PDA

View Full Version : Sun Aug 28 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats vs. Calgary Stampeders

R.J
08-25-2016, 02:11 PM
Could/should be the game of the week.

ArgoGabe22
08-25-2016, 02:50 PM
My gut says Hamilton will win. Collaros will just blow Mitchell away, hypothetically speaking since they don't play against each other at the same time.

PullTogether73
08-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Yah, this could go either way imo.
With Collaros back, plus that defence, along with Banks returning kicks, the Cats will be very competitive.

ArgoRavi
08-25-2016, 03:23 PM
I expect Calgary to exploit a Hamilton defence that has struggled at times this season.

KCargosfan
08-25-2016, 05:28 PM
I expect Calgary to exploit a Hamilton defence that has struggled at times this season.

+1

Argo
08-25-2016, 08:11 PM
@ Calgary means I have to take the Stamps. If Hammy wins, however, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Argo57
08-25-2016, 08:34 PM
The game of the week.
Should be close but I'm picking Hamilton.

gilthethrill
08-27-2016, 07:02 PM

I fully expect the same thing. Last week's blowout against Saskatchewan made Hamilton's defense look much better than they are.

ArgoRavi
08-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Just a note that TSN is putting microphones on both head coaches and both QBs tonight.

KCargosfan
08-28-2016, 04:38 PM
Just a note that TSN is putting microphones on both head coaches and both QBs tonight.

I hope they have the dump button ready.

ArgoGabe22
08-28-2016, 05:26 PM

There better be a huge delay with Austin mic'd up. Especially when something goes wrong. Sure hope the Stamps will make him go bonkers on the sideline.

AngeloV
08-28-2016, 05:30 PM
There better be a huge delay with Austin mic'd up. Especially when something goes wrong. Sure hope the Stamps will make him go bonkers on the sideline.

There will be a slight delay, but not a huge one from what I heard in a radio interview Friday.

Wobbler
08-28-2016, 08:58 PM
This has been a good game. I sincerely hope that we start playing at this level soon.

Argo57
08-28-2016, 09:09 PM
Tight battle between two good football teams, pretty entertaining.
Hamiltons secondary is their Achilles heal.

Argo57
08-28-2016, 10:08 PM
Pitiful clock management by Calgary in the last few minutes made it closer than it should have been.

OV Argo
08-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Could/should be the game of the week.

You were correct sir !

Nice game; and good comeback by the Pussycats.

Battle of 2 outstanding young CFL QBs: beautiful, prefect TD strike by Collaros to Tolliver; answered by a beauty long bomb TD throw by Bo to that new impressive receiver Daniels = love to see some long ball passing game in the CFL now. Pretty clear that Collaros really favors Tasker as his main target - defences should be keying on this IMO and having a LB or extra DB near him underneath, with another DB in man over the top - double cover the guy, especially on 2nd and long.

Stumps are the class of the league IMO - really solid in all phases, with an excellent dual kicking game. Not so great however that they could not be easily beat in the West play-offs or a GC.

OV Argo
08-28-2016, 10:19 PM
Tight battle between two good football teams, pretty entertaining.
Hamiltons secondary is their Achilles heal.

Agreed - not so great secondary; should have left Stephen and corner and be playing Mike Daly at safety IMO; but that would be an extra NI starter and Kenty is a 7 only need apply thinker.

Wobbler
08-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Agreed, OV. We've either been fortunate not to face the Stamps until all of our pieces are in place or have been unlucky not to face them in recent weeks when we would have lost to anyone. Time will tell...

ArgoGabe22
08-28-2016, 10:26 PM
I may get tomatoes thrown at me for saying this but Owens might have lost a step.

Wobbler
08-28-2016, 10:35 PM
Does anyone really doubt that? The question, I think, is whether Owens-minus-a-step might have been more useful than whoever we spent his salary on this year. "Probably not", is my answer, but who can really say?

AngeloV
08-28-2016, 10:49 PM
Does anyone really doubt that? The question, I think, is whether Owens-minus-a-step might have been more useful than whoever we spent his salary on this year. "Probably not", is my answer, but who can really say?

Well Kenny Shaw is playing his spot, and has not been to shabby.

Wobbler
08-28-2016, 11:04 PM
Well Kenny Shaw is playing his spot, and has not been to shabby.
I supported the decision to cut Owens. Shaw has been a pleasant surprise, and I'm glad we have him - but I don't think he is collecting Owens' salary.

AngeloV
08-28-2016, 11:38 PM
I supported the decision to cut Owens. Shaw has been a pleasant surprise, and I'm glad we have him - but I don't think he is collecting Owens' salary.

Understood, but if we kept Owens, Shaw may not be around, and since production is similar (actually better than what the Argos got from Owens last year), it makes the difference in salaries sort of found money. I didn't support letting Owens go at the time, but sometimes it opens a great opportunity for someone else. In this case Shaw.

PullTogether73
08-28-2016, 11:48 PM
Always a plus when your team is on a bye but loses no ground to any teams in its division.:hug:

Argo57
08-29-2016, 08:45 AM
I may get tomatoes thrown at me for saying this but Owens might have lost a step.

He lost a step a year or two ago IMO.
If he'd have stayed in Toronto it would have continued, the Argos not offering Owens a contract for this season was a major slap in the face to a proud guy.
What we are seeing is a motivated player with a lot to prove to which the Ticats have been the benefactor so far.

PullTogether73
08-29-2016, 10:02 AM
If he'd have stayed in Toronto it would have continued, the Argos not offering Owens a contract for this season was a major slap in the face to a proud guy.
What we are seeing is a motivated player with a lot to prove to which the Ticats have been the benefactor so far.

Completely agree with this assessment.

I (still) love CO2, but he had begun to decline.
I was sorry to see him go from the Argos, but I believe it was the right move.
And yes, he appears rejuvenated as a result of having to move to the Cats.

KCargosfan
08-29-2016, 10:25 AM

Dead on, right here.

KCargosfan
08-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Understood, but if we kept Owens, Shaw may not be around, and since production is similar (actually better than what the Argos got from Owens last year), it makes the difference in salaries sort of found money. I didn't support letting Owens go at the time, but sometimes it opens a great opportunity for someone else. In this case Shaw.

No doubt. Owens is making $115K from the Ti-Cats according to reports, and my guess is we aren't paying Shaw more than $60K.

Jayahre
08-29-2016, 10:31 AM
Owens will be 35 next season. I don't think the Ticats will renew his contract after this season and he will probably retire rather than wait for another team to pick him up.

paulwoods13
08-29-2016, 10:38 AM
If Sinkfield gets cut and comes back to the CFL, would the Ticats cut or deactivate Owens to get him back in the lineup? I think that's at least possible.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8