PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoff's

argonaut11xx
04-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Pittsburg down 0-3....Vancouver down 0-3....

Nashville up on Detroit?...NYR and Ottawa beating up on each other....

Some of the games look like the 1970's broad street bullies...

Its been very exciting and entertaining so far, anyone have any predictions?..thoughts???

marcwagz
04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
predictions? Somebody is going to get hurt, these games are brutal, even Crosby has been demoted into a goon.

1argoholic
04-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Best NHL playoffs in years and it's only 3 games in. Holy crap Crosby lost his mind yesterday.

Looks like Karma is hitting hard and fast in Vancouver. Trash your city and the hockey gods trash your team, I picked Vancouver to go four straight in the first round so I'm pumped. We were in Vancouver to see all the very sad faces after game two. It was great!!!!!!

matchuk
04-16-2012, 11:21 PM
im loving these playoffs...and it looks like a few upsets coming too...some nasty head shots that need to be dealt with, but other then that, great fast paced hockey...

i dont care who wins since my flames arent playing, but i really dont want vancouver to win (cuz of last years bs) or detroit (since they are always a powerhouse team)....LA in the final would be interesting

Argocister
04-17-2012, 12:07 AM
The games in this first round will be difficult to surpass. The pace is amazing and every game has been exciting. It certainly provides a different level of play compared to the regular season and the Leafs.
Interesting to see that the Canucks and the Penguins could be out this week. They were favoured by many to make it to the finals.
I haven't seen much of the Bruins and Caps games, but of the other quarters, I think Phillie is proving to be a force that will make it out of the east.
The west I'm not sure which teams will make it to the next round. I'm presently thinking Nashville.... but thats more wishful thinking .

So how many of you could lounge around all Sunday and take in all the games?
thats when delivery is needed morning , noon and night . pizza, swiss chalet, beer

:)

1argoholic
04-17-2012, 12:19 PM
It has been GREAT. I know as a true hockey fan I'll watch and enjoy as many games as I can. I also know if Vancouver gets knocked out soon there will be plenty of broken legs with all the band wagon jumpers out here. Most won't watch another hockey game.
I'm loving watching St. Louis. Man can this team skate. They should be up 3-0. I think they could take it all and with a few former Leafs playing well. I'm starting to think that's it's just a rare few players that can handle the pressure of playing in the TO market place. These guys end up all over the league and playing very well. Look at Steen, the guy can skate circles around players with the puck. More fun tonight.

argonaut11xx
04-17-2012, 03:14 PM
this is OLD SCHOOL...smash mouth hockey at its best.....

Im liking the Flyers, Rangers, and Preds ALOT....

I think both Vancouver, and Pittsburg will win at least one game...but then get the boot....

Seems like most of the teams in the first round followed the "Burke" example..truculance etc...too bad Burkie didnt follow his own example.

argonaut11xx
04-23-2012, 09:19 AM
WOW...2 of the favorites are out..(Van + Pitt)...and the Rangers are on the ropes..(i hope they come back)..Boston is in a game 7...

This could be the most wide open Stanley Cup race in years if the Bruins, and Rangers fall...

Nashville looks very good

Mulder
04-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Vancouver played like shit. I watched them get torn apart in game 4 at the start and turned it off. Watched much of the same in game 5. Sure Quick was stellar, but that series was just bad.

St. Louis and LA in the next round. Probably be another low scoring affair. I like LA in that round actually.

As for the rest, If Ottawa beats NY, And Boston loses in game 7, I see Ottawa having a pretty clear path to the eastern final.

Will
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm reluctant to underestimate Florida because everyone's been doing that all year and yet they've succeeded.

ArgoRavi
04-24-2012, 02:19 AM
I'm reluctant to underestimate Florida because everyone's been doing that all year and yet they've succeeded.

Florida and Phoenix. Wouldn't that be some kind of Stanley Cup Final?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8