PDA

View Full Version : Milo off season potential firing Poll

Ron
11-06-2016, 04:37 PM
This is a poll about the potential Milo firing. This NOT about what you want to happen ... but what you think actually WILL happen.

AngeloV
11-06-2016, 06:04 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I think he's toast.

ArgoGabe22
11-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Based on the Dunk article, sounds like Barker is more toast.

R.J
11-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Money is the only reason Milanovich and even Barker for that matter will stick around. Milanovich lost the room, not sure how Copeland, Cope, and Tanenbaum won't take issue with that. Also keep in mind that Milanovich pushed to acquire Drew Willy.

doubleblue
11-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Interesting rumour from Drew and Dunk, that Jim Barker now has to run football moves (probably trades) by Management and the Owners. I guess we weren't the only ones blind sided by the Willy trade and the release of the Big Three.

timlb01
11-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Let's just say criticizing the Willy trade is easy because he stunk. If he came here and won 3 out 4 games we would all think it was a great trade. It was a desperate move to save the season which did not work out. I am not a Willy fan and I think he needs to go but it was a move made to try to salvage the season. If it worked we would all be buying his jersey and wearing it to the playoff game.

ArgoRavi
11-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Let's just say criticizing the Willy trade is easy because he stunk. If he came here and won 3 out 4 games we would all think it was a great trade. It was a desperate move to save the season which did not work out. I am not a Willy fan and I think he needs to go but it was a move made to try to salvage the season. If it worked we would all be buying his jersey and wearing it to the playoff game.

Good point! I still think giving Willy one more shot with a full training camp at a reduced salary is worth doing.

paulwoods13
11-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Criticizing the Willy trade is what keeps this forum going of late, it seems. If I had a hundred dollars for every post blasting him and/or the guys who traded for him, I'd be able to buy his contract out myself. I get it, people hate him and want him gone, and hate SM/JB and want them gone. There's no need to endlessly repeat the same arguments/positions -- this is not supposed to be an echo chamber.

R.J
11-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Criticizing the Willy trade is what keeps this forum going of late, it seems. If I had a hundred dollars for every post blasting him and/or the guys who traded for him, I'd be able to buy his contract out myself. I get it, people hate him and want him gone, and hate SM/JB and want them gone. There's no need to endlessly repeat the same arguments/positions -- this is not supposed to be an echo chamber.
I don't think you understand how bad that trade was Paul.

gilthethrill
11-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Good point! I still think giving Willy one more shot with a full training camp at a reduced salary is worth doing.

I don't. Sad thing is so much was invested in him, he will most likely be in camp next year. Kyle Walters must kicking his heels these days.

paulwoods13
11-07-2016, 05:02 PM

What I don't understand is why so many posters feel it necessary to repeat themselves endlessly on the same subject. I get that people hate Willy, hate SM/JB, hate the trade. But what is the point of saying it over and over and over? To bludgeon anyone who might disagree into submission? To persuade oneself that "I must be right because A, B and C are also saying the same thing"? It was already old several weeks ago. Now it's approaching necrosis.

R.J
11-07-2016, 05:20 PM
What I don't understand is why so many posters feel it necessary to repeat themselves endlessly on the same subject. I get that people hate Willy, hate SM/JB, hate the trade. But what is the point of saying it over and over and over? To bludgeon anyone who might disagree into submission? To persuade oneself that "I must be right because A, B and C are also saying the same thing"? It was already old several weeks ago. Now it's approaching necrosis.
What's the point of the SM and Barker backers continually bringing up that they're good football people ? It works both ways.

I don't think anyone trying to bludgeon anyone here, nor persuade themselves that they're right. This is a discussion forum, and people come here to voice their opinions, even if it's repetitive. People are pissed, and until the Argos do something, the complaints will continue - that's the way forums usually go.

gilthethrill
11-07-2016, 05:28 PM
As for the question as to whether Milanovich will be fired? I don't think so. Both he and Barker have 2 years left on their contracts (those 3 year extensions were earned with all the adversity they both endured). The team lost a lot of $$$ this season. I don't see how they can eat both of those salaries.

1971GreyCup
11-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Jim Popps statement included:

"After 19 consecutive years making the playoffs, the Als fell short in the last two seasons. "When a team doesn't meet expectations, every General Manager and Head Coach understands that it may be time to make a change. I understand this and wish to thank everyone for a great run in Montreal."

Et al Toronto

Says it all right here.

OV Argo
11-07-2016, 07:48 PM
What's the point of the SM and Barker backers continually bringing up that they're good football people ? It works both ways.

I don't think anyone trying to bludgeon anyone here, nor persuade themselves that they're right. This is a discussion forum, and people come here to voice their opinions, even if it's repetitive. People are pissed, and until the Argos do something, the complaints will continue - that's the way forums usually go.

Where is this "hate" ???

Millanovich stinks as a football HC IMO - predictable, poor decisions, foolish moves - does that mean I hate the guy ???

R.J
11-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Where is this "hate" ???

Millanovich stinks as a football HC IMO - predictable, poor decisions, foolish moves - does that mean I hate the guy ???
I'm right there with you Ov.

Shatto
11-07-2016, 11:25 PM
I don't think people hate Willy but they hate the trade and what it cost. If Willy had signed as a free agent after the season, I believe most would have reacted positively and looked forward to him winning a spot on the team at training camp. As far as SM/JB are concerned I suspect it is more frustration being expressed rather than hate--at least hope so.

Ron
11-08-2016, 02:34 AM

To be fair. I don't think you understand how great that trade was.

Ron
11-08-2016, 02:36 AM
The team lost a lot of $$$ this season. .

Don't know if they lost a lot. They weren't that far off their break even by years end. And they will make bank on Grey Cup.

1971GreyCup
11-08-2016, 07:04 AM
As for the question as to whether Milanovich will be fired? I don't think so. Both he and Barker have 2 years left on their contracts (those 3 year extensions were earned with all the adversity they both endured). The team lost a lot of $$$ this season. I don't see how they can eat both of those salaries.

Having said that, this isn't the time to introduce an austerity program. I perceive the motivation of Bell Media was to protect the CFL on TSN franchise which they seem to be committing over $40 million per year and growing. With the survival of the league and a $200 million five year commitment, I hope Bell Media will error on the side of entertainment and not short term economics. If we in fact lose 75% of the team, and we come back with complex offensive and defensive schemes under this regime, you'all look back fondly at the attendance numbers for 2016.

I would argue that every dollar invested right now could have multiple longterm effects in the largest viewing market in Canada. Conversely, the absence of investing now could have an exponential destructive effect on the brand and continue the 30 years of brand diminishment.

paulwoods13
11-08-2016, 08:48 AM

Do a count. I'm extremely confident that the Barker sucks/Milanovich sucks comments outweigh they're-good-football-men by a factor of at least 10. A forum where the same statement gets made over and over, day after day, week after week, may provide a form of validation to those making it, but it's not exactly a forum for actual discussion.

OV Argo
11-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Do a count. I'm extremely confident that the Barker sucks/Milanovich sucks comments outweigh they're-good-football-men by a factor of at least 10. A forum where the same statement gets made over and over, day after day, week after week, may provide a form of validation to those making it, but it's not exactly a forum for actual discussion.

LOL - you're the lord of what constitutes football discussion here, are you ?

There was about 16 weeks in a row of total $hit Argo football on display this season, compounded by questionable personnel decisions and a ludicrous, stupid trade = tons of fodder for the "sucks" crowd, and the homer cheerleaders had equal chance to stick up for that fine football product.

Go back and check yourself - I can't recall many posts with just "Argos suck", out of the blue here; instead though, there was plenty of well warranted - "Argos suck - because, reasons a thru z - which is football discussion IMO.

paulwoods13
11-08-2016, 11:26 AM
Yawn.

doubleblue
11-08-2016, 03:25 PM

There was about 16 weeks in a row of total $hit Argo football on display this season, compounded by questionable personnel decisions and a ludicrous, stupid trade = tons of fodder for the "sucks" crowd, and the homer cheerleaders had equal chance to stick up for that fine football product.

Go back and check yourself - I can't recall many posts with just "Argos suck", out of the blue here; instead though, there was plenty of well warranted - "Argos suck - because, reasons a thru z - which is football discussion IMO.
:)
At our age we have to keep repeating ourselves because we forget what we said two weeks ago.

Gill The Thrill
11-16-2016, 10:49 PM
Don't know if they lost a lot. They weren't that far off their break even by years end. And they will make bank on Grey Cup.And that's how you judge a team that had a 2-7 home record and a 5-13 record overall. Do you really think they'll keep all their season ticket numbers with that sorry-ass product that they put on the field. I'm a big CFL fan but I can't justify committing and investing a seasons worth of tickets for what they put on the field, yet you call this a success because they may make some cash hosting the Grey Cup.

With fans who think like you, no wonder the Argo brass are in no hurry to show Barker and Milo the door. Could you imagine a season like this in Edmonton or Calgary? The media conference would've been the day after the last game, just as it should have been in Toronto this season, to announce their dismissal.

Gill The Thrill
11-16-2016, 10:55 PM

OV, it's official, Paul likes to watch a coach who operates a pop warner offence at the pro level...I can't believe the Argos lost as many games as they did with those 2 yd passes in front of no blockers. It was so sophisticated and really displayed Milo's high powered offensive attack with all those trick plays. Funny, all of Milo's supporters laugh at Dan Lefevour, but the only game the Argos showed any diversity on offense was their home win against the Ticats when Lefevour played the whole game.

Ron
11-17-2016, 02:59 AM
And that's how you judge a team that had a 2-7 home record and a 5-13 record overall. Do you really think they'll keep all their season ticket numbers with that sorry-ass product that they put on the field. I'm a big CFL fan but I can't justify committing and investing a seasons worth of tickets for what they put on the field, yet you call this a success because they may make some cash hosting the Grey Cup.

With fans who think like you, no wonder the Argo brass are in no hurry to show Barker and Milo the door. Could you imagine a season like this in Edmonton or Calgary? The media conference would've been the day after the last game, just as it should have been in Toronto this season, to announce their dismissal.

That was an answer to a money statement made. As for how many seats they lose nobody here has any facts about how many seats will be sold next year. Just because they may lose you doesn't mean you won't be replaced.

As for their dismissal. It may happen or it may not. But they won't fire someone just because that's what you want. I have always just maintained that Milo won't be fired because of how deals and coaching were done to end the season. Milo and Barker did not act like brass that were trying to save THIS season to save their asses. They made future type moves. Ownership may still change their minds.

R.J
11-17-2016, 02:45 PM
It sounds as though Barker didn't have to ask for the Owners or Copeland's permission to make the Drew Willy trade, but the trade may have changed that. It's pretty clear that Barker made a desperation trade for this season - if it was solely for the future, then he could have waited for the offseason. This isn't the first time that Barker made a knee jerk type move, and it's not the first or even second time that Barker and Milanovich screwed up the QB decision, so yeah if Ownership and Copeland were smart, they'd boot out the people that drove this team into the ground.

Will
11-17-2016, 03:48 PM
It sounds as though Barker didn't have to ask for the Owners or Copeland's permission to make the Drew Willy trade, but the trade may have changed that. It's pretty clear that Barker made a desperation trade for this season - if it was solely for the future, then he could have waited for the offseason. This isn't the first time that Barker made a knee jerk type move, and it's not the first or even second time that Barker and Milanovich screwed up the QB decision, so yeah if Ownership and Copeland were smart, they'd boot out the people that drove this team into the ground.

I'm hoping that was the case only from the perspective that I wouldn't want ownership to have such control only under extreme circumstances.
As we know, MLSE (or a reasonable facsimile as this ownership group is) isn't exactly known for not keeping their beaks where they don't belong.

R.J
11-17-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm hoping that was the case only from the perspective that I wouldn't want ownership to have such control only under extreme circumstances.
As we know, MLSE (or a reasonable facsimile as this ownership group is) isn't exactly known for not keeping their beaks where they don't belong.
Meh, it's not out of the norm. Tillman had to get approval from Len Rhodes for the Ray trade and Rhodes allowed it because he said he had to trust in his GM who knew more about football than he did. Even in the NHL - Tim Murray had to run the Miller trade by LaFontaine and Pegula, IIRC LaFontaine disagreed with the potential move, but Pegula allowed it which then lead to LaFontaine leaving Buffalo to return to the League office. Poile had to seek Owenrship approval of the Weber deal (not sure about Bergevin and the Molsons). It works both ways though, bad deals can happen no matter what - Burke had full autonomy here in Toronto and he ultimately acquired Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton.

Usually big moves need the okay from up top, while I'd prefer GM's to have the full autonomy, I can understand why Presidents and Owners want their own say.

Will
11-17-2016, 04:56 PM
Meh, it's not out of the norm. Tillman had to get approval from Len Rhodes for the Ray trade and Rhodes allowed it because he said he had to trust in his GM who knew more about football than he did. Even in the NHL - Tim Murray had to run the Miller trade by LaFontaine and Pegula, IIRC LaFontaine disagreed with the potential move, but Pegula allowed it which then lead to LaFontaine leaving Buffalo to return to the League office. Poile had to seek Owenrship approval of the Weber deal (not sure about Bergevin and the Molsons). It works both ways though, bad deals can happen no matter what - Burke had full autonomy here in Toronto and he ultimately acquired Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton.

Usually big moves need the okay from up top, while I'd prefer GM's to have the full autonomy, I can understand why Presidents and Owners want their own say.

That may be the case, but meddlesome ownership from MLSE hasn't exactly produced much success over the years. It is only in the last 3-5 years that the Raptors got their act in gear, 1 year since Toronto FC got their act in gear and the Leafs theoretically have their act in gear.

R.J
11-17-2016, 05:01 PM
That may be the case, but meddlesome ownership from MLSE hasn't exactly produced much success over the years. It is only in the last 3-5 years that the Raptors got their act in gear, 1 year since Toronto FC got their act in gear and the Leafs theoretically have their act in gear.
That's true, MLSe seems to have taken a more hands off approach, and it appears to be working, but as I said it's not out of the norm for GM's to run decisions by the President/C.E.O or Ownership.

The way I see it, what's the point of keeping Barker and Milanovich around if you don't trust them to make decisions anymore.

Gill The Thrill
11-20-2016, 03:27 PM
That was an answer to a money statement made. As for how many seats they lose nobody here has any facts about how many seats will be sold next year. Just because they may lose you doesn't mean you won't be replaced.

As for their dismissal. It may happen or it may not. But they won't fire someone just because that's what you want. I have always just maintained that Milo won't be fired because of how deals and coaching were done to end the season. Milo and Barker did not act like brass that were trying to save THIS season to save their asses. They made future type moves. Ownership may still change their minds.Been an Argo and CFL fan for 35 years. You really think I could be replaced simply by doing nothing. The attendance figures over the same time would not say that. If that's the attitude that the Argos take with long standing fans...well then it's no wonder, paying crowds have never come back to watch the Argos or the CFL brand in Toronto, once they've taken their entertainment dollars elsewhere. I would not recommend that strategy for the long term viability of the organization and for the long term viability of the league to generate dollars and interest from advertisers.

AngeloV
11-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Been an Argo and CFL fan for 35 years. You really think I could be replaced simply by doing nothing. The attendance figures over the same time would not say that. If that's the attitude that the Argos take with long standing fans...well then it's no wonder, paying crowds have never come back to watch the Argos or the CFL brand in Toronto, once they've taken their entertainment dollars elsewhere. I would not recommend that strategy for the long term viability of the organization and for the long term viability of the league to generate dollars and interest from advertisers.

You've been an Argos fan for 35 years, as have I (actually about 40), and over that time there have been considerably worse times than now, so why would you bail this time?

Argo57
11-21-2016, 07:50 AM
You've been an Argos fan for 35 years, as have I (actually about 40), and over that time there have been considerably worse times than now, so why would you bail this time?

Sadly many people have bailed over the years, in the mid seventies early eighties the Argos were terrible and still had 40+k at the stadium times have changed.

Jon Gonzo
11-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Firing someone in Sport has nothing to do with "hate."

That's just rich. I'd like to think that we're good enough fans, experienced enough fans, to be objective about some of this stuff.

Honestly, who doesn't know that sports is all about winning?

I like Milanovich. Barker has done a pretty good job, but I think he's been too stubborn with some of his less progressive philosophies. He needs to adapt like the other winning programs have.

Both will land on their feet.

It has nothing to do with *hate* and everything to do with an uptempo, progressive and properly trending football program.

Milanovich and Barker had terrible seasons, and they're in a downward trend.

They will be replaced. If they are not, then you really have to start to worry.

Wobbler
11-21-2016, 11:26 PM
I like Milanovich a lot. He interviews well and is clearly a smart guy, and I like his pass-first philosophy (even if it isn't terribly original). I can envision a scenario where he explains to management his ideas for a revised offensive strategy that will be harder to defend and make effective use of our projected 2017 personnel. Without the Grey Cup spotlight, there will be an opportunity for a partial rebuild. There will be quite a bit of personnel turnover, so even if he "lost the room" this year, it'll be a different room next year. I was dismayed by our offensive inflexibility in 2016, but I could be persuaded that he can do better.

Nevertheless, if a good candidate is available I think they'll let SM go. A coaching change would be the most obvious demonstration that it'll be a "different team" next year.

Gill The Thrill
11-22-2016, 12:47 AM
You've been an Argos fan for 35 years, as have I (actually about 40), and over that time there have been considerably worse times than now, so why would you bail this time?That could be debated if it was worse. Even longtime Argo fan and sports reporter Howard Berger blogged that this was probably the worst coached Argo team since 1981, when they finished 2-14. At least when they were bad in the late 70s and early 80s, they generated fan interest because people cared. That sadly does not seem to be the case now. You know the old adage, whether they love you or hate you, at least they're still talking about you. Well, most people don't even acknowledge the Argos exist now which means they are not only not talking about the team, they're just indifferent and don't care, and that's the hill that the organization must climb.

Delivering the product that they did to their season ticket holders who financially and emotionally invest in the team is bad enough, doing that to casual fans who may be ambivalent to the product is a recipe for disaster and disinterest among casual sports fans and that's why I'm concerned. It's as if ownership is actually satisfied that the team is ignored because they can take their sweet time and not respond to fans concerns, because there is so few of them. If that's the case, then how could I make the commitment if they bring back those 2 architects of this poor football season back...can't do it. Will probably continue watching and go to games as a walk up fan, as I'm sure many seats will unfortunately be available, but won't make the investment to get a full block of seasons before the roster is finalized.

Argo57
11-22-2016, 07:49 AM
That could be debated if it was worse. Even longtime Argo fan and sports reporter Howard Berger blogged that this was probably the worst coached Argo team since 1981, when they finished 2-14. At least when they were bad in the late 70s and early 80s, they generated fan interest because people cared. That sadly does not seem to be the case now. You know the old adage, whether they love you or hate you, at least they're still talking about you. Well, most people don't even acknowledge the Argos exist now which means they are not only not talking about the team, they're just indifferent and don't care, and that's the hill that the organization must climb.

Delivering the product that they did to their season ticket holders who financially and emotionally invest in the team is bad enough, doing that to casual fans who may be ambivalent to the product is a recipe for disaster and disinterest among casual sports fans and that's why I'm concerned. It's as if ownership is actually satisfied that the team is ignored because they can take their sweet time and not respond to fans concerns, because there is so few of them. If that's the case, then how could I make the commitment if they bring back those 2 architects of this poor football season back...can't do it. Will probably continue watching and go to games as a walk up fan, as I'm sure many seats will unfortunately be available, but won't make the investment to get a full block of seasons before the roster is finalized.

Can't disagree with anything you've said, when you finish 5-13 and go 1-11 down the stretch changes have to be made period.

ArgoGabe22
11-22-2016, 08:27 AM
I still wouldn't say this was the worst coached team since '81. There have been worse.

Will
11-22-2016, 10:28 AM
I still wouldn't say this was the worst coached team since '81. There have been worse.

2009 was pretty bad, but I think people would point and say that Andrus was a 1st year coach with no CFL experience who was out of his element.

2008 was pretty bad, but I think people would point and say that Stubler was a 1st year coach with CFL experience who inherited a (i) deteriorating ownership group and (ii) QB controversy

1993 was pretty bad, but I think people would point and say that Dennis Meyer inherited an unwinnable situation with (i) an ownership group that was falling apart and (ii) forcing Tracy Ham to run a "run & shoot" offence.

You could argue some of that applies to the 2016 group, but it isn't going to be a popular opinion on here right now.

paulwoods13
11-22-2016, 11:07 AM
First of all, the team wasn't terribly coached in 1981 under Willie Wood, despite going 0-10. A handful of plays turn out differently and that team starts the year 3-0 rather than 0-3. It got badly blown out in week 4 due in part to an administrative foulup that prevented the team from arriving in Hamilton until right before kickoff. But they were in most of their games before Wood was fired.

How about first half of 2000 (John Huard)? Or 1995 (Mike Faragalli)? I'd rate both as worse than this year. And of course 2009.

R.J
11-22-2016, 01:00 PM
Overall this could be one of the worst Argonauts teams within the last 20 years. The 4-2 start made this team look a lot better than it really was, and and the end of the day this is one of the worst defences we've seen in a while (even worse than Creehan's). Offensively: IMO as predictable as the Andrus offence and Elizondo/Lemon offence.

Have there been worse teams ? Yes, but to overlook the Argos 1-11 finish is a mistake IMO.

paulwoods13
11-22-2016, 01:25 PM
I don't know who is "overlooking" this year's performance. It doesn't have to be rated the worst of the past 35 years to still be considered a terrible year.

R.J
11-22-2016, 01:27 PM
I don't know who is "overlooking" this year's performance. It doesn't have to be rated the worst of the past 35 years to still be considered a terrible year.
Considering some still want Milanovich and Barker back, IMO it's being overlooked.

doubleblue
11-22-2016, 04:47 PM
The more I think about the situation the more I think maybe Barker and Milanovich should be given another chance, unless ownership can pull off something big like hiring John Hufnagel to see if he can turn things around. He would probably turn it down, but everybody has their price. Huff knows how to put a winning team on the field.

I just don't see too many name Coaches out there. That seemed to be what is needed to grab the attention of the people who aren't buying tickets in Toronto.

Argo
11-22-2016, 06:33 PM
The more I think about the situation the more I think maybe Barker and Milanovich should be given another chance, unless ownership can pull off something big like hiring John Hufnagel to see if he can turn things around. He wouldn't probably turn it down, but everybody has their price. Huff knows how to put a winning team on the field.

I just don't see too many name Coaches out there. That seemed to be what is needed to grab the attention of the people who aren't buying tickets in Toronto.

Milanovich and Barker intrigue virtually no Argonauts fans - potential or actual.

ArgoRavi
11-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Considering some still want Milanovich and Barker back, IMO it's being overlooked.

It isn't being overlooked. However, those of us who are okay with having them back aren't going to overreact to the final 12 games of this season either. It sounds like the team has the right idea in taking their time and trying to make the best decision concerning the head coach and GM positions.

Argo57
11-23-2016, 01:17 AM
It isn't being overlooked. However, those of us who are okay with having them back aren't going to overreact to the final 12 games of this season either. It sounds like the team has the right idea in taking their time and trying to make the best decision concerning the head coach and GM positions.

Yes of course, why would anyone overreact and expect change when they go 1-11 down the stretch.
The nerve of some fans!!

Jon Gonzo
11-23-2016, 08:30 AM

Over-react? Don't think so. I'd love to come up with every reason in the book to keep them. Here is the cold hard truth. Since they went to the Eastern Final and lost in 2013, these guys have only been able to win 23 games in 55 opportunities. They have missed the playoffs twice, in a weak, weak Eastern Division and they got manhandled by the Ticats in the only playoff game they played in/in that time-frame.

Barker and Milanovich are at a 42% winning percentage and trending downward.

In that time Ottawa has come into the league and has made two Grey Cup appearances in 3 seasons. Both Milo and Barker have been out-Coached and out-Managed.

Barker hasn't set this team up for a quick rebound either.

That isn't good enough in Pro Sport. Desperate measures for desperate times. The Argo franchise rates last in the entire league in almost every category.

No over reaction here.

REAL
11-23-2016, 11:55 AM
Over-react? Don't think so. I'd love to come up with every reason in the book to keep them. Here is the cold hard truth. Since they went to the Eastern Final and lost in 2013, these guys have only been able to win 23 games in 55 opportunities. They have missed the playoffs twice, in a weak, weak Eastern Division and they got manhandled by the Ticats in the only playoff game they played in/in that time-frame.

Barker and Milanovich are at a 42% winning percentage and trending downward.

In that time Ottawa has come into the league and has made two Grey Cup appearances in 3 seasons. Both Milo and Barker have been out-Coached and out-Managed.

Barker hasn't set this team up for a quick rebound either.

That isn't good enough in Pro Sport. Desperate measures for desperate times. The Argo franchise rates last in the entire league in almost every category.

No over reaction here.

Where can I find the rankings that show us in last ............

Jon Gonzo
11-23-2016, 12:23 PM

Last in Attendance, last in wins, ratings took a huge hit, and a team that is not on an uptick/ unlike almost all of the others.

R.J
11-23-2016, 01:58 PM
http://www.cfl.ca/team-leaders/?season=2016

So, let's see..................
Tied for second last in points scored, second last in passing yards, last in rushing TD's, last in offensive turnovers, last in points allowed, last in the regular season standings, and last in home attendance. There are other sites with considerably more information, maybe you should give those a try.

Will
11-23-2016, 02:22 PM
http://www.cfl.ca/team-leaders/?season=2016

So, let's see..................
Tied for second last in points scored, second last in passing yards, last in rushing TD's, last in offensive turnovers, last in points allowed, last in the regular season standings, and last in home attendance. There are other sites with considerably more information, maybe you should give those a try.

Download the PDF at that link and all will be told. Aside from passing yards given up, it's not pretty.

R.J
11-23-2016, 04:37 PM
Download the PDF at that link and all will be told. Aside from passing yards given up, it's not pretty.
Completely missed the little pdf button.
http://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/2016-CFL-League-Statistics-to-Week-20-Final-Draft-2.pdf

It's pretty bad across the board.

Will
11-23-2016, 05:08 PM
Completely missed the little pdf button.
http://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/2016-CFL-League-Statistics-to-Week-20-Final-Draft-2.pdf

It's pretty bad across the board.

Truth is that in terms of PF and PA and how the Argos have ranked in that department, it hasn't been pretty but for 1 year of the SM/JB regime.

The Argos are 76-104 in the last 10 years. I know that Hamilton and Winnipeg are worse than that, but I wouldn't be surprised if nobody else was.

paulwoods13
11-23-2016, 06:38 PM
The last 10 years is irrelevant since no one associated with the 2007-09 Argos is still associated with the team. It's fair to judge the results since 2010 under Barker, and since 2012 under milanovich, but how does what happened before them matter at this point? Any time period could be chosen and yield different results.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8