PDA

View Full Version : Switch T.V. coverage to other side of the field?

jojoheath
09-02-2016, 09:27 AM
I wonder if the Argos or the league have considered this. With more people sitting on the west side, it would look much better on T.V. I do believe attendance will be better next year when they get better dates, however at this point it does not look good.

Invader
09-02-2016, 10:18 AM
That's a good idea, the west side is fairly packed with vivacious fans which looks good on TV. With the majority of Argo fans watching home games...at home, seeing the lively atmosphere on the west side might compel more couch fans to get off their duff and support their team. I'm not sure if it's possible to switch sides for the TV broadcasts but the sparse east side looks pretty uninspiring by comparison.

ArgoZ
09-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Interestingly, when the stadium was first built, that was the packed side, due to the larger West grandstand. With the sun setting behind the camera, they are positioned on the correct side.

jojoheath
09-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Yes, I did not think about the sun, that would cause problems

shayman
09-02-2016, 11:30 AM
In the long tradition of impractical solutions to Argo problems - let's move the sun to the other side of the stadium then!

AngeloV
09-02-2016, 12:17 PM
In the long tradition of impractical solutions to Argo problems - let's move the sun to the other side of the stadium then!

10pm starts for every home game.

Godfather
09-02-2016, 01:09 PM
I don't think there is enough room for TV equipment to change the view to the west side. One thing they can do is lower ticket prices on the east side.

AngeloV
09-02-2016, 01:49 PM
I don't think there is enough room for TV equipment to change the view to the west side. One thing they can do is lower ticket prices on the east side.

ding ding ding...We have a winner.

Neely2005
09-02-2016, 01:56 PM

I thought that some of the upper deck season tickets on the east side were cheaper than there counterparts on the west side?

AngeloV
09-02-2016, 02:13 PM
I thought that some of the upper deck season tickets on the east side were cheaper than there counterparts on the west side?

Looking at the map, they look about the same for the most part. Frankly, I think the Argos have too many price points in their seating. not including field and club seating, they have 10 different price points. That is ridiculous IMO. They should go to 5 price points IMO. Lower upper levels between the 30 yard lines (2). Lower and upper levels between inside the 30 yard lines (2) and end zone (1). Simpler is better.

Mightygoose
09-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Looking from the west side on Wednesday, the glare didn't look to bad on the east. Less 'brighter' than they looked on the Saturday afternoon vs. the Esks.

In addition to re-pricing I wonder if they should also avoid any matanees until after Labour Day as the sun will set earlier.

AngeloV
09-02-2016, 04:33 PM
In addition to re-pricing I wonder if they should also avoid any matanees until after Labour Day as the sun will set earlier.

Also a little cooler after Labour Day, so the sun may be a welcome to some.

R.J
09-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Frankly, I think the Argos have too many price points in their seating. Simpler is better.
^ This!

PullTogether73
09-02-2016, 06:01 PM

Completely agree with this.

And since Toronto is the centre of the universe, how difficult could this be to implement?:hmmmm:

argos1873
09-02-2016, 07:05 PM

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! It would be much simpler to just turn the stadium around. Use your brain man!

mint83
09-03-2016, 01:27 AM
I wonder if the Argos or the league have considered this. With more people sitting on the west side, it would look much better on T.V. I do believe attendance will be better next year when they get better dates, however at this point it does not look good.

I know it's probably not possible but that's the first thing I thought of watching the Ottawa game.

Even some Skydome games looked okay with all the fans sitting behind the Argos bench.

Shipyard
09-03-2016, 01:45 AM
I know it's probably not possible but that's the first thing I thought of watching the Ottawa game.

Even some Skydome games looked okay with all the fans sitting behind the Argos bench.

they can switch sides for TV.

Frank Clair had TV camera on roof side, now at TD place they moved the press box and cameras to new grandstand.
They could easily do it a bmo. They have space for cameras (wheelchair sections in bottom of upper east)

shayman
09-03-2016, 12:39 PM
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! It would be much simpler to just turn the stadium around. Use your brain man!

Mount stadium on giant turntable, have it constantly rotate so that the sunshine is distributed evenly to all patrons.

I'm still mad they didn't implement my idea of a floating stadium that could be towed from Toronto to Hamilton and back as needed.

paulwoods13
09-03-2016, 05:12 PM
they can switch sides for TV.

Frank Clair had TV camera on roof side, now at TD place they moved the press box and cameras to new grandstand.
They could easily do it a bmo. They have space for cameras (wheelchair sections in bottom of upper east)

It is probably technically possible but i suspect it would cost a fair bit and I really don't see anyone fronting that cost, especially for a problem (too few fans in the east stands) that we can reasonably assume will be solved in the next few years. If it's not solved, disguising it for TV viewers will be the least of our worries.

Golden Fleece
09-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Mount stadium on giant turntable, have it constantly rotate so that the sunshine is distributed evenly to all patrons.

I'm still mad they didn't implement my idea of a floating stadium that could be towed from Toronto to Hamilton and back as needed. Thanks for providing my morning laugh.

KCargosfan
09-05-2016, 07:56 PM

I'm still mad they didn't implement my idea of a floating stadium that could be towed from Toronto to Hamilton and back as needed.

haha. Awesome.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8