PDA

View Full Version : Sep. 17: REDBLACKS @ Stampeders

PullTogether73
09-14-2016, 07:52 AM
Anyone willing to bet against the Stampeders?
REDBLACKS are coming off of a bye, while Stamps had two tough games against rival Edmonton.
Personally, I stay with the racing horses until they falter.

AngeloV
09-14-2016, 01:32 PM
Go Stamps. This is the opponent that originally killed Trevor Harris' confidence last year in that "home" game at THF. Call me mean, but I'm hoping for history to repeat itself.

OV Argo
09-14-2016, 02:40 PM
RedBlacks should have easily beat the Stamps at home earlier this season, but bone-head plays let the Stamps get away with a tie.

RedBlacks are pretty banged-up with injuries, but i still think they could beat the Stamps - whose record is IMO very inflated by getting to play all the mediocre CFL teams this season.

I'd bet on the Stamps this game though.

AngeloV
09-14-2016, 02:46 PM
RedBlacks should have easily beat the Stamps at home earlier this season, but bone-head plays let the Stamps get away with a tie.

RedBlacks are pretty banged-up with injuries, but i still think they could beat the Stamps - whose record is IMO very inflated by getting to play all the mediocre CFL teams this season.

I'd bet on the Stamps this game though.

OK, I have to ask. How is the Stamps record is inflated by playing mediocre CFL teams? yet the RedBlacks who play the same mediocre teams are just a game over .500, and have lost 4 of 6? Are you a RedBlacks shill OV? Shame on you.

OV Argo
09-14-2016, 03:16 PM
OK, I have to ask. How is the Stamps record is inflated by playing mediocre CFL teams? yet the RedBlacks who play the same mediocre teams are just a game over .500, and have lost 4 of 6? Are you a RedBlacks shill OV? Shame on you.

ALL CFL teams this season (except the Stamps) are ultra mediocre at best IMO - that is my point = the Stamps are not a 10 & 1 type team even though that's their record. In a CFL season with a few good/solid teams, the Stamps of this year would be lucky to be a .500 team.

ArgoRavi
09-14-2016, 04:28 PM
ALL CFL teams this season (except the Stamps) are ultra mediocre at best IMO - that is my point = the Stamps are not a 10 & 1 type team even though that's their record. In a CFL season with a few good/solid teams, the Stamps of this year would be lucky to be a .500 team.

I don't think that you are giving Calgary enough credit, OV. That is a team that is sound in every area IMO.

argolio
09-14-2016, 04:54 PM
I say Calgary would have won the Grey Cup last year if they didn't get destroyed by o-line injuries. And they still put up 14 wins. They'd be going for three Cups in a row if not for that.

KCargosfan
09-15-2016, 12:41 AM
I say Calgary would have won the Grey Cup last year if they didn't get destroyed by o-line injuries. And they still put up 14 wins. They'd be going for three Cups in a row if not for that.

No doubt people forget the injuries. If Calgary had their healthy oline last year I think they down Edmonton and win the Cup.

KCargosfan
09-15-2016, 12:43 AM
Go Stamps. This is the opponent that originally killed Trevor Harris' confidence last year in that "home" game at THF. Call me mean, but I'm hoping for history to repeat itself.

Not mean, just smart. Because if Ottawa loses and we win, we're back in first (and Hamilton loses).

gilthethrill
09-17-2016, 05:48 PM
Ottawa does not look good on D.....Argos can beat them Friday night.

Jayahre
09-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Ottawa does not look good on D.....Argos can beat them Friday night.

They turned it around at half time, their D looks greatly improved in the second half.
I wouldn't count on the Argos on Friday night

7dj83r8f78t4alf8