PDA

View Full Version : Tom Wright a Free Agent

R.J
10-20-2016, 03:24 PM
https://www.thestar.com/sports/2016/10/19/ufc-slashes-its-canadian-operations-cuts-tom-wright.html

Anyone else think the CFL should at least make a call ?

1971GreyCup
10-20-2016, 04:50 PM
He didn't last too long the first time, if my memory serves me correctly.

gilthethrill
10-20-2016, 05:11 PM
I met Tom on a West Jet flight from Halifax to Toronto the morning after Touchdown Atlantic preseason game in 2005. Very nice man. I like how, when Ricky Williams, who was under NFL suspension at the time, signed with the Argos, Wright made sure that was to never happen again.

He would do well to serve the CFL in some capacity.

PS Ricky Williams was over rated. Haha

R.J
10-20-2016, 07:35 PM
He didn't last too long the first time, if my memory serves me correctly.
Braley and supposedly some of the other Owners weren't happy that Wright had a spine. At least that's my understanding of the situation.

Will
10-20-2016, 07:54 PM
Braley and supposedly some of the other Owners weren't happy that Wright had a spine. At least that's my understanding of the situation.

Well as long as Braley is still around...

R.J
10-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Well as long as Braley is still around...
From my understanding, Braley and even Wetenhall are no longer the "powers" they once were. CSEC, OSEG, RIDERS, and Bob Young are supposedly pushing the League into a new direction. I wouldn't be surprised if Bell and Tanenbaum are throwing their weight around either.

I've always been a fan of Wright, and even though I think Orridge has done some good things, the League is going downhill IMO. Now I'm not putting the blame solely on Orridge, but IMO he's not a frontman type, he's more of a behind the scenes type. Maybe Orridge would better serve the League in Copeland's old role as President and C.O.O, and have Wright as Commish.

ArgoRavi
11-05-2016, 11:24 PM
I like Tom Wright as a person but this is the same guy who was fiddling while the Ottawa Renegades were being burned to the ground. That alone disqualifies him from having another chance at commissioner. Orridge is doing a good job and needs to stay in that position for a while yet.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8