PDA

View Full Version : Roger's not 100% anti Argo

ArgoRedneck
04-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Looks to me that on the Argonauts web page that Roger's is one of only a hand full of major sponsors. They are giving sponsor $ to the Argos. One would think that Bell would be there before them.

argotom
04-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Looks to me that on the Argonauts web page that Roger's is one of only a hand full of major sponsors. They are giving sponsor $ to the Argos. One would think that Bell would be there before them.

Curious to say the least and I am raising a Spokian eyebrow!

1argoholic
04-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Maybe they've had a change of heart.haha.

Invader
04-23-2012, 03:16 AM
Rogers used to sponser and advertise on the CFL website up until a couple of years ago. Then the CFL tripled their sponsorship fee and said take it or leave it, according to Rogers, so they pulled their CFL advertising. Not sure the league's side of the story?... but Rogers does wield some weight in the marketplace with revenues of $12.4 billion last year.

No friend of the CFL, Rogers announced last year they won't be bidding for CFL TV rights in 2013 and made national headlines. "What's wrong with the CFL?" Why isn't Rogers interested in bidding?" "Will the CFL's TV revenue crash with only one bidder?"

argotom
04-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Rogers used to sponser and advertise on the CFL website up until a couple of years ago. Then the CFL tripled their sponsorship fee and said take it or leave it, according to Rogers, so they pulled their CFL advertising. Not sure the league's side of the story?... but Rogers does wield some weight in the marketplace with revenues of $12.4 billion last year.

No friend of the CFL, Rogers announced last year they won't be bidding for CFL TV rights in 2013 and made national headlines. "What's wrong with the CFL?" Why isn't Rogers interested in bidding?" "Will the CFL's TV revenue crash with only one bidder?"

Sportsnet recently said they will bid after all.

AngeloV
04-23-2012, 01:54 PM

Not that I am a fan of Rogers, but you really are very good at pointing out half truths. You are another one that really got hammered in that 13th man thread from 2007, and with all the selective quotes you post, it's no surprise that many see through it.

jerrym
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Personally, I make sure I never spend one cent (soon to be one nickel) on Rogers.

ArgoRavi
04-24-2012, 02:20 AM
Personally, I make sure I never spend one cent (soon to be one nickel) on Rogers.

Me too, but it is a lot easier to not spend on Rogers in the Niagara Region that it is in Toronto.

ArgoRedneck
04-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Rogers is supporting the Argos website, yet some choose not to support Rogers now. Rogers should stop supporting the Argos with advertising money if they are not going to get fans that are not brand loyal.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8