PDA

View Full Version : Argo Season Ticket Holder Survey - Re: Schedule

Mightygoose
09-15-2016, 09:18 PM
I take it all STs received the survey via email today.

I noticed towards the end, they put a greater emphasis on the schedule and presumably for next season. Perhaps it's the norm every year.

Days of the week listed.

Weekdays
Saturdays - Selected this
Sundays

That lead to the next series of options if selected Saturdays

1pm
4pm
7pm - Selected this.
8pm

Curious to see a pattern though a small sample here.

Will
09-15-2016, 09:36 PM
I selected:

Saturdays
4PM
Balanced throughout the season

eiben35
09-15-2016, 09:40 PM
I selected Sunday 4 pm

AngeloV
09-15-2016, 09:56 PM
I selected:

Saturdays
4PM
Balanced throughout the season

Exactly what I selected.

argos1873
09-15-2016, 10:15 PM
I'm not a ST holder, nor will I be next year since I live out of town, but I would choose Saturday at 4 as my preference.

BorisToronto
09-15-2016, 11:30 PM
I put Saturday at 7pm as preferred as well as a balanced season. Also made comment about more argos history to be showcased during game day.

PullTogether73
09-16-2016, 03:53 AM
I put Saturday at 7pm as preferred as well as a balanced season.

Same choices for me.

paulwoods13
09-16-2016, 08:52 AM
Exactly what I selected.

Me too.

LLB997
09-16-2016, 09:33 AM
I put Saturday at 7pm as preferred as well as a balanced season. Also made comment about more argos history to be showcased during game day.

nice to see consistency and great point about showcasing history.

jojoheath
09-16-2016, 09:36 AM
Saturday at 7 was my pick

Scooter McCray
09-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Saturday at 4 pm was my pick. Suggested post game concerts.

shayman
09-16-2016, 09:53 AM
Suggested post game concerts.

[cough] already happening at gate 1 :-)

Scooter McCray
09-16-2016, 09:58 AM
[cough] already happening at gate 1 :-)Sorry about that. That is one of my favorite parts of the game day experience. Walking out of the stadium being serenaded by the Argonotes.

shayman
09-16-2016, 10:02 AM
Sorry about that. That is one of my favorite parts of the game day experience. Walking out of the stadium being serenaded by the Argonotes.

thanks! One of our favourite parts too. We're still struggling to figure out the optimal game day routine at BMO, but this tradition from years past will continue for sure.

paulwoods13
09-16-2016, 10:31 AM

They'd likely have to be held outside the stadium so the grass is not disturbed by tractors, stages etc. It will be interesting to see how the league stages the Grey Cup halftime show -- I imagine the stage will be set up on the artificial turf end zones and we won't see tons of people watching the band from field level as we usually do.

AngeloV
09-16-2016, 10:36 AM
In the comments section I suggested lowering the amount of pricing points on tickets. Having 11 different pricing points can be confusing to new fans. As I mentioned in another thread, simpler is better. They should have no more than 5 or 6 pricing points.

Neely2005
09-16-2016, 10:57 AM
We picked Sunday at 4 PM. Mentioned having the Tailgates open earlier.

Mightygoose
09-16-2016, 11:13 AM

Curious, what other times were time options when picking Sunday?

I take it no one picked mid-week!

Neely2005
09-16-2016, 11:18 AM
curious, what other times were time options when picking sunday?

i take it no one picked mid-week!

1 pm
4 pm
7 pm
8 pm

doubleblue
09-16-2016, 11:37 AM
I think week end evenings until the Leafs start, then go afternoons. Don't want to go up against HNIC.

AngeloV
09-16-2016, 11:48 AM
I think week end evenings until the Leafs start, then go afternoons. Don't want to go up against HNIC.

Agreed, but the way it was structured, you couldn't pick multiple times, which is why I went for 4pm

Tobythor
09-16-2016, 02:53 PM
I picked Saturday at 4pm. Commented that my casual fan friends are only interested in weekend games, especially since their interested in tailgatting as well. Trekking to BMO on a work night is not fun.

Downtownfan
09-16-2016, 03:43 PM
I put Saturdays at 4 too, though I really do like Friday night games. I was so disappointed in the turnout on our only Friday night game this year, and really thought that there would be a bigger crowd. I also included some comments about having more history of the club in and around the stadium, and more signage. I told them that I appreciate the owners patience, as it will take some time to rebuild-- more so than many of us thought at the beginning of "Year One."

argotom
09-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Saturday at 4 pm.
Same day and time for all games, although in reality unlikely but wouldn't that be something for those band wagon jumpers?

Jayahre
09-16-2016, 04:55 PM
I picked Saturday at 4pm. Commented that my casual fan friends are only interested in weekend games, especially since their interested in tailgatting as well. Trekking to BMO on a work night is not fun.

7PM would be better on a Saturday especially in the summer and the Jays are usually playing at 1PM. Probably not many Jays fans would go to an Argo game afterwards but if they do it gives them enough time.

ArgoGabe22
09-16-2016, 06:45 PM

It's not a big issue for me personally but does anyone care about the lack of halftime entertainment since moving to BMO. The half time "grounds crew walk" is often the butt of many jokes online. Just curious if anyone wanted something more at the half like in the past.

AngeloV
09-16-2016, 06:56 PM
It's not a big issue for me personally but does anyone care about the lack of halftime entertainment since moving to BMO. The half time "grounds crew walk" is often the butt of many jokes online. Just curious if anyone wanted something more at the half like in the past.

LOL..I hadn't even noticed that.

Golden Fleece
09-16-2016, 08:37 PM
I selected:

Saturdays
4PM
Balanced throughout the season I picked this too before reading it here. I want a chance to hit a bar after the game in Liberty Village and still catch a train home without rushing. Afternoon in the Shipyard seems healthier than crushing $4 beers at 11AM.

moeajram
09-16-2016, 10:11 PM
I picked Saturday at 4pm also.
I have also suggest to look at the pricing of the tickets as I believe they are still too high for the CFL market in Toronto.

argofan81
09-16-2016, 10:52 PM
I too picked Saturday at 4pm.

I used the opportunity to share my thoughts that the Argos need to offer more incentives to season ticket holders. I realize that my opinion on this is in the minority around here but I truly believe that in the Toronto market with so many things to do & other teams to compete with, you have to give people a benefit to shelling out hundreds of dollars to attend football games all season long. All other Toronto teams (jays, fc, raptors, Marlies and leafs (not 100% sure on the leafs)) offer season ticket holder benefits. Also, all other CFL teams offer benefits.

This year, the only benefit I saw as a season ticket holder was a small discount on ticket prices that amounts to a free playoff ticket (if we even host a home playoff game).

Ideas that I mentioned (amongst others) included: merchandise discounts, single game ticket discounts, parking discounts, exclusive season ticket holder events such as town halls and player meet & greets, a ticket exchange program for games that you can't attend, a more flexible ticket payment plan (I.e. 3 or more payments vs. 2), a small exclusive season ticket holder thank you gift, etc.

AngeloV
09-17-2016, 12:38 AM

I used the opportunity to share my thoughts that the Argos need to offer more incentives to season ticket holders. I realize that my opinion on this is in the minority around here but I truly believe that in the Toronto market with so many things to do & other teams to compete with, you have to give people a benefit to shelling out hundreds of dollars to attend football games all season long. All other Toronto teams (jays, fc, raptors, Marlies and leafs (not 100% sure on the leafs)) offer season ticket holder benefits. Also, all other CFL teams offer benefits.

This year, the only benefit I saw as a season ticket holder was a small discount on ticket prices that amounts to a free playoff ticket (if we even host a home playoff game).

Ideas that I mentioned (amongst others) included: merchandise discounts, single game ticket discounts, parking discounts, exclusive season ticket holder events such as town halls and player meet & greets, a ticket exchange program for games that you can't attend, a more flexible ticket payment plan (I.e. 3 or more payments vs. 2), a small exclusive season ticket holder thank you gift, etc.

All great suggestions.

Argo57
09-17-2016, 07:33 AM
Sunday at 1:00pm for me.
I also suggested in year 1 and 2 at BMO they should have priced their seats much more modestly, first you have to attract more fans back to the stadium and build the atmosphere everyone wants then you can incrementally increase your ticket prices.

PullTogether73
09-17-2016, 08:27 AM

Couldn't care less about halftime entertainment personally, but I go to a football game to actually watch a football game, not to be distracted with anything but the football game.

Where online are there jokes about the lack of halftime entertainment?

paulwoods13
09-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Couldn't care less about halftime entertainment personally, but I go to a football game to actually watch a football game, not to be distracted with anything but the football game.

Where online are there jokes about the lack of halftime entertainment?

Someone posts a picture of the halftime "entertainment" -- a guy with a stick -- on Twitter during every game.

AngeloV
09-17-2016, 11:21 AM
Someone posts a picture of the halftime "entertainment" -- a guy with a stick -- on Twitter during every game.

Now THAT is funny.

ArgoGabe22
09-17-2016, 11:28 AM
Now THAT is funny.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Best half time show continues....the replacing of the divots. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a> <a href="https://t.co/B4jja38hRE">pic.twitter.com/B4jja38hRE</a></p>&mdash; Spitzka (@Spitzka) <a href="https://twitter.com/Spitzka/status/771150054966964225">September 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">YES! Divot Guy is back! What a half time show. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a> <a href="https://t.co/tQNvtWxzJI">pic.twitter.com/tQNvtWxzJI</a></p>&mdash; Spitzka (@Spitzka) <a href="https://twitter.com/Spitzka/status/757742291457024001">July 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wow it&#39;s the all green dance team for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> half-time show. Rock on grass people. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a> <a href="https://t.co/Ay6CrfwKq7">pic.twitter.com/Ay6CrfwKq7</a></p>&mdash; Spitzka (@Spitzka) <a href="https://twitter.com/Spitzka/status/753394413947097088">July 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

PullTogether73
09-17-2016, 12:16 PM
Has anyone been smart enough to ask this guy what he wants to see in a halftime show?
I'll guess that he used to whine about no tailgating before and now needs something else to get attention.

ArgoGabe22
09-17-2016, 12:28 PM
Has anyone been smart enough to ask this guy what he wants to see in a halftime show?
I'll guess that he used to whine about no tailgating before and now needs something else to get attention.

No, he's nothing like that. He's a good guy, just pointing something out in a humorous way.

PullTogether73
09-17-2016, 12:34 PM
No, he's nothing like that. He's a good guy, just pointing something out in a humorous way.

Okay.
So he's just injecting some humour into the game?
That's cool. I can appreciate that.

I was under the impression he was a whiner.

ArgoRavi
09-17-2016, 01:09 PM
There are likely concerns about halftime shows doing damage to the natural grass. If that were to happen, there would be hell to pay.

ArgoFan1
09-17-2016, 01:17 PM
It looks like most of us here are agreed on Saturdays. I think I picked 4pm as well. 1pm is just too early for tailgating, in my opinion. (But then, I have yet to tailgate there as I park in Liberty Village for $5) My comment was on ticket pricing. I am okay to pay what I pay, but mentioned that when you are having a hard time selling anything, the obvious thing to do is to reduce the price. That's the way it works in retail. I like the other poster's comment about the crazy number of different price points. All the seats at BMO have a great view, so I'd say break it up into five price zones. Priciest between the 20 yards lines lower bowl, then same area in upper bowl. Cheaper at the ends of upper and lower bowls and then one price for the end zone. I know they have those field level seats as well, and could add another zone, but for the life of me, I don't know why anyone would want to sit on the field.
I think they should have allowed for first and second picks in the survey.
Although weeknights are not a problem for me, or were they ever, as I enjoy a midweek night out, I don't understand why the CFL has to schedule games on any Tuesday or Wednesday. Mondays should be reserved only for holidays.

ArgoZ
09-17-2016, 01:57 PM
There are likely concerns about halftime shows doing damage to the natural grass. If that were to happen, there would be hell to pay.

Good point. As of note, the most famous and popular sports team in the world (Manchester United), has a halftime show of grass watering.

They could always put a band/show in the North endzone though.

Neely2005
09-17-2016, 03:42 PM
I picked Saturday at 4pm also.
I have also suggest to look at the pricing of the tickets as I believe they are still too high for the CFL market in Toronto.

You can get sideline tickets for $20 or $199 for a Season Ticket. How much lower do you want them to go?

Neely2005
09-17-2016, 03:45 PM

We mentioned some of these too. I definitely don't feel that Michael Copeland has honoured his pledge to take care of season ticket holders.

moeajram
09-17-2016, 06:28 PM
You can get sideline tickets for $20 or $199 for a Season Ticket. How much lower do you want them to go?
I was talking about all the 200 section where they want 75 dollars a seat. If you notice 20 dollars have no problem selling out.

Argo57
09-17-2016, 06:34 PM
We mentioned some of these too. I definitely don't feel that Michael Copeland has honoured his pledge to take care of season ticket holders.

And it may bite him in the ass heading into season 2 at BMO.
Overvalued their ticket pricing big time and a significant reason ST numbers are what they are.

Neely2005
09-17-2016, 06:40 PM
I was talking about all the 200 section where they want 75 dollars a seat. If you notice 20 dollars have no problem selling out.

There are plenty of empty seats in the $20 sections, especially on the east side.

Mightygoose
09-17-2016, 08:06 PM
I agree with the pricing issue. Not just the pricing but also the disparity of how popular is the west side over the east leading optics making worse than it is.

I really hope they leave the prices alone on the west and south stands plus reduce on the east side significantly. Give the market a chance to rebuild. Don't make the same mistake past ownership did.

Shipyard
09-17-2016, 10:41 PM
You can get sideline tickets for $20 or $199 for a Season Ticket. How much lower do you want them to go?\

at least lower the east side prices by 30-40%.
west side is basically full

Neely2005
09-18-2016, 09:00 AM
\

at least lower the east side prices by 30-40%.
west side is basically full

Sorry I don't agree, I don't think that they should go lower than $20 a ticket for their lowest priced tickets.

Golden Fleece
09-18-2016, 09:25 AM

I find the lack of half time entertainment a nice break. It gives a good chance to go eat, use the washroom, walk around, eat back at your seat, whatever. When I used to go to Raptors games I found the half time entertainment got repetitive after a while.

All good suggestions. There needs to be something that feels like an exclusive benefit. Otherwise, it's too tempting to let go of the season seats and pick and choose games that fit a personal schedule.

AngeloV
09-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Sorry I don't agree, I don't think that they should go lower than $20 a ticket for their lowest priced tickets.

Not a team in the league does that. The only it would happen is if they did like the old days and had a promotion with a supermarket chain or 7/11 for cheap tickets.

Neely2005
09-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Not a team in the league does that. The only it would happen is if they did like the old days and had a promotion with a supermarket chain or 7/11 for cheap tickets.

Yeah I used to buy the Dominion $9.99 Vouchers, but that was 20 years ago and it was my understanding that Dominion was subsidizing the price of those tickets.

I agree that they may need to change the pricing structure but I see no need to go cheaper than $20 / $199 for the lowest priced ticket / season ticket. 11 Games for $199 is a great deal!

AngeloV
09-18-2016, 10:48 AM
Yeah I used to buy the Dominion $9.99 Vouchers, but that was 20 years ago and it was my understanding that Dominion was subsidizing the price of those tickets.

I agree that they may need to change the pricing structure but I see no need to go cheaper than $20 / $199 for the lowest priced ticket / season ticket. 11 Games for $199 is a great deal!

Looking back, I misread your post. I thought that you said they need to go lower than $20. I actually do agree with your original post.

Shipyard
09-18-2016, 11:38 AM

yeah. agree with that. but the $20 seats are only 200 seats. i talking about the other 14000 seats

AngeloV
09-18-2016, 03:14 PM
yeah. agree with that. but the $20 seats are only 200 seats. i talking about the other 14000 seats

IMO, the endzone is way overpriced. Traditionally in football those are the cheapest seats, but not here.

Neely2005
09-18-2016, 04:45 PM
IMO, the endzone is way overpriced. Traditionally in football those are the cheapest seats, but not here.

Agreed, I think that they priced them at a premium because it's the Fan Zone / Rowdy Area.

Gill The Thrill
09-18-2016, 05:21 PM

The Dominion $9.99 vouchers in those tightly squeezed end zone seats were sold for the first couple of seasons in the Cynmamon and Sokolowski era in 2004 and 2005. Both years in which the team was competitive, winning the Grey Cup with an 11-6-1 record in '04 and finishing first with an 11-7 record in '05. So not exactly 20 years ago. I think inflation for sports tickets has been ridiculously higher than the rate of inflation and it's definitely affected attendance for the Argos and the entire CFL for that matter. I think no CFL game should see tickets more than $60 unless they're field level tables or those Cpt Kirk chairs at field level which are meant to be premium.

$20 ticket minimum is not bad, but the incentive to buy seasons is not there with the .5% discount. Season ticket holders should have a minimum of 15% or 20% of single game prices, if not even more, as an incentive to get seasons. I wouldn't count the pre-season game and a non-guaranteed playoff game as a perk for season ticket holders. The playoff game is not guaranteed, and the pre-season game is quite frankly a glorified scrimmage which sees teams dress 70 guys. It's not exactly pro football played at a high level with coaches using mainly vanilla packages used to assess individual skills instead of trying to win the game.

I have a pair of season tickets at a $199 per seat and I'd bet that's one of their most popular season tickets because of the price. It's not full, because let's face it, fans move around when they see a half empty stadium, and to the credit of the Argonaut game day staff, they don't make a big deal of it as the a-holes at the dome used to. Don't you notice that the optics on the East Side look better in the 2nd half when those stands look more fuller. If there were 22,000 SSH, then they'd stay at their seats, but there isn't so fans can afford to walk and look at the game from different angles. I've only been to the 100 level on the east side during the Winnipeg game, because that crowd looked pretty bad, and I wanted to improve the optics for TV. Most times I have moved around the 200 level. Those 200 level east side seats even at the 55 yd line are priced way to high. Yes, you do see the whole field, but you are still quite a ways up.

Gill The Thrill
09-18-2016, 05:33 PM
I selected:

Saturdays
4PM
Balanced throughout the seasonI picked Saturdays also, if I had to choose just one day, but in the comments section I specified 7:30 for the summer games. I think 7 pm is too early, but I could understand why Go Trainers would want 7 pm. The post labour Day games should be afternoon games...4 pm or even 2pm, but not earlier than 1:30...those old enough will remember that as the start times for afternoon games at CNE stadium. Afternoon games in the fall when it gets cooler is excellent, but summer afternoon games in the humidity and sun is downright awful and I have no interest in that.

I prefer more games in the fall, but obviously balanced and not imbalanced with no home games for a month like this season. I also suggest the league should reduce the schedule to 16 games in 18 wks and start the season in early July as 18 per team is just too much for a tough sport like football. I bet doctors would concur with this.

AngeloV
09-18-2016, 06:25 PM
The Dominion $9.99 vouchers in those tightly squeezed end zone seats were sold for the first couple of seasons in the Cynmamon and Sokolowski era in 2004 and 2005.

Wrong. Those years were the 7/11 2 tickets, 2 t-shirts and 2 slurpees for $22.

Gill The Thrill
09-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Wrong. Those years were the 7/11 2 tickets, 2 t-shirts and 2 slurpees for $22.

Dominion was promo sponsor in 2005 for sure. I still have the 2004 Grey Cup champion t-shirts with Damon Allen's signature which was given with those 2 vouchers for $19.99. Dominion Grocery stores became Metro's in 2006 and then it became the 7/11 end zone. I believe the price was raised to $24.99 for 2 vouchers and they only gave you two hand towels with a large 7-11 logo than an Argo logo. Pretty crappy compared to 2 t-shirts which promoted the team with the Dominion promotion.

AngeloV
09-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Dominion was promo sponsor in 2005 for sure. I still have the 2004 Grey Cup champion t-shirts with Damon Allen's signature which was given with those 2 vouchers for $19.99. Dominion Grocery stores became Metro's in 2006 and then it became the 7/11 end zone. I believe the price was raised to $24.99 for 2 vouchers and they only gave you two hand towels with a large 7-11 logo than an Argo logo. Pretty crappy compared to 2 t-shirts which promoted the team with the Dominion promotion.

OK, I stand corrected. Sorry about that.

moeajram
09-18-2016, 08:03 PM
I have season tickets on the side the sun is facing right into you, and with the very hot summer we just had, it was hard to enjoy the game with the sun facing you right in the face the whole time. I know i have sold some of the tickets and the love the view as i am close to to the 25 yard line but they say the sun was way to hot to handle, that's why you might also notice that side of the field empty as a lot of people will get up and move to avoid the sun being in their face.

Argo57
09-18-2016, 08:14 PM
I have season tickets on the side the sun is facing right into you, and with the very hot summer we just had, it was hard to enjoy the game with the sun facing you right in the face the whole time. I know i have sold some of the tickets and the love the view as i am close to to the 25 yard line but they say the sun was way to hot to handle, that's why you might also notice that side of the field empty as a lot of people will get up and move to avoid the sun being in their face.

I was on the east side (207) for 2 games, too hot in the sun, moved to (223) closer to the field and no sun.
Only downside are the Little Tikes designed seats you have to sit on, brutal.

Scooter McCray
09-19-2016, 09:21 AM
I do remember Michael Copeland saying in an interview during the off season that every game would be an event. Other than game one this has not been true. I go for the football but to attract new fans I thought this was the right approach. They need to try and replicate what some other teams are doing and what the 1991 Argos did.

BATKINSON001
09-19-2016, 10:05 AM
I voted for Sat at 4pm and balanced throughout the season. I also would prefer them to give us back all the benefits and discounts we had at rogers centre.
Especially the discounts for buy merch and the discount on our seasons tickets. Endzone seat pricing was double what I paid for my Endzone seats at rogers centre in 2010... and the seats aren't much better!

paulwoods13
09-19-2016, 12:13 PM
I do remember Michael Copeland saying in an interview during the off season that every game would be an event. Other than game one this has not been true. I go for the football but to attract new fans I thought this was the right approach. They need to try and replicate what some other teams are doing and what the 1991 Argos did.

If games need to be "events" to bring back big crowds, I guess I'm fine with that. Personally, the game itself is enough of an event for me, and this year there are added elements like tailgates and the Shipyard for those who want to congregate beforehand. I don't need pre- or post-game concerts or big halftime shows to get me in the building, but if it brings in others and secure's the franchise's future, they should go for it.

mchesher03
09-20-2016, 04:52 PM
similar to others on here i put saturdays 4pm starts with games balanced throughout the season. I've really enjoyed the games this year, maybe my standards are too low after the past few years haha. anyhow think things are headed in the right direction - maybe some more home W's next year? Believe it or not these team could close out the year 4-5 at home. A W vs Calgary seems unlikely, but then again so did one last Sunday vs. Hamilton!

argotom
09-20-2016, 05:33 PM
If games need to be "events" to bring back big crowds, I guess I'm fine with that. Personally, the game itself is enough of an event for me, and this year there are added elements like tailgates and the Shipyard for those who want to congregate beforehand. I don't need pre- or post-game concerts or big halftime shows to get me in the building, but if it brings in others and secure's the franchise's future, they should go for it.

Agreed.
The half time dog shows were pretty good.

jojoheath
09-23-2016, 09:16 AM
I just hope whatever issues that came about this year that they did not expect get ironed out. Maybe they can schedule the Tiger-Cats for every home game....lol

PullTogether73
09-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Maybe they can schedule the Tiger-Cats for every home game....lol

Please, no!
I can barely stand to have Cats fans there for the one or two games each season as it is.:biteme:

Neely2005
10-15-2016, 05:04 PM
I got another survey request in regards to Ticket Prices.

paulwoods13
10-15-2016, 07:38 PM
The new survey implies that they are considering reducing prices. Welcome news if true.

Argos1983
10-15-2016, 07:52 PM
^ Got the same ticket prices survey along with questions about bringing kids or groups. I'm sorry but the concept of a family pack of four tickets (2 adults and 2 kids?) for $40 in the family zone (or something like that which I am just coming up with of the top of my head), is now only being thought about? This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts ---- They honestly thought that going to BMO would instantly bring back people to a brand that has basically been decimated among anyone under the age of 35 or so. How are you going to get the next generation of CFL fans if you don't make it cost efficient for families to go to a game and see your product.....then we can get into actually giving them a product that is worth watching (a whole other story!).

I don't know about others, but I feel like a bit of a fool for buying ST this year when you could go to almost every game for basically free --- I even doubled down on my stupidity and bought GC tickets because I want to support this league --- I imagine an all-west GC ought to do wonders for my $300+ tickets which should be worth about $50 or so by the time the game rolls around and people are getting in for 1/3 (or less) than what I paid, should make me feel like a fool one last time to end the season.....

Is there anyone who is honestly going to get additional tickets (ie. more than what they bought this year) after this year? What new customers are they going to get after this debacle? --- all I see happening is people who bought extra seats based on the move to BMO, that will be dropping some portion of them, or people who bought expensive tickets will be buying cheaper ones as you can sit where you want to at almost every game, or people just dropping their ST altogether.....

Would a discount in ticket prices of 10% or less really change anyone's mind who was thinking of dropping their seats?

Sorry for the rant but this season had so much promise going into it that it's hard to fathom that they could screw it up both on and off the field as much as they did......I guess I shouldn't have underestimated this franchise's ability to disappoint most of the time (I've only been following it for the last 40 or so years)....save for once ever 8 years or so in the last 20 years....I guess the 90s were really the glory years of this team (I loved '83 too!) since before many of us were even born.....the scary part for me is that the 90s teams are going to be the era that is forgotten as being before most young people were born and have no recollection of Clemons, Dunigan, Rocket and Flutie any more than many of us do of the 40s/50s Argos......or this might just be a mid-life Argos crisis..... ;)

ArgoGabe22
10-15-2016, 09:30 PM
How can someone get 9 games for free? I believe only the Eskimos game included free tickets, and that was only if a season ticket holder requested them.

BATKINSON001
10-15-2016, 09:37 PM
^ Got the same ticket prices survey along with questions about bringing kids or groups. I'm sorry but the concept of a family pack of four tickets (2 adults and 2 kids?) for $40 in the family zone (or something like that which I am just coming up with of the top of my head), is now only being thought about? This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts ---- They honestly thought that going to BMO would instantly bring back people to a brand that has basically been decimated among anyone under the age of 35 or so. How are you going to get the next generation of CFL fans if you don't make it cost efficient for families to go to a game and see your product.....then we can get into actually giving them a product that is worth watching (a whole other story!).

I don't know about others, but I feel like a bit of a fool for buying ST this year when you could go to almost every game for basically free --- I even doubled down on my stupidity and bought GC tickets because I want to support this league --- I imagine an all-west GC ought to do wonders for my $300+ tickets which should be worth about $50 or so by the time the game rolls around and people are getting in for 1/3 (or less) than what I paid, should make me feel like a fool one last time to end the season.....

Is there anyone who is honestly going to get additional tickets (ie. more than what they bought this year) after this year? What new customers are they going to get after this debacle? --- all I see happening is people who bought extra seats based on the move to BMO, that will be dropping some portion of them, or people who bought expensive tickets will be buying cheaper ones as you can sit where you want to at almost every game, or people just dropping their ST altogether.....

Would a discount in ticket prices of 10% or less really change anyone's mind who was thinking of dropping their seats?

Sorry for the rant but this season had so much promise going into it that it's hard to fathom that they could screw it up both on and off the field as much as they did......I guess I shouldn't have underestimated this franchise's ability to disappoint most of the time (I've only been following it for the last 40 or so years)....save for once ever 8 years or so in the last 20 years....I guess the 90s were really the glory years of this team (I loved '83 too!) since before many of us were even born.....the scary part for me is that the 90s teams are going to be the era that is forgotten as being before most young people were born and have no recollection of Clemons, Dunigan, Rocket and Flutie any more than many of us do of the 40s/50s Argos......or this might just be a mid-life Argos crisis..... ;). I too feel like a fool, and as such depending on what happens with the off season, whether staff get fired (which I want), barker wakes up and builds the team properly, willy doesn't get renewed (his contract goes massive after this season) etc I will be or won't be renewing next year. I am choosing to wait until I get my tax refund... Before I decide.

Neely2005
10-15-2016, 09:58 PM
How can someone get 9 games for free? I believe only the Eskimos game included free tickets, and that was only if a season ticket holder requested them.

Argos All Access members, not season ticket holders.

R.J
10-15-2016, 10:05 PM
I was very happy to receive and complete this survey. It seems as though the ownership & leadership group are maybe seeing that some mistakes were made in terms of ticket prices. I put down some of my thoughts about what I thought the price points should be and that IMO there should be no more than 8 options (including the premium sideline seats), they have to keep it simple. I also think the family zone is too expansive for families.

Will
10-15-2016, 10:12 PM
I just completed the survey. The lower ticket prices is a no-brainer for me. Management worked from the false pretense that all things were equal with the Argos in this marketplace.

1971GreyCup
10-15-2016, 10:26 PM
There seemed to be a real disincentive to go for Season Tickets this year. They added a play off ticket to be paid for and jacked the Grey Cup prices up. After shelling out $3,000 for a pair of season tickets and $2,000 for Grey Cup tickets I have to think that next year we'll do a flex pack. Very disappointing after such high hopes.

Argo57
10-15-2016, 10:55 PM
I just completed the survey. The lower ticket prices is a no-brainer for me. Management worked from the false pretense that all things were equal with the Argos in this marketplace.

Yes sir, a major blunder by this ownership group.
The overall sentiment of many of these posts doesn't bode well for renewals in 2017, the Argonaut ownership has no one to blame but themselves

Will
10-15-2016, 10:58 PM
Yes sir, a major blunder by this ownership group.
The overall sentiment of many of these posts doesn't bode well for renewals in 2017, the Argonaut ownership has no one to blame but themselves

They do not have to worry about me, after all, what example would I be setting?
But, yes restlessness from others on here.

Mightygoose
10-15-2016, 11:01 PM
They're going have to go after marketshare next year and reducing the pricing and adding real perks is the only way to go.

Big question standing out was weighing paying the same for the same price or keeping the same seats and pay less. I wonder if they're going to offer this only to exsisting season ticket holders or are they going to adjust the pricing across the board. I'm hoping the later but give existing customers the first dibs.

Does the free upgrade mean one colour (Gold A to Platinum A) or purley one category (Gold A to Platinum B).? Hoping the previous, otherwise we'll take the reduction. We're planning renewing but said 'maybe' just to be mean.

So question for those currently sitting on the 'no' side for renewal.

What would it take to put you on the 'yes' side. Price reduction? Complementary upgrade? Balalnced schedule? Perks comperable to other teams? Gassing Milo, Barker etc..? Combination of the above?

Surely everone has a price lol...

Argos1983
10-15-2016, 11:12 PM
Anyone have the pricing chart that indicates what the charge was for the playoff tickets for each price point (obviously refunds will be issued accordingly) --- I remember seeing a graphic that had the price breakdown laid out from the pre-season, reguar season and playoff game.

I also agree with others that some of the price point distinctions made no sense whatsoever --- like in my section (220) you can have a different price for seat 16 in a row as opposed to seat 17 in the same row (this is assinine) - gee I wonder if everyone bought up to seat 16 in each of those rows, sometimes there was a two price level jump based on one row down and one seat over.....again, just silliness.....

BATKINSON001
10-15-2016, 11:41 PM
There seemed to be a real disincentive to go for Season Tickets this year. They added a play off ticket to be paid for and jacked the Grey Cup prices up. After shelling out $3,000 for a pair of season tickets and $2,000 for Grey Cup tickets I have to think that next year we'll do a flex pack. Very disappointing after such high hopes. speaking of that playoff ticket... Will we get a refund for it?

Will
10-15-2016, 11:43 PM
speaking of that playoff ticket... Will we get a refund for it?

Well one would theoretically want to be reimbursed for services not rendered.

R.J
10-16-2016, 01:06 AM
Anyone have the pricing chart that indicates what the charge was for the playoff tickets for each price point (obviously refunds will be issued accordingly) --- I remember seeing a graphic that had the price breakdown laid out from the pre-season, reguar season and playoff game.

I also agree with others that some of the price point distinctions made no sense whatsoever --- like in my section (220) you can have a different price for seat 16 in a row as opposed to seat 17 in the same row (this is assinine) - gee I wonder if everyone bought up to seat 16 in each of those rows, sometimes there was a two price level jump based on one row down and one seat over.....again, just silliness.....
http://cfl.wp.uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2016/01/29204707/Ticket-Grid-REVISED.jpg

Tobythor
10-16-2016, 01:10 AM
I told them I was insulted by their Grey Cup ticket pricing and that I want a formal apology from the organization before I would even consider Season tickets for next year. I suggested that they offer something to their season ticket holders to try to make it up to them, such as free passes to some of the Grey Cup events.

Argos1983
10-16-2016, 02:57 AM
^^Thanks for the chart!

1971GreyCup
10-16-2016, 07:36 AM
speaking of that playoff ticket... Will we get a refund for it?

Like many things, silent on that one.

Scooter McCray
10-16-2016, 08:30 AM
There seemed to be a real disincentive to go for Season Tickets this year. They added a play off ticket to be paid for and jacked the Grey Cup prices up. After shelling out $3,000 for a pair of season tickets and $2,000 for Grey Cup tickets I have to think that next year we'll do a flex pack. Very disappointing after such high hopes.This type of pricing put upon a fanbase that had been treated so poorly the last season was hard to understand. I did not buy GC tickets because of the price. I put in a request to volunteer at GC events in July and have not had any response back from the team. I have been a ST holder since 1982. I will be doing flex packs next year. The ownership took their arrogant MLSE attitude on pricing and applied it to the Argos. That was a major miscalculation that a fanbase existed.

1971GreyCup
10-16-2016, 08:38 AM
This type of pricing put upon a fanbase that had been treated so poorly the last season was hard to understand. I did not buy GC tickets because of the price. I put in a request to volunteer at GC events in July and have not had any response back from the team. I have been a ST holder since 1982. I will be doing flex packs next year. The ownership took their arrogant MLSE attitude on pricing and applied it to the Argos. That was a major miscalculation that a fanbase existed.

Agreed! Silence seems to be the MO of the upper tier. At least a no comment, or management is 100% behind the GM would be something. Maybe no one is asking the questions anymore on this franchise.

So many people bought into the Argos this season. Opportunity lost.

PullTogether73
10-16-2016, 08:57 AM
It's amazing what a change in expectations does for one's outlook or actions.

A few games back, I railed about the Argos crappy on-field performance, and indicated I may drop down from my season seat to a flex pack, or even single game tickets. This was at a time when I still thought that the Argos had a chance at the playoffs.

Since I gave up on the playoffs after the Montreal game and have expected the Argos to lose the rest of their games this season, I have become comfortable with renewing my season seat, and hope for brighter days next year.

Ron
10-16-2016, 08:58 AM
Like many things, silent on that one.

They are not eliminated yet. Why would they mention refunds now?

Neely2005
10-16-2016, 11:00 AM

I understand what you're saying but the prices have to change somewhere. That's always going to be the case.

Look at the ACC is the last row of the Platinums really that much better than the first row of the Golds?

Jayahre
10-16-2016, 11:41 AM
I voted for Sat at 4pm and balanced throughout the season. I also would prefer them to give us back all the benefits and discounts we had at rogers centre.
Especially the discounts for buy merch and the discount on our seasons tickets. Endzone seat pricing was double what I paid for my Endzone seats at rogers centre in 2010... and the seats aren't much better!

I noticed that the TFC schedule all of their games at 7PM, they have Jays fans that go to TFC games too. At least you can go from the RC to BMO and stop off for something to eat on the way. Also the sun on the East stands would be there for most of the games starting at 4PM in the summer.
The CFL & TSN rely on the Friday night games so some teams must play on Friday nights, they also want to make Thursday night football in the summer an event. The Argos couldn't be expected to have all of their games on Saturday.

Argos1983
10-16-2016, 12:32 PM
^^ I agree but this is still way more complicated than it has to be ---- turn the upper decks into a top and bottom type of division - let's say rows 1-15 and rows 16+ --- yes this will still have an arbitrary line but at least its not 5 arbitrary lines. The Leafs can get away with these lines much more easily --- A green is rows 1-11 and a purple is rows 12-18 ---- the reason no one complains about the row 11 Green is that there are no Purples to move to, the seats are sold so they are happy with what they have even if it costs twice the price. Now imagine I looked behind my Row 11 Green and saw 7 empty rows, why would I stay where I was and pay more, and the guy beside me in row 11 paid less than I did too....well now I'm just the fool.....when the Argos have the same demand for their tickets than they can make lots of arbitrary lines to try to get every last nickle that they can out of the seats in section 220 for example --- until then make it as easy as possible for people to buy tickets at a reasonable price --- how about the corners are $10 and $20 in those sections and the middle sections are $15 vs. $25 --- there will always be price divisions, but at this point less is more --- the Leafs don't charge more for a Centre Ice Green in Row 1 then a corner Green in Row 11, and believe me they could do it as the demand is there, why the heck are the Argos doing it then?!.....the Argos will be lucky to have 5000 STH next year, they will literally be adding almost none (who would become a NEW STH now?) and will be desperately trying to hold on to what they have ---- They need to do what TFC did when they tanked, cut prices exponentially - mine went down about 50% and only went back up incrementally as the team improved and hence I stayed as a STH.......let's be honest the average STH is probably over 40 and remembers when this league meant something in this town --- it doesn't mean anything to 95% of the population right now (and sure as heck means almost nothing to someone born in the 90s or later) and save for the 1991 buzz of Hollywood North and 2012 on GC weekend, this city does not get behind this product --- even 1996-97 with two all-time teams, they were greeted with a collective yawn at the box office --- that is a severely damaged brand/product --- getting young people into this is going to be really hard, "if it isn't hip/cool, why should I go?" as outside of the Leafs (it is what is is) we are a fickle town in terms of our entertainment dollars..... look at the Jays, selling since last August when there was a buzz, not so much for the 20 years before then --- it used to be what I like to call "choose your own section night" most of the time.....they need to get families in that building (4 for $40 in the family section?)m and cut prices exponentially or the entire middle class seats will go --- you will sell high end seats for the corporate types or those who like the extra amenities; and the bottom price point for those who want in as cheaply as possible; there will be big gaps between the 40 yard lines and the goal-lines -- a similar thing happened with TFC, they sold the Club seats and Dark Reds (mid field) and then the Yellows and Light Grays (corners and supporters seats) and the middle was a vast wasteland - that is what is awaiting this team next season.....

Time for the management to wake up and realize that outside of a very very small and aging fanbase this thing is sinking fast....the GC pricing was a just the last insult on top of the sundae this year ----- it really just showed how clueless they are -- without an Ottawa (or Hamilton - I'm sorry) GC appearance this year, that thing will be a bust and there will be little to no buzz (outside of the traveling few) for what is supposed to be the marquee event of this league --- EDM v CAL should make me feel awesome when tickets are being given away and I paid $300+......and they want me to buy ST again for what reason? perks? price? product? --- yikes!

Neely2005
10-16-2016, 12:34 PM
I noticed that the TFC schedule all of their games at 7PM, they have Jays fans that go to TFC games too. At least you can go from the RC to BMO and stop off for something to eat on the way. Also the sun on the East stands would be there for most of the games starting at 4PM in the summer.
The CFL & TSN rely on the Friday night games so some teams must play on Friday nights, they also want to make Thursday night football in the summer an event. The Argos couldn't be expected to have all of their games on Saturday.

2 of our 9 home games were on Saturdays.

AngeloV
10-16-2016, 12:36 PM
It's amazing what a change in expectations does for one's outlook or actions.

A few games back, I railed about the Argos crappy on-field performance, and indicated I may drop down from my season seat to a flex pack, or even single game tickets. This was at a time when I still thought that the Argos had a chance at the playoffs.

Since I gave up on the playoffs after the Montreal game and have expected the Argos to lose the rest of their games this season, I have become comfortable with renewing my season seat, and hope for brighter days next year.

Such is life in the roller coaster of pro sports teams.

PullTogether73
10-16-2016, 12:56 PM
^^ I agree but this is still way more complicated than it has to be ---- turn the upper decks into a top and bottom type of division - let's say rows 1-15 and rows 16+ --- yes this will still have an arbitrary line but at least its not 5 arbitrary lines. The Leafs can get away with these lines much more easily --- A green is rows 1-11 and a purple is rows 12-18 ---- the reason no one complains about the row 11 Green is that there are no Purples to move to, the seats are sold so they are happy with what they have even if it costs twice the price. Now imagine I looked behind my Row 11 Green and saw 7 empty rows, why would I stay where I was and pay more, and the guy beside me in row 11 paid less than I did too....well now I'm just the fool.....when the Argos have the same demand for their tickets than they can make lots of arbitrary lines to try to get every last nickle that they can out of the seats in section 220 for example --- until then make it as easy as possible for people to buy tickets at a reasonable price --- how about the corners are $10 and $20 in those sections and the middle sections are $15 vs. $25 --- there will always be price divisions, but at this point less is more --- the Leafs don't charge more for a Centre Ice Green in Row 1 then a corner Green in Row 11, and believe me they could do it as the demand is there, why the heck are the Argos doing it then?!.....the Argos will be lucky to have 5000 STH next year, they will literally be adding almost none (who would become a NEW STH now?) and will be desperately trying to hold on to what they have ---- They need to do what TFC did when they tanked, cut prices exponentially - mine went down about 50% and only went back up incrementally as the team improved and hence I stayed as a STH.......let's be honest the average STH is probably over 40 and remembers when this league meant something in this town --- it doesn't mean anything to 95% of the population right now (and sure as heck means almost nothing to someone born in the 90s or later) and save for the 1991 buzz of Hollywood North and 2012 on GC weekend, this city does not get behind this product --- even 1996-97 with two all-time teams, they were greeted with a collective yawn at the box office --- that is a severely damaged brand/product --- getting young people into this is going to be really hard, "if it isn't hip/cool, why should I go?" as outside of the Leafs (it is what is is) we are a fickle town in terms of our entertainment dollars..... look at the Jays, selling since last August when there was a buzz, not so much for the 20 years before then --- it used to be what I like to call "choose your own section night" most of the time.....they need to get families in that building (4 for $40 in the family section?)m and cut prices exponentially or the entire middle class seats will go --- you will sell high end seats for the corporate types or those who like the extra amenities; and the bottom price point for those who want in as cheaply as possible; there will be big gaps between the 40 yard lines and the goal-lines -- a similar thing happened with TFC, they sold the Club seats and Dark Reds (mid field) and then the Yellows and Light Grays (corners and supporters seats) and the middle was a vast wasteland - that is what is awaiting this team next season.....

Time for the management to wake up and realize that outside of a very very small and aging fanbase this thing is sinking fast....the GC pricing was a just the last insult on top of the sundae this year ----- it really just showed how clueless they are -- without an Ottawa (or Hamilton - I'm sorry) GC appearance this year, that thing will be a bust and there will be little to no buzz (outside of the traveling few) for what is supposed to be the marquee event of this league --- EDM v CAL should make me feel awesome when tickets are being given away and I paid $300+......and they want me to buy ST again for what reason? perks? price? product? --- yikes!

I would have trimmed this quote down, but it is absolutely massive and I'm not as dedicated as the author.

Anyway...I have never (and still don't) understand why the Grey Cup has to be east/west ever since the league moved to an interlocking schedule decades ago.
Shouldn't the championship game be played by the two best teams in the league (ideally - no guarantee of course)?
The idea of rewarding a crappy team with a championship game spot because it was the best of the worst along some geographic divide is abhorrent imo.

Btw, please don't use that ancient cop out of "It is tradition."
If the league goes back to a non-interlocking schedule, I will accept the "tradition" excuse.

And as for the lament about fans in the east would have no interest in an all-west Grey Cup game, maybe the east should stop trotting out crappy teams that can't compete with the western teams. I have NEVER heard of the possibility of an all-east Grey Cup in the decades in which I have watched CFL football. Try improving your team versus the rest of the league if you want a chance at the Grey Cup, not better than one crappy team in the east.

ArgoGabe22
10-16-2016, 12:56 PM
I know the average age of Argos fans tend to be a lot older but I have been around the Shipyard and saw many fans around the 25-35 age range. So it's not like the BMO crowd is THAT old. I would even say just based on my observation that it looks younger than the last Rogers Centre crowd.

Ron
10-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Be surprised if they lower ticket prices. They are just a couple thousand away from beak even. As they build the brand and the product improves they will sell tickets at the current price levels.

As to the long term viability of the team. They are secure. The owners have taken far far greater losses with TFC than they'll ever take with the Argos and they are nowhere near bailing on TFC.

Argos1983
10-16-2016, 02:39 PM
Sorry for the long rant earlier --- in response to the idea that we should have a GC of the two best teams and not an East v West "arbitrary" division. I don't disagree, but unfortunately in the Toronto market a GC with no "local teams" or Saskatchewan (not an option this year but the one "national" type of team in this league in my opinion), Toronto will not care about a Wpg/Edm/Calgary/BC Grey Cup contest -- the last time that happened in 1992 it was so bad they were giving tickets away -- I know as I had extras and gave them away as no one wanted to go to a Flutie led Calgary vs Wpg Grey Cup in Toronto....that 1992 game was one of the reasons the GC didn't come back to Toronto for about 15 years. I am a fan of this league, I already spent my money on the GC and have traveled to them too, but to get the "casual" fan to buy into this game in Toronto, local flavour is necessary. As for those that say "screw" the casual fan - please remember what it was like going to Jays games for about 20 years until the casual fan got interested again last August --- who knows? maybe a few casuals will stick around?!

As an aside -- anyone looking to (cough cough) secondary markets for ALCS tickets can see how much the "cool factor" affects prices in this town....Games 4 and 5 are plummeting (Game 3 has gone down too) once the Jays went down 2-0 that was it, bandwagon is metaphorically emptying, two losses and the market crashes....Can't even get $120 (face value) for my upper deck seats (I'm using them but that's not the point of the example) -- meanwhile the Leafs were selling purples for close to $200 to Game 1 of the season, one model doesn't work for both products....watch what happens to Game 4 if they win one game on Monday (PLEASE win on Monday!!)..... ;)

ArgoRavi
10-16-2016, 03:40 PM
Sorry for the long rant earlier --- in response to the idea that we should have a GC of the two best teams and not an East v West "arbitrary" division. I don't disagree, but unfortunately in the Toronto market a GC with no "local teams" or Saskatchewan (not an option this year but the one "national" type of team in this league in my opinion), Toronto will not care about a Wpg/Edm/Calgary/BC Grey Cup contest -- the last time that happened in 1992 it was so bad they were giving tickets away -- I know as I had extras and gave them away as no one wanted to go to a Flutie led Calgary vs Wpg Grey Cup in Toronto....that 1992 game was one of the reasons the GC didn't come back to Toronto for about 15 years. I am a fan of this league, I already spent my money on the GC and have traveled to them too, but to get the "casual" fan to buy into this game in Toronto, local flavour is necessary. As for those that say "screw" the casual fan - please remember what it was like going to Jays games for about 20 years until the casual fan got interested again last August --- who knows? maybe a few casuals will stick around?!

I don't see a West vs. West Grey Cup happening. The most likely crossover team is Edmonton and they are 0-3 against the RedBlacks and Ticats this season although all three games have been close losses. If I had to wager who will be in the Grey Cup game, it will be Ottawa and Calgary before a full house at BMO. I certainly understand your concerns however.

doubleblue
10-16-2016, 05:45 PM
I don't see a West vs. West Grey Cup happening. The most likely crossover team is Edmonton and they are 0-3 against the RedBlacks and Ticats this season although all three games have been close losses. If I had to wager who will be in the Grey Cup game, it will be Ottawa and Calgary before a full house at BMO. I certainly understand your concerns however.

I think Ottawa or Hamilton have a chance of beating BC. However, if its Edmonton crossing over I'm not so sure.

R.J
10-16-2016, 07:48 PM
For anyone interested here's the ticket prices points that I brought up for the survey. I wanted 6-7 max, but the club and sideline seats screwed that up.

On Field A: $1,500 for Seasons and $185 for Single game
On Field B: $1,200 for Seasons and $150 for Single game
Club : $800 for Seasons and $100 for Single game
Platinum: $650 for Seasons and $85 for Single game
Gold: $500 for Seasons and $75 for Single game
Silver: $350 for Seasons and $50 for Single game
Fanzone/Endzone : $250 and $30-35 for single game
Light Blue: keep as is for $199 Seasons and $25 for single game.
All Prices should include a $5-10 (depending on seat) discount for children under 12.

Fan Since 70
10-16-2016, 08:20 PM
I know the average age of Argos fans tend to be a lot older but I have been around the Shipyard and saw many fans around the 25-35 age range. So it's not like the BMO crowd is THAT old. I would even say just based on my observation that it looks younger than the last Rogers Centre crowd.

I would agree that the Shipyard gives the impression of more young people than I saw at Rogers Centre. It is still interesting though that the franchise struggles to make greater inroads into the 20 to 35 year old demographic. Still seems like this group does not feel an Argo game is the place to be.

Neely2005
10-16-2016, 09:05 PM
I would have trimmed this quote down, but it is absolutely massive and I'm not as dedicated as the author.

Anyway...I have never (and still don't) understand why the Grey Cup has to be east/west ever since the league moved to an interlocking schedule decades ago.
Shouldn't the championship game be played by the two best teams in the league (ideally - no guarantee of course)?
The idea of rewarding a crappy team with a championship game spot because it was the best of the worst along some geographic divide is abhorrent imo.

Btw, please don't use that ancient cop out of "It is tradition."
If the league goes back to a non-interlocking schedule, I will accept the "tradition" excuse.

And as for the lament about fans in the east would have no interest in an all-west Grey Cup game, maybe the east should stop trotting out crappy teams that can't compete with the western teams. I have NEVER heard of the possibility of an all-east Grey Cup in the decades in which I have watched CFL football. Try improving your team versus the rest of the league if you want a chance at the Grey Cup, not better than one crappy team in the east.

It's for TV and attendance reasons. The NHL, NBA and NFL do it too.

BATKINSON001
10-16-2016, 09:57 PM
I would agree that the Shipyard gives the impression of more young people than I saw at Rogers Centre. It is still interesting though that the franchise struggles to make greater inroads into the 20 to 35 year old demographic. Still seems like this group does not feel an Argo game is the place to be.that age group is where the vast majority of bandwagon fans come from. Right now they're all with the Jay's.

Golden Fleece
10-16-2016, 10:16 PM
I know the average age of Argos fans tend to be a lot older but I have been around the Shipyard and saw many fans around the 25-35 age range. So it's not like the BMO crowd is THAT old. I would even say just based on my observation that it looks younger than the last Rogers Centre crowd. There were more 25-35's in my section than I've seen all year. They drank a lot of beer, looked at their phones, and made no noise. Didn't look like they were having a good time. I wouldn't either if I sat on my hands like they did. Being a fan at a football game requires a person to put something into it if they want to enjoy themselves.

ArgoGabe22
10-16-2016, 10:29 PM
There were more 25-35's in my section than I've seen all year. They drank a lot of beer, looked at their phones, and made no noise. Didn't look like they were having a good time. I wouldn't either if I sat on my hands like they did. Being a fan at a football game requires a person to put something into it if they want to enjoy themselves.

I wouldn't pin that just to the 25-35 demographic. My section is full of regulars across every age group and they're all pretty quiet, checking their phones etc. Not a big fan of booing but I must have been the first boo heard before halftime. I thought everyone around me was going to boo but I guess not. I'm definitely an introvert and somewhat join in the cheering (and booing) but I'm not going all out with it and I still enjoy being at every game.

1971GreyCup
10-17-2016, 07:29 AM
I noticed today in TheStar.com that Toronto Maple Leaf's employ a variable pricing model for ST holders. I have seen this in the English Premiership where you pay up for the big teams and get a discount for the rest. Interesting. Boston costs you $200 in the 3rd level, Pittsburgh $170 and Nashville $120.

Neely2005
10-17-2016, 07:59 AM
I noticed today in TheStar.com that Toronto Maple Leaf's employ a variable pricing model for ST holders. I have seen this in the English Premiership where you pay up for the big teams and get a discount for the rest. Interesting. Boston costs you $200 in the 3rd level, Pittsburgh $170 and Nashville $120.

It's not just for Season Ticket holders and the Blue Jays do the same thing. So do the Sabres and I think that the Raptors do too.

Will
10-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Do any NFL teams do it?
Much easier to do it with a larger number of home games no?

mchesher03
10-17-2016, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't pin that just to the 25-35 demographic. My section is full of regulars across every age group and they're all pretty quiet, checking their phones etc. Not a big fan of booing but I must have been the first boo heard before halftime. I thought everyone around me was going to boo but I guess not. I'm definitely an introvert and somewhat join in the cheering (and booing) but I'm not going all out with it and I still enjoy being at every game.

what section is this if you don't mind me asking? i sit in 125 and me (and the others in that section) aren't shy with showing both appreciation and sadly this year, displeasure with the team's fortunes.

Golden Fleece
10-17-2016, 05:36 PM
127. There was a lot of noise behind, above, and beside us, but in the blast circle between my seats and the loud sections it was silent. The quiet area was filled with well dressed 25-35s who looked like they were willing to check things out but weren't going to get involved. I have no doubt there are other loud fans in that age range. Nor do I doubt that there are way more dedicated fans than me who make less noise. My comment was intended to the effect that if one is bored at a sporting event AND is not even trying to engage it will become a self fulfilling prophecy and the spectator won't get much out of it.

ArgoGabe22
10-17-2016, 07:02 PM
what section is this if you don't mind me asking? i sit in 125 and me (and the others in that section) aren't shy with showing both appreciation and sadly this year, displeasure with the team's fortunes.

I'm in 226. It's not bad but it's not hopping either.

Neely2005
01-13-2017, 12:21 PM

We also picked a Summer schedule.

It will be interesting to see this year's schedule.

AngeloV
01-13-2017, 02:16 PM
We also picked a Summer schedule.

It will be interesting to see this year's schedule.

A summer schedule to me is a little to much to ask for. It would mean extended home stands, and road trips. The best thing for the team would be to have a balanced schedule.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 08:29 AM
A summer schedule to me is a little to much to ask for. It would mean extended home stands, and road trips. The best thing for the team would be to have a balanced schedule.

We had it in 2016, just change the days of the week. We prefer to Tailgate and watch a game outdoors on a warm sunny summer day.

AngeloV
01-14-2017, 02:36 PM
We had it in 2016, just change the days of the week. We prefer to Tailgate and watch a game outdoors on a warm sunny summer day.

Yeah, but it's not all about you. Argos need a schedule which gives them the best chance to be competitive. Something they have not had in a very, very long time. They should not be forced to play more than 2 road games in succession, and if they get the schedule you want, they will likely once again get stuck with a bad schedule.

BATKINSON001
01-14-2017, 02:53 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/schedule

Tfc schedule is out.

Argos can't have a home game on sat in june at all... Tfc screws us there

First 2 weeks in july might work for weekend games.

1st and 3rd august weeks, first week of september, maybe the 3rd as well, october is totally doable with only one tfc game.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 03:08 PM
Yeah, but it's not all about you. Argos need a schedule which gives them the best chance to be competitive. Something they have not had in a very, very long time. They should not be forced to play more than 2 road games in succession, and if they get the schedule you want, they will likely once again get stuck with a bad schedule.

Actually the survey is all about me. That's why they sent it to me, to find out what I/we want and we answered accordingly.

IIRC we only had 2+ consecutive road games once last season.

AngeloV
01-14-2017, 03:15 PM
Actually the survey is all about me. That's why they sent it to me, to find out what I/we want and we answered accordingly.

IIRC we only had 2+ consecutive road games once last season.

Really? last 7 games of 2016:

3 straight on the road, followed by 2 home games in 5 days, followed by 2 on the road to finish.

2015 speaks for itself, but the lack of a balanced schedule hurt them badly in the 2nd half of the season, and they went into the playoffs with absolutely no momentum.

paulwoods13
01-14-2017, 03:17 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/schedule

Tfc schedule is out.

Argos can't have a home game on sat in june at all... Tfc screws us there

First 2 weeks in july might work for weekend games.

1st and 3rd august weeks, first week of september, maybe the 3rd as well, october is totally doable with only one tfc game.

The schedule has been out for a few days, and it's already been established that Argos can and likely will have a home preseason game on June 10. They can't play week 1 at home but that in no way amounts to getting screwed by TFC. Four other CFL teams also won't have a home game in week 1.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 03:37 PM

3 straight on the road, followed by 2 home games in 5 days, followed by 2 on the road to finish.

2015 speaks for itself, but the lack of a balanced schedule hurt them badly in the 2nd half of the season, and they went into the playoffs with absolutely no momentum.

So exactly what I said then. Only once did they play 2+ road games in a row.

P.S. They were better on the road than at home last season.

AngeloV
01-14-2017, 03:46 PM
So exactly what I said then. Only once did they play 2+ road games in a row.

P.S. They were better on the road than at home last season.

Don't know what your definition of 2+ is, but most people take it as 2 or more. Which they did 3 times in 2016.

Now had I said >2, you may be on to something.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 03:49 PM
Don't know what your definition of 2+ is, but most people take it as 2 or more. Which they did 3 times in 2016.

Now had I said >2, you may be on to something.

Anything more than 2 is 2+.

paulwoods13
01-14-2017, 04:56 PM
Forget semantics, five of seven on the road, and the two home games just five days apart, is a horrendous schedule by any definition.

AngeloV
01-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Forget semantics, five of seven on the road, and the two home games just five days apart, is a horrendous schedule by any definition.

Not if your main priority is tailgating in warm weather apparently.

BATKINSON001
01-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Not if your main priority is tailgating in warm weather apparently.Not everyone tailgates.

If they want to promote this culture and increase the fan base with it they need a schedule that is tailgate friendly which means late afternoon (4 or 5) or evening games.

paulwoods13
01-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Tailgates happen in all weather in the U.S. Some would argue that it was too hot to comfortably tailgate for some of our summer games. Bottom line, regardless of some fans' desire to have most home games in summer, it looks pretty clear that we will have a fairly balanced schedule, either five home games before Labour Day and four after, or 4+5.

Argo57
01-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Tailgates happen in all weather in the U.S. Some would argue that it was too hot to comfortably tailgate for some of our summer games. Bottom line, regardless of some fans' desire to have most home games in summer, it looks pretty clear that we will have a fairly balanced schedule, either five home games before Labour Day and four after, or 4+5.

Balanced schedule makes the most sense overall, get to enjoy Argo football in the summer and fall.
Best of both worlds!

AngeloV
01-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Balanced schedule makes the most sense overall, get to enjoy Argo football in the summer and fall.
Best of both worlds!

A smart and sensible reply. Heaven forbid they play a football game if the temperature drops to below 10C.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 08:16 PM
Not if your main priority is tailgating in warm weather apparently.

Main priority for us is an enjoyable day of football. Outside in cold weather isn't enjoyable for us. Simple as that. Not sure why you seem to get so upset if someone has a different opinion than you?

jerrym
01-14-2017, 08:42 PM

Couldn't agree more.

R.J
01-14-2017, 11:01 PM
Neely, the coldest it got it October 15th 2016 (last home game, which was against the Riders) was +8C, and that occured after midnight. During the game it was +10C at minimum (actually went back and checked), I don't understand how that's cold.

Don't take this the wrong way Angelo, but I've now seen you blame Rob Ford, playing the Redblacks "only" twice in 2014, and the schedule for the Argonauts losing. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I'm legitimately interested in why you feel Barker and Milanovich don't deserve the majority of the blame ?

AngeloV
01-14-2017, 11:13 PM
Neely, the coldest it got it October 15th 2016 (last home game, which was against the Riders) was +8C, and that occured after midnight. During the game it was +10C at minimum (actually went back and checked), I don't understand how that's cold.

Don't take this the wrong way Angelo, but I've now seen you blame Rob Ford, playing the Redblacks "only" twice in 2014, and the schedule for the Argonauts losing. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I'm legitimately interested in why you feel Barker and Milanovich don't deserve the majority of the blame ?

Never said they don't deserve blame for 2016. My argument theEentire time is that I wouldn't t replace them after 1 bad year. IMO, they had 2 good years, 2 decent years and 1 bad year.

As for 2014, it's a fact that had Montreal and Hamilton played each other 1 additional time, 1 of them would have had 1 more loss and the Argos would have been in the playoffs. You can call it an excuse, but it is fact.

Neely2005
01-14-2017, 11:34 PM

Wind chill blowing off the lake into the upper deck of the stadium in the second half. The temperature by the water is colder than Pearson Airport which is where they usually record Toronto temperatures.

Edit: After giving this some more thought does it really even matter what the temperature was? We were cold during the second half of that game and the kids were asking to leave because of it.

Neely2005
01-15-2017, 08:59 AM
Never said they don't deserve blame for 2016. My argument theEentire time is that I wouldn't t replace them after 1 bad year. IMO, they had 2 good years, 2 decent years and 1 bad year.

As for 2014, it's a fact that had Montreal and Hamilton played each other 1 additional time, 1 of them would have had 1 more loss and the Argos would have been in the playoffs. You can call it an excuse, but it is fact.

So according to you (and I think you're being generous in your assessment) out of 5 years they've had 2 good ones. In an industry as competitive as professional sports that's good enough for you?

R.J
01-15-2017, 10:38 AM

That's a pretty big assumption - the what if game can lead to a lot of different outcomes. By having Montreal and Hamilton play each other one more time, the schedule would change, and who knows what the outcomes for some of the other games would be. Let's say Toronto and Ottawa played each other a 3rd time, it's 50/50 at best that the Argos would win that game.

Wind chill blowing off the lake into the upper deck of the stadium in the second half. The temperature by the water is colder than Pearson Airport which is where they usually record Toronto temperatures.

Edit: After giving this some more thought does it really even matter what the temperature was? We were cold during the second half of that game and the kids were asking to leave because of it.
You realize you live in Canada, right ?

Neely2005
01-15-2017, 11:00 AM
You realize you live in Canada, right ?

Not sure what your point is here. So because we live in Canada we should enjoy being cold?

AngeloV
01-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Not sure what your point is here. So because we live in Canada we should enjoy being cold?

Maybe you should petition league to play from May to September so that you don't have to put up with the ridiculously cold October and November temperatures.

R.J
01-15-2017, 11:19 AM
No, but it gets a lot colder than it was on Oct 15th.

Neely2005
01-15-2017, 12:36 PM
Maybe you should petition league to play from May to September so that you don't have to put up with the ridiculously cold October and November temperatures.

I'm definitely behind an earlier start to the season, and I'm Not alone:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1679244/should-the-cfl-season-start-earlier-to-avoid-cold/

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/plan-to-move-up-the-cfl-season-is-gaining-traction--but-it-has-drawbacks-as-well-as-benefits-184915786.html

Argo57
01-15-2017, 01:04 PM
I'm definitely behind an earlier start to the season, and I'm Not alone:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1679244/should-the-cfl-season-start-earlier-to-avoid-cold/

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/plan-to-move-up-the-cfl-season-is-gaining-traction--but-it-has-drawbacks-as-well-as-benefits-184915786.html

Starting a couple of weeks earlier and having the Grey Cup in mid November (mainly due to the weather in places like Winnipeg and Edmonton) wouldn't be the end of the world but I wouldn't be interested in any radical changes.
Southern Ontario's weather is pretty moderate so sitting out in November watching football presents no issues for me at all, in fact that would love to see the Argos playing games in November.

sportspirate
01-16-2017, 12:26 PM
Can't believe people are using weather as an excuse, TFC was playing in colder weather for 2 over 2 hours in December and they had a packed house. Lame excuses.

Neely2005
01-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Can't believe people are using weather as an excuse, TFC was playing in colder weather for 2 over 2 hours in December and they had a packed house. Lame excuses.

Who's using it as an excuse? And what are they trying to excuse?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8