Loving it and definitely anti Rogers.

argotom
10-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Again, two down and two to go.
Go Tribe.

Ron
10-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Living the petty life eh? ;-)

If you truly didn't care about them as you always say ... this thread would not exist.

Argo57
10-17-2016, 08:22 PM
Grew up a diehard Jays fan, lost interest after 1994 and during the Ricciardi era however enjoyed their playoff run last year and this year.
Hope they do well!!

Tobythor
10-17-2016, 10:14 PM
I support all Toronto teams, just wished everyone else did too ;)

PullTogether73
10-18-2016, 12:12 AM
I don't hate the Blue Jays.
I don't watch baseball generally - not my sport.

I DO hate the absurd amount of coverage the Blue Jays get in this sports market.
It's bad enough that there is one sports network (Rogers Baseballnet) dedicated to baseball and the Blue Jays, but even TSN has spent the first 45 minutes of Sportscentre discussing the Jays.

I think they are currently analyzing the players' choice of underwear and the effect on their game performance.:ohno:

Ron
10-18-2016, 01:04 PM
I DO hate the absurd amount of coverage the Blue Jays get in this sports market.
It's bad enough that there is one sports network (Rogers Baseballnet) dedicated to baseball and the Blue Jays, but even TSN has spent the first 45 minutes of Sportscentre discussing the Jays.

Sportsnet is understandable since they are half news and have promotion. TSN doing it is just nutso.

argotom
10-18-2016, 02:35 PM
I did not get a chance to do the official update.
Up 3 down 0, the brooms are out this afternoon
Go Tribe Go.

matchuk
10-19-2016, 01:04 AM
The wheels fell right off the bandwagon as tickets for Tuesday afternoon's game were going for as low as $6 on stub hub!

Even tickets for Wednesday afternoon are listed well below face value ($120 seats in 500 level for $60)

PullTogether73
10-19-2016, 05:41 AM
The wheels fell right off the bandwagon as tickets for Tuesday afternoon's game were going for as low as $6 on stub hub!

Even tickets for Wednesday afternoon are listed well below face value ($120 seats in 500 level for $60)

And these are the sports "fans" that the Argonauts have to attract to their games.
How incredibly fickle.:(

argotom
10-19-2016, 07:07 PM
It's official 4 for the good guys and 1 for the bad ones.
The Crappers were never in it and good luck Indians in the WS.
Thankfully it is over as the media coverage here in the city for those of us who hate the team/ownership was unbelievably over the top.
Leading off all of the news channels, it was unbearable to watch.
The wannabe factor here is ridiculous.

Argo57
10-19-2016, 07:20 PM
Thankfully it is over as the media coverage here in the city for those of us who hate the team/ownership was unbelievably over the top.

Not over by a long shot, Winter meeting are coming along with major pontification over the pending roster changes.

argotom
10-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Not over by a long shot, Winter meeting are coming along with major pontification over the pending roster changes.

Yes you are right, just like Leaf talk 24/7 for 365 days, there will be no down time for the Crappers.

Deerkeeper
10-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Doesn't the new season start the day after the old one ends. That's the way it seems to me.

ArgoZ
10-19-2016, 08:53 PM
Yes you are right, just like Leaf talk 24/7 for 365 days, there will be no down time for the Crappers.

Craptors, Make Me Laughs, Argonots. I get it. Some used to be funny and can still be used when appropriate.
Crappers = Blue Jays??? Don't get it, never will. Never funny and doesn't even make sense.

Ron
10-19-2016, 08:55 PM

You realize the only wannabe is you? You're a wannabe Rogers hater. Rogers gives your life meaning and you even started a thread to talk about them when nobody else was. They are in your heart and they're in your soul. They'll be on your breath as you grow old. They are practically your lovers and distant friends. They are in your soul.

LLB997
10-20-2016, 01:02 AM
Alot less buzz surrounding the Jays this post season compared to last year. Amazingly easy avoiding any buzz in the city when i was there.

AngeloV
10-20-2016, 01:50 PM
Craptors, Make Me Laughs, Argonots. I get it. Some used to be funny and can still be used when appropriate.
Crappers = Blue Jays??? Don't get it, never will. Never funny and doesn't even make sense.

LOL..yeah. I just prefer to root against certain teams without using the same unfunny joke names over and over again. This doesn't just go for AT either. I've had enough of non funny names like Poop, EGO Jones, Kentyboy, Stumps...etc over and over again.

Scooter McCray
10-20-2016, 02:30 PM
I was invited and went to game 4 and watched some of the rest of the games. Stadium was sold out, fans were loud, media was covering the team well. Rogers in excess of course. I dislike Rogers very much because of their disrespectful treatment and coverage of the Argos and CFL. But I am jealous of what the Jays Leafs Raptors and even FC get in terms of coverage. When the Argos won the 100th GC there was zero coverage of the team that offseason. Everyone blames Braley for not marketing the team and he deserves blame for that but the media deserve all they get in terms of hate from Argo fans. Winning the 100th GC was a huge deal and how the team accomplished that by coming together late in the year with GTA players leading the way was special. The next season the team finished first and should of been riding a wave of bandwagon fans like the other teams do. Instead the east final had more Ticat fans represented than argo fans. I blame the media and always will for that embarrassment. Just by doing their job (coverage of the team) would have generated interest as it does for the other teams. Because the media shows love to some but not all teams in this city I can understand why some Argo fans resent the other teams in this city when they have success.

argotom
10-20-2016, 03:53 PM
I was invited and went to game 4 and watched some of the rest of the games. Stadium was sold out, fans were loud, media was covering the team well. Rogers in excess of course. I dislike Rogers very much because of their disrespectful treatment and coverage of the Argos and CFL. But I am jealous of what the Jays Leafs Raptors and even FC get in terms of coverage. When the Argos won the 100th GC there was zero coverage of the team that offseason. Everyone blames Braley for not marketing the team and he deserves blame for that but the media deserve all they get in terms of hate from Argo fans. Winning the 100th GC was a huge deal and how the team accomplished that by coming together late in the year with GTA players leading the way was special. The next season the team finished first and should of been riding a wave of bandwagon fans like the other teams do. Instead the east final had more Ticat fans represented than argo fans. I blame the media and always will for that embarrassment. Just by doing their job (coverage of the team) would have generated interest as it does for the other teams. Because the media shows love to some but not all teams in this city I can understand why some Argo fans resent the other teams in this city when they have success.

I agree with you.
Here is my take.
The Genie is out of the bottle here in the GTA, as some of us call the US wannabe capital in Canada.
It appears the CFL and Argos will almost certainly remain near the bottom of the pecking order, save and except a one off like the GC, this year is not a good example though!
The fault is complicated, but it reminds me of the famous interview of Leo Cahill who apparently told Shakey Hunt how the beginning of the end even though we were still selling out the CNE was when the baseball team came to the city in the 70's.
Sure there is plenty of blame to go around with the CFL and various different owners.
However for me it is the media perpetrated and lead of late by Rogers, back in the day it was Godfrey and the NFL pursuit.
Then there is the kool aid drinking fans that will not accept anything that is not perceived as major league and or via the US.
Finally, there is absolutely no excuse for so called Canadians in the largest city and together with the media to abandon what is likely the last bastion of Canadian sports heritage.
So bringing it around to Rogers, yes I hate and that is a strong word anything connected to them and the remaining teams indirectly connected.
Any one else want to chime in?

1971GreyCup
10-20-2016, 04:58 PM

Curious situation in our nation's capital. RedBlacks are selling out. Senators playing in front of sparse crowds. I hear from so many, Canada is a hockey first country. Look for the 2017 GC to sell out quickly.

Smart operators that restored this CFL franchise. I hope their MO is contagious!

argotom
10-20-2016, 05:07 PM
You realize the only wannabe is you? You're a wannabe Rogers hater. Rogers gives your life meaning and you even started a thread to talk about them when nobody else was. They are in your heart and they're in your soul. They'll be on your breath as you grow old. They are practically your lovers and distant friends. They are in your soul.

Prophetic, but your point is what?
At least I am not part of the minions here in the GTA and like you included drinking the kool aid, and frankly one of the few left being the voice of reason.
There are few others thankfully on this site, with the thread definitely being warranted.

argotom
10-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Curious situation in our nation's capital. RedBlacks are selling out. Senators playing in front of sparse crowds. I hear from so many, Canada is a hockey first country. Look for the 2017 GC to sell out quickly.

Smart operators that restored this CFL franchise. I hope their MO is contagious!

Unlike the vast majority here, those are reasonable people in Ottawa.
Good on Melnyk who was bashing the CFL for a while.

1971GreyCup
10-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Unlike the vast majority here, those are reasonable people in Ottawa.
Good on Melnyk who was bashing the CFL for a while.

But wasn't it not so long ago Ottawa wasn't reasonable people, re:CFL? Just like Calgary and Saskatchewan, mismanagement was finally replaced with great operators.

gilthethrill
10-20-2016, 05:14 PM
At least I am not part of the minions here in the GTA and like you included drinking the kool aid, and frankly one of the few left being the voice of reason.
There are few others thankfully on this site, with the thread definitely being warranted.

AT, you really should be a spokesman for Kool aid:)

argotom
10-20-2016, 05:19 PM
AT, you really should be a spokesman for Kool aid:)

Gil I should look into that, what with all the free advertising I am providing on the net.
Are you interested in getting some shares with me?

Will
10-20-2016, 05:20 PM

I'll like what I like thank you very much without having someone telling me that I'm part of some sort of cultish freak for daring to like something.

argotom
10-20-2016, 05:22 PM
But wasn't it not so long ago Ottawa wasn't reasonable people, re:CFL? Just like Calgary and Saskatchewan, mismanagement was finally replaced with great operators.

It was always said how the fans of Ottawa were never the reason for the decline of football as we know there were multi owners mismanagement.
Plus the great citizens, politicians excluded, realize they are not a "World Class City" and most definitely not wannabes like the dare I say the kool aid drinking mob surrounding us.

gilthethrill
10-20-2016, 05:40 PM
Gil I should look into that, what with all the free advertising I am providing on the net.
Are you interested in getting some shares with me?

I'd consider it.....as long as I get to parade around in that Kool aid Pitcher suit!

gilthethrill
10-20-2016, 05:46 PM
It was always said how the fans of Ottawa were never the reason for the decline of football as we know there were multi owners mismanagement.
Plus the great citizens, politicians excluded, realize they are not a "World Class City" and most definitely not wannabes like the dare I say the kool aid drinking mob surrounding us.

Oh, how Ottawa football fans for years suffered through just horrible ownership. Although the RedBlacks annoy me, I really am thrilled to see CFL football flourish in our Nation's Capital.

Scooter McCray
10-20-2016, 06:20 PM
The fans were never the issue in Ottawa. The last owners were not from Ottawa and all they wanted as it turned out was a GC gate and then abandoned the team and city. Even with horrible teams worse than the Argos this year they would get 20000.

argotom
10-20-2016, 07:24 PM
I'll like what I like thank you very much without having someone telling me that I'm part of some sort of cultish freak for daring to like something.

Exactly my point, you and the vast masses have been conditioned by Rogers and their media empire to fall for the "craze", like Jim Jones in Guyana days.
And look what happened to his gullible followers?

Will
10-20-2016, 07:47 PM
Exactly my point, you and the vast masses have been conditioned by Rogers and their media empire to fall for the "craze", like Jim Jones in Guyana days.
And look what happened to his gullible followers?

So, who wants to take over the board when the "Toronto Massacre" takes place and I go and drink the kool aid?

Will
10-20-2016, 07:48 PM
The fans were never the issue in Ottawa. The last owners were not from Ottawa and all they wanted as it turned out was a GC gate and then abandoned the team and city. Even with horrible teams worse than the Argos this year they would get 20000.

In spite of that, I still get ticked when several (very small minority) of Ottawa fans have taken shots at Argo support online. It's like, dude, you know what it is like to lose CFL football twice. Try being humble.

Ron
10-20-2016, 07:51 PM

LOL, I'm drinking the Kool aid because I am a CFL fan and called you out for always talking about Rogers and their property? You may say you hate them but man are you obsessed with them. Well at least you still give them some of your money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv5fYWy3H9Q

AngeloV
10-20-2016, 08:07 PM

You have to understand, that financially speaking, these are not the best of times for a great deal of people. CFL is a much cheaper form of entertainment than the NHL. It's basically a 2 sport town, so people that can't go to the NHL go watch the RedBlacks with their disposable income.

R.J
10-20-2016, 08:34 PM
You have to understand, that financially speaking, these are not the best of times for a great deal of people. CFL is a much cheaper form of entertainment than the NHL. It's basically a 2 sport town, so people that can't go to the NHL go watch the RedBlacks with their disposable income.
I think you're spot on here Angelo, and I'd like to add that the Redblacks gameday experience gets rave reviews, the 18-34 crowd enjoy themselves. I would think the locations of the stadium and arena also hurt/help the two franchises. The Sens can't get downtown soon enough.

Scooter McCray
10-21-2016, 07:24 AM
The Argos mgmt group really needs to look at what all the other teams in the league do for their in game experience. They should borrow all of the best ideas. I went to the Argo game in Winnipeg and that crowd had a great time even when they were losing for 3 quarters.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8