes in my own archive than Bell and CBC combined. At some point I want to open my entire archive up for public enjoyment, but there's no easy way to do that as (a) I don't own the content and (b) uploading it all to YouTube or some other place would take more bandwidth (and time) than I have to spare. I will eventually try to donate it to some place that can house it and make it available. At one point a decade or more ago, the CFL itself announced that it was seeking old content from private collections. I contacted the third party that was tasked with this, to offer full access to my collection; never heard back, and I presume the initiative died.

Will
02-24-2017, 11:27 AM
AFAIK, both networks, and particularly CTV, reused tape -- i.e. taped new programs on it, thereby erasing what was previously on the tape. I spent a fair bit of time trying to find old games in CBC's online archive when I was researching the 1983 book and came up almost empty. There was one game listed in the archive that I really wanted to see again (Tor at Wpg in 1982) but the deeper I drilled, the less convinced I was that a copy actually existed. Maybe it will surface at some point. They make it incredibly difficult to navigate the archive and order copies, presumably because they fear it will end up in general circulation. But I am willing to bet I have more game tapes in my own archive than Bell and CBC combined. At some point I want to open my entire archive up for public enjoyment, but there's no easy way to do that as (a) I don't own the content and (b) uploading it all to YouTube or some other place would take more bandwidth (and time) than I have to spare. I will eventually try to donate it to some place that can house it and make it available. At one point a decade or more ago, the CFL itself announced that it was seeking old content from private collections. I contacted the third party that was tasked with this, to offer full access to my collection; never heard back, and I presume the initiative died.

I was watching Pinball's speech a few weeks ago from the honorary degree he received from William & Mary and the intro video showed him scoring a touchdown against the Stallions in the 1994 season. They may have used your clips from the YouTube video you posted of that game from a few weeks back.

paulwoods13
02-24-2017, 01:09 PM
I was watching Pinball's speech a few weeks ago from the honorary degree he received from William & Mary and the intro video showed him scoring a touchdown against the Stallions in the 1994 season. They may have used your clips from the YouTube video you posted of that game from a few weeks back.

Very likely. I've seen a lot of "my" YouTube clips on the jumbotron over the years, and a few on various TV broadcasts. I'm happy to have them used and seen, and obviously I'd far prefer that than to have someone order them to be taken down.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8