PDA

View Full Version : Away 2 weeks, looking forward to updates?

argotom
09-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Just got back from a 2 week European vacation.
I had a better time then I see our Argos have.
I read the reports on the net and followed this forum when possible.
I see how I missed a great Labour day and it was a classic.
Wouldn't mind some honest insight into our troubled team.

PullTogether73
09-07-2016, 10:25 PM
What is it you want us to tell you that hasn't been said in all the threads since you left?

Ron
09-08-2016, 04:05 AM

Team is struggling and many fans are whinners. ;)

paulwoods13
09-08-2016, 12:05 PM

We should never have let Collaros and Harris walk. Ricky has passed his best-before date. Cleo Lemon is awful.

Scooter McCray
09-08-2016, 01:07 PM
The Edmonton transit system is full of reprebates.

AngeloV
09-08-2016, 01:29 PM
We should never have let Collaros and Harris walk. Ricky has passed his best-before date. Cleo Lemon is awful.

You left out the part of firing Barker/Milanovich and hiring Tillman/Trestman....T&T if you will.

argolio
09-09-2016, 01:35 AM
You know what the problem with Europe is? Too many Europeans!

argotom
09-09-2016, 06:13 PM

You have finally seen the light my friend.
What took so long?

argotom
09-09-2016, 06:17 PM
You know what the problem with Europe is? Too many Europeans!
Unfortunately I did not meet up with the Griswalds, although I was looking out for them.

argotom
09-09-2016, 06:18 PM
You left out the part of firing Barker/Milanovich and hiring Tillman/Trestman....T&T if you will.

And your point is?

AngeloV
09-09-2016, 06:43 PM
And your point is?

My point was that if a sarcastic comment is going to be made, you should be all in with it.

KCargosfan
09-10-2016, 04:22 AM
ArgoTom, where did you go in Europe?

ArgoGabe22
09-10-2016, 08:00 AM

He was in Italy trying to snatch Adam Rita away from the Italian Football League, where he is now coaching. ;)

argotom
09-10-2016, 10:53 AM

Thanks for asking KC.
Another beautiful part of Europe, a small nation of Croatia with the wonderful Adriatic coastline.
Was going to buy tickets and watch the Turkey Croatia WC qualification game but unfortunately it was played in an empty stadium due to sanctions.
I recommend to all if the opportunity presents itself.

argotom
09-10-2016, 10:55 AM
He was in Italy trying to snatch Adam Rita away from the Italian Football League, where he is now coaching. ;)

I didn't know that?

1971GreyCup
09-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Thanks for asking KC.
Another beautiful part of Europe, a small nation of Croatia with the wonderful Adriatic coastline.
Was going to buy tickets and watch the Turkey Croatia WC qualification game but unfortunately it was played in an empty stadium due to sanctions.

Argotom,

We also were in Croatia (on the Makarska Riviera) mid August & visited Sarajevo and Mostar in Bosnia and Hercegovina during our Croatia visit. I concur, the Adriatic coastline is like no other. My son and I proudly wore our Argonauts and Grey Cup merchandise, too.

I understand Brad Pitt and Angelina were in Croatia as scouting out beach property.("Brad Pitt - Croatia is the most beautiful country I've ever seen" Brad Pitt is so much in love with Croatia that he has promised to come back soon. The Hollywood actor spent a two-day flying visit to the Croatian coastline last week and more details of his trip are emerging.) Dubrovnik Times, Sept 5th, 2016

We went on to the the UK on the way back and even dropped into Dublin, Ireland to attend the Georgia Tech vs. Boston College NCAA Week #1 match.

Argo57
09-10-2016, 01:47 PM
Team is struggling and many fans are whinners. ;)

Which is it whiners or winners?

argotom
09-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Argotom,

We also were in Croatia (on the Makarska Riviera) mid August & visited Sarajevo and Mostar in Bosnia and Hercegovina during our Croatia visit. I concur, the Adriatic coastline is like no other. My son and I proudly wore our Argonauts and Grey Cup merchandise, too.

I understand Brad Pitt and Angelina were in Croatia as scouting out beach property.("Brad Pitt - Croatia is the most beautiful country I've ever seen" Brad Pitt is so much in love with Croatia that he has promised to come back soon. The Hollywood actor spent a two-day flying visit to the Croatian coastline last week and more details of his trip are emerging.) Dubrovnik Times, Sept 5th, 2016

We went on to the the UK on the way back and even dropped into Dublin, Ireland to attend the Georgia Tech vs. Boston College NCAA Week #1 match.

Thanks for sharing your visit 71.
Yes we were also on the coast in a beautiful coastal town of Opatija.
I wore my Argo hat.
We saw Pitt on TV as he was visiting and checking out the coastal town of Sibenik.
Supposedly was looking into property as you mention.
There are a ton of tourists on their riviera from all over.
My wife and I have visited for the last several years.
The good thing this year Air Transat flies direct from Toronto to Zagreb, beats the connecting flights throughout Europe.

KCargosfan
09-10-2016, 02:08 PM

haha, tip of the cap to you, sir.

KCargosfan
09-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Thanks for asking KC.

That is on my list to go to next. I also recommend Cinque Terre in Italy (if you can find a place to stay) and the town of Sorrento. Both gorgeous. Island of Santorini is good too, (AngeloV's ancestors are there I think?) though it is absurdly expensive unless you stay in a hostel and eat nothing but gyros like I did.

1971GreyCup
09-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Thanks for sharing your visit 71.
Yes we were also on the coast in a beautiful coastal town of Opatija.
I wore my Argo hat.
We saw Pitt on TV as he was visiting and checking out the coastal town of Sibenik.
Supposedly was looking into property as you mention.
There are a ton of tourists on their riviera from all over.
My wife and I have visited for the last several years.

I met my wife in Sarajevo in 1997 when I was an expat working in what torn Former Yugoslavia. Back then, I listened to the classic Argos '96 Grey Cup on shortwave radio from a war ravaged Sarajevo.

My wife is from the UK and in '97 was Station Manager with Swissair. While we dated, we spent every free weekend on the coast in Tucepi, Makarska Riviera. We return to Croatia often. Sadly, the Europeans have now forgotten the war, and have returned in droves. Back in '97 we had the beaches all to ourselves!

By the way, Opatija looks great!

argotom
09-10-2016, 02:53 PM
That is on my list to go to next. I also recommend Cinque Terre in Italy (if you can find a place to stay) and the town of Sorrento. Both gorgeous. Island of Santorini is good too, (AngeloV's ancestors are there I think?) though it is absurdly expensive unless you stay in a hostel and eat nothing but gyros like I did.

Yes KC.
My wife is of Italian descent.
Been there as the Mediterranean side is also awesome.
The Amalfi coast is a must to see, just near Sorrento as you know.
Santorini on the Greek side is breath taking.

doubleblue
09-10-2016, 02:55 PM

Good for Adam. I didn't know that. Thought I saw him at an Argo game a few weeks ago.

Argo57
09-10-2016, 02:59 PM
Good for Adam. I didn't know that. Thought I saw him at an Argo game a few weeks ago.

Probably scouting QB's

doubleblue
09-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Probably scouting QB's :)

ArgoGabe22
09-10-2016, 05:41 PM

I actually saw him in Port Credit last month. There was an article on his Italy job somewhere on the net.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8