PDA

View Full Version : Where is Hazelton?

timlb01
09-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Hazelton has been on the depth chart for the last 3 or 4 games but he has not been on the bench or on the IR. What is going on with him?

doubleblue
09-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Maybe he's being kept in reserve as a throw in for the next QB trade.

Will
09-12-2016, 04:50 PM
It is simply a numbers game with Hazelton at this time and the Argos wanting to balance the skill-sets of the receivers that they have in the lineup. Elliott and Gurley have been solid the last couple of weeks and the Argos also want Shaw and Spencer in the lineup at the same time. Plus, the 5th spot is for the National receiver and thus Hazelton is the odd man out. It was also noted on here that he's struggled with drops this season, which I'm sure has played a factor.

OV Argo
09-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Hazelton has lost playing time to far superior receivers in Gurley & Elliott (both coming back from injury), and Spencer is a big play deep threat and Shaw has flashed some talent this year too.

Hazelton got recognition last year as part of the new/rookie "big 3", and though he led the team in receiving (i think?) last season - it was IMO more from playing slot where he got lots of passes thrown his way and catching a bunch of them that were right in his bread-basket; some of us here were not that impressed and could see a potential upgrade with TC competition and other receivers getting and staying healthy = that has happened.

Argo
09-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Hazelton has lost playing time to far superior receivers in Gurley & Elliott (both coming back from injury), and Spencer is a big play deep threat and Shaw has flashed some talent this year too.

Hazelton got recognition last year as part of the new/rookie "big 3", and though he led the team in receiving (i think?) last season - it was IMO more from playing slot where he got lots of passes thrown his way and catching a bunch of them that were right in his bread-basket; some of us here were not that impressed and could see a potential upgrade with TC competition and other receivers getting and staying healthy = that has happened.

I think VH was/is better than you remember. As I recall, he's made a lot of quality, significant catches as an Argonaut. Right now, though, it looks like he'll have to wait his turn to play.

timlb01
09-12-2016, 06:14 PM
So the depth chart is obviously not very accurate with who gets dressed for the game. I thought the depth chart showed the players that were dressed for the game. I could understand why it maybe wrong from time to time but to have him on there 3 or 4 weeks in a row. Brutal.

paulwoods13
09-12-2016, 06:24 PM
No, depth chart shows the 46-man roster but teams dress 44. Always sit two who are on the chart. Usually but not always one INT and one NAT.

timlb01
09-12-2016, 06:33 PM
No, depth chart shows the 46-man roster but teams dress 44. Always sit two who are on the chart. Usually but not always one INT and one NAT.

Thanks Paul, I did not realize that.

OV Argo
09-12-2016, 06:34 PM
The depth chart on TSN's graphic also showed Elsworth as the starting MLB last game and I'm not sure I saw him on the field at all on defence? = the team site or TV depth charts are often incorrect so you have to just look for yourself - to see who is playing anyways. Gordon seemed to be lining-up as a sort of MLB - and the Argos were sending lots of blitz pressure from the back 8; and Kenty and the Ticats offence could not handle it or make adjustments - even though Gable had a solid game running the ball in the Ticats Labour Day win, they chose to stay mostly away from using him as much there - with no true linebackers on the field for the Argos ??? - loved it/hilarious - and they stuck with Collaros trying to throw under lots of pressure. Kenty outcoached by Millanovich/Stubler for a welcome change.

argotom
09-12-2016, 06:37 PM
Speaking of which I was looking for Kackert on the sidelines yesterday.
I have noticed since the first game how most of the PR players do not stand in civvies on the sidelines like when you see on TV at other stadiums.
Has anyone noticed the dame thing?
I wonder why or is it barker and Milanovich at work again for some strange reason?

paulwoods13
09-12-2016, 06:41 PM
I have noticed since the first game how most of the PR players do not stand in civvies on the sidelines like when you see on TV at other stadiums.
I wonder why or is it barker and Milanovich at work again for some strange reason?

They all sit in the two or three rows right behind the Argo bench.

AngeloV
09-12-2016, 09:13 PM

Every practice I have gone to, the last one being prior to the BC game, Kackert has practiced.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8