PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 14: Blue Bombers @ Lions

PullTogether73
10-11-2016, 01:24 PM
The rematch.

I was very surprised that the Lions didn't win (and convincingly!) in Winnipeg.
Maybe, as OV commented, the Lions defence isn't all they are made out to be.
I still don't have faith in the Bombers offence, so I will optimistically look for a Lions win in this game.

argolio
10-15-2016, 12:53 AM
Wild finish going on here. Turnovers everywhere!

argolio
10-15-2016, 01:00 AM
And a 62-yarder to tie is................short!

Huge win for the Bombers, and no big controversy this time.

PullTogether73
10-15-2016, 07:22 AM
Wow!
I'm shocked at the turnaround in the Bombers fortunes after changing from Willy to Nichols this season.
O'Shea was on the hot seat early this year. Now they are in second place in the highly competitive west division.
Bombers fans must be (justifiably) giddy.

Will
10-15-2016, 10:45 AM
Wow!
I'm shocked at the turnaround in the Bombers fortunes after changing from Willy to Nichols this season.
O'Shea was on the hot seat early this year. Now they are in second place in the highly competitive west division.
Bombers fans must be (justifiably) giddy.

When you haven't won in so long it is definitely justified.
I wonder what it would have been like had argofans.com existed in 1982.

R.J
10-15-2016, 11:22 AM
Bombers look like they're for real, and BC's defence looks like it was heavily overrated early in the season.

gilthethrill
10-15-2016, 11:53 AM
Did Winnipeg benefit from any game changing game cramps by the officials?

doubleblue
10-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Good exciting game. I think Gurley's presence at WR opened things up a bit for Wesler and Smith as they seemed to get open more than some earlier games I watched the Bombers play. Harris was good again. He reminds me of the Jays Russ Martin somehow in statue. Nichols has come on as a QB this year when he got his chance. Some guys just take longer to develop. Don't know if he will ever be a HOFer but is showing he can do the job when given other good players around him.

1971GreyCup
10-15-2016, 03:43 PM
Gurley did a good job getting downfield. I think his best was 33 yards.

OV Argo
10-16-2016, 10:55 PM
Taylor Loffler: guy is really impressing as a rookie safety IMO - 2 picks plus a big hit forced fumble that game; nose for the ball and a big size safety who can strike - there has not been one of those types in the CFL in some time IMO; smart safeties can read, tackle AND make INTs but that has not been seen consistently in the league for some time IMO (Rob Hitchcock was a good one in that mold) - maybe a deference to smaller cover safeties who play it safe but don't make near enough plays ?

Barker could have drafted Loffler but chose DJ Sackey instead ? - maybe Barker didn't watch any CIS play-offs last year to see Loffler play well for the Vanier Champ UBC 'Birds ? Be interesting to track these 2 draft picks to see how they pan-out in the CFL.

REAL
10-17-2016, 12:10 AM
Taylor Loffler: guy is really impressing as a rookie safety IMO - 2 picks plus a big hit forced fumble that game; nose for the ball and a big size safety who can strike - there has not been one of those types in the CFL in some time IMO; smart safeties can read, tackle AND make INTs but that has not been seen consistently in the league for some time IMO (Rob Hitchcock was a good one in that mold) - maybe a deference to smaller cover safeties who play it safe but don't make near enough plays ?

Barker could have drafted Loffler but chose DJ Sackey instead ? - maybe Barker didn't watch any CIS play-offs last year to see Loffler play well for the Vanier Champ UBC 'Birds ? Be interesting to track these 2 draft picks to see how they pan-out in the CFL.

interesting, Barker also drafted some that played very well in the CIS? what does this mean ..........

OV Argo
10-17-2016, 01:05 AM
interesting, Barker also drafted some that played very well in the CIS? what does this mean ..........

??? - i dunno - why don't you tell us?

Let's see how those 2 draft picks pan out for CFL careers. I hope Sackey is the next Chris Schultz at OT for the Argos; but Schultz was a starting OT in Div I US college ball who also started a bit in the NFL before coming to the Argos; Sackey is a converted CIS D-lineman who has a year or so starting time in college ball at OT and wasn't an all-star there.

ArgoRavi
10-17-2016, 09:58 PM
??? - i dunno - why don't you tell us?

Let's see how those 2 draft picks pan out for CFL careers. I hope Sackey is the next Chris Schultz at OT for the Argos; but Schultz was a starting OT in Div I US college ball who also started a bit in the NFL before coming to the Argos; Sackey is a converted CIS D-lineman who has a year or so starting time in college ball at OT and wasn't an all-star there.

In fairness to Barker, he probably didn't see free safety as an area of need for the Argos as offensive line depth was.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8