PDA

View Full Version : Burris Named Starter

Neely2005
10-13-2016, 01:02 PM
First Collaros out and now Harris benched. Seems odd that both of these future Hall of Famers won't be playing.
:)

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/10/10/ottawa-redblacks-give-quarterback-henry-burris-starters-job-back-for-key-game-against-hamilton-tiger-cats

PullTogether73
10-13-2016, 03:58 PM
Um, you know that this isn't news, right?
This was announced on Monday and mentioned in the game thread started Tuesday.

Neely2005
10-13-2016, 06:35 PM
Um, you know that this isn't news, right?
This was announced on Monday and mentioned in the game thread started Tuesday.

I didn't see a Thread on it. What's the statute of limitations on news / starting a Thread?

ArgoGabe22
10-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Harris doesn't look so good without Williams now, does he?

AngeloV
10-13-2016, 08:53 PM

If Burris goes on a roll, I predict Harris will be let go, rather than get paid that big, reported salary next year.

R.J
10-13-2016, 09:34 PM
If Burris goes on a roll, I predict Harris will be let go, rather than get paid that big, reported salary next year.
Or restructure Harris' contract at the very least.

Wobbler
10-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Harris needed a big 2016 season to justify his backloaded contract, but I think he pulled that off. Even if Hank takes them to the GC, I'd try to get Harris some rest - or whatever is needed to break this habit of late-season swoons - rather than let him go.

KCargosfan
10-14-2016, 03:22 AM

AV nailed that one on the head back in July. Guess it takes a QB to know a QB.

Neely2005
10-14-2016, 12:36 PM
Harris needed a big 2016 season to justify his backloaded contract, but I think he pulled that off. Even if Hank takes them to the GC, I'd try to get Harris some rest - or whatever is needed to break this habit of late-season swoons - rather than let him go.

He pulled it off how? By losing his coaches confidence, again.

Jayahre
10-16-2016, 11:48 AM

But we haven't seen Harris play without Williams. Friday night it was Burris that started and it was William's first game on the injured list.

Burris took control with 3 minutes left and marched the length of the field and ate up the clock, just surprised he didn't go for a TD with a few seconds left it would have looked good on Austin.

AngeloV
10-16-2016, 12:29 PM
just surprised he didn't go for a TD with a few seconds left it would have looked good on Austin.

Didn't surprise me at all. Season series is not important unless Hamilton were to get a tie at some point (which is possible, but extremely unlikely). They will not finished tied in the standings. At that point, trying to score more points was insignificant and who knows if the Cats may have created a strip for a fumble.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8