PDA

View Full Version : Mock 2012 CFL Draft

j-ski
04-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Here are my guesses for the first two rounds.

I assume that Tyrone Crawford, DE and Austin Pasztor, OL get drafted in the NFL draft. Also assume, Frederic Plesius, LB,
Shamawd Chambers, WR, and Ben Heenan, OL sign free agent NFL contracts before the CFL draft.

Round One
1. Saskatchewan - Ben Heenan, OL - can't bypass a good Sask boy even if they may never see him.
2. Edmonton - Shamawd Chambers, WR - will have a harder time sticking in the NFL
3. Hamilton - Simon Charbonneau-Campeau, WR - go for a Andy Fantuz/Dave Stala backup (Cortez hits Obie on head and prevents him from drafting another FB:-) )
4. BC - Ismael Bamba, WR - add another athletic Canadian receiver
5. Calgary - Kirby Fabien, OL - good pick if he stays healthy
6. Edmonton - Tyson Pencer, OL - safe OL pick
7. BC - Ameet Pall, DE - athletic Canadian

Round Two

8. Winnipeg - Arnaud Gascon-Nadon, DE - good defensive prospect (gift form Sask)
9. Toronto - Matt Norman, OL - love their Western guys
10. Hamilton - Jason Medeiros, OL - can't loose with a Mac guy
11. Montreal - Frederic Plesius, LB - gamble that he doesn't stick in NFL, I think he will.
12. Calgary - Johnny Aprile, WR - good E-camp
13. Winnipeg - Courtney Stephen, DB - future CFL safety take Ian Logan's place
14. BC - Christo Bilukidi, DL - athletic Canadian

What do you guys think?

RoRoYoBoat
04-16-2012, 04:40 PM
I think all of Hardaway's clients AGN, SCC, Muamba, Plesius are going to have a surprise.

Here are my guesses for the first two rounds.

I assume that Tyrone Crawford, DE and Austin Pasztor, OL get drafted in the NFL draft. Also assume, Frederic Plesius, LB,
Shamawd Chambers, WR, and Ben Heenan, OL sign free agent NFL contracts before the CFL draft.

Round One
1. Saskatchewan - Austin PasztorBen Heenan, OL - can't bypass a good Sask boy even if they may never see him.
2. Edmonton - Ben Heenan, WR - will have a harder time sticking in the NFL
3. Hamilton -Shamawd Chambers, WR - go for a Andy Fantuz/Dave Stala backup (Cortez hits Obie on head and prevents him from drafting another FB:-) )
4. BC - John Cappiciotti add another athletic Canadian receiver
5. Calgary - Raymond Tone Loc - good pick if he stays healthy
6. Edmonton - Ismael Bamba, OL - safe OL pick
7. BC - Braiim Raiic, DE - athletic Canadian

Round Two

8. Winnipeg -Crisco Bilukidi, DE - good defensive prospect (gift form Sask)
9. Toronto -Fat Norman, OL - love their Western guys
10. Hamilton - Jason Medeiros, OL - can't loose with a Mac guy
11. Montreal -Herve Ton Loc, LB - gamble that he doesn't stick in NFL, I think he will.
12. Calgary - Simon Charboni, WR - good E-camp
13. Winnipeg - Frederico Del PlesiusCourtney Stephen, DB - future CFL safety take Ian Logan's place
14. BC - Tyrone Crawfish, DL - athletic Canadian

What do you guys think?

My message isn't too short. I just used crayola crayons.

KCargosfan
04-16-2012, 07:31 PM
I think all of Hardaway's clients AGN, SCC, Muamba, Plesius are going to have a surprise.

You lost me on this one? Do the CFL teams hate an agent named Hardaway?

RoRoYoBoat
04-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I would not say hate but fall more under the category of "not worth the hassle".

j-ski
04-16-2012, 08:06 PM
You lost me on this one? Do the CFL teams hate an agent named Hardaway?

From one of Duane Fordes interviews:

Arnaud Gascon-Nadon
Defensive Line
6’ 3” 250 pounds
Laval

Forde: “I would say that the thing that may hurt his stock out of all of this [him leaving the combine early with an injury] is the perception of the possible involvement of his agent in terms of how all of this went down.

“His agent Jonathan Hardaway is a guy who has had a relationship that is more adversarial than friendly with a lot of CFL management over the course of last couple of years.

“For what went on with Gascon-Nadon to go on, and for that to be associated with his agent, all of a sudden the radar goes up. I heard at least one CFL front office person suggest, ‘that who these kids hire as agents is going to start affecting their draft position,’ because it’s not worth dealing with it.”

Miles Gorrell's first round mock draft:

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/73977

QMI Mock Draft

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/2012/05/01/19704576.html

gilthethrill
05-03-2012, 08:19 AM
With the offseason release of Wes Lysack, I see db Keegan McDougall being drafted somewhere by the Argos to join Matt Black as NI in the back field.

ArgoGabe22
05-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Hopefully Hollohan drops a bit for missing the season. Wouldn't mind taking a chance if avaailabe in the later rounds.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8